AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > sola

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-04-24, 06:04   Link #1
xris
Just call me Ojisan

sola - Requests for new threads

Since the sola forum is limited (only Mods and Admin can create new threads), this thread serves as a way to request a new thread to be created.

Please post here if you wish to request a new sola thread. Please bear in mind that we will only accept reasonable requests, we wish to maintain the focus within the forum and cut down on the noise (so no pointless threads cluttering up the place).

Don't forget that you may still post in existing threads as usual, the only restriction is that you may not create new threads within this particular forum.
Old 2007-04-24, 06:06   Link #2
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Image thread is a must
Old 2007-04-24, 06:12   Link #3
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

- Avatar/signature request thread.

- Voice actors appreciation thread (I'll prepare the first post for it, if needed).

There might be something else that I'd like to ask, but I need to focus it first.
Old 2007-04-24, 06:18   Link #4
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Gimme a chance I'm warning the both of you, I'll make you into Moderators and get you to do the work Haha, revenge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
Voice actors appreciation thread (I'll prepare the first post for it, if needed).
Yes please.
Old 2007-04-24, 06:25   Link #5
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

We normally create threads based on what has worked in the past, so if it is something you've seen before you probably don't need to suggest it immediately...

Perhaps if I post a list of threads we normally plan to make as part of the standard sub-forum template?
(i.e. you don't need to suggest we create the following)
  • Episode * Discussion
  • Merchandise
  • Q & A
Where relevant we've started creating the following also:
  • Music Videos
  • Music Discussion
  • Manga Discussion
  • Edit: Voice Actor Appreciation & Discussion
    Might as well add this here as we've created it in the past too...
(Don't think I've forgotten any of the normal threads...)
Old 2007-04-24, 07:38   Link #6
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
Gimme a chance
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWish View Post
We normally create threads based on what has worked in the past, so if it is something you've seen before you probably don't need to suggest it immediately...
Ah, sorry. I requested the av/sign thread (which I know it's "automatic") just because I was already there to ask for the voice actors thread, since that usually needs a trigger to be created

However, I'm going to put on the next post the introduction for the aforementioned voice actors thread. This way a mod can just move it and the thread will be ready.
Old 2007-04-24, 09:35   Link #7
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Hey, what about Favourite Quotes?
Old 2007-04-24, 11:33   Link #8
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Since Sola is also going to get a game, should it have its own thread? (or will the Merchandise thread suffice for that?)
Old 2007-04-24, 11:38   Link #9
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Sure, make the first post of your suggested thread and I'll move it to a new thread.
Old 2007-05-07, 03:39   Link #10
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Taken from episode 5 discussion thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doraneko View Post
By the way it is a bit weird that there is no dedicated thread for manga discussion in this forum, especially since the serialization in Dengeki Daioh has begun long ago.
Even if as far as I know the manga isn't much far yet, I do agree that a manga discussion thread shall be created. It might be a good place to discuss future manga releases even when the anime series will be over.

Since I'm not confident with the manga, I'll leave up to you (or anyone else who feels like doing it) the creation of an introductory post for it. Just post it here and I'll move it to a new thread.
Old 2007-05-07, 05:59   Link #11
Ascaloth

I also think it is about time a manga discussion thread should be opened.

I currently have three volumes of the Chinese-scanlated versions of the manga, and I will come up with a Chinese-to-English translation log soon, if demand calls for it.
Old 2007-05-08, 10:01   Link #12
Ascaloth

Oh, and where's the music discussion thread? I'm sure Sola has at least one or two pieces worth mentioning in its own thread...
Old 2007-05-08, 10:33   Link #13
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Music Discussion thread created
Old 2007-05-09, 14:33   Link #14
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
i just realised that we are missing one important thread...speculations!

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-05-09, 14:35   Link #15
Areguzanda
Ecchi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
ooh no!!
and I though the "sola (generic discussion thread)" was already flooding with speculations ^^
well. now I'll have to follow the speculation thread too.
it too much. to much I tell you. I'm only human

Old 2007-05-09, 15:20   Link #16
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Nothing against it.. but would it be necessary? In general, I see "speculation threads" as a way to separate different kinds of anime watchers (ie: manga readers/game players vs. first timers) but it doesn't really seem to be the case here. Plus I see the episode discussions' threads covering speculations well enough, not justifying the need of a new thread.
Old 2007-05-09, 16:21   Link #17
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
well i duno what you would call it justifiable and indeed it is true that we can talk about specualtions in the ep threads themselves but i think it would be easier to no over shadow a thread with speculations but to have an area where we can "let loose" ~ then again there doesnt seem to be much discussion going on atm...or probably with this things can kick of for the series?

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-05-09, 20:09   Link #18
Ascaloth

Quote:
well i duno what you would call it justifiable and indeed it is true that we can talk about specualtions in the ep threads themselves but i think it would be easier to no over shadow a thread with speculations but to have an area where we can "let loose" ~ then again there doesnt seem to be much discussion going on atm...or probably with this things can kick of for the series?
I think the Generic Discussion thread serves that purpose well enough.....maybe a renaming?
Old 2007-05-09, 23:31   Link #19
Skane
Anime Snark

Well, as much as I hate to admit it, we're not exactly being "drowned" in speculation. The "core" number of regulars here in this sub-forum is not that big, and our discussions are pretty tight-knit.

Until we get a sudden influx of posters, it is pretty easy to follow the current train of speculation within the Episode Threads and the Generic Discussion thread.

Cheers.
Old 2007-05-10, 00:17   Link #20
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Basically, I concur with what Skane said.

Quote:
well i duno what you would call it justifiable
There isn't such a thing as justifiable and not justifiable actually. As it was mentioned, there isn't a huge number of people discussing here. So, if the episode threads will keep having an average of 5-6 pages per episode I don't see how they could be overwhelmed by speculations in a way they can't be followed. (It was different matter if , say ... they were like 10-12 pages big with only the first ones devoted to actual episode discussion). Besides, episode threads are also made for speculating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
I think the Generic Discussion thread serves that purpose well enough.....maybe a renaming?
The generic discussion thread has always had that name (in any subforum that I know) so I certainly won't be the one breaking the tradition ... that thread will be useful even in the future, when the series will be over, to discuss any incoming news about it, so its name will definitely remain as it is.