AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2010-12-20, 21:58   Link #4321
KrimzonStriker

I was under the impression that Grimoire Law wouldn't cancel out Fairy Law persay, but that understanding the principle if they both released they would destroy each other and their respective sides, much like one person commented about how this was basically Mutually Assured Destruction (MAD) given magical form. So I don't think it differs that much from Fairy Law, since Hades would probably follows the same magical principle as Marakov, being a former Fairy Tail guild master and all.
Old 2010-12-20, 22:11   Link #4322
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
I was under the impression that Grimoire Law wouldn't cancel out Fairy Law persay, but that understanding the principle if they both released they would destroy each other and their respective sides, much like one person commented about how this was basically Mutually Assured Destruction (MAD) given magical form.
My understanding was that the two would violently react with one-another rather than just doing what they were both supposed to.

Quote:
So I don't think it differs that much from Fairy Law, since Hades would probably follows the same magical principle as Marakov, being a former Fairy Tail guild master and all.
So you think Grimoire Law only hits who Hades wants it to?
Old 2010-12-20, 22:54   Link #4323
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
My understanding was that the two would violently react with one-another rather than just doing what they were both supposed to.
It would mean the same result either way though, with both sides likely wiping each other out.

Quote:
So you think Grimoire Law only hits who Hades wants it to?
For the most part yes, if he wasn't a former FT guild master I would have supported the notion that Grimoire Law would have been very different, perhaps there are some slight changes but given the likely basis for the spell I don't imagine it diverts too much from the original, I mean can you improve much on an uber magic as is?
Old 2010-12-20, 22:57   Link #4324
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
It would mean the same result either way though, with both sides likely wiping each other out.
This is true.

Quote:
I mean can you improve much on an uber magic as is?
He probably just changed it. The full-page shot of him charging up the spell showed it with a dark hue.
Old 2010-12-21, 04:58   Link #4325
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
So what kind of magic do you guys think Hades uses?
Leaning towards generic dark magic, although I hope I'm wrong...Mashima was very creative with dark bring powers in RAVE, so it's not like he can think of something.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-24, 12:24   Link #4326
Tiberium Wolf

WTH? Makarov is so freaking old so how old is Hades? In the flash back we have Makarov at age 40 and the master some old dude. He must have gotten some magic against old age.
Old 2010-12-24, 15:26   Link #4327
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

What I want to know is how old is Natsu...
Old 2010-12-24, 15:37   Link #4328
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
What I want to know is how old is Natsu...
Fairy Tail wikia speculates around 20/21, though i wouldn't say he was that old.
Old 2010-12-24, 15:56   Link #4329
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Fairy Tail wikia speculates around 20/21, though i wouldn't say he was that old.
That's only how old he looks I'm afraid.
Old 2010-12-24, 18:01   Link #4330
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
That's only how old he looks I'm afraid.
I don't even think he looks that.
Old 2010-12-25, 00:47   Link #4331
KrimzonStriker

Erza is 20/21, Natsu should be around Grey and Lucy's age then, between 17-19 if that's the case. The whole ? and over 80 barrier rule along with Gazille is extremely confusing, in that he seems to have aged quite normally since coming to Fairy Tail during his childhood. Not to mention Wendy's definitive age at 12...
Old 2010-12-25, 00:47   Link #4332
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Personally I figure Natsu's functionally 18. Gray's 18, and Natsu's generally treated as Gray's equal/rival. He's never treated as though he's younger than Gray. Nor is he ever treated as being the same age, or older than Erza or Mirajane who are 19. Then of course, Luxus is 23 and clearly a few years older than all the others during the flashback to Happy's birth. If Natsu was only a couple years younger than him, he'd have been clearly older than all the rest in the flashback, instead of looking slightly younger than Erza.

So yeah. Physically 18, chronologically it's quite possible we could be adding at least 400 years to that.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-25, 02:13   Link #4333
Knightrunner

Quote:
Erza is 20/21, Natsu should be around Grey and Lucy's age then, between 17-19 if that's the case. The whole ? and over 80 barrier rule along with Gazille is extremely confusing, in that he seems to have aged quite normally since coming to Fairy Tail during his childhood. Not to mention Wendy's definitive age at 12...
I like to believe in the Avatar the Last Airbender theory.
--------------------

I know Erza is definately older than Natsu, but I'm not sure if Gray is older than Natsu either.
Old 2010-12-25, 04:05   Link #4334
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
The whole ? and over 80 barrier rule along with Gazille is extremely confusing, in that he seems to have aged quite normally since coming to Fairy Tail during his childhood.
You know, I've been wondering about that. Do you think it's possible that Fried's barrier was reacting to the Dragon Slayer magic, rather than their physical ages?
Old 2010-12-25, 04:12   Link #4335
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Or it's possible that Natsu and Gajeel were unknowingly left with 'sub-living part' of the Dragons they trained with, which are well over 80 years old.

Like Natsu's colour-changing anti-Zeref scarf.... and maybe Gajeel's piercings?

Would be the most boring twist though, and makes the ??? on Natsu and Gajeel's ages to be nothing more than a red herring.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-25, 05:07   Link #4336
Sprite_Coke

Send a message via AIM to Sprite_Coke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Or it's possible that Natsu and Gajeel were unknowingly left with 'sub-living part' of the Dragons they trained with, which are well over 80 years old.

Like Natsu's colour-changing anti-Zeref scarf.... and maybe Gajeel's piercings?

Would be the most boring twist though, and makes the ??? on Natsu and Gajeel's ages to be nothing more than a red herring.
Whoa. That's still speculation yo.
Old 2010-12-26, 15:24   Link #4337
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
You know, I've been wondering about that. Do you think it's possible that Fried's barrier was reacting to the Dragon Slayer magic, rather than their physical ages?
Pure speculation on my part, but...

Um... I just think that like Zeref, the Dragon Slayers existed 400 years ago and where growing up with the dragons way back then. Then something happened to cause them to pass out, like Zeref did, and on July 7th, 777 all of them awoke from there slumber. They didn't notice the time jump since they weren't raised in society but in the wilderness with the dragons and only found out the date later when they stumbled back into human civilization. So they, like Zeref, are likely as old as they look but due to being in a slumber for 400 years qualified for being older than 80 due to simply existing for 400+ years.

I'm just wondering how Lucy's mom ties into it since she died in 7-7-X777 the same day "the dragons left"... too big of a coincidence for me to think they aren't related.

I suspect Hades somehow released the dragon slayers while obtaining the keys to unlock Zeref... I'm wondering if one of those keys was Layla (Lucy's mother). BTW I can't recall was it Lucy's mother who told Lucy the spirits had feels too... or was that something came to on her own...
Old 2010-12-26, 16:23   Link #4338
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
BTW I can't recall was it Lucy's mother who told Lucy the spirits had feels too... or was that something came to on her own...
I believe it was her mother.
Old 2010-12-26, 16:38   Link #4339
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
I believe it was her mother.
The reason why I was confused was because I recall in ch 144 Gemini who morphed into Lucy recalls Lucy telling her mom she loves stellar spirits. This could imply Layla taught her about spirits and there feelings (think small child repeating what the parents says in order to get them to be happy with them) or that Lucy decided on her own about that and shared it with her mother one day (only to see her mother love what she said thus causing Lucy to take it to heart rather then be a fleeting conversation).
Old 2010-12-26, 18:04   Link #4340
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
my my...poor makarov...got OWNED.

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen