Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-11-16, 07:13   Link #21
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Jun Fukuyama
I'm no fan of the sport or premise but that's all I need to know. Will be trying the first few episodes at the very least now.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-16, 13:11   Link #22
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
I'm no fan of the sport or premise but that's all I need to know. Will be trying the first few episodes at the very least now.
Thats good because he is only playing a supporting character.
Old 2011-11-16, 21:37   Link #23
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFarGone View Post
Thats good because he is only playing a supporting character.
Aww, had a feeling that would be the case. Oh well, if the show proves to be interesting I could always stick around. At least something got me to start it lol.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-05, 15:34   Link #24
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

Crunchyroll added this, and I think I'll actually watch this.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-new...-winter-season
AbZeroNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-05, 20:20   Link #25
king12354

I actually liked the manga so I'll be looking forward to it. It is telling the story nicely so far and I like the developments between the characters plus the soccer isn't bad.
king12354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 06:32   Link #26
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
This is great news!

Hadn't ready any of the manga since volume ten or such and was thinking about it the other day! Colour me pleasantly surprised!

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 19:59   Link #27
webkid94
*Author

Really good first ep for someone who isn't a big fan of sports anime. I had to rewatch the first part because i was too into the fact that Jun Fukuyama was narrating and his speech sounded like Lelouch a bit lol. Kakeru isn't annoying (not yet anyways), but his voice actor(ress) gave me a scare thinking he'd be annoying as Renton from Eureka Seven. All in all, a good first episode with surprisingly good animation and having Shizuka Itou as a main character is another plus for me.

3.5/5
webkid94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 20:57   Link #28
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Spoiler for ep 1:
Old 2012-01-06, 21:02   Link #29
leokiko

Really good start, i'm guessing this show will do a great job when focusing on SOCCER, not DRAMA. Whenever there was a scene NOT related to soccer, it was embarassing to watch.

Last edited by leokiko; 2012-01-06 at 23:27.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 22:44   Link #30
SonicSpeed

Its kinda obvious... in the 1st episode it tell me that it can't be his older bother because he just come back from whatever reason. It can't be Yuusuke since he was playing video game. Its can't be other people since we don't know them. So it has to be the childhood friend. Because he used to play soccer with her in the past. It was showed in the episode. That's what I'm assuming.
SonicSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 23:03   Link #31
LKK

The height similarity is the most obvious clue as to who the alien must be. Kakeru is shorter than all other male characters we've met, especially his brother. But the alien and he were about the same height. The only other character who's near him in height is Seven/Nana.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous

Last edited by LKK; 2012-01-07 at 10:41.
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-07, 01:11   Link #32
KyriaL
You are Reading this!

Probably some accident involving his left foot happened in the past, which severely traumatized or embarrassed him in a way. Just hope this Kakeru guy won't be a whiny protagonist who keeps dwelling in the past.
KyriaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-07, 01:17   Link #33
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

First impression after reading the synopsis and watching the first episode? At first I thought, "Adachi writes soccer/footbal manga now?" Which is nothing but praise btw.

While too early to say it's my favourite of the season, it's safe to say that this anime is definitely at least one of them.

Oh yeah, absolutely <3 Nana. Been a while since Itou last voiced a childhood friend. which was some girl in Yatterman and before that, the one and only Tama-nee. Glad to see she got a main role nowadays, since she is without a doubt, my favourite seiyuu of what I term, the 'old guard'.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-07, 01:21   Link #34
Jarppa

Nice first ep. I just love sport animes and this looks promising.
Jarppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-07, 02:48   Link #35
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSpeed View Post
Its kinda obvious... in the 1st episode it tell me that it can't be his older bother because he just come back from whatever reason. It can't be Yuusuke since he was playing video game. Its can't be other people since we don't know them. So it has to be the childhood friend. Because he used to play soccer with her in the past. It was showed in the episode. That's what I'm assuming.
Or it could be a real alien. Who likes soccer.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-07, 04:04   Link #36
Johnny
Working the bags...

Was jazzed for this anime, but didn't care for the first episode. They played up the Kakeru clown character a little off the wall for my liking, and wtf was up with those red card gags. Sure Nana retaliates, but didn't care for the Saturday Morning Cartoon antics. It wouldn't surprise me any if they screw-up the important stuff upcoming...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-07, 07:05   Link #37
Arya

Mmm, is this something more like Cross Game or Captain tsubasa? I was usually not interested in sports anime, but after CG I'm putting more attention on them. (I watched Prince of Tennis first ep., too. Not my cup of tea, btw).

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-07, 08:04   Link #38
Kirarakim

I all for a new sports series

The first episode was solid, maybe not amazing but it's definitely got me curious.

I loved hearing Jun Fukuyama as the older brother. I am not sure if I am so keen on Kakeru's voice though.

Nana also seems like a fun character. I like when the girl gets to be good at the sport as well.

edit: And like LKK I assumed the alien was Nana because of the height. Although I could see how it could be his brother too since his brother seems to want to get him to play again.
Old 2012-01-07, 09:36   Link #39
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
Mmm, is this something more like Cross Game or Captain tsubasa? I was usually not interested in sports anime, but after CG I'm putting more attention on them. (I watched Prince of Tennis first ep., too. Not my cup of tea, btw).
Not really similar to any of the above, but if I were to make a comparison, I'd say it's closer to Touch ( by Adachi ) mixed with Whistle!

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-07, 10:37   Link #40
maplehurry

Alien can't be nana because alien got no boobs...
maplehurry is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shounen, sports