AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-02-25, 08:54   Link #21
DieH@rd

Well, as expected from GONZO it looks great! Let's hope that sory will be good also.

I'll definetley keep an eye on this anime.
DieH@rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-30, 02:36   Link #22
Jiyuu

Send a message via MSN to Jiyuu
new trailer from TAF
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bY3WHPiLgPE
the normal animation looks really good with a nice amount of details, about the CGI I'm not entirely sure, at some points it looks really good and in others it looks kinda plain so i guess the only way to really tell will be to watch it :P

also the bg song is pretty good.. I wonder if its the op or just an insert
Jiyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-30, 03:52   Link #23
Alohomora
Dream Catcher ^_^

From what I can hear, this is the OP theme "デタラメな残像 (Detarame na Zanzou)", sung by GRANRODEO (the band of seiyuu Kisho Taniyama ^^).

And yes, it looks pretty good! ^.^

For some reason I can't wait 'till 5th
Alohomora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-30, 03:56   Link #24
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

I've been keeping an eye for this one, but Gonzo has greatly disappointed me recently. Even Rosario could have failed if not for the assistance from Gainax.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-30, 11:15   Link #25
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Nice trailer. Can't wait for the 5th too.
Old 2008-04-05, 11:40   Link #26
orion

For those waiting for Blassreiter, we have a broadcast schedule from BOST TV here.
Old 2008-04-05, 12:33   Link #27
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Blassreiter, episode 01
Spoiler for 2chan thread for Blassreiter ep01:
Rules:
- Do NOT spread the 2chan link.
- If you want to quote my post, then please ERASE THE URL.
- If you want to (re)post screenshots from 2chan, then reload them on Imageshack and kindly supply the new links. In other words, do NOT hotlink. When the short-lived 2chan threads get junked along with their contents (meaning: the screenshots), the broken urls lead the user to a pageful of adult advertisements, a type of content that goes against Animesuki's policy on inappropriate material.

I'll erase the URL in a few hours (at least until the first raw appears you-know-where) so, if you want to visit the page later on, save my link somewhere (in your bookmarks, whatever) while it's still up.

SECOND EDIT:
It's up, folks:
- http://www.crunchyroll.com/media-318...o-Despair.html

And so, say goodbye to the 2chan link, we won't need it anymore.

Last edited by Renegade334; 2008-04-05 at 14:08. Reason: Crunchyroll url added. 2chan link removed.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-05, 14:45   Link #28
v1cious

this was unbelievably awful. i'm liking Druaga so far, but this pilot had "LOL GONZO" written all over it. not only does the plot suck, but the cg looks like something out of a freaking ps2 game.
v1cious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-05, 14:58   Link #29
Kaijin
かいじん

The story wasn't awful, it has potential. The animation was good, but as usual the CGI was bad, bad like Dragonauts bad. I'll watch a few more to see where this is going cause you never know with Gonzo at the helm.
Old 2008-04-05, 15:04   Link #30
BluWacky
尻の竜

Well that was... well, bad, but mainly just terminally uninteresting.

Whilst I didn't like Druaga, I can see why other people would do so - it just wasn't my sort of series. Blassreiter, on the other hand, just doesn't really have anything of any particular interest to anyone - oh, except boobs with nipples for about two seconds, which I'm sure will get someone watching.

The CG is really very good indeed, but I wish Gonzo had gone the "whole hog" and made everything CG, rather than using some of the most boring, under-funded animation in the world ever for everything else. There's a bit where someone kicks over a chair with a whopping 3 frames of animation that made me die a little on the inside, but at least that WAS animated beyond lip flapping.

On the plot side... I laughed when Gerd started laughing. What a ridiculous, ill-conceived first episode, with zero character development (save OH NOES MAI LEGZ DON'T WORK, which was totally gratuitous and insulting to all the people who rebuild their lives after accidents like that) and no proper narrative drive - everything happened because it had to in order to get Gerd all CG-ed up. Who would believe a doctor they've never met that crept up on them and told them that what looked like an aspirin would make you able to walk again?

Ugh. LOL GONZO indeed. Even the CG Itano circus can't save this one - Macross Frontier does it better two days earlier in the week.
BluWacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-05, 15:20   Link #31
cyth
Banned

I like what I see, actually. It's one of those anime with style over substance. The action was entertaining, once the CG models went into fast-motion fights it became more pleasant to watch. Plot setting is what I find very cliché, character designs are kind of bland. We'll see how they take this further, I'm definitely watching, but I can imagine it's going to take a lot of appreciation to enjoy this. Nitro+ simply kicks ass in my book.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-05, 15:24   Link #32
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

That female doctor has a big boobs << proof that Gonzo never change their trademark in every anime that they made.
margafred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-05, 16:13   Link #33
Teletha

Quote:
everything happened because it had to in order to get Gerd all CG-ed up
Basically, it would have been better if they gave him the pill to save his life instead of randomly having someone give it to him and him taking it. I didn't think it was too bad. I liked it. Beyond cheesy and makes no sense, but still pretty fun to watch. The CGI was much better then Dragonaut's first episode, even if if was still pretty ugly.
Teletha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-05, 16:23   Link #34
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
the 3d was horrible.
i have rarely seen stuff that cheesy in an opening episode, if done right this serie can probly be a contender to be dragonaut's replacement

LoL @ preview of ghostrider's chain.
D a m i e n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-05, 16:38   Link #35
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred View Post
That female doctor has a big boobs << proof that Gonzo never change their trademark in every anime that they made.
Her boobs weren't that big. There are titles with chicks with bigger boobs coming out. She is at least realistic.

I liked what I saw so far. The new Demonaics are due to the drug that the doc is slipping to unsuspecting people. I wonder how low Gerd will descend. He clearly got a rush out of killing in episode 1.
Old 2008-04-05, 16:49   Link #36
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

While the CG at the beginning was the most painful I have ever seen, it was def. more tolerable in the later fights. I'm going to keep watching this; I have a lot of faith in Urobuchi Gen to take the story some interesting places.
Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-05, 16:52   Link #37
orion

If you want to see painful CG, watch Vexille. It will change your whole perspective. I guarantee it.
Old 2008-04-05, 17:12   Link #38
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
Ugh, thanks for the warning, folks. Not that I expected a gem, but now at least I wouldn't waste even these 25 minutes..
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-05, 19:05   Link #39
Nemuru

It was everything I expected from the trailer CGI fights and murderous robot. The action scenes are more violent than I expected, lol at CGI blood it could rival Divergence Eve with all the CGI action. Also I think it’s rather senseless now to complain about the CGI since the trailer gave a very good indication of what the CGI looks like.

Blassreiter doesn’t grab attention like Tower of Druaga but it’s only the first episode so it’s harder to judge where it’s all going considering its 24 episode. I do see potential in the plot with demoniac being a virus infected being. I wish the focus would shift to the other demon rather than Gerd, Gerd stand out as being very bland in a sense and the build up to him becoming a demon alittle too fast pace to absorbed in.

Side note: I’m surprise they decided to draw the Demoniac in the last scene. I suppose the show would be better off without the excessive CGI usuage.
Nemuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-05, 19:30   Link #40
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
Except that GONZO has so many series with no abundance of big boobs...

Personally I am not too bothered by CGI graphics and hardly ever notice the infamous bad/low budget animation people are so fond of mentioning when they talk about just about any GONZO anime, so I will keep watching this. The first episode didn't have much of a plot but I liked the opening scene and the fights were not too bad. The overall cheesiness is rather annoying, though, I hoep the series won't be too serious, or if it is it won't be so cliched.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, bost tv, gonzo, nitroplus, sci-fi