Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Utawarerumono

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-05-01, 16:08   Link #1
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

(Original Series) Future Episodes and Series Predictions [No Spoilers Allowed]

*This thread is for people speculate freely about future events in Utawarerumono. Please do NOT post any spoilers in this thread. This thread is to remain a spoiler free zone and is a thread for conjecture based on aired Episodes. The purpose of this thread is to allow for greater discussion outside of the limitations of the current Episodes threads on a broad range of topics.

- No game talk allowed here at all (not even with the use of Spoiler Tags).
- No links to magazine articles, blogs or any print material that gives away future episode events.

Game talk, spoiler questions and printed spoiler material should go in the Spoiler Q & A / Game Chat thread.

*post to be updated if needed.

Last edited by Catgirls; 2006-05-01 at 16:41.
Old 2006-05-02, 08:01   Link #2
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Arrow Theory #1...

Hehe... finally a place to unleash my stupidity upon the world ...

... there isn't much to analyze or to presume at the moment since the true story has just started... so I'll write a few of my conclusions from the opening/ending and general prediction on character development...

The wheel in the ending...
The first thing that struck me as odd is the wheel in the ending... and on the wheel... there's a bird and 2 demons (?)... the one on the left seems to be a fire demon... and the one on the right a water/wind demon...

Since we have a fire demon in the opening... we can presume that’s the fire demon... and since An-chan weapon is a fan we can presume that he's the water/wind demon... also since An-chan was suffering in the flames it's very unlikely that he is the fire demon...

There is another possibility... it could be that An-chan is neither... I mean unless he was facing a mirror... I doubt he would be able to see his mouth... of course he can see the mouth of his enemy devouring him... it's getting too grouse for me so I'll limit it at that...
The angel in the opening...

I don't know about the last scene were a flash of light engulfs the planet... it's probably just for show... DBZ style just doesn't fit with the characters...

The angel person is probably Eruruu... well I want to think it's Eruruu (...with my luck the angel person might end up a guy ... )... also I think the probability that she's connected to the last flash of light is slim...
The Samurai General...

I think he will end up fighting by Hakuoros side... he's too helpful... that or he's preparing a plot against the emperor...
Giant Fan Girl...

My guess is that she'll just be a naruto type person that really likes Hakuoro... she reminds me of a character from Inuyasha (sp?)... can't remember exactly...

Some gender/type guessing

... uhh... girl... but I'm not sure... well I think she'll classify as samurai because of all the fancy sword movement ... now that I think about it I starting to have doubts weather Hakuoro classifies as a guy...

As for type I think it's bird... the type that people have been referring to as angel...

Defenetly girl... the face sort of got me to think a little...

Anyway what in the world could that chain around her neck be for/from...
Type... ... squirrel...

Lets see... ohh this one's definitely a guy
Type... angel...

N o t e s
Here are some other intresting pics from the op...

Spoiler for opening:

I'll update this post or make a new one on them later... if someone doesn't beet me to them... *damn my time sensitive life*

... could the song mean anything...
Old 2006-05-05, 18:40   Link #3
babuji
Alston De Ventigo

dude, the fancy sword moving samurai is a female. No offence but when she was doing the stun, you can clearly see the outline of her body shape...if you know what I meant.

The angel with the yellow hair is also female.
Old 2006-05-06, 10:40   Link #4
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by babuji
dude, the fancy sword moving samurai is a female. No offence but when she was doing the stun, you can clearly see the outline of her body shape...if you know what I meant.
...well I did say girl... I just wasn't sure... my eyes hurt at that time... that's why I stopped... that and I wanted to see some more episodes before continuing with the theory...

Quote:
Originally Posted by babuji
The angel with the yellow hair is also female.
That's the reason I hadn't bolded the word "guy"... and why I used the :joke: smilie...
Old 2006-05-06, 11:07   Link #5
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackCatXIII
...well I did say girl... I just wasn't sure... my eyes hurt at that time... that's why I stopped...
Your eyes hurt? You stopped looking?

