AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Old 2014-04-29, 14:01   Link #261
UsagiTenpura
Artist

Guess I was looking if anyone was talking about the new Higurashi thing shown in the last 07th artbook. Since none seems to be mentioning anything about it, guess I'll say what I can.

New serie ??? : Higurashi no naku koro ni hou.
New character : Tamurahimenomikoto - seems to be hanyuu but has feathers instead of horns.
More new characters : An astronaut guy and an astronaut girl, and also a little robotic girl.

Seems to be about alternate dimensions in a well more "alternate" way then higurashi has shown us so far. If I hadn't actually seen it I'd pretty much doubt the whole thing... A new serie would be one thing but it really appears to be - more higurashi, just with astronauts and robot girls.
UsagiTenpura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-01, 03:31   Link #262
SpiritofTheNaiker

You know - what I'd like to know the most is something about the release date. They were talking about this summer, but I found nothing about any piece of news.
Old 2014-05-02, 15:03   Link #263
UsagiTenpura
Artist

Well summer 2014 is written on the back of same art book for it, so, probably comicket.
UsagiTenpura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-26, 14:00   Link #264
TW25

The sci-fi stuff is actually for the Winter work featuring three worlds, one of which is sci-fi. Ryuukishi said that for this year he was producing two one-off works, the first of which is Higurashi Hou for this summer.

As a small update, in his interview for the upcoming Game Market, Ryuukishi announced the scenario writing for Higurashi Hou is already finishing. I suspect we'll have more news soon, but if not the release info is always released early July just before pre-orders go live.
TW25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-04, 00:52   Link #265
fuff

dunno if this is allowed or has been posted before but heres the image:
fuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-13, 09:19   Link #266
TW25

There's no additional information yet, but the official site for Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Hou is now up. There's a space for the movie and three sections are coming soon: What is "Higurashi"?, Character Introductions, and Specifications.

http://07th-expansion.net/higu_hou/Main.htm
Old 2014-06-13, 16:18   Link #267
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

I just came across an interesting article, it doesn't seem that it was mentioned before.

It seems that Doctor Hifumi actually exists, except he's Czech and his name is Jaroslav Flegr.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-20, 12:19   Link #268
TW25

The mystery is over. The Higurashi Hou about page is up and Hou contains the following:

*Unpublished Hinamizawa Bus Stop script (original work before the creation of the VNs)
*Higurashi Outbreak
*The brand new Higurashi Outbreak ~神姦し編~ (Kamikanshi-hen/God Wickedness Chapter?)

I don't know if that's a proper translation of the chapter's name, so feel free to correct me.

Edit: Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but Hou also seems to collect all previous Higurashi games.

Last edited by TW25; 2014-06-21 at 00:00.
Old 2014-06-20, 15:59   Link #269
fuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by TW25 View Post
The mystery is over. The Higurashi Hou about page is up and Hou contains the following:

*Unpublished Hinamizawa Bus Stop script (original work before the creation of the VNs)
*Higurashi Outbreak
*The brand new Higurashi Outbreak ~神姦し編~ (Kamikanshi-hen/God Wickedness Chapter?)

I don't know if that's a proper translation of the chapter's name, so feel free to correct me.
new anime eps?? i would love that! but they should seriously do an umineko and higurashii crossover
Old 2014-06-21, 05:43   Link #270
SpiritofTheNaiker

Quote:

*Higurashi Outbreak

Edit: Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but Hou also seems to collect all previous Higurashi games.
Including the ones published for Nintendo DS? That would be nice
Old 2014-06-22, 12:06   Link #271
TW25

Regarding the previous games point, this is a 07th Expansion product and so by previous Higurashi games they're referring to "Higurashi no Naku Koro ni", "Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai", and "Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Rei". However, I would wait for someone else to confirm this before getting too excited. The only thing I'm 100% confident in reporting is the inclusion of Hinamizawa Bus Stop, Higurashi Outbreak, and the new Outbreak chapter.

