AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-12-01, 06:50   Link #1
VASH THE STAMPEDE

Need a new series to start.

Can anyone here recomened a series i should start. im allready into the live action sailor moon and im buying the first season of full metal panic it just takes too long for each dvd to come out. so i really dont want to start the second season untill im done with the first. Any ideas what i should download. i like pretty much anything thatl hold my interest. action, romance, cutesy anime. i dont care i like em all.
Old 2003-12-01, 06:56   Link #2
Tomomi
chrno fangal

Quote:
Originally Posted by VASH THE STAMPEDE
Can anyone here recomened a series i should start. im allready into the live action sailor moon and im buying the first season of full metal panic it just takes too long for each dvd to come out. so i really dont want to start the second season untill im done with the first. Any ideas what i should download. i like pretty much anything thatl hold my interest. action, romance, cutesy anime. i dont care i like em all.
Looks like you have posted in the wrong forum. This thread should go to the 'Suggestions' forum.

Anyway, you can try:

Chrno Crusade
Get Backers
Full Moon Wo Sagashite
Full Metal Alchemist

Old 2003-12-01, 07:02   Link #3
whatever123

Send a message via MSN to whatever123
if the anime u mentioned were the only ones u've seen i would recommend:
peacemaker (samurai)
Full metal alchemist (sci-fi with action and drama)
sayuki reload if u watched the first series (action)
naruto if u havent seen it (ninja action)
getbackers (fighting action)
shingetsu tsukihime (vampires)
airmaster (fighting, comedy) if u dont mind weird drawing
shadow skill (fighting)
hikaro no go (board games drama)
Old 2003-12-01, 07:03   Link #4
VASH THE STAMPEDE

oh well i ddint know thre was a suggestion spot. iv been downloading stuff from this site for months just never posted on the fourums before. this is like my 3rd post lol. ill try to put all post from here on in there proper place. oh and thanks.
Old 2003-12-01, 07:47   Link #5
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

• Condor Hero - Think of the best Hong Kong martial arts movie that you've ever seen. This is strong on characterization and drama with a few really kick-ass fights thrown in for good measure.
  • Princess Tutu - This is a unique and thoughtful show about fairy tales. It seems sweet and innocent on the outside, but the inside is very dark and rich and deep. Don't let the surface fool you! Note that you have to give this show a few episodes to develop or you might actually think it is simple and uncomplicated, but then the true plot develops...
  • Tenshi na Konamaiki - Some serious gender wierdness, but strangely this isn't a wierd show. This is a romantic comedy whose theme is exploring the underlying differences between men and women. This is fun and romantic and sometimes very insightful. Definetly not a harem show!
  • Human Scramble: Stories about people facing a turning point in their lives. Very realistic and heartwarming. The downside is that only 4 episodes have been subbed so far, but r-b seems serious about getting the rest of the series out in a timely manner. Every episode is self-contained.
  • Detective Academy Q: A really good mystery series with really cool puzzles, good humor and interesting characters. Get the Live-eviL version, I checked them all out before deciding that it's the best. It is in well-seeded 4 episode batches.
  • Piano: Hearwarming story of a teenage girl. There is no real plot, just a slice of her life at an important time in her growing up. Very well done. It consists of just 10 episodes which have all been subbed. Get the batched episodes subbed by Solar.
  • Rumic Theatre: Another anime taking place in the real world. Every episode stands alone with different characters and a different story. It is based upon Rumiko Takahashi's short stories, but doesn't resemble Inu-Yasha at all. If it resembles anything she's done, it is Maison Ikkoku. These stories are funny, but also a bit traumatic, so don't marathon them. Make sure that you spell them out interspersed with other anime. You'll understand why when you watch it.
Every one of these shows is unique and extraudinary. Please enjoy them.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2003-12-01, 20:05   Link #6
Uzumaki626
-=GIF Sennin=-

Send a message via MSN to Uzumaki626
I need help finding a good action anime. I dont want any drama/romance/comedy, just killing action and tons of fighting lol...

Ive already seen and want anime similar to - E's Otherwise, Get Backers, Naruto, DBZ, Ninja Scroll, Berserk, Flame Of Recca, Scrapped Princess, Scryed, Wolf's Rain and Witch Hunter Robin.

Can someone list good Anime similar to the ones above (super powers and fighting and stuff), no meccha please either... So i can download/buy them?

many thanks

edit: oh and I would prefer finished series, unless the newer ones are really good enough to start already.
Old 2007-03-02, 19:41   Link #7
ShounenOnmyoujiiscoo
ShounenOnmyouji22

Smile

Here are some that are good anime to watch

Hunter X Hunter http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.p...=anime&aid=132

Hunter X Hunter OVA http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.p...=anime&aid=173

Hunter X Hunter Greed Island http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.p...=anime&aid=545

Hunter X Hunter GI final http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.p...anime&aid=1427

Watch all of these to get the whole series

Here is a website that has them all

www.crunchyroll.com

Last edited by ShounenOnmyoujiiscoo; 2007-03-02 at 19:57.
Old 2007-03-03, 00:09   Link #8
Joojoobees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uzumaki626 View Post
I need help finding a good action anime. I dont want any drama/romance/comedy, just killing action and tons of fighting lol...

Ive already seen and want anime similar to - E's Otherwise, Get Backers, Naruto, DBZ, Ninja Scroll, Berserk, Flame Of Recca, Scrapped Princess, Scryed, Wolf's Rain and Witch Hunter Robin.
Black Lagoon & Black Lagoon: Second Barrage