AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Amagami SS

Notices

Old 2010-07-09, 05:59   Link #421
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Yeah i was wondering about that , though the evening sky worked very nicely as a background for such a scene. Very nicely done.

Also pleased with Nanasaki her first introduction of the series. Yukana fits her rather well, i must say.

& oh god the scene with Haruka putting her socks on. >______<
Yeah I was kind of expecting someone to tell them to go home . Still it did give a nice atmosphere to the last part of the episode so it's all good.

Miya's jealousy came up strong again. I can see where Haruka is coming from with the whole cat comparison. Though it's going to be pretty tough to get close to her.

Kind of amazing how Junichi's mood can swing so wildly from extremes. Though I guess that might have given him an edge over most. While quite a few would have just given up his spirits can be raised pretty quickly. Besides have to give him credit for that second confession that had more strength and reasoning behind it. You can now feel that he really has a chance.

Nice to understand Haruka a bit better as well. Really does fit that she would join all those clubs and then quit. She really just throws herself into things and then moves on when something else gets her attention. It's also nice how she settled things after the first refusal. Pretty reasonable thinking that one refusal shouldn't kill any connection to the other person. Obviously some wouldn't be able to keep anything going after getting turned down, but it's not a bad stance. A pretty fun person to watch in action .
Old 2010-07-09, 07:33   Link #422
Circlebutton
Occasional Occasionalist.

Oh gods, Haruka... Okay I'll give. Her and Kaoru. This series is a keeper.
Old 2010-07-09, 07:34   Link #423
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Rejection isn't always final.

As I posted, I can very much understand the way Haruka tried to handle it, because she clearly doesn't want to loose her friendship with Junichi over a rejection.

Edit - Call me crazy and absurd but even though she appears but once, I have a strange like for Rihoko's character. So what if she eats a lot. It's a strange feeling I don't understand, and I've had the same feeling for other girls in other series, and majority of the time it tells me that this character is awesome.

Last edited by MeoTwister5; 2010-07-09 at 08:13.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 08:27   Link #424
kamehameha

Quote:
How can you say it's the best when we haven't even experienced what the other girls have to offer yet in their own arcs?
Just a gut feeling, its like watching something epic, something good would measure up as being mediocre in comparison. Plus they've introduced some of the characters, kinda tired of the whole i knew you from my childhood lets be lovers theme with the girl he meets in the library.. also i think morishima would be a majority of the viewers favorite character of the series at the end. These are just predictions though xD
kamehameha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 08:43   Link #425
Justin Kim
*Artist

Haruka just livened up that second episode. Junichi is by far an admirable character in my opinon. Despite Haruka rejecting her; he, persistently attempts to convey his feelings to her, and isn't to shy about it either. He isn't bold, but he definently is a man.
Old 2010-07-09, 08:49   Link #426
kamehameha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Kim View Post
Haruka just livened up that second episode. Junichi is by far an admirable character in my opinon. Despite Haruka rejecting her; he, persistently attempts to convey his feelings to her, and isn't to shy about it either. He isn't bold, but he definently is a man.
i think he confessed the second time mainly from overhearing the conversation when they were walking home.. lol
kamehameha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 09:13   Link #427
Jin Kizuite
Guns Galore!

Send a message via MSN to Jin Kizuite
The last 5 minutes or whatever was just ULTRA CHEESE. But I couldn't stop grinning though during the end of that scene. Still there are so many better set-up leadins that this just felt it could be so much more. Sort of leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Credit @ fallschirmjager
Jin Kizuite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 09:32   Link #428
roankun
Tsundere Lover

I don't like it that they're making Haruka's arc first. They're also using it to introduce the other characters which decreases her screen time. Call me an idiot, but she's my favorite character, because Itou Shizuka voices her. ^^ Otherwise, their class's president would be my favorite.

roankun's verdict:
They should have made Haruka's last, or they could have devoted one whole episode to introduce all the characters.