My eyes never hurt or stop looking at sech bijin fox-ladies.....
Old 2006-05-08, 00:12   Link #6
Green²
It's bacon!

Spoiler for From Ep.5 - Tactical error, or something bigger awaiting:
Old 2006-05-08, 02:43   Link #7
Takemi_Ikazuchi

This isn't really a spoiler so..

sword totting doggie ear -> Touka. And yes, a woman

me smash! doggie ear -> Karura. Although I guess the some fansubbers might romanize that as Carla. I think it should be Karura as Utawarerumono is full of gibberish sounding names. The final boss' for instance, is a painful tongue twister.

blonde white wing angel -> Urutori / Urtri

black wing angel over w/ night in the background -> Kamyu.
Old 2006-05-08, 06:51   Link #8
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Exclamation Ep5 posible spoilers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green²
Spoiler for From Ep.5 - Tactical error, or something bigger awaiting:

Even if they flee to the village... it doesn't matter... since the bad guys are after An-chan... not Eruruu... and they probably already know An-chans location... from what I can tell it's the fort from the previous episode...

Spoiler for Image (Ep5 related):
Also I don't think Nuwangi will hurt Eruruu...
Old 2006-05-08, 12:42   Link #9
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takemi_Ikazuchi
sword totting doggie ear -> Touka. And yes, a woman
I'm not sure about doggie ear. Those look more like eagle feathers to me. Yes, it's a strange place to have little eagle winglets but that's what they look more like.
Old 2006-05-08, 15:07   Link #10
Green²
It's bacon!

Quote:

Even if they flee to the village... it doesn't matter... since the bad guys are after An-chan... not Eruruu... and they probably already know An-chans location... from what I can tell it's the fort from the previous episode...

Spoiler for Image (Ep5 related):
Also I don't think Nuwangi will hurt Eruruu...
Spoiler for Ep.5 bad guys:
Old 2006-05-21, 09:14   Link #11
RunningTARGET
Bishoujo sweet!

So there was a thread like this, I cant belive I didnt see it.

Ok from what I was saying in eps 7 thread, Hakuoro could properbly be a scientist.

Quote:
The wheel in the ending...
The first thing that struck me as odd is the wheel in the ending... and on the wheel... there's a bird and 2 demons (?)... the one on the left seems to be a fire demon... and the one on the right a water/wind demon...

Since we have a fire demon in the opening... we can presume that’s the fire demon... and since An-chan weapon is a fan we can presume that he's the water/wind demon... also since An-chan was suffering in the flames it's very unlikely that he is the fire demon...

There is another possibility... it could be that An-chan is neither... I mean unless he was facing a mirror... I doubt he would be able to see his mouth... of course he can see the mouth of his enemy devouring him... it's getting too grouse for me so I'll limit it at that...
Ok from what you said here, Hakuoro could have been injured and angel girl came in the last minute and saved him, maybe.

Here is my take on it. Like I said before Hakuoro could be a scientistis, he is very smart person and just plain intelligent. if he was a scientist his main field would have been biology. If so he could have created a lot of things that are living, maybe clones or the ultimate fighting soldier, like the monsters in the opening.

WARNING! although this is just a speculation of mine it is rather deep and I mean very, If you dont want to get spoiled then i sugest you avoid reading it.

Spoiler for my take on the meaning of the OP and END:

Oh boy I wrote too much.

Last edited by RunningTARGET; 2006-05-21 at 09:25.
Old 2006-05-21, 09:42   Link #12
Alu
Guide my hand...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningTARGET
Oh boy I wrote too much.
You have yet to surpass me

Anyway.., those are some pretty interesting concepts.., and I have to say I agree what most you said.
The fact for this is.., I previously had speculated some similar aspects, mostely regarding the two dragons (The Blue one and the Red one) we see at the end of the Ending Theme..; in fact.., I also belive the entire posts are on the original "Utawarerunomo" thread that was on the 'fansub's' section but then it got moved here.

Anyway.., regarding the dragons.., someone answered there to the supositions that I made, and I have to say.., I wasn't dissapointed
So.., you should check out the last pages there if you want to confirm better your supositions

But all and all, its a very solid based speculation.., I can certanly see alot of similar things as you said happen in the series.
Old 2006-05-21, 09:49   Link #13
Lost

Quote:
So there was a thread like this, I cant belive I didnt see it.

Ok from what I was saying in eps 7 thread, Hakuoro could properbly be a scientist.

Ok from what you said here, Hakuoro could have been injured and angel girl came in the last minute and saved him, maybe.

Here is my take on it. Like I said before Hakuoro could be a scientistis, he is very smart person and just plain intelligent. if he was a scientist his main field would have been biology. If so he could have created a lot of things that are living, maybe clones or the ultimate fighting soldier, like the monsters in the opening.

WARNING! although this is just a speculation of mine it is rather deep and I mean very, If you dont want to get spoiled then i sugest you avoid reading it.

Spoiler for my take on the meaning of the OP and END:

Oh boy I wrote too much.
I like your theory very much, i dig post-apocalyptic but here are my issues with it:

Hakuoro doesnt look anything like a scientist! Techno-general maybe, captain of a space station, politician maybe, but not a scientist. I can't think of a better way to put it, but he just doesnt exude those vibes.

I also dont see why Hakuoro has to have been preserved, or frozen for a long time, i.e. exist a long long time ago. Remember, he has the mutations that make him one of those supposedly mutated, he is one of them.

I haven played the game either.

But to me, this just a straight forward original story set in world that totally has no relation to earth or its technologies (as we know it today). Sure it might be post-apo, they might have had technology in the past, but none of it related to our world. (forgive me if I'm misinterpreting you)

Also, I don't think they were mutated from humans, or that they are related. They just existed as they were, tails, wings and all, for the purpose of the game, and now, anime. Heh. Call me unimaginative. But thats my take.
Old 2006-05-21, 12:17   Link #14
Orchunter226
Is rather bored...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost

But to me, this just a straight forward original story set in world that totally has no relation to earth or its technologies (as we know it today). Sure it might be post-apo, they might have had technology in the past, but none of it related to our world. (forgive me if I'm misinterpreting you)

Also, I don't think they were mutated from humans, or that they are related. They just existed as they were, tails, wings and all, for the purpose of the game, and now, anime. Heh. Call me unimaginative. But thats my take.
I think that Hakuoro is an indication that it is related to Earth. He is clearly Human with no animal aspects about him. I think that this planet was colonized a long time ago by Earth and forgotten about. Hakuoro may have been one of the original colonists and cryogenically frozen.

I think the people were Human once, but either evolved to that, or were test subject by the colonists.

That's my speculation as to where it is.
Old 2006-05-21, 16:04   Link #15
RunningTARGET
Bishoujo sweet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orchunter226
I think that Hakuoro is an indication that it is related to Earth. He is clearly Human with no animal aspects about him. I think that this planet was colonized a long time ago by Earth and forgotten about. Hakuoro may have been one of the original colonists and cryogenically frozen.

I think the people were Human once, but either evolved to that, or were test subject by the colonists.

That's my speculation as to where it is.
Actualy reading your post now kind off enforces the material I writen on aliens and such, and I wasnt being too serious on that one.

It could be that Hakuoro is the alien that came from the planet earth and came to this particular planet, with others of course.

And the dude in the Op that has his face covered could likely know Hakuoro, he also could be human like him.

Damn need to go to go work! I would add to this later.

I was going to add abit more but it seems I cant anymore.

Taken from the main thread:

Alu's small speculation, not necessarily a spoiler...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alu
I have strong suspicions that Hakuoro might be..
Spoiler:
Well I read the coresponding spoiler you quoted and they mentioned you were halfway there, but some of my previous speculation is now void. Knowing this now though has made me speculate on it more. Specially now that I have an Idea on who the other half is. But I cant say it cause its now considered a spoiler. Damn!

