AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-02-08, 17:45   Link #2241
WiliamZ0

I rather interested on what gemstone actually represented, what its actual base. Some kind of other phase or what.

But, i far more interested in Imagine Breaker, I think it represent more than just 'blueprint' as what NT9 show

And is magic some kind of 'Phase' which made IB able to negate it or what?
Old 2014-02-08, 18:03   Link #2242
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiliamZ0 View Post
I rather interested on what gemstone actually represented, what its actual base. Some kind of other phase or what.

But, i far more interested in Imagine Breaker, I think it represent more than just 'blueprint' as what NT9 show

And is magic some kind of 'Phase' which made IB able to negate it or what?
Well, the fact that Kamachi italicized this line makes me clearly agree with you:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NT 9
He held out Imagine Breaker.
He thought of its original meaning.
“According to Ollerus, Imagine Breaker is an accumulation of the hopes of all magicians. He said it’s a reference point to return the world to normal after it is twisted by their desires. I don’t know if that’s its true origin, but it can be used like that. You could say this is the other card you could play. It represents the original world. Instead of adding on another layer of paint, you can use this like a palette knife to slowly peel away the previous layers.”
Kamachi has a tendency of italicizing the most important hints to come for readers. (Something I appreciate.)

EDIT:

Speaking of hints: NT 9 has so much speculation material (well this isn't speculation, this is fact gathering...) that it's insane which is why I was excited after reading it.

But let me point out the one that's at the top of my list right now other than Touma's massive character development:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LN 22
“...You,” muttered Kamijou as his lips moved. “I don’t know who you are.”
His words were not especially loud.
And yet they still stabbed into the depths of Fiamma’s ears. His heart uncontrollably went on such high guard that he felt like overlooking a single twitch of a finger or blink of an eye could have a major effect on the outcome of the battle.
“And I don’t know what you’re trying to do.”
Kamijou was not looking at Fiamma of the Right, the possessor of the greatest power even among God’s Right Seat.
Fiamma did not know what he was speaking to.
“But…”
That may have been something only Kamijou Touma could understand.
At any rate, he continued to speak.
“…You stay silent. I’ll take care of this.”
Fiamma heard a damp noise and the next thing he knew, a right arm had already extended from Kamijou Touma’s shoulder. He had eaten away such a massive power and then grown a new part of his body.
(He…threw it away…?)
Fiamma tried to mutter those words, but he realized afterwards that he had not said them out loud.
His throat dried and a feeling like something was clinging there remained.
(He gave up all that power to get Imagine Breaker back…?)
He looked up to the boy’s right arm that he had taken for himself.
Even then, Fiamma had the Imagine Breaker arm inside his body after having disassembled it. However, he could tell the shining power was gradually fading from the flesh and blood he had acquired. It was such a unique power that two of it could not exist within the same world. The scene made Fiamma think that such a rule must exist. And that rule might also have been that the true power could only reside within the right arm if it was attached to the boy known as Kamijou Touma.
He could not allow himself to lose it.
He did not miss the power of Imagine Breaker in and of itself. In fact, he had been planning to eventually eliminate the functionality of the arm he had taken into this body. It did nothing but interfere with the power within Fiamma’s body. However, if the right arm itself continued to rapidly deteriorate, it may continue on to the point of losing its ability to receive Fiamma’s power. That would be a problem for his goal.
“…I’ve finally begun to figure this out,” said Kamijou.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamijou Touma to Fiamma
“The world has never ended,” said Kamijou. “I don’t know about the legends of ancient times, but at the very least, I have never heard any modern stories of the world being on the verge of being destroyed just like in the legends.”
Lol, at the fact that he was pretty wrong here. I bet you he couldn't say that again.

Quote:
He had gotten almost nothing in return. He was aware that it was not enough to make it worth it. If he had been stronger, he may have been able to solve things in a smarter way. If he had been cleverer, he might have been able to obtain more.
But that was why he knew he had obtained something.
If this was foreshadowing NT 9 at that epic moment, that's just evil.

And I'm sure that this was definitely foreshadowing NT 9's ending/NT 10:

Quote:
“You don’t need the key.” Kamijou’s rebuttal came without even a second’s delay. “You can stick wires into the keyhole. You can open up the control panel and mess with the computer cables. You can even shoot at the missile itself just before it launches. Having the key or not only matters for one of many means of resolving it. There is absolutely no reason to stand by and watch the missile launch. …Anyone can fight. As long as you have something you wish to risk your life to protect even if it makes the entire world your enemy, you can fight.”
On the other hand, I want to point out that even though Baggage City and everything else might have side-diversions by Othinus... she might have been lying and the Holistic esper thing that was happening could have been very very important. So I think it is too early to give up on this idea because these holistic espers seem like gemstones in a sense TBH.

Also, when I read this I went what the hell...

It's from NT 4 talking about Othinus's appearance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamachi
As for the character who appeared as a Boss-level opponent and caused the damage, I’ll deliberately abstain from commenting. That’s a twist which’s for the benefit of the development of the series and for those important characters to continue to appear.
Does anyone else seem to be getting the impression from this that he's still adding plot twists to help develop the series, it's only getting started, somehow.

Anyway also in NT 9 we saw where Touma somehow survive for a while after losing the "rest" of his body. I'm not sure if this has to do with IB, but as soon as it seemed like something more was going to be revealed he went back to talking about Othinus's plan, going to her world. It was the same scenario, the same distraction from what was happening/the power.

So I'm a little confused/amused by this. I'm hoping to see more....

Last edited by dniv; 2014-02-08 at 19:55.
Old 2014-02-09, 06:15   Link #2243
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdway View Post
Because those traits are related to stories that involves Athena as protagonist.

I'll try close my eyes upon seeing such an abusive use of the term "protagonist" this time.

Uh? That's not really helpful. I'm asking how magicians are supposed to identify themselves as said "Athena" using those traits. Just like how Thor does with his small Accessories and Mjölnir, for instance.
From which Goddess do you draw power by being a virgin? From Which God/hero's legend do you draw power by having a copy of the Cap of Invisibility?

I mean, some of them are :
-The stuffs you get after being identified as the God (whatever powers she had in legend ... and maybe her personality and intellect as bonus?)
-And/or are traits that's not exclusive to identifying her (Virgin, snakes, cap of invisibility).
-And/or are abstract concept that can't be physically emulated with tangible objects (tactics, Courage, Wisdom etc).
How are you Supposed to identify yourself as Athena with those ? Athena Parthenos-like costume or something?
Old 2014-02-09, 06:38   Link #2244
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post

I'll try close my eyes upon seeing such an abusive use of the term "protagonist" this time.

Uh? That's not really helpful. I'm asking how magicians are supposed to identify themselves as said "Athena" using those traits. Just like how Thor does with his small Accessories and Mjölnir, for instance.
From which Goddess do you draw power by being a virgin? From Which God/hero's legend do you draw power by having a copy of the Cap of Invisibility?

-The stuffs you get after being identified as the God (whatever powers she had in legend ... and maybe her personality and intellect as bonus?)
-And/or are traits that's not exclusive to identifying her (Virgin, snakes, cap of invisibility).
-And/or are abstract concept that can't be physically emulated with tangible objects (tactics, Courage, Wisdom etc).
How are you Supposed to identify yourself as Athena with those ? Athena Parthenos-like costume or something?
couldn't agree more. Basically, the Greek myth never actually portrait any specific ability. Let's take a simple example : in Norse or Hindu, the gods does demonstrated their ability that's restricted to themselves, but in case of Greeks, Hades can also pull of invisibility( the cap belong to him), snakes ?? how about medusa and gorgon sisters ?? Virgin, Artemis is the same ??
the true identification in Greek myth only began when the ages of heroes arrived, it is Heracles who perform 12 feats, it is Perseus who kill Medusa but the gods .... i'm not so sure.
Old 2014-02-09, 06:51   Link #2245
furaiz
Reason is Omniscient
*Author

Quote:

One definite item belonging to Athena :

A shield with Medusa's head mounted on the surface - can turn people to stone even in death.

