AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-10-02, 10:20   Link #261
Rembr

Ayano's boyfriend is Misao's brother, if I remember correctly.
Old 2007-10-02, 10:47   Link #262
game2007

Got a pic of her boyfriend?
Old 2007-10-02, 11:06   Link #263
Rembr

I believe he is only mentioned.

Some more tidbits from digging around a bit:

She wears the cachusha because she doesn't like her hair getting in the way.
She keeps her hair long because her boyfriend likes it.
Old 2007-10-02, 21:31   Link #264
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by red ribbon View Post
so have they ever showed ayano's boyfreind in the manga
I haven't seen him yet. I don't even recall where the manga mentioned Ayano's relationship status, so all of you who said she kept her hair back for her boyfriend I'd like to know the source.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kim8268 View Post
Im just asking if there will be a season 2 of lucky star or a spesial episode (please answer me, sob sob)
Nobody said anything about it, so we really, really don't know.
Old 2007-10-02, 23:35   Link #265
Nuke Mayhem
Shopping Hero 4ever

Send a message via AIM to Nuke Mayhem Send a message via Yahoo to Nuke Mayhem
This probably been asked before but where can I download LS eps without subtitles? I wanna make an AMV.
Old 2007-10-03, 00:51   Link #266
Rembr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claies View Post
I haven't seen him yet. I don't even recall where the manga mentioned Ayano's relationship status, so all of you who said she kept her hair back for her boyfriend I'd like to know the source.
陵桜学園入学案内書, which is a Lucky Star guidebook made from official source.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%82%89%E3.../dp/4048541242

She keeps her hair long because her boyfriend likes it, but the cachusha seems to be just a personal thing.
Old 2007-10-05, 21:51   Link #267
X207
Gamyūsa

it may just be a coincidence but the ep where kona gets the leavatin sword on the mmorpg. did they chose that on purpose to refer to signum/s weapon is nanoha A + strikerS?
Old 2007-10-05, 22:48   Link #268
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
it may just be a coincidence but the ep where kona gets the leavatin sword on the mmorpg. did they chose that on purpose to refer to signum/s weapon is nanoha A + strikerS?
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...8&postcount=29

...But who really knows for sure what their intent was?
Old 2007-10-05, 23:05   Link #269
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risaa View Post
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...8&postcount=29

...But who really knows for sure what their intent was?
missed it cause it wasnt posted in the reference thread, i dont really look in ep threads b4 seeing ep due to spoilers.

it seems as if lucky star has been licensed.

http://kadokawapicturesusa.com/animation/

Last edited by X207; 2007-10-15 at 16:19.
Old 2007-10-15, 16:17   Link #270
X207
Gamyūsa

oops didnt notice i already had last post. pls delete this one
Old 2007-10-15, 21:21   Link #271
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
missed it cause it wasnt posted in the reference thread, i dont really look in ep threads b4 seeing ep due to spoilers.

Actually, if you browse around, those are just all their titles. If you'll notice they also list Karin (being handled by Geneon) and SHnY (being handled by Bandai). Lucky Star is *available* for a partnered license distribution from Kadokawa USA.

Karin is recently in limbo due to Geneon's collapse but they implied they were negotiating a hand-off of titles in progress for completion.
Old 2007-10-16, 05:55   Link #272
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Actually, if you browse around, those are just all their titles. If you'll notice they also list Karin (being handled by Geneon) and SHnY (being handled by Bandai). Lucky Star is *available* for a partnered license distribution from Kadokawa USA.