Actualy I have an Idea of what the mask is for now. Here is a vid cap fo the start of eps 1
Spoiler for vid cap:
It has a use, It all makes sense now.

Well my speculation on what the bird in the middle means still stands.

Last edited by RunningTARGET; 2006-05-21 at 23:04.
Old 2006-05-22, 05:56   Link #16
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orchunter226
He is clearly Human with no animal aspects about him.
Quote:
It could be that Hakuoro is the alien that came from the planet earth and came to this particular planet, with others of course.

I always had the impression that those hid Ears. Dog ears. Or whatever kind of ears, but ears, and not of the Human kind. I could be wrong tho. But I don't think I am.

I like your colonized theory. But as for being cryogenically frozen (and I'm assuming you're basing it off the picture in the OP below),

That doesnt look like a very technologically savvy (or safe, by medical standards) way of cryopreserving someone. But if you said magically frozen, why not?

Anyhow based on what could be a human ear (see arrow) that may well be a human, and would make my opinion of non-relatedness to humans void.

Quote:
Actualy I have an Idea of what the mask is for now. Here is a vid cap fo the start of eps 1
Spoiler for vid cap:
It has a use, It all makes sense now.

Well my speculation on what the bird in the middle means still stands.
Eh.. what use is that?

So you are saying that the bird in the middle is that powerful angel to wants to prevent the two opposing sides from gaining something? The one who saved Hakuoro?
Old 2006-05-22, 11:17   Link #17
Alu
Guide my hand...

Quote:
So you are saying that the bird in the middle is that powerful angel to wants to prevent the two opposing sides from gaining something? The one who saved Hakuoro?
I had overlooked this aspect.., Its quite possible that the bird in the middle of the 2 dragons at the end of the Ending Theme may resemble the Angel person with the Halo we see at the end of the OP.
I belive even Shinova has her for a avi here..

@Lost :
Those "things" you circled are just plain and simple Horns.., Hakuoro's mask is a "Oni" mask.., most "Oni" masks all have the same aspects, specificaly, those Horns
Old 2006-05-22, 16:00   Link #18
RunningTARGET
Bishoujo sweet!

Quote:
Eh.. what use is that?
As if you couldn't put it together?

Ok to make it nice and simple, The mask could be what reverted him back to his human form, if he was really that deamon at the start. And by the looks of the vid cap he couldnt revert back, hence the mask was used. The mask properbly sealed his powers and stoping him from reverting back.

Actualy from the vid cap you put of the frozen person, I guess it makes them not as technolocaly savvy afterall.
Old 2006-05-24, 01:39   Link #19
Lost

With regard to my previous post; now having found out that Hakuoro does have human-like ears, then I think that its highly possible that person in the ice crystal could be Hakuoro. Which makes ur theories make sense now..

Which then means that there is something behind those mask "protrusions", what Alu alludes to as being horns.. but.. hmm. Dragon horns?

About the mask; so its not going to be a good thing if he takes it off. Reasonable, reasonable..
Old 2006-05-24, 06:38   Link #20
Alu
Guide my hand...

I went to do a small little search as in to try and find more detailed information for Lost regarding the type of mask that Hakuoro uses and I came across this..

Taken from Wiki :
" In the earliest legends, oni were benevolent creatures said to be able to ward off evil and malevolent spirits and to punish evil-doers. Japanese Buddhism incorporated these beliefs by at least the 13th century, calling the creatures aka-oni ("red oni") and ao-oni ("blue oni") and making them the guardians of hell or the torturers of the wicked there. They also came to be recognized as Shinto spirits (or kami). "

It seems to me more and more possible that the parts in which I underlined in bold refer to the 2 dragons we see at the Ending Theme; thus I belive making Hakuoro definitly beeing one of them, as it is all related to the Oni mask he uses.
Closed Thread