This shield was simply referred to as Aegis, and was made from the hide of a goat called Amaltheia.

Of course, what the shield was made from has varying accounts, but Athena definitely has a shield with Medusa's head attached to it : which is where we get her relation to snakes from.

The shield was given to her by Zeus, but the head was attached when the shield was already in her possession.

If you consider the story of Perseus and Medusa, you can identify traits of Athena from that.

And that is the only... plausible identifying item you could get for Athena. She had various other items, but they can't truly be distinguished from other possible gods.

As you can see, the greek gods are exceedingly difficult to work with in this fashion.

A Gorgoneion would be the only way to represent Medusa's head. And yes, I am aware that many other beings wore a Gorgoneion, but only one was affixed to a shield.

Also, the Cap of Invisibility belongs to Hades, and is known in the actual stories as the Cap of Darkness, which bestows invisibility when worn.
Old 2014-02-09, 17:08   Link #2246
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:

The thing is that there are so many conflicting legends about the Gods that you could really just pick what you want as long as they end up being consistent with each other.

They have a lot of different defining characteristics, and there are Roman and Greek sides to them.

Regardless, I'd like to point out that if Touma somehow ensnares Aphrodite, he's doomed for life.

Edit:

Funnily enough, I never considered this before. But, how did Aleister know what Fiamma said to Touma in that battle... How did he know that stuff at all...? Was it because one of the Misaka clones had been relatively nearby to the disaster scene at the time, or was there some other reason?

I never really considered this, but I doubt Aleister can see everything happening around the world 100% of the time... or can he?

Last edited by dniv; 2014-02-09 at 17:23.
Old 2014-02-09, 23:13   Link #2247
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
I never really considered this, but I doubt Aleister can see everything happening around the world 100% of the time... or can he?
We just saw a living god change the universe Just saying. Aleister is the big boss of the science side, has connections with an extradimensional being, has a weapon that cannot be defended against because it doesn't actually exist, already monitors all of AC with nanomachines and can apparently exist in multiple places at the same time, so yeah, I'm pretty sure he can.
Old 2014-02-10, 00:10   Link #2248
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
We just saw a living god change the universe Just saying. Aleister is the big boss of the science side, has connections with an extradimensional being, has a weapon that cannot be defended against because it doesn't actually exist, already monitors all of AC with nanomachines and can apparently exist in multiple places at the same time, so yeah, I'm pretty sure he can.
Not to mention that Fiamma location was revealed at the time of the fight, leave aside nanomachine, a fast helicopter is more than enough to reach their place.
Old 2014-02-10, 01:23   Link #2249
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
Not to mention that Fiamma location was revealed at the time of the fight, leave aside nanomachine, a fast helicopter is more than enough to reach their place.
Oh yeah... But that doesn't answer how he heard their conversation... You wouldn't be able to see it from satellite. You also wouldn't be able to see it/hear it unless you were up close somehow or had remote listening access.

Quote:
I'm not really sure. In AC, he owns it so having something like the Underline is possible. I get if he can use the Misaka Network to somehow collect information within some radius of a Sister if he uses AIM somehow, but otherwise I don't see what he could have done.

He didn't set off the probes until the second he appeared, he had to appear in person to do something, and so he wasn't there until he appeared to fight Fiamma, and unless he had some very unique method of information gathering that didn't let him do anything to Fiamma at the same time remotely, it wouldn't make sense. This is why I can only think of the Misaka Network or some property of Imagine Breaker.

This means that there was something he couldn't do without being there in person. His powers are obviously limited for that reason. He can't do things from afar. I don't think how he found this out has been revealed yet. I don't think he's omnipotent yet... he's probably close, but Aiwass says he's not even close yet...

