AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2006-02-04, 21:15   Link #101
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Lmao...Don't get all "icky" with me...I just like the way it's said...Zolo sounds alright, I have no problem with it...Zoro does (like it or not) makes me think of Zorro the spanish sword-hero...I'm sorry but it does...So i have no probs saying it or hearing it...I really don't have any problems either way (I mean i watch the same eps you do and am fine with them saying it in the anime)...When I'm typing it just comes out of me without me even thinking about it...So Zolo's cool with me...
Old 2006-02-04, 22:31   Link #102
Glitch87

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness
Lmao...Don't get all "icky" with me...I just like the way it's said...Zolo sounds alright, I have no problem with it...Zoro does (like it or not) makes me think of Zorro the spanish sword-hero...I'm sorry but it does...So i have no probs saying it or hearing it...I really don't have any problems either way (I mean i watch the same eps you do and am fine with them saying it in the anime)...When I'm typing it just comes out of me without me even thinking about it...So Zolo's cool with me...
yeah but whats wrong with it reminding you of Zorro? i know i'd rather have a name that reminds ppl of a legend than 'Zolo'. breath mints anyone? Have a fresh breath with a pack of Zolo's!
Glitch87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-04, 23:38   Link #103
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Without being too specific or belligerent, I simply like how the name sounds...

Sorry...don't let it eat your insides...Of all the crazy and idiotic names in anime (all of anime)... Zolo is far from something that's really wierd or unacceptable...
Old 2006-02-05, 17:16   Link #104
Chuixupu
Shikachu

I didn't see 256 yet, but from the summaries I read, this is a real definate case of the anime REALLY stalling way too much, they didn't even cover a whole chapter, sheesh. I was expecting the episode to cover a lot more. And they interjected something that should have been shown earlier.

And this is one reason why the manga kicks the anime's butt.
Chuixupu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-06, 15:11   Link #105
hi no ken Jebus

Spoiler for ep 256:

Last edited by hi no ken Jebus; 2006-02-06 at 15:23.
hi no ken Jebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-06, 16:18   Link #106
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Hehe, the guy from SMAP. "Watch this movie because I'm in it!"

I was hoping for a more upbeat ending, and the Robin one seems a bit early, but I really liked it nonetheless, and the song is nice.
Old 2006-02-07, 16:23   Link #107
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Anyone knows why they changed the voice of Chopper. I believe they also changed Gash's voice recently (same person). The new voice is awful. At the beginning the voice actor tried to imitate the original voice (and it seemed to me as if Luffy was changing his voice to also sound like Chopper), then after that the voice lost its entertaining value.

Hopefully, this will be a temporary change.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-07, 16:39   Link #108
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^I don't mean to be frank, but why don't people read the thread? Just a little bit??Chopper's VA is sick so they had to replace her for the time being...It is discussed on previous pages in detail...

Well I finally got ONE PIECE Movie 5 (The only one I haven't seen)...Hope it's good and action-packed and can give me the OP action I've been looking for that Water 7 isn't providing...
Old 2006-02-07, 17:17   Link #109
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness
^I don't mean to be frank, but why don't people read the thread? Just a little bit??Chopper's VA is sick so they had to replace her for the time being...It is discussed on previous pages in detail...

Well I finally got ONE PIECE Movie 5 (The only one I haven't seen)...Hope it's good and action-packed and can give me the OP action I've been looking for that Water 7 isn't providing...
I made a search for chopper+voice in water 7 discussion thread - that is where the discussion about that should be made. And I didn't see anything - about illness. I mainly checked around the episode when the voice has changed. If you find a message that I missed in that thread feel free to reply (I searched in the water 7 thread again for ill - nothing came up). Are you sure it was discussed in detail? Or maybe there were lots of shortened words like VA that it may not be easily noticed.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-07, 17:53   Link #110
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt
I made a search for chopper+voice in water 7 discussion thread - that is where the discussion about that should be made. And I didn't see anything - about illness. I mainly checked around the episode when the voice has changed. If you find a message that I missed in that thread feel free to reply (I searched in the water 7 thread again for ill - nothing came up). Are you sure it was discussed in detail? Or maybe there were lots of shortened words like VA that it may not be easily noticed.
Well this is pretty much all the detail you need...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuixupu
BTW, I thought the extended break in the episodes was just because of the holiday, but it was just announced that Ikue Ohtoni, Chopper's voice actor, has fallen ill and is unable to work for a while. She will be temporarily replaced by Kazue Ikura until she is well enough to return. I hope she gets well soon!
Plus alot of other people talked about it in passing...so no harm, no foul ...
Old 2006-02-07, 18:08   Link #111
Chuixupu
Shikachu

I thought Movie 5 mostly sucked. Like all the other odd-numbered movies. I get more out of the very slowest of W7 episodes then anything of Movie 5.
Old 2006-02-07, 18:15   Link #112
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Don't tell me that!

Don't kill all my hopes before I even watch the thing ...

Hopefully our difference in opinions in the show will be reflected when I watch this...It can't be worse than movie 6 (which looked great, but was kinda boring) or Chopper Island (That was just awful, except the 2 minute Sanji fight)...
Old 2006-02-07, 20:15   Link #113
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Haha...I loved Movie 6, it's my favorite One Piece movie. It's the only one I wanted to watch more than once. So maybe you'll like 5....since we seem to have such opposite opinions. Well, actually, I hated movie 3 (the Chopper one) also...but then, who doesn't hate that one?
Old 2006-02-10, 03:21   Link #114
ケネス

Oh my god the characters look so ugly now. They can't draw their noses correctly. It's horrible
Spoiler:

Last edited by ケネス; 2006-02-10 at 10:51.
ケネス is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-10, 03:34   Link #115
Chuixupu
Shikachu

No, that's because you're looking at an example of the B-team's episodes. Why does everyone do that? The find the worst example of the worst animated episode out of all the ones that are actually much better and go OMFG THEY LOOK SO AWFUL. It must be that someone did it once and everyone looks at the same screenshots. I could pull out dozens of examples from older episodes where they look much worse.
Old 2006-02-10, 10:49   Link #116
ケネス

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuixupu
No, that's because you're looking at an example of the B-team's episodes. Why does everyone do that? The find the worst example of the worst animated episode out of all the ones that are actually much better and go OMFG THEY LOOK SO AWFUL. It must be that someone did it once and everyone looks at the same screenshots. I could pull out dozens of examples from older episodes where they look much worse.
No my opinion is not based on one screenshot. Most of the recent episodes are like that and their noses are making me sick by looking at it.
Old 2006-02-10, 15:23   Link #117
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Whatever. With the exception of just a few certain episodes, they look fine to me. It's just uncanny how the few people that make the same exact comments post the same exact screenshots from the same episodes which really suck artwise. The art in the anime has changed to fit the more complex style of the manga art. The lack-luster artists of Toei aren't really great at adapting, particularly the filler team people who did some of the recent episodes.

The art and animation style for the recent episodes are much better than they were in Skypiea, at least.
Old 2006-02-10, 22:16   Link #118
ケネス

chunky is my hero after that debate
Old 2006-02-11, 12:24   Link #119
monir
cho~ kakkoii

I don't think your hero will appreciate that you misspelled his name, and now referring him as chunky. It's chucky.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-11, 16:04   Link #120
ケネス

ahahahahahaha