AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2010-12-27, 08:27   Link #2681
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Nirvana animated looked rather nice. I hope that quality sticks.

Jellal and Erza's last scene totally stole the episode. This new pieces of music are so damn good, and it's a crime we have no third soundtrack release date yet.
Old 2010-12-27, 08:33   Link #2682
Clarste
Human

This episode actually had some pretty nice animation when they weren't cutting corners.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-27, 09:01   Link #2683
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

Again the translator messing up a name (Carla, when the seyuu says Charlez).
Someone should really tell the crunchy translator that Mashima uses french names (like Gerard)...

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

kache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-27, 09:55   Link #2684
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Jellal and Erza's last scene totally stole the episode. This new pieces of music are so damn good, and it's a crime we have no third soundtrack release date yet.
Word on both accounts.

I actually felt like I was playing Ys for a moment there with the musical accompaniment in this episode.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-27, 10:21   Link #2685
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kache View Post
Again the translator messing up a name (Carla, when the seyuu says Charlez).
Someone should really tell the crunchy translator that Mashima uses french names (like Gerard)...
No, Carla and Jellal are both their official names, given by Mashima himself.. Sorry they're not the same as the fan translation.
Old 2010-12-27, 11:11   Link #2686
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for Ep60:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
No, Carla and Jellal are both their official names, given by Mashima himself.. Sorry they're not the same as the fan translation.
To be fair at least with Jellal they didn't switch up the translation part way through the story. It's like suddenly they got the memo . I think Jellal is ok since it looks the way it sounds. But making the official name that way is jarring. Fine to say it's the official name, but doesn't make Carla any less weird to read when you're hearing something like Charles. Mashima dropped the ball on the naming this time.
Old 2010-12-27, 11:32   Link #2687
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Hmm, Nirvana is a 6-legged ciy of terror, but I still think Happy is more awesome :P Really glad they didn't go CG on it.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-27, 12:29   Link #2688
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Spoiler for Ep60:

To be fair at least with Jellal they didn't switch up the translation part way through the story. It's like suddenly they got the memo . I think Jellal is ok since it looks the way it sounds. But making the official name that way is jarring. Fine to say it's the official name, but doesn't make Carla any less weird to read when you're hearing something like Charles. Mashima dropped the ball on the naming this time.
He switched it because people complained about Charles looking like a guys name.
Damned if you do, damned if you don't, huh?

Well, I agree with you that it can be jarring to hear something different than you read, but the fact is that in the official manga it will be "Carla", and it's more important to keep names consistent across manga and anime.
So deal with it.
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-27, 13:14   Link #2689
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

This episode made even Happy awesome. Now he can be comedic relief for 60 episodes again.

Anyway this episode had seriously nice music.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-27, 13:27   Link #2690
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarkboy View Post
He switched it because people complained about Charles looking like a guys name.
Damned if you do, damned if you don't, huh?

Well, I agree with you that it can be jarring to hear something different than you read, but the fact is that in the official manga it will be "Carla", and it's more important to keep names consistent across manga and anime.
So deal with it.
For what it's worth, I noticed, and appreciated the change. Having a blatantly female cat with a masculine specific name was going to be mildly irritating. Far more so than the easily ignored discrepancy between "Carla" and "Sharuru"
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-27, 16:35   Link #2691
kitten320

Duno about whole Jellal and Gerard issue but seiyus clearly say Jellal so stop bitching around.

Spoiler for 60:
Old 2010-12-27, 17:21   Link #2692
Sprite_Coke

Send a message via AIM to Sprite_Coke
^ OP would change next week. You're thinking 5x12=60. But this would only be true if the index of numbers started at 0. Since number starts at 1, which is an odd number, naturally every 12 episode would start at an odd number.
Old 2010-12-27, 17:32   Link #2693
Acadia

So did the real A-1 Pictures (i.e the folks who did Kannagi), finally get off their butt and ANIMATE an episode of Fairy Tail or what? I LOVED IT!

As soon as I saw the faces drawn slightly cleaner than usual, I knew OMG EPIC EPISODE AHEAD!

Great episode, great animation (for once), great music, another weird moving city (christ even that is starting to get overused in anime, geeez), and great character development from Jellal and Erza. Shit, you could create an entire anime of just those two and it would be great!

And now the epic story continues in TWO weeks with the new OP + ED. A LONG two weeks.
Acadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-27, 17:48   Link #2694
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite_Coke View Post
^ OP would change next week. You're thinking 5x12=60. But this would only be true if the index of numbers started at 0. Since number starts at 1, which is an odd number, naturally every 12 episode would start at an odd number.
I'm pretty sure that so far OP were changed at 12; 24; 36 and 48 episode's... what leaves 60...

Or am I wrong?
Old 2010-12-27, 18:04   Link #2695
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
^ Yes that is the correct order, excluding 48's episode because the OP changed during 49th one. So I guess if we count it from there, the new intro should appear during episode 61, like few stated already.
Old 2010-12-27, 18:40   Link #2696
Bern-san

looking forward to the new opening i hope it doesn't spoil too much the next arc

well finally cobra vs natsu which was great this episode, from now on happy can't be considered only comedic relief

more action next episode!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Why are everyone saying that Ultear brainwashed him? It was Zeref and Ultear just made use of his ambitions.
she clearly stated she brainwashed him, can't remember if in the anime did it because they changed the scene
Spoiler for ultear confessing it in manga:
Old 2010-12-27, 19:14   Link #2697
Sprite_Coke

Send a message via AIM to Sprite_Coke
^The confession was slipped in Ultear's conversation with master Hades. Soon after Tower arc.
Old 2010-12-27, 22:18   Link #2698
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud View Post
^ Yes that is the correct order, excluding 48's episode because the OP changed during 49th one. So I guess if we count it from there, the new intro should appear during episode 61, like few stated already.
Looks like they changed the OP pacing then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern-san View Post
she clearly stated she brainwashed him, can't remember if in the anime did it because they changed the scene
Spoiler for ultear confessing it in manga:
I guess it slipped my mind then... so Ultear is Zeref then?
And wow... scene of confession sure was changed a lot... she was not taking bath in the anime at that point...
Old 2010-12-27, 22:48   Link #2699
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
I guess it slipped my mind then... so Ultear is Zeref then?
And wow... scene of confession sure was changed a lot... she was not taking bath in the anime at that point...
Urtear was just pretending to be Jellal's perceived Zeref.

And well, obviously they can't show the same confession scene, it would be too hot for the TV.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-27, 23:20   Link #2700
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Best line ever from Happy: "Carla can rip me off anytime."

That is all.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen