Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2012-09-08, 17:58   Link #3961
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
Zero or Stay night ... I think it would be best to watch Stay Night before Zero, but for a reason different than what is mentioned here (I honestly think that reading (as in, Fate Zero novel -> Fate/Stay Night VN) it chronologically is for the best). I think it's best to save Zero for later because it is the more modern release, so watching before Stay Night is bound to cause some shock since the production is simply incomparable to an anime that was made 6-7 years ago. The transition will be much smother if you watch it according to the release date as opposed to the chronological order.
nothing to do with Age, Deen eith just plain suck or the production committee was too cheap.
Old 2012-09-08, 19:04   Link #3962
mAc Chaos
King of Heroes

I thought the anime was fine. It's what got me into the series, and it's a good first step. I mean, obviously it leaves out the other remaining 2/3 and such, but it's like watching the first movie in a trilogy.

However, if you want to just go all in and read the VN that's fine too.
mAc Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 20:27   Link #3963
Ragna92

Anime was good as an introudction to the series but shit compared to the VN. And the anime doesn't work out as the sequel to the Fate Zero anime. So many people who watched the FSN anime were confused when watching Zero and some complained that Zero doesn't connect with FSN and that's because they watched only the FSN anime.
Ragna92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 20:41   Link #3964
mAc Chaos
King of Heroes

Well, it's more like, the Fate route in the VN doesn't connect to Fate/Zero either if you just read that. It's only the first part of the story; the tip of the iceberg.
Old 2012-09-08, 21:02   Link #3965
Vladrave
The Dark Slayer

The Anime also introduced me to the entire fate series. I then go read and marathon the Visual novels and i did realized how crap the anime and the movie, Unlimited blade works compared to the VN. The anime was not that bad but just average.

Oh, and as you guys know that the Fate route is the main route. Maybe ufotable should remake Fate/Stay night to fill the plot holes in Fate/Zero
Vladrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 01:03   Link #3966
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

Fate route is not the main route. There is no main route in F/SN.
Old 2012-09-09, 01:19   Link #3967
mAc Chaos
King of Heroes

More like the world building route. The one that the other two rely on.
Old 2012-09-09, 03:25   Link #3968
Vladrave
The Dark Slayer

Is that so?
Maybe i just want to believe that that fate route is the main route.
Old 2012-09-09, 10:30   Link #3969
Ragna92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladrave View Post
Is that so?
Maybe i just want to believe that that fate route is the main route.
Awaken from your dreams Vladrave.

Some people need to realize that not every VN has 1 main story or main route. It's mostly the Key games that are like that.

But yeah I thought HF was like the main route when I first played the VN because of how much longer it was than the other 2 and it explained a lot more. And the main antagonist Kotomine had an important role in it.
Ragna92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 16:05   Link #3970
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I think Heaven's Feel is the main and most important because it contrasts Zero. How? The idea of what a hero of justice is.

In conclusion, we need a Heaven Feel's anime by ufotable.
Old 2012-09-09, 16:21   Link #3971
Flinch
Onii-chan~

Send a message via AIM to Flinch Send a message via MSN to Flinch
Personally, I found Fate/Zero's anime adaptation to be painful when put next to the novel. The first half was pretty good, but the second half of the anime was too rushed, they skipped key points, and they absolutely botched the last two episodes in ways I didn't think was possible. Simple verdict; read the novels, and don't watch the anime. Same is true when it comes to the F/SN. The anime did what it could to combine all 3 routes. It didn't do the best job, but it could've done a lot worse. The UBW movie, like F/Z, skipped critical points in the plot.

Those of you who know me will know that I still demand my Ilya route
Spoiler for Spoilers about Archer:

Last edited by White Manju Bun; 2012-09-10 at 08:13.
Flinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 16:31   Link #3972
Vladrave
The Dark Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragna92 View Post
Awaken from your dreams Vladrave.

Some people need to realize that not every VN has 1 main story or main route. It's mostly the Key games that are like that.

But yeah I thought HF was like the main route when I first played the VN because of how much longer it was than the other 2 and it explained a lot more. And the main antagonist Kotomine had an important role in it.
Never finished heaven's feel route because my computer got reformat.
I just probably thought that it is the main route because it is the first route and.............my personal favorite route.

Honestly, i would prefer a F/SN remake by mixing the three routes but of course, that would be damn hard and probably won't happen.
I'm fine with a heaven's feel route anime as i have not finished it.
Old 2012-09-09, 16:46   Link #3973
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flinch View Post
Personally, I found Fate/Zero's anime adaptation to be painful when put next to the novel. The first half was pretty good, but the second half of the anime was too rushed, they skipped key points, and they absolutely botched the last two episodes in ways I didn't think was possible. Simple verdict; read the novels, and don't watch the anime. Same is true when it comes to the F/SN. The anime did what it could to combine all 3 routes. It didn't do the best job, but it could've done a lot worse. The UBW movie, like F/Z, skipped critical points in the plot.

