AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-04-18, 13:44   Link #2841
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
That would muddle the whole "IS is the strongest weapon eva" and "Only male pilot" thing the series has. That and people might get pissy when another male shows up since they might want more attention on the existing females.
Well, he is to serve as Riddhe's counterpart (Since they already have the whole Ichika is Banagher deal). And it is a do or die project and he is walking with the prototype mecha
Old 2012-04-19, 00:29   Link #2842
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
The only thing I want is a male Rival who fights on his own terms, aka being paid extensively by a shadow government who wants the balance of power restored to it's old equation. To do so, they give him an prototype mecha suit that can duel 3rd gens without losing. Similar to Cross from Prototype.

However, he buddies up with Ichika who states that they are hypocrites and fights for the common man to prosper in the new IS world and that the real positions of power still belong to old men. The only difference is the younger male generation is lost.
WHy does it have to be a male rival? Just have an aggressive female (for once that does not fall into the harem plan) M, could be said rival, in her IS, is more than a match as explained in volume 6 events. And this could also shed more light upon the Orimura family development in the process.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-19, 01:17   Link #2843
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Because Ichika is in an absolutely "safe" situation, he needs to aspire to standards like Issei who always had to face male competition. Right now Ichika's Harem is more of a threat to his life than the Golems and Phantom Task. It is time to mix things up with a proverbial "Normal" who develop a zeal vs IS and what they stood for which was the destruction of what worth the average male had in itself and reduced to a "docile hedonistic state". He wishes to force Ichika out of the blissful state to achieve the full potential if possible.

Spoiler for Spoilers on Unicorn:
Old 2012-04-19, 07:04   Link #2844
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

A slight change of topic, I need to ask some question regarding canon.

It was said that Silver Gospel was American latest project, and far ahead everyone else. Does this means it was developed inside I.S.A.? Else if it didn't, this means Americans has violated the rules.

And then there's also Fang Quake, explicitly incomplete technology yet used outside I.S.A., does this means in-universe version of USA can screw with international treaty somehow?
Old 2012-04-19, 09:01   Link #2845
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
A slight change of topic, I need to ask some question regarding canon.

It was said that Silver Gospel was American latest project, and far ahead everyone else. Does this means it was developed inside I.S.A.? Else if it didn't, this means Americans has violated the rules.

And then there's also Fang Quake, explicitly incomplete technology yet used outside I.S.A., does this means in-universe version of USA can screw with international treaty somehow?
I am sure that SG was a joint between israel and america, but it was not developed in ISA.

@asaqe: madoka nearly killed ichika if it weren't for Laura, and she also has the ability to fend off said harem without much trouble. Again, if we go with your idea, it would destroy the whole image of IS is the main mecha, and that Ichika is the only male for reasons STILL unknown, this is the development that needs inquiring. From what I can tell, the author should move away from harem antics, focus more on PT and on Tabane's machinations. All of this can be done without inserting another male, which frankly is like a self insert from the fanfiction thread. /shudders

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-19, 20:56   Link #2846
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

^ Yay for the cruel and awful truth.
Old 2012-04-22, 19:25   Link #2847
Yye1
Wide Right

Whats going on with volume 8?

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 19:29   Link #2848
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

^ nothing

No confirmation, now that Izuru has started a new work even.
Old 2012-04-22, 21:28   Link #2849
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
^ nothing

No confirmation, now that Izuru has started a new work even.
wasn't it said that he wasn't fired and that nothing would really be said about volume 8 till May?
Old 2012-04-22, 21:34   Link #2850
Eratas123

I thought it was April?
Old 2012-04-22, 23:47   Link #2851
HasuMasu
*Artist

For now we can assume it's dead since he's working on something else.
Old 2012-04-23, 09:44   Link #2852
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
For now we can assume it's dead since he's working on something else.
Though I rather think that he'll come back.
Old 2012-04-23, 10:12   Link #2853
Valky
Radioactive

Who knows. Maybe if he has enough motivation to continue.
Old 2012-04-29, 22:13   Link #2854
Anonymous_Slider

Location: Together with my family, my samsung champ, and my Lenovo T61
Hello guys! I'm new here. Sorry if my first post is here, cannot find the newcomers introduction(or something along those lines). I just found out this series about half a month ago, and I enjoy it.

