AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > High School DxD

Notices

Old 2012-03-24, 06:12   Link #1781
sky black swordman

what are the chances they make the next season like Index and make 24 episodes ?
I like the 12 episodes they all ready did but I and ever one here whats more then 12 or 13 .

And this Issei SOS thing will it have the other girls and who will voice them?
Old 2012-03-24, 07:47   Link #1782
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
what are the chances they make the next season like Index and make 24 episodes ?
I like the 12 episodes they all ready did but I and ever one here whats more then 12 or 13 .

And this Issei SOS thing will it have the other girls and who will voice them?
In general, 13 ep series are good for maintaining quality. Also, it allows the sponsors to get their money back sooner, as it means the show finishes airing faster. It is also less costly to make small batches. Even Sunrise, rich as they are, are starting to divide up their 50 episode shows into two halves now.

24-26 episode shows these days are a big investment. You need to be a big franchise for that. And you also need a competent studio who are known to be able to work that long consistently. It's not easy to get all that.
Old 2012-03-24, 09:32   Link #1783
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
ep12: the hell did I just watch? oh yeah, there's a shounen tag down there...

Overall, as an ecchi/harem show, it failed to impress me. A pity, really, given the arsenal of pretty good chara-designs and potentially awesome characters the series had at its disposal. and... that's pretty much all I can say right now, due to a sudden impairment of thought caused by the latest and final ep.
Strange, those reasons are the exact reason I love this series. There's so much plot stuff and awesome things happening that make the fanservice worthwhile.

I like boobs, but to be honest that's no reason for me to watch an anime series. That's like.. Ikki Tousen. It's boring.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 09:42   Link #1784
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Episode 12

Well how about that eyecatch eh? Rias really wasn't wearing much at all Keep up the sig, EroKing. Gotta show your support for a second season

And uh.... oh right, the fight. Pretty cool, armor and all. Always reminds me of one of my favorite games, Megaman Battle Network 6, ah Beast-Out Megaman had a tail too...

But 10 seconds? I just knew it wouldn't take a real 10 seconds, I was looking at the time elapsed and there was still plenty more to go But oh, right, 10 seconds is really funny if you think about it:
Images
mangatron analyzes how long the fight took
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Ah speaking of which, I just thought it was funny:
Images
you might or might not lol
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Ahem anyways, ah it's over already. And they gave little hints of a second season. Except C3 gave much more than hints, they practically laid it out already for a second season, I wonder if there's an announcement for that...

I'd like it if episode 13 leads in a second season. Maybe that's the plan... That would be nice. Speaking of nice, Koneko kicking in a dress = panchira. Just like how it's supposed to be

Odd end to the ep though, it sort of ended just the way it started. I thought Issei wouldn't still peep at girls since Rias gave him a super fresh kiss...

Now that the series is over.... I hope there's at least a Seitokai Special. There has to be, can't have a special without a Seitokai, Dai Maou proved it can work if you give it more than 2 minutes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
She was hugging Issei because he is so cute. I fail to see the discrepancy between the opening and her behavior in the series.
Here's my beef with that: Akeno's behavior towards Issei in the OP, I don't recall any of that in the series itself. Well I'd complain that we didn't get much Akeno to begin with, but really, I did find it odd she cuddled him in the OP, but didn't get really close to him throughout the entire series.

Eh? Ikkitousen isn't boring. They brought out 4 series of that!
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 09:57   Link #1785
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Strange, those reasons are the exact reason I love this series. There's so much plot stuff and awesome things happening that make the fanservice worthwhile.

I like boobs, but to be honest that's no reason for me to watch an anime series. That's like.. Ikki Tousen. It's boring.
well, I don't think it's all that strange... we just happen to have different tastes, that's all.
what you may consider boring, is what I consider entertaining, or at least worth my time. something I can't say about the final ep of DxD, which I would classify as a "waste of time" at best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Eh? Ikkitousen isn't boring. They brought out 4 series of that!
...not counting the OVAs. Which is something I don't think DxD will ever be able to emulate.