Those of you who know me will know that I still demand my Ilya route (which was supposed to go into detail of how Shirou became Archer, stemming from the death of most of those he cared about, Ilya being the straw that broke the camel's back.)
Keep in mind that they cut scenes and will release them with the bluray (just like the first season).

As for the changes, as much I don't like some of them, Gen Urobuchi seemed to be the one re-writing lines and approving them. You can tell by that last scene with Kariya, that was closer to his idea before Nasu had to restrain him.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 21:33   Link #3974
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
nothing to do with Age, Deen eith just plain suck or the production committee was too cheap.
Not really, I mean compare it with the movie even and you can see that there is a clear difference in the quality.
Sure, they probably had more money to spend there, but the techniques and tools for animating had improved and came a long way since the first anime.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I think Heaven's Feel is the main and most important because it contrasts Zero. How? The idea of what a hero of justice is.
Doesn't all routes address this to some point? UBW and HF moreso than Fate, but it is always there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flinch View Post
Those of you who know me will know that I still demand my Ilya route
Ilya needs no route, since everyone already loves her!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
Gen Urobuchi seemed to be the one re-writing lines and approving them.
Urobuchi had constantly denied any involvement with the writing of the anime adaptation of Zero since day one. He might have supervised some of the changes, but in the end it was never in his hand what was changed. In fact, the Fate/Zero anime had no script writers credited anywhere since the announcement of the staff to the end of the final episode.
Old 2012-09-10, 10:20   Link #3975
maximilianjenus
[E]

the fate zero anime is severely overrated, plot wise it failed as an adaptation about as much as deen's series did, but visually it is better than deen's.

But, it's not like any adaptation is a particularly bad vn adaptation, if anything they are on the good side of the balance; personally I would reccomend to just watch them unless you are already a novel reader, in which case it's better to go for the novels. Also, if youa re short on time, it's better to spend the smaller amount of time watching the tv series so you can decide if you like or not the concept instead of spending much longer reading the novels that you might not even like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_alfa View Post
If you want to start following the Fate series I recommend reading the Fate/Stay Night visual novel rather than watching the anime adaption. The anime isn't very good good compared to the VN, it leaves out many things which are important to the story.
yeah, like shirou boiling eggs.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 16:52   Link #3976
Student no.0
Part-time Warrior

Location: First star to the left, you should go there sometime.
So say that ufotable did animate this Heaven's Feel route. Do you guys think that it would still make sense for the anime-only viewers or anyone else who still has yet to play the VN to understand what's going on?
Student no.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 17:59   Link #3977
mAc Chaos
King of Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mare Boy View Post
So say that ufotable did animate this Heaven's Feel route. Do you guys think that it would still make sense for the anime-only viewers or anyone else who still has yet to play the VN to understand what's going on?
That's what I meant by it needs the build up from Fate.
Old 2012-09-10, 20:29   Link #3978
Archer

Quote:
Urobuchi had constantly denied any involvement with the writing of the anime adaptation of Zero since day one. He might have supervised some of the changes, but in the end it was never in his hand what was changed. In fact, the Fate/Zero anime had no script writers credited anywhere since the announcement of the staff to the end of the final episode.
All of Fate/Zero's scenario was done via committee, and Urobuchi was present in every meeting. The Fate/Zero animation material explicitly states that Urobuchi's suggestions were the ones that deviated the most from the original novel, and that he played a significant part in how the anime scenario turned out.
Archer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 22:25   Link #3979
Thess

Quote:
Where did you get this information? The interview that comes with the Fate/Zero first volume is completely different. They even asked him to rework lines in a "cool, Urobuchi way." He was completely involved with the scenario writing and supervision.

Don't know about Nasu or Takeuchi. They were asked things like the layout of Fuyuki.

Quote:
Doesn't all routes address this to some point? UBW and HF moreso than Fate, but it is always there.
HF puts a stronger emphasis on Kiritsugu (all the truth about him is out, and Shirou has an actual choice to become like him) and on Kotomine which has more connection to Zero than UBW which... doesn't. Furthermore, ufotable always uses the four children as a promotional material of "let's continue next generation" (which, admittedly, can be fanservice, but food for thought). The only route where the four of them play a real role is HF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer View Post
All of Fate/Zero's scenario was done via committee, and Urobuchi was present in every meeting. The Fate/Zero animation material explicitly states that Urobuchi's suggestions were the ones that deviated the most from the original novel, and that he played a significant part in how the anime scenario turned out.
Did they? I haven't gotten my copy of that book yet. That's interesting.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-11, 01:37   Link #3980
Flinch
Onii-chan~

Send a message via AIM to Flinch Send a message via MSN to Flinch
Eh, I'll state this now; 3/4 had roles in 2 routes, and 1/4 was utterly useless outside of her own. To me, that's an unneeded character. She also comes off poorly as a DID (Damsel In Distress) as most are at least trying to change their situation, while she literally does nothing.