Can I ask something? I'm just sorting the timeline here. Chifuyu became an instructor in Germany for a year, right, then how long has she been teaching in IS academy? I'm just thinking that the final plot might be in 3rd Mondo Grosso(if the novels continues *sigh*).

Thank you for the one to answer!

*bows my head 100 times*

P.S.
*sniff* what's that smell? *sniff* waaaaahhhh!!! My rice!!!
Anonymous_Slider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 23:52   Link #2855
Eratas123

I'm guessing she's been a teacher for about 1 year or two.
Old 2012-04-30, 06:29   Link #2856
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous_Slider View Post
*sniff* what's that smell? *sniff* waaaaahhhh!!! My rice!!!
- Rice. You burn rice.

...how do you BURN rice?!? That has got to be the worst rice cooker of all time. In the history of mankind.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 06:30   Link #2857
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
- Rice. You burn rice.

...how do you BURN rice?!? That has got to be the worst rice cooker of all time. In the history of mankind.
Ofcourse you can burn rice, fried rice is cooked on a pan.
Old 2012-04-30, 12:47   Link #2858
Anonymous_Slider

Location: Together with my family, my samsung champ, and my Lenovo T61
I'm using a stove to cook rice, I'm the man in our home that does the housechores(eventhough I also have a part-time work).

@Eratas123: Thank you for answering!

Another question! If it will be 3rd Mondo Grosso, Ichika should be a representative of a country, right, but in the novel it is stated(if I'm right) that Japan is considering in making him a representative candidate, but cannot go to it due to the fact that Tabane got involved in making his IS. How can he join. Another question(sorry for asking too much questions), if he could join in the 3rd Mondo Grosso and if "ever" he won the 1st place, he will be titled a Brunhilde right? I think it will be unbefitting to him, thought of some title? Mine is Siegfried/Sigurd. I want to know your opinion about it. Thank you for the one to answering this introverted chatterbox that always liked to ask questions.
*bows my head 100 times*
"Going to drift to dreamland now, wanted to drift to a dream with my childhood friend together, eating pasta"
Anonymous_Slider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 12:55   Link #2859
Krytonis
Koomi-kun~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous_Slider View Post
I'm using a stove to cook rice, I'm the man in our home that does the housechores(eventhough I also have a part-time work).

@Eratas123: Thank you for answering!

Another question! If it will be 3rd Mondo Grosso, Ichika should be a representative of a country, right, but in the novel it is stated(if I'm right) that Japan is considering in making him a representative candidate, but cannot go to it due to the fact that Tabane got involved in making his IS. How can he join. Another question(sorry for asking too much questions), if he could join in the 3rd Mondo Grosso and if "ever" he won the 1st place, he will be titled a Brunhilde right? I think it will be unbefitting to him, thought of some title? Mine is Siegfried/Sigurd. I want to know your opinion about it. Thank you for the one to answering this introverted chatterbox that always liked to ask questions.
*bows my head 100 times*
"Going to drift to dreamland now, wanted to drift to a dream with my childhood friend together, eating pasta"
I always thought that Ichika's IS was the same one his sister used. Did that mean she couldn't be a representative?
Your Siegfried/Sigurd is very interesting. The name is very unusual yet awesome!
Old 2012-04-30, 15:36   Link #2860
Eratas123

Any person can become a rep for any country so long as they have a personal IS. Nationality isn't a factor considering Tatenashi's at least half Jap and she got offered the Russian rep position. Houki was also asked and she answered she's not sure yet.

Title will most likely be made based on their performance.

Tags
blockhead protagonist, comparison, fanservice, harem, manga rebooted, mecha, not dense mc, seinen, shounen