Last edited by Dahak86; 2012-03-24 at 11:46.
Dahak86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 10:25   Link #1786
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

yea give i guess issei can also now got IRON MAN mode http://tenka.seiha.org/images3/dxd12/44.jpg

yea so issei is IRON MAN so make raiser a loki yea sure raiser may got an army but issei got a HULK aka dragon armor mode.

ha ha yep all well got the kiss & get the girl to smile http://tenka.seiha.org/images3/dxd12/92.jpg
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 10:40   Link #1787
dragonroots
Carefree Dragon

Quote:
Here's my beef with that: Akeno's behavior towards Issei in the OP, I don't recall any of that in the series itself. Well I'd complain that we didn't get much Akeno to begin with, but really, I did find it odd she cuddled him in the OP, but didn't get really close to him throughout the entire series
Well, there was that one scene during their training where she said she wanted to wash his back in the bath if all the girls were okay letting him in (which koneko wasn't)
dragonroots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 11:22   Link #1788
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
...not counting the OVAs. Which is something I don't think DxD will ever be able to emulate.
Aha, those OVA's oh budget, where do you go...

Hmm, now I'm kind of worried how the specials will turn out. Since the beach one was....not as full as I hoped it would be, what else can they do to top the fun that was the Seitokai matchup episode

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonroots View Post
Well, there was that one scene during their training where she said she wanted to wash his back in the bath if all the girls were okay letting him in (which koneko wasn't)
Now if she had washed his back, that certainly would have been a good start of her "interest" in him. But I ended up viewing that scene as, she knew she wouldn't get the chance to wash his back, so she was just toying with him, in that slight stealth sadistic way

SPeaking of Akeno, something I forgot to mention in my previous post, was that part at the end of episode 12, when she was using her magic on Issei's hand. What was she doing? I can understand Aisha's healing, but I always thought Akeno was just a powerhouse of magic, who dishes the hurt instead of absorbing it
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 11:26   Link #1789
EroKing

Quote:
If they keep going for 12-13 eps for future seasons LN right now has enough material for 6-7 seasons (even if they keep butchering some of the best dialogues). More of Asia's story, Koneko, Akeno and lots of other characters. They couldn't have shown anything ecchi the last episode, would've been weird. However that's where the special ep and the OVA come in
Old 2012-03-24, 11:32   Link #1790
zzhk
Summary Machine

Quote:
Now if she had washed his back, that certainly would have been a good start of her "interest" in him. But I ended up viewing that scene as, she knew she wouldn't get the chance to wash his back, so she was just toying with him, in that slight stealth sadistic way
Within the context of Season 1, she is just a tease. Just like the OP is a tease.

Quote:
SPeaking of Akeno, something I forgot to mention in my previous post, was that part at the end of episode 12, when she was using her magic on Issei's hand. What was she doing? I can understand Aisha's healing, but I always thought Akeno was just a powerhouse of magic, who dishes the hurt instead of absorbing it
That's actually anime original.
Without spoiling anything, let's just say the real method for dissipating dragon power is far sexier. Akeno's popularity will skyrocket in the next season. I guarantee it.
Leviathan of the Covenant
Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance
zzhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 12:12   Link #1791
bumbayker

Quote:
well, I don't think it's all that strange... we just happen to have different tastes, that's all.
what you consider boring, is what I consider entertaining, or at least worth my time. something I can't say about the final ep of DxD, which I would classify as a "waste of time" at best.
Honestly I don't understand why you consider the last episode as a "waste of time" when it was essentially faithful to the source material. Could you care to elaborate on that since you just say that the episode was essentially wrong and not pointing out how or why exactly you saw it that way.

Quote:
How would you know? HS DxD has just finished its first season. And judging the reaction from viewers of various forums the series has already picked up a lot of positive feedback from its target audience. Besides, HS DxD a different beast altogether and is more similar to Demon King Daimao. Ikki Tousen's theme is more akin to Queen's Blade IMHO.
bumbayker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 12:16   Link #1792
dragonroots
Carefree Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzhk View Post
Within the context of Season 1, she is just a tease. Just like the OP is a tease.

