Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-04-14, 17:32   Link #141
noktown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
and i will bet the Emperors have a thier one piece ver of a Nuke Jammer.
1)There's nothing that actually stops a nuclear bomb,you can shoot it down but damage will still be taken.

2)I don't think it's so easy to find people during their era who would go against WG to develop this kind of technology for pirates,also it's not something that can simply be carried over by ship.

WG on the other hand has many bases with many scientists who are constantly working on new stuff.

But then again,I'm falling into your trap with the whole mass theory/imaginary war,Oda did not go into any detailed information regarding the WG,like I previously said.

Last edited by noktown; 2014-04-14 at 18:49.
Old 2014-04-14, 22:06   Link #142
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
I don't really see the point in debating power levels when there's hardly anything indicating the difference of strength between top tier characters of this manga. They aren't simply ranked proper by some generic power level formula, anyone can win in the right situation. The 4 Emperors, the Admirals, the Shichibukai, Dragon, right-hand-men of tops (Rayleigh, Marco, Sabo, etc) all have a chance in defeating one another, IMO.

I do feel there's a wall between the top tiers and the rest, but within the cast of these characters, it doesn't feel like there's an impregnable wall between.

I know I'm late in addressing this, but while I'm also not the most fond of debating power levels myself, I do feel that OP at least has a pretty fair sense of progression compared to many of its contemporaries. As was mentioned by others here already, the younger characters still have room to improve, which is why we haven't seen any of them reach the summit just yet. That's also why I feel that Sabo, who I DO believe has matured farther than most of the younger cast, is also still in his growth period. I guess I'm just saying that in other words, Sabo would kinda be like the revolutionaries' version of a supernova, #2 rank aside, heh.

And again, it's not like his position in the army indicates that the gap in power between him and Dragon is a short one, anyway. Also, neither of his opponents in the tournament finals fought all-out against him, so it's still too soon to say that he's one the level of guys like Rayleigh or Marco, IMO. At least, that's my take on it, anyway....
Old 2014-04-15, 03:57   Link #143
nicepace
The congueror Of The EAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by noktown View Post
So the whole theory argument what Whitebeard could have done or not is kind of funny,because I'm pretty sure with the advanced technology the WG scientists posses they could throw some kind of a One Piece version of an atomic bomb in the area and no one would have survived,including the almighty emperors.
Or You could say the higher version of Buster Call.
Old 2014-04-15, 16:41   Link #144
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

Is Oda sensei sick?

He is taking a break every other week.
Old 2014-04-15, 17:15   Link #145
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasxn View Post
Is Oda sensei sick?

He is taking a break every other week.

Every four chapters, more like. This is just the schedule his editors gave him after he came down with a nasty illness last year. They basically (finally) realized that he's not a machine and decided lighten his workload a bit. So if you wanna direct your anger at anyone, let it be at Oda's bosses, not the guy himself, lol.
Old 2014-04-16, 07:18   Link #146
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Every four chapters, more like. This is just the schedule his editors gave him after he came down with a nasty illness last year. They basically (finally) realized that he's not a machine and decided lighten his workload a bit. So if you wanna direct your anger at anyone, let it be at Oda's bosses, not the guy himself, lol.
does oda actually draw everything for the manga or does he only come up with the story and has his team draw?
Old 2014-04-16, 10:17   Link #147
unameit

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1960 View Post
MarineFord War was a rescue mission
In my opinion if the WG were to face off with White Beard without the situation that happened on Marine Ford, they would have lost. The reason Ace was at the gallows was to suppress the full might of the quake fruit and keep White Beard in one place. They turned the Marineford war into a rescue operation forcing White Beard to come to them.

Now lets take the situation and turn it around and assume that there was no hostage situation. You know what I would do if I were White beard? I would coat the ship and perform hit and run on all islands that held Marine assets only(not Ciphor pol, not the Shichibukai, and not civilians). There would be nothing the Marines could do because you can't hit a target you can't see. I would never have to surface because all I would have to do is create a title wave from under water and sink Islands and destroy marine ships in the ocean until you were weak and vulnerable. The next question would be how many of the Shichibukai would turn on you when they realize you are weak and can't enforce your justice? Cipher pol would be completely useless because all they are is an intelligence agency. How fast do you think other Yonkous would take advantage of you vulnerable situation? You think Dragon would make his move? How many countries would allow Marine assets in their country? How quickly do you think things would fall apart once the muscle(Marines) is destroyed. The marines are the glue that holds the WG together. It is what allows the WG to enforce their views, the Marines are what keeps the Shichibukai system together and in line, they are the world police.

In my opinion very few people truly understand the significance of why Marines decided to go to war with White Beard when they had Ace at the gallows. White Beard was a powerhouse and that is why the WG did not go after Ace when White Beard placed his protection on him. How do you contain a powerhouse when you have no leverage? At Marine Ford War Ace was the leverage. The only reason White Beard did not sink that Island was because he was trying to save his son(Ace). You guys can create any scenario you want but the WG respected White Beards power even when they had the advantage.

"We may have the greater force, but we must not take this opponent lightly!!! It may well be us who meet are end today... for that man...Has the power to destroy the very world!!!" Chapter 552 pages 14 and 15 Fleet Admiral Sengoku

what's with the waiting then?
Old 2014-04-16, 14:19   Link #148
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoa1708 View Post
does oda actually draw everything for the manga or does he only come up with the story and has his team draw?

Oda does have assistants, but he still does most of the work himself. If memory serves me right, he said in an interview that he draws "everything that moves". And while I'm sure his assistants are quite skilled, I doubt they'd be able to perfectly copy his distinctive art style, so I think it's for the best that they don't pick up the slack for him during his breaks....
Old 2014-04-16, 15:51   Link #149
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Quote:
Originally Posted by unameit View Post
what's with the waiting then?
Need to be more specific.
Old 2014-04-16, 19:25   Link #150
adriankhoo153

One thing bothers me here is why Doflamingo offering real mera fruits? If this is to lure Luffy into the trap, he could easily replicate/duplicate fake mera mera fruits as the prize since he have no intention to give it out and Mera mera is so so precious (at least to me - Logia always precious)

He could have the original mera mera fruits keep safe at other place/county rather than putting it at risk at a what? Fish?

He seems like a guy with a lot of plan but troubles me to find that he would actually careless on this.

Any chances that that might be a fake Mera mera fruits Sabo taken and is produce by Smile factory? Maybe it isn't real but close to real.. Hmm..
Old 2014-04-18, 06:31   Link #151
Altes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by adriankhoo153 View Post
One thing bothers me here is why Doflamingo offering real mera fruits? If this is to lure Luffy into the trap, he could easily replicate/duplicate fake mera mera fruits as the prize since he have no intention to give it out and Mera mera is so so precious (at least to me - Logia always precious)

He could have the original mera mera fruits keep safe at other place/county rather than putting it at risk at a what? Fish?

He seems like a guy with a lot of plan but troubles me to find that he would actually careless on this.

Any chances that that might be a fake Mera mera fruits Sabo taken and is produce by Smile factory? Maybe it isn't real but close to real.. Hmm..
Pretty sure the fruit was real, or at least it wasn't meant to just lure Luffy into the trap. Remember, many powerful fighters from all over the New World came to compete for the fruit, because Doflamingo invited them. It must have taken more than one day for the news to reach the necessary people, and for them to arrive at Dressrosa. Dofla didn't know Luffy was coming to Dressrosa as well until yesterday.

And Diamante said the fruit wasn't meant to be won, but surely they accounted for the possibility of someone winning it. They'd be risking a scandal and making powerful enemies if it turned out there was no Mera Mera. Regardless, Sabo ate it and has the power, so this plot point is closed. I hope it won't be dragged out by revealing that the real Mera Mera is still in Dofla's possession.
Old 2014-04-18, 07:08   Link #152
noktown

Quote:
Originally Posted by adriankhoo153 View Post

Am I forgetting something or they actually managed to create a fruit that already exists ?As far as I remember they are making their own fruits.

And even if they could duplicate a fruit,as far as i remember men made fruits look different than a real fruit,so people would probably get suspicious.

Last edited by noktown; 2014-04-18 at 12:31.
Old 2014-04-18, 12:29   Link #153
PixelCreek
I voted Bayonetta

I highly doubt the fruit was fake. I think it was stated somewhere (maybe by Ceasar?) that they could only artificially produce Zoan type fruits currently. Hence why Kaido has an army of Zoan users and Kinemon's little boy is a malfunctioning pink Dragon. I seem to remember something about Logia types being too hard to replicate.
Old 2014-04-18, 14:00   Link #154
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixelCreek View Post
I highly doubt the fruit was fake. I think it was stated somewhere (maybe by Ceasar?) that they could only artificially produce Zoan type fruits currently. Hence why Kaido has an army of Zoan users and Kinemon's little boy is a malfunctioning pink Dragon. I seem to remember something about Logia types being too hard to replicate.
I wonder if replicating Logia fruits is written on ponyglyphs?
Old 2014-04-19, 07:57   Link #155
noktown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
I wonder if replicating Logia fruits is written on ponyglyphs?
That would be...disappointing...
Old 2014-04-21, 01:10   Link #156
marvelB

And as promised here's our early Golden Week spoiler!
Closed Thread