AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > sola

Notices

View Poll Results: sola - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 15 23.08%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 22 33.85%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 29.23%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 9.23%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 3.08%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.54%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-26, 17:44   Link #41
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

^ errr... i think you are overreacting on the stab.
You must reconsider the fact that both Aono and matsuri aren't human beings.
therefor, the usual morals we use don't really affect them prettyy much considering their immortality, and how Yorito stabbed Matsuri, you can't consider it as a murder in its litteral meaning.

you are in fact much comparing such situation with reality, while the characters aren't acting as they should be if they were humans.

thus, i can hardly feel much outrageous feeling when Aono "stabbed" matsuri, considering the impact (especially that Matsuri can heal from this kind of futile attack, but she didn't want to)

this isn't justifying anything for what aono did, but you must separate the context here.

and as for the mindraping, this is much like lying to someone who got an amnesia.
would it be wrong to lie to someone who did something wrong, or you was going to do something irreversible?
we sitll don't know why aono did this, and judging her reasons only with her behaviour is kinda superficial to say the least.
Old 2007-05-26, 17:47   Link #42
octoberasian
Baka Gaijin :P
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Well, she did commit suicide after all. But the reason is why I put that there.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2007-05-26, 17:52   Link #43
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
Old 2007-05-26, 17:59   Link #44
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Well, she did commit suicide after all. But the reason is why I put that there.

Spoiler:
there isnt really a difference XD and i vote for her being a shotapedo :3
Quote:
Spoiler:
stabby rip stab stab
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-05-26, 18:50   Link #45
Phantom-Takaya
INTJ
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via MSN to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via Yahoo to Phantom-Takaya
I personally will refrain from judging Aono before I get the entire story. Like what Klashikari said, it feels like there's some missing elements and unanswered questions.

When I watched the episode, she didn't seem as horrible of a person as most people have claimed her to be. She seems lost and misguided, and I could sense a very strong loneliness from her, especially when she talks, which I understand could lead to desperate, though improper, behavior.
Old 2007-05-26, 18:53   Link #46
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

In case of misunderstanding - my post wasn't meant to be "pointy" or anything. It is just the way they sound sometimes when i enter "serious mode"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2007-05-26, 18:55   Link #47
kelvie

Quote:
Spoiler:
This is an example of an internal attribution -- you attribute those actions to something that is is inherent in a person's personal characteristics (such as personality), and create judgements based on that

People from Eastern cultures (especially Japan, so this includes the producers) are far less likely to make this attribution error/bias, so you have to keep that in mind. Their market is viewers in Japan, and they perceive social situations in a slightly different way than we do here.
Old 2007-05-26, 19:18   Link #48
Phantom-Takaya
INTJ
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via MSN to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via Yahoo to Phantom-Takaya
How Skyfall perceives the characters is how he chooses to perceive them. No one has a right to really tell him that his views are not right since in reality, that's his opinion. We all have our own opinions of the characters and the story. They all don't have to match since such opinions belong to us and no one else.
Old 2007-05-26, 20:40   Link #49
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

It is going to be a hoot if Matsuri turns out to be the true villain here, and Takeshi and Aono are the wretched innocents. The way things are going, and the way this series has been, anything can happen at this point.

My only apprehension at this point is the fear of having the truth being more mundane than the speculation. There better be a good reason for not revealing the state of relationship between Aono and Yorito in the flashbacks (especially when you consider that the Japanese language has so many "name/title modifiers").

As Sae would say... "Suspicious!"

Takeshi and Mayuko's role in the overall plot has not been revealed yet either, and when you think about it, this confrontation between Matsuri and Aono is not really that early. It assures me that they are not likely to crank up the pacing into hyper-mode for the last two or so episodes (a major complaint I have in most animes that I have watched).

Oh, and on a side-note, for those who are waiting for [Doremi]'s releases, please take note that they are on vacation at the moment and will not be back until mid-June. So their projects are more or less on hold at the moment, and they make no promises on the possibility of fansubbing episodes from their laptops while they are in Hawaii. So you may want to swap to [Lunar]'s version temporarily until they return.

Cheers.
Old 2007-05-26, 21:51   Link #50
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
there isnt really a difference XD and i vote for her being a shotapedo :3
But I think that a brother complex is more sympathizing than a shotapedo. So if you want to have more sympathy for the character go with the brother complex imo. Of course, if you want controversy mode then go for pure shotapedo.

Of course in Aono's situation, you're right. She's screwed either way imo. Her brother complex automatically makes her shotapedo.

So, now we have a yanderekko who is also shotapedo with a possible brother complex.

Too bad we have to wait one week until ep. 9 to add on more to Aono's profile.
Old 2007-05-26, 22:43   Link #51
Skane
Anime Snark

Talking

Quote:
~
Too bad we have to wait one week until ep. 9 to add on more to Aono's profile.
And to think that the critics considered her to be the most "uninteresting" in the beginning. Maybe we will get some "clumsiness-moe" from her in the flashbacks.

Heh.
Old 2007-05-26, 23:42   Link #52
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
And to think that the critics considered her to be the most "uninteresting" in the beginning. Maybe we will get some "clumsiness-moe" from her in the flashbacks.

Heh.
Nah. When they turned her into a manipulating shotapedo, her moe potential went downhill imo.

She's only become more interesting because she's more violent and attacking everyone's darling Matsuri which was a nice plot twist imo.
Old 2007-05-27, 01:57   Link #53
octoberasian
Baka Gaijin :P
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
As Sae would say... "Suspicious!"
Sae is a rather interesting and cute character in this series. She seems to be fascinated at bearded men and mysterious women that catches her fancy. <_<; The first being Takeshi, the second being Matsuri that she caught a glimpse of on the train. Even the way she speaks is unique.
Old 2007-05-27, 02:08   Link #54
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by octoberasian View Post
Sae is a rather interesting and cute character in this series. She seems to be fascinated at bearded men and mysterious women that catches her fancy. <_<; The first being Takeshi, the second being Matsuri that she caught a glimpse of on the train. Even the way she speaks is unique.
Actually, the way Sae speaks makes me want to plunge her head underwater. I only quoted her because it was relevant to my post.

Cheers.
Old 2007-05-27, 02:34   Link #55
Icerack

Sae is annoying, IMO.
Old 2007-05-27, 02:47   Link #56
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
I love Sae and the way she speaks. She always gets me giggling.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
Old 2007-05-27, 03:36   Link #57
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Sae seems sick IMO >_>

Quote:
Spoiler:
What's with all these spoiler tags. Sheesh..
Spoiler for Reply:
Old 2007-05-27, 04:01   Link #58
orion

Spoiler for Yorito:

But they haven't given us anything substantial about Mayuko yet. We're at ep. 8 and don't really know that much about her.

Spoiler for Mayuko:
Old 2007-05-27, 04:04   Link #59
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
Sae seems sick IMO >_>

What's with all these spoiler tags. Sheesh..
Spoiler for Reply:
Spoiler:
Old 2007-05-27, 04:18   Link #60
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
~
It would also account for that ep. 2 comment by Mayuko, "Was it him?" since the only way for Mayuko to know about a guy related to Matsuri would be if Matsuri had made contact with her 17 years ago and was on friendly terms enough to talk about her past imo.
~
Mayuko made that comment as in, "Was he the target you're after?" Not because she knew him.

Cheers.