http://07th-expansion.net/higu_hou/introduction.htm
Old 2014-06-23, 14:51   Link #272
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Ryukishi specifically refer to his games, so by no means alchemist chapters at all.
It is basically a master collection of every doujin games of the higurashi franchise, including the other 3 scripts mentioned.
Old 2014-06-24, 11:48   Link #273
TW25

Even though the character introductions will probably be coming soon, here's a translation of Tamura Himenomikoto's bio from all the way back in December. It seemed quite interesting before, but now that we know it's 神姦し編 I guess it makes sense to have a character like this.

Tamura Himenomikoto
Dislikes: Different kinds of clans, nations because of the disturbance of wisdom

The same as Hanyuu, a leader of THINGS that are not human.
On "this earth", an ancient residence in comparison to Hanyuu's people, she once had the experience of competing with Hanyuu...
A cold relationship with Hanyuu, for not less than a hundred years they did not communicate.
Like Hanyuu the girl's circumstances were poor. Mutually, I think they will never want to meet again.
The trouble of the gods... to bring a disaster not of this world, to the world of man...
...This story, once again moves towards tragedy.

Spoiler for Original Japanese:

Last edited by TW25; 2014-06-24 at 12:00.
Old 2014-06-27, 08:49   Link #274
Rias

Now confirmed to be out in Summer Comiket.

I have mixed feelings about this - mainly due to how Umineko tanked and killed off all of the other manga/console game/anime/cds/tie-ins unless it's back at the doujin level. So I don't find it surprising that he's going back to what worked.

However, it's also exactly that reason that makes me worried.
Old 2014-06-27, 13:38   Link #275
TW25

The song for the OP is exactly what I imagined it would be. Very excited about that and the glimpse we caught of another new character.

Quote:
I have mixed feelings about this - mainly due to how Umineko tanked and killed off all of the other manga/console game/anime/cds/tie-ins unless it's back at the doujin level. So I don't find it surprising that he's going back to what worked.

However, it's also exactly that reason that makes me worried.
Higurashi definitely attracted a lot of people that were more interested in the story of the anime than the style of the novels. I remember, after Umineko, Ryuukishi said that his works were never meant to appeal to such a large audience so I don't imagine he'll attempt to do anything of the sort with Hou. It seems very much to be for those who loved his original works and those who never got a chance to purchase a copy.
Old 2014-06-30, 21:09   Link #276
TW25

The formal announcement is now starting to make its way onto various sites. You can check out some screenshots and the cover art here: http://www.toranoana.jp/mailorder/ci...329/index.html

The price is 2500 yen before tax and pre-orders begin July 4. It contains two discs, unsurprisingly, considering how much content there is.
Old 2014-06-30, 21:25   Link #277
fuff

Quote:
The formal announcement is now starting to make its way onto various sites. You can check out some screenshots and the cover art here: http://www.toranoana.jp/mailorder/ci...329/index.html

The price is 2500 yen before tax and pre-orders begin July 4. It contains two discs, unsurprisingly, considering how much content there is.
this seems pretty intresting!! i would love to see an anime about this, im assuming its events that happened after the original story?

is this the only higurashi thing that was gonna be released?? i was hoping for more anime eps or something, but this is still good especially if its events after
Old 2014-07-01, 11:44   Link #278
TW25

No new anime episodes have been announced. The new chapter probably doesn't take place after Saikoroshi-hen, but it probably has the same feeling as "after the main series" as Hanyuu seems to be playing a big role and it's likely we'll learn a lot more about her.
Old 2014-07-03, 14:51   Link #279
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

Preorders have opened on AmiAmi, if anyone's interested.
Old 2014-07-03, 16:44   Link #280
Observer1994

By any chance will there be any translators working on translating it once it's release-like what Spider Lily Translations done for Higanabana no Saku Yoru ni?
Observer1994 is offline   Reply With Quote