AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2008-11-11, 21:34   Link #961
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi View Post
It's weird right? My girlfriend eats from really small plates, as if to get across her rationed diet, but then keeps refilling until she's pretty much had a large portion. I think it's more of a self-gratifying measure than anything else.
It doesn't have to do with dieting, in this case. I'd say it's a showing of devotion. She and I are both very committed to each other, and I'd say that the example with the food is her way of sacrificing a bit on her end so that I can be at least a little more content. She doesn't do it for all meals, but generally when she knows that I like something a lot. In hindsight, I suppose that even though I remarked that she does that, I've been doing it with her for a while as well when I know that there's a food that she likes a lot; and especially if she likes it a lot more than I do.
Old 2008-11-11, 23:13   Link #962
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

People in relationships
Old 2008-11-12, 00:05   Link #963
Xvoki

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lycan View Post
People in relationships
Falling in love can be the greatest joy on earth, and falling out of love the worlds greatest disaster. What is love?
Xvoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-12, 00:31   Link #964
whitepearl
Dietrich fan #681675

Send a message via AIM to whitepearl Send a message via MSN to whitepearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xvoki View Post
I hope I'm not the only one who just thought of Haddaway

Twitter
whitepearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-12, 00:59   Link #965
Xvoki

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitepearl View Post
I hope I'm not the only one who just thought of Haddaway

Here's a new link, What is love? Says it all...

Old 2008-11-12, 03:21   Link #966
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
*facepalms*
(knew it)
whitepearl and Xvoki, not forgiving you for getting that song in my head for the day ><;;;;;;;;

@ that article you posted:
Gotta love science for demystifying some of the greatest experiences a human can have to mere chemicals and physical switches within our body.
While I don't digress the facts, they usually end up being worthless when lust has robbed your sense of logic.
Besides love comes in all forms, not just for a bf/gf relationship but parent/child, friendships and siblings too. Somehow i think there's a little bit more than mere chemicals at work, but then i'm more of a emotional fantasist, than a logical realist

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-13, 21:26   Link #967
whitepearl
Dietrich fan #681675

Send a message via AIM to whitepearl Send a message via MSN to whitepearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique View Post
*facepalms*
(knew it)
whitepearl and Xvoki, not forgiving you for getting that song in my head for the day ><;;;;;;;;
If my and Xvoki's referencing to Haddaway helped to brighten your day or—at the very least—given you a smile, then we have done our job of spreading happiness across borders.

BTW, is it bad for a person to burn bridges after attempts to woo other person to be significant other have failed? This may or may not be in reference to me...

Twitter
whitepearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-14, 00:00   Link #968
BOOKGLUTTON
;;'

That depends. If your social life will go about normally, then I'd advise against it...as doing so will make you look like the "hit and run type".

Last edited by BOOKGLUTTON; 2008-11-21 at 14:40.
BOOKGLUTTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-14, 05:46   Link #969
Samari
World's Greatest

Some good news. So as you know this past week for me has been quite bothersome for me regarding the person who I thought I connected with on another level so fast. Until last Sunday that was. It seems like it's been a month since that period. Since afterwards it looked like we had a falling out right up to the moment we left each other without any hug or farewell when we hung out on the weekend. Just a stare and turnaround. She didn't contact me at all like she used to, and I thought she may have had some possible resentfulness towards me. And that theory was further amplified when we had a two second AIM conversation and her responses were quite "cold".

I was told by quite a few to just leave it alone and let her be. But I couldn't focus on my school work or anything and it was really bothering me. I decided I had had enough. Last night I made the decision to call her while I was in the middle of a painting session after hours at one of my school buildings.

I didn't expect her to pick up the phone. Honestly I just wanted to get to the bottom of what was going on between us just as people that associated with one another. The short word for that is "friends". All of this potential relationship stuff I never really was too concerned about that in the first place since well, we had just met and my goal was to get to know her better. I just wanted to make sure we were still friends.

