AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2009-03-28, 13:46   Link #161
Ryuou
進む道は武士道のみ

Location: Dying to get back to Japan (but currently near Chicago)
Haha, okay. I see what you're getting at.

How does the otaku thinking process work when they get sexually attracted to these characters then? As I've seen from some comments it happens. When they get down to it they're in for a world of surprise. Or are certain “parts” just ignored?
Ryuou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-28, 14:13   Link #162
Doraneko
The Owl of Minerva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuou View Post
How does the otaku thinking process work when they get sexually attracted to these characters then? As I've seen from some comments it happens. When they get down to it they're in for a world of surprise. Or are certain “parts” just ignored?
IMO very few claiming that they want to "fap" a character are serious with their words .

However, for those who are really serious, partial ignorance of undesirable details, or in-brain conversion (脳内転換) as in Japanese, is possible. They can see a trap, ignore the trap qualities, and consider s/he as a real girl. One further step is to make doujinshi/fanfictions to allow them to indulge in their own fantasies.

But in reality, the reverse is actually more prevalent. As few as they are, there are people with a sexual fetish with 2D traps. They can easily in-brain convert normal characters into traps in opposite sex. Try to check the amount of 18+ gender-bending (性転換) doujinshi to estimate the size of this niche.

As a futile attempt to get back to the topic of novels, here are some gender-bending Haruhi doujin novels.:

Last edited by Doraneko; 2009-03-28 at 14:30. Reason: No... I don't own the novels, and don't ask me for them... @_@
Doraneko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-28, 15:02   Link #163
Ryuou
進む道は武士道のみ

Hmm...thanks for the explanation. I don't think I want to try understanding anymore than this, haha.
Old 2009-03-29, 10:16   Link #164
seaghyn16
Translator Level 4/10

@NeoSam: First summary is done, you can use it how you'd like. I've got it hosted in pdf format atm on the L-N.info site, and here's the link:

http://www.light-novels.info/reviews/PuiPui1.pdf

as the name suggests in the link, it's Volume 1 from PuiPui!. As that's the only novel in japanese I've read atm. . I'm working on Volume 2 now, and will put up a summary when I've finished that.
seaghyn16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 11:00   Link #165
Ryuou
進む道は武士道のみ

Are you going to add PuiPui! to the list on the Titles page?
Old 2009-03-30, 07:30   Link #166
seaghyn16
Translator Level 4/10

I wasn't going to, but eh, I'll do it ^_^.

@NeoSam: I've edited the db.lightnovel.org page a bit, but not much. If you would, could you create another sidebar, with link labels that are something like:

* Titles List
* Publishing Labels
* Genre
* and any other categories for search parameters? the sidebar is locked, so I can't do it, and I don't think you should unlock it. (the main page is unprotected as well.)
Old 2009-03-30, 11:09   Link #167
seaghyn16
Translator Level 4/10

que double post again O_o

Here's the updates for those interested:

1) The site is now finished with remodling so far. I obviously can't seem to pick a design I really, really like, so I'll just leave it the way it is finally.

2) There is a new Poll up, this time with more information on the page than just choices.

3) I've made a forum...O_o. Took me forever, but its out. Obviously I pirated the phpbb free stuff B-T uses, so it's really, REALLY similar. Just some minor differences :mrgreen: The point of it though is to provide a place for discussions about the novels that have synopses, teasers, etc out on the L-N page, rather than novels here at B-T. I won't be adding the translation projects at B-T to the L-N site, because I want it to remain separate for information you can't find elsewhere. If you have any interest at all, feel free to leave a post about whatever. Currently, I've got one section up with a post, and that's under the light novel section in a thread called: Teaser Translated Novels, where you can discuss novels that I've translated a teaser for.

4) I guess that's that actually. I'll get around to the Dragon Crisis! teaser soon, and do the more detailed parts for Accel World and TamaXNama, as they are losing sadly to Kaguya at the moment in terms of teaser length.

Hope to see you at the forums, if you want to post something about a novel specific to the L-N site, otherwise...555 A-S!
Old 2009-03-30, 13:46   Link #168
NeoSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaghyn16 View Post

@NeoSam: I've edited the db.lightnovel.org page a bit, but not much. If you would, could you create another sidebar, with link labels that are something like:

* Titles List
* Publishing Labels
* Genre
* and any other categories for search parameters? the sidebar is locked, so I can't do it, and I don't think you should unlock it. (the main page is unprotected as well.)
Wait >_< the site hasn't been updated yet. The wiki will be updated to its latest stable version, after that some changes (making it more organized) will be done, and then the addition of some extensions to make it have even more functionality >_< some of these functionalitis will be needed in the future, I think.

Yeah the main page is not protected LOL, it didn't have anything on it to be protected, but thanks for the changes to it we'll tak about what needs to be added once everything has been done >_<
Old 2009-03-31, 01:17   Link #169
Ryuou
進む道は武士道のみ

Quote:
I figured it would only be proper to do so. Since the title page is where we access all the available titles, it would be odd to leave some out.
Old 2009-03-31, 11:24   Link #170
seaghyn16
Translator Level 4/10

I've just finished the teaser for Dragon Crisis!