That's actually anime original.
Without spoiling anything, let's just say the real method for dissipating dragon power is far sexier. Akeno's popularity will skyrocket in the next season. I guarantee it.
Well, thing is even though that is anime original, it could be that "method" is used simply to keep the form stable, hard to suppress something so powerful with a weaker level of power (maybe after that "method" is performed they do that to keep it in human form) that's how i look at it anyway.
dragonroots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 12:34   Link #1793
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I still see very little discrepancy between Akeno's behavior during the series and in the opening. During the series she gave me the impression that Issei is pretty "cute" or "adorable" in the same way I think my pet guinea pig is cute and adorable. The glomp during the opening is like me playing with my pet guinea pig. It didn't look like it HAD to be romantic in nature. In contrast to Asia who was semi-jealous-like.

...Now I wish I actually HAD a pet guinea pig.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 12:45   Link #1794
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Here's my beef with that: Akeno's behavior towards Issei in the OP, I don't recall any of that in the series itself. Well I'd complain that we didn't get much Akeno to begin with, but really, I did find it odd she cuddled him in the OP, but didn't get really close to him throughout the entire series.
Well, I don't see why that would be an issue. Maybe it's just there for the OP only, but since the ED does show a bunch of characters that haven't featured in any of the episodes before, one would expect that there are still more developments we haven't seen yet, considering there's still a whole lot more content from the novel to go over.

As a harem show, we should expect that Issei will attract more young women besides Rias and Asia. I don't know... maybe because I've seen enough of the usual formula before that I wouldn't be surprised if it indeed does happen, but I already expect this to happen with Akeno sometime in the future anyway.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 13:08   Link #1795
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbayker View Post
Honestly I don't understand why you consider the last episode as a "waste of time" when it was essentially faithful to the source material. Could you care to elaborate on that since you just say that the episode was essentially wrong and not pointing out how or why exactly you saw it that way.
I never said the episode was "wrong" (which, by itself, doesn't really mean anything) - just that it wasn't my cup of tea. Sorry, but you can't expect me to like shounen stuff like that. "faithful" or not... it's not like there's much to elaborate on.

Quote:
How would you know? HS DxD has just finished its first season.
Of course, I don't know. How would I know?
But I personally don't think DxD will ever get that many seasons. Just a gut feeling. Many much more deserving anime never saw the light of a sequel, so it wouldn't even be the first time it happens... Of course, only time will tell (and will prove me wrong).

Quote:
Besides, HS DxD a different beast altogether and is more similar to Demon King Daimao. Ikki Tousen's theme is more akin to Queen's Blade IMHO.
it's not me who first brought up the Ikkitousen-comparison.
Old 2012-03-24, 14:15   Link #1796
rafael1932
claymores pimp

The problem about shounen is that is always the same recipe. I think that in total of 12 episodes we had 2 episode and half where we didn’t have many jokes( pure shounen). The rest is so dam funny, even if takes a little, there is always a joke in the end.

Quote:
IBut I personally don't think DxD will ever get that many seasons.
I think that a 2 season will come nicely. After that they must put more ecchi and less shounen like the dress breaker or issei pet – very serious subjects that issei mess up in a funny way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzhk View Post
I hope you are aware there exist cultures where multiple wives are accepted, even in the modern world.
Ok but that is not true love. if rias allows another wife then there is no much difference between issei and the fenix dude ( everybody here calls him a bastard)
rafael1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 16:18   Link #1797
bumbayker

Quote:
I never said the episode was "wrong" (which, by itself, doesn't really mean anything) - just that it wasn't my cup of tea. Sorry, but you can't expect me to like shounen stuff like that. "faithful" or not... it's not like there's much to elaborate on.
It doesn't sound like you gave a fair assessment by calling it a "waste of time" without even getting into some detail. You just quickly dismiss the anime simply because it's shounen which honestly has no bearing. HS DxD is shounen from the very beginning and I find it hard to believe you didn't see that immediately. I'm not asking you to like the show or change your opinion, but please don't merely condemn it just because it's not to your taste. It makes me wonder why you even watched the entire season if you detest the shounen genre.