Also, Aleister can't be aware of absolutely everything that's happening. Otherwise, he wouldn't be able to lose. Same went for Othinus. She wasn't aware of Will-tan and so she was defeated.
Old 2014-02-10, 01:40   Link #2250
WiliamZ0

How long it take until NT 10 appeared, my mind can't take it anymore ... Huaaa

Speaking of which, when I started reading TAMnI LN on Vol 16 ... I note something about Greek myth there and now in NT 9 we also shown some and Movie give us some of Greek Myth too. So we might see Greek after Germlin Arc over
Old 2014-02-10, 05:53   Link #2251
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
How long it take until NT 10 appeared, my mind can't take it anymore ... Huaaa
Conservative estimate is every four months, so probably May?

Quote:
Speaking of which, when I started reading TAMnI LN on Vol 16 ... I note something about Greek myth there and now in NT 9 we also shown some and Movie give us some of Greek Myth too. So we might see Greek after Germlin Arc over
Kamachi had already mentioned in an interview that he wants to try Greek Myths next. Now to what extent is his 'try', who knows?
Old 2014-02-10, 07:27   Link #2252
Draco Spirit

So... anyone willing to bet that at some point Touma will chased by a minotaur while screaming misfortune?
Old 2014-02-10, 10:41   Link #2253
Trung-t-rung

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draco Spirit View Post
So... anyone willing to bet that at some point Touma will chased by a minotaur while screaming misfortune?
Or having yandere goddess, girlfriends out for his blood (and his big T).
Old 2014-02-10, 11:12   Link #2254
Ernietheracefan

And an enemy who have the Hades helmet.
Or Perseus Raildex version.
Old 2014-02-10, 11:19   Link #2255
Rexzaros

I hope that that all the gods turns out to be girls...
Something like Oda Nobuna no Yabou...
Seeing that Odin/Othinus is a girl...

And for some reason, I have a feeling that this will happen:
-Touma and Othinus vs. the world = NT10
-It returns to normal = NT10 end
-When everything is in peace and whatnot... = still NT10 end
-A beam of light or something hits Touma and Othinus = still NT10 end
-Touma and Othinus disappear = still NT10 end
-When Touma and Othinus opens their eyes = still NT10 end
-"Hello there." Winks Hades(girl) = to be continued...
Old 2014-02-10, 13:35   Link #2256
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexzaros View Post
I hope that that all the gods turns out to be girls...
Something like Oda Nobuna no Yabou...
Seeing that Odin/Othinus is a girl...

And for some reason, I have a feeling that this will happen:
-Touma and Othinus vs. the world = NT10
-It returns to normal = NT10 end
-When everything is in peace and whatnot... = still NT10 end
-A beam of light or something hits Touma and Othinus = still NT10 end
-Touma and Othinus disappear = still NT10 end
-When Touma and Othinus opens their eyes = still NT10 end
-"Hello there." Winks Hades(girl) = to be continued...
I wouldn't mind, but I'm sure there would be people who would mind, so he likely won't do it. He doesn't want to get accused of just giving Touma a larger harem. Though it would be funny if he has a female god that we think is going to be part of his harem and then she actually turns out to be a male God who then proceeds to try to destroy him.
Old 2014-02-10, 18:50   Link #2257
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Though it would be funny if he has a female god that we think is going to be part of his harem and then she actually turns out to be a male God who then proceeds to try to destroy him.
Eh, I'd prefer it if Thor trolls Touma again, but this time using a different girl's appearance
Old 2014-02-10, 19:20   Link #2258
Birdway
Banned

Speculation:

Lot of awesome shit on vol.10.

Near the end.

Touma gets full of confidence and someone betrays him and Othinus:

1. Index.
2. Tsuchimikado.
3. Both of the above, under Laura's command btw.
Old 2014-02-10, 21:28   Link #2259
LG-MAX

well, if this is really the last volume of the NT, a "holy shit "is mandatory, bet on the meeting between Touma and Aleister, it would be ............I really can not find a word to describe something like that.
Old 2014-02-10, 21:46   Link #2260
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX View Post
well, if this is really the last volume of the NT, a "holy shit "is mandatory, bet on the meeting between Touma and Aleister, it would be ............I really can not find a word to describe something like that.
I'd rather he meets Laura somehow, pretty sure he would have a couple of words for the woman.
Closed Thread

Tags
novel predictions