On episode 2:
Not sure... I don't hate it, but I don't like it that much. I thought that forehead kiss would be a headbutt actually. And Haruka's spontaneousness makes me feel like she's a... more positive Haruhi, but that just feels WRONG.

But anyway, I've confirmed it. I don't like Miya. Though that meat bun thingy is cute.
roankun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 10:05   Link #429
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by roankun View Post
I don't like it that they're making Haruka's arc first. They're also using it to introduce the other characters which decreases her screen time.

I like it. They don't take up much time, prevent you from getting bored, and by the time the other girls' arcs come around, you already know a little bit about them. I'm sure this is going to happen in the other arcs as well.
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 10:16   Link #430
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Quote:
Yeah i was wondering about that , though the evening sky worked very nicely as a background for such a scene. Very nicely done.

Also pleased with Nanasaki her first introduction of the series. Yukana fits her rather well, i must say.

& oh god the scene with Haruka putting her socks on. >______<
If only they had been thigh highs...

Ah well putting my fetishes aside the show is easily the second best of the season thus far (Sorry nothing beats well animated Ecchi + Zombie Apocalypse...nothing) and as much fun as Haruka has been really chomping at the bit to get some more time with the other lasses...

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 10:19   Link #431
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
Kaoru seems like a very fun person to be with. It'll be interesting to see what kind of approach Tachibana will be using in interacting with her.
He could totally play the 'tickling' game with her and then take it from there...
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 10:20   Link #432
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I approve of the direction this conversation is going.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 10:28   Link #433
RisArk

Am I alone on wishing Hibiki was a choice? There's something about her that appeals me more than most of these girls....
RisArk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 10:49   Link #434
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

another enjoyable episode, the unexpected kiss was lol worthy....
the only thing that saddens me is knowing Miya won't get her own arc (from what l read here) hopefully Kaoru can get rid some of that disappointment when her story starts.
Old 2010-07-09, 11:40   Link #435
wingman32x

Haruka really is a cutie. Tachibana seems to have gotten to her too. His efforts seemed to have worked. We first see evidence of this during the puppy scene where she lays down and slightly blushes after talking about Tachibana. I loved this scene. Not only because it shows the first signs of her liking him, but because she looked really freakin cute. Then there was the forehead kiss scene. IDK, I wasn't a big fan of the conversation leading up to it. Tachibana seemed a little too desperate IMO. But hey, it worked .

Also, I really hope that Miya isn't going to go into jelous bitch mode everytime Haruka talks to a girl other than her. That would get really annoying very fast. I know she has a brocon, but I kind of underestimated how big it was.
wingman32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 12:00   Link #436
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Episode 2 was very enjoyable. As others have already stated, the show isn't anything spectacular and it doesn't stand out much, but its laid-back atmosphere is what I like about it. No needless drama, just a fairly normal high school romance, and very cute girls. As such, I find the show oddly relaxing, I hope it'll remain that way and they won't try to do anything unneeded.

I'm also a bit surprised by the lack of fanservice, 2 episodes and not a single pair of panties spotted. There was a golden opportunity during the infirmary scene, but instead they did something different: just a simple close up on Haruka's thighs, and then a small scene with her putting her socks on. I found it tastefully sexy. Too bad the feet service was minimal.

I enjoyed the small scenes with the other girls too. I think I'm going to like Ai a lot. My favorite is still Haruka for now, followed closely by Kaoru, but this may change with the next arc.
Old 2010-07-09, 12:48   Link #437
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Who is next as the main girl after Haruka?
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 12:52   Link #438
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...46#post3124046
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...39#post3124039

Quick answer: Kaoru.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 12:53   Link #439
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
Kaoru. The girls appear in order at the very beginning of the OP.
Old 2010-07-09, 13:12   Link #440
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by RisArk View Post
Am I alone on wishing Hibiki was a choice? There's something about her that appeals me more than most of these girls....
Nope, you're not the only one.

There's at least two of us.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romance, seinen, shounen