Quote:
Of course, I don't know. How would I know?
But I personally don't think DxD will ever get that many seasons. Just a gut feeling. Many much more deserving anime never saw the light of a sequel, so it wouldn't even be the first time it happens... Of course, only time will tell (and will prove me wrong).
Please don't give assumptions based on your gut feeling because it doesn't make sense. We both know that anime nowadays especially those based from manga or light novels get sequels if it has gained enough popularity and achieved a sufficient sales quota in order to fund it. Let statistics be the judge. And from what I can tell from the anime's popularity is pretty good and the initial BD sales of volume 1 is doing well. If that keeps up that it will determine if the anime deserves more seasons or even higher budget animation in the future.
Old 2012-03-24, 16:43   Link #1798
bumbayker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafael1932 View Post
Ok but that is not true love. if rias allows another wife then there is no much difference between issei and the fenix dude ( everybody here calls him a bastard)
I find that to be a matter of opinion. Just because one loves more than one person romantically it doesn't mean he/she is necessarily being unfaithful as long as the significant other is aware and approves of that behavior. IMHO fidelity is overrated. The norms of modern society has molded us to think that we should only have one wife/husband and we should romantically commit to that person exclusively.

With regards to HS DxD I don't consider Isse to love Rias any less if he were to marry any of the girls in the harem aside from her. He may be a pervert but I don't doubt his love and commitment towards Rias and to the others. The guy just has too much love to give. That's the main difference between he and Raiser. Raiser doesn't really care about his servants except maybe Ravel who is his sister.
Old 2012-03-24, 16:44   Link #1799
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbayker View Post
It makes me wonder why you even watched the entire season if you detest the shounen genre.
long story short, because of the other two aspects of the show: ecchi + harem. which, together, make for a good counterbalance to the shounen aspect, therefore making it more bearable. but even then, I've gotta say I've seen better harems, the same way I've seen better ecchi-anime.

I have no time nor the will to go into full details of why I prefer 'x' anime over 'y' anime; extra-long posts aren't really my thing.

Quote:
Please don't give assumptions based on your gut feeling because it doesn't make sense. We both know that anime nowadays especially those based from manga or light novels get sequels if it has gained enough popularity and achieved a sufficient sales quota in order to fund it. Let statistics be the judge.
I'll let time be the judge. Until I get wind/confirmation of a 2nd season announcement, I'll keep listening to my "gut feeling".
Old 2012-03-24, 16:46   Link #1800
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

High School DxD. Final Thoughts

Isse's fight against Rizer deserves a solid 100%

Geez, the transformations from Scryed and Kamen Rider made him Bad-Ass, and he started to unlock the true potential of the Dragon Booster to enhance not only devil abilities but also....
Spoiler:

And, once again Issei proved to us with both actions and before that, words that he takes to become the Harem King, and why I say that?
Because, he uttered one of the most memorable and impressive quote in the whole series:

Spoiler:

At the end, Isseis' efforts paid off.
Spoiler:

Conclusion
Let's hope there's a second season, since Highschool DxD unexpectedly exceeded my expectations.

I know there are some fans out there expecting a traditional romance-comedy harem of the like full of ecchi jokes in and out everywhere.
Exactly, that's what this show served us during the first two episodes, and it actually reverted back to the silly echiness after it was done with the serious arcs.

I did like the ecchiness, although sometimes I felt with a jumbled array of mixed feelings watching Issei almost getting away with his ecchiness without consequences.

Beginning when Asia got introduced, the show surprised me with its introductions of battle shounen elements and the like, and portraying serious fights first against Reynalle and her Fallen Angels, and much later in the Phoenix Rating game.
Issei was measured to shounen standards when the battles turned very serious, and he delivered us a bang of incredible arm booster with dragon armor for the final match.

There has been no better show to leave a pleasant smile on my face for this finishing season than Highschool DxD was, and I just hope they would be making a second season in the near future.
- First show of the winter 2012 anime season to end.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, ecchi, fantasy, harem, romance, shounen