Karin is recently in limbo due to Geneon's collapse but they implied they were negotiating a hand-off of titles in progress for completion.
ty thats good to hear, it seems a bit too early for it to be licensed.
Old 2007-10-16, 08:57   Link #273
MaxwellDemon
"Bi?!" BI?!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
ty thats good to hear, it seems a bit too early for it to be licensed.
Though personally I hope it gets licensed soon, that means official US DVDs coming out (hopefully with original VAs from Japan as an option). Having that said however, I think it is very, very unlikely Lucky Star would be licensed... the jokes just won't properly transits into US's anime culture, no matter how popular it is over there.
That and if they could actually find voice actors that could portray these characters, it'd be too amazing.
Old 2007-10-16, 16:15   Link #274
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxwellDemon View Post
Though personally I hope it gets licensed soon, that means official US DVDs coming out (hopefully with original VAs from Japan as an option). Having that said however, I think it is very, very unlikely Lucky Star would be licensed... the jokes just won't properly transits into US's anime culture, no matter how popular it is over there.
That and if they could actually find voice actors that could portray these characters, it'd be too amazing.
ya finding good dub voices is hard imo. i find many voices could come out a bit high pitched compared to the japanese counterparts.
Old 2007-10-16, 16:22   Link #275
MaxwellDemon
"Bi?!" BI?!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
ya finding good dub voices is hard imo. i find many voices could come out a bit high pitched compared to the japanese counterparts.
The major problem is that Lucky Star isn't really your typical anime that would get licensed. The voice actors in US can probably hardly reach the standard the original VA set... so much less talk about actually someone that could dub Konata, but it is hard to even find a candidate for it.
Old 2007-10-16, 17:36   Link #276
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
Quote:
The voice actors in US can probably hardly reach the standard the original VA set... so much less talk about actually someone that could dub Konata, but it is hard to even find a candidate for it.
....When has this ever stopped them in the past? There are many, many people who could dub Kona, even if you exclude most VAs and keep in mind only those who could realistically portray a muu-ing high school otaku-girl, it's still quite a few. The fact of the matter is, no matter who they choose to dub Kona, everyone here is immediately going to say that it's utter crap simply because either 1) it doesn't sound exactly like Japanese-Kona does and we love Japanese-Kona's voice, or 2) it's not Aya. (And maybe perhaps because the voice really does suck.)

..Deshou?
Old 2007-10-16, 17:42   Link #277
MaxwellDemon
"Bi?!" BI?!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Risaa View Post
....When has this ever stopped them in the past? There are many, many people who could dub Kona, even if you exclude most VAs and keep in mind only those who could realistically portray a muu-ing high school otaku-girl, it's still quite a few. The fact of the matter is, no matter who they choose to dub Kona, everyone here is immediately going to say that it's utter crap simply because either 1) it doesn't sound exactly like Japanese-Kona does and we love Japanese-Kona's voice, or 2) it's not Aya. (And maybe perhaps because the voice really does suck.)

..Deshou?
That's true.

But still, I heavily doubt Lucky Star would be licensed. It just doesn't seem like one of those anime that would be dubbed. ^^;

Of course, I could be very, very wrong, and personally I hope I am wrong.
Old 2007-10-16, 20:45   Link #278
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:

But still, I heavily doubt Lucky Star would be licensed. It just doesn't seem like one of those anime that would be dubbed. ^^;

Of course, I could be very, very wrong, and personally I hope I am wrong.
Three words: Pani Poni Dash! (+2 more words: Excel Saga!)

Any more questions??

...and remember: R1 DVD's have that dual language feature!
Old 2007-10-17, 04:03   Link #279
MaxwellDemon
"Bi?!" BI?!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
Three words: Pani Poni Dash! (+2 more words: Excel Saga!)

Any more questions??

...and remember: R1 DVD's have that dual language feature!
Which is why I hope it gets licensed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiro83 View Post
It seems that Lucky Star has been licensed by Kadokawa Pictures USA.

Sources:
Here
Here

Can someone confirm?
Thanks.
Guess I was wrong about my predication after all! Good thing though, I'd definitely leap at the chance of buying the DVDs when it is released.

Last edited by MaxwellDemon; 2007-10-17 at 10:09.
Old 2007-10-17, 18:46   Link #280
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiro83 View Post
It seems that Lucky Star has been licensed by Kadokawa Pictures USA.

Sources:
Here
Here

Can someone confirm?
Thanks.
Lucky Star is not licensed. That site just lists what's in Kadokawa Pictures USA's portfolio... notice that Haruhi, Karin, FMP-TSR and The Third are listed there as well.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post

Closed Thread