It's not too long, but it's much better than the Kaguya one in my opinion. At the beginning of the Kaguya teaser, there was alot of stuff I translated that didn't really get too in depth right away, though it used that to show the outlook of the main male lead. The difference in size:

Kaguya was ~20 ish pages of the japanese novel.

Dragon Crisis was around a 4 page prologue. Both are the official prologues for their respective volume 1's, but I think Dragon Crisis! takes the cake. Alot more punch I think. Give it a shot .

http://www.light-novels.info/teasers.html

If you realized I used the same post at the B-T forums...your smart O_o

Also, if you have comments specifically on the novel and it's teaser, feel free to express it here:

http://forums.light-novels.info/viewforum.php?f=19

under the section for "Dragon Crisis!" or post under whatever interests you. otherwise, we can clutter A-S more ^_^

Last edited by seaghyn16; 2009-03-31 at 11:36.
Old 2009-04-01, 16:21   Link #171
Solafighter
Hige

Does anyone has any news about the novel "Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wakeganai" about beeing (fan-) translated, please?

I realy would like to love reading this novel.
Old 2009-04-02, 12:31   Link #172
seaghyn16
Translator Level 4/10

The most I know is that there are some light teaser type things done by Shadow over at the B-T forums, but that's it at the moment...novel translators are so hard to find O_o

http://www.light-novels.info

the site is finally....got its general look. I don't think I'll be changing overall design, i like the color scheme and stuff, it's just that something does seem to be missing still..../sigh.
Old 2009-04-04, 09:01   Link #173
seaghyn16
Translator Level 4/10

Spoiler for Kakure Hime Image:

Well, I guess I'll be getting back on track to the original point of this thread. Instead of promoting L-N, we'll talk about light novels.

Anybody read "Kakure Hime?" It seems to be an interesting story.

Quote:
The one who is "able to pass through objects," is the high school student Sebata Meiju. Encountering an accident in a tunnel during his trip, he used that power to successfully call for help but, a fellow passenger on the bus, Niidome Saori, saw that he was an ability user. Niidome was a doctor at "Tokitou Hospital's Eighth Building," and was researching those like Meiju who had a similar "Sensory Magnification Disease." With the truth of his ability kept a secret, Meiju, who could feel the suffering of the patients at the hospital, had an encounter with Atzusa, a girl who had broken off contact with the outside world since eight years previous. The boy with the ability to connect to others, and the girl hiding because of hers. It's the story of the awkward contact between the two's hearts.
I was wrong in my earlier synopsis...so very wrong O_o. so I've edited it, and fixed the parts I'd messed up on. I won't say it's a love story, but I won't say it's not either. ^_^.

Anyway, if you've got some time, check it out. It seems really interesting. There's 2 volumes out right now, and volume 2 has some manga-like inserts that last for a few pages. might be interesting to translate...haha.
Old 2009-04-04, 13:15   Link #174
Ryuou
進む道は武士道のみ

I'm not so keen on the colors but I like the new setup. So what's with the youtube part though? Are those videos you made yourself?
Old 2009-04-05, 02:02   Link #175
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
YES! OH YES!

This is somehow unrelated to the topic, but a novel I've set sights on my lookout is about to be turned into a manga.

http://lightnovel.org/2009/03/28/mis...nga-adaptation

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 10:37   Link #176
seaghyn16
Translator Level 4/10

It's a long ways from finished . I don't really know how to work the colors either, but what I do know is that since I"m using a colorscheme CSS, editing the colors is really easy.

As for the youtube videos, yeah, they're ones I've put up/made myself.
Old 2009-04-07, 08:52   Link #177
seaghyn16
Translator Level 4/10

@Solafighter:

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/forums/vie...p=51164#p50796

that's all we've got so far if you haven't seen it yet, though it's a pretty good start.

(for the Ore no Imouta ga konnani kawai wake janai" or however it's written. that was based on memory, which may be bad.)
Old 2009-04-07, 09:27   Link #178
Solafighter
Hige

Quote:
@Solafighter:

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/forums/vie...p=51164#p50796

that's all we've got so far if you haven't seen it yet, though it's a pretty good start.

(for the Ore no Imouta ga konnani kawai wake janai" or however it's written. that was based on memory, which may be bad.)
Awsomeness! Thank you very much.
Old 2009-04-07, 23:34   Link #179
seaghyn16
Translator Level 4/10

It's being translated from a chinese translation which was fan-translated from a japanese version, so it's possible the original japanese might have more to it, but in the long run, usually these tend to come out very well. Just look at Spice and Wolf.
Old 2009-04-23, 14:32   Link #180
Ryuou
進む道は武士道のみ

Since I noticed that some of you read the series, this should make some of you happy.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...nime-confirmed

Tags
light novels