Apparently I again was too paranoid for my own good. She informed me that she had been under a lot of stress lately because she hadn't been doing so well in her classes and that she feels guilty for letting her parents down because she's been a little lazy about her academics. Plus there may be a 40% tuition increase at her school the next semester and she also has to deal with that. And after all that she sounded like the girl I had been talking too all of last week. That charm was still there and things seemed...back to normal so to speak. Call me sensitive but I hate to leave things with a friend on a bad note. She told me that she really doesn't think she could be able to focus on any kind of relationship because she wants to now focus more on her studies. Which I completely respect and smiled with satisfaction when I heard the news. I was happy she mad that decision which actually did seem like something that she was making for herself...not a decision she was making because someone else felt it was right...but because she thought it was the correct one. I'm not her mom, but I do care about her I guess.

Yeah it's not all about me every time. Well we concluded our conversation over the phone on a good note and this time when we said bye it seemed like the mission was solved and the case was closed...figuratively speaking. I'm just glad our friendship is intact. Now I can focus on my own studies as well. Perhaps I'll see her around at SF State when I visit my friends there, perhaps I won't. Maybe it doesn't really matter. I don't know what the future holds, but I at least know it's a much brighter one as far as this situation is concerned.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-15, 20:20   Link #970
kitkit

I just got out of a relationship.. it really sucked i have to break up w/ him. I had no choice, I need a bf that will treat me right... a truly sincere one who really loves me.
kitkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-18, 19:13   Link #971
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

That's gonna be hard to find
Old 2008-11-19, 10:00   Link #972
tehjoker
It's all useless.

Quote:
I need a bf that will treat me right... a truly sincere one who really loves me.
Unattainable dreams are the best kind.
tehjoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-20, 01:49   Link #973
Xvoki

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lycan View Post
That's gonna be hard to find
Why's that? Sincere loving guys do exist... I'm one of them.
Old 2008-11-20, 02:21   Link #974
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xvoki View Post
Why's that? Sincere loving guys do exist... I'm one of them.
*cough*

Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-20, 02:34   Link #975
Guts

Send a message via AIM to Guts Send a message via Yahoo to Guts
Relationships are very time consuming! All the while, you feel, you're spending your life with this person doing something productive.

Humans are a temporal paradox.
Guts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-20, 03:04   Link #976
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
Some good news. So as you know this past week for me has been quite bothersome for me regarding the person ... it's a much brighter one as far as this situation is concerned.
Many karmic points for maturely clarifying the situation in a non-confrontational way
Old 2008-11-20, 20:35   Link #977
poopsicle

Slight girl problem :P

Hi, I met my friend about 3 years ago in high school grade 10. Over time I had fallen for her, I thought it would be a good thing but it caused so much stress and problems for me. She knows I like her but we're still friends and chat normally, but no matter how hard I try to just have casual conversations or bring her somewhere to show her something she would think I'm up to something (like trying to ask her out in a safe spot). With her thinking like that it creates tension, and there's a lot of awkward silence between us sometimes. It got to the point where when I'm seen with her people tease us about it even though we're friends. I don't really blame her for anything, all i wanted was for her to treat me like a regular friend like how I treat her. I was planning to just stop talking to her for the rest of high school, basically like I never knew her. I don't think she would mind because she hates it when people tease her . So what I'm doing is it a good decision?
poopsicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-20, 20:44   Link #978
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Okay... longshot here because frankly I'd had trouble interpreting what you wrote.

1) You have this friend.
2) You wanted to make it a romantic thing, she declined.
3) You'd like to stay friends.
4) People are cruel and won't leave ya'll alone.
5) You think severing contact with her is a good plan to avoid trouble for her.

Its not necessarily a Bad Plan -- but only if you explain clearly to her whats about to happen. That you're going to break contact with her so everyone can get on with life and the teasing might stop.

If you do that, its possible you might find she doesn't necessarily want to do that - but you won't know til you let her know that you're doing this for her sake.
Old 2008-11-20, 21:38   Link #979
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

I think you should explain to her on what you're planning on doing and make sure its the right course of action. If you don't and just stop all contact with her she may take it the wrong way, especially if no contact between the two of you is something she does not want.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-21, 04:40   Link #980
Solafighter
Hige

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guts View Post
Relationships are very time consuming! All the while, you feel, you're spending your life with this person doing something productive.

Humans are a temporal paradox.
You said it, m8.

lol
After i broke up with my girlfrind after 3 years beeing together with her, i couldnt belive, how much time i have since that time.

Tags
advice, break-ups, dating, dating after divorce, divorce, happiness, love, pairings, single dad, single mom