AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-03-04, 15:33   Link #1
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Pita Ten Questions [Spoilers?]

I recently just started watching Pita Ten and so far I really enjoy the anime. I got a question that's been on my mind when I finished watching episode 3... or was it 4? I forget which one it was, but it was where Shia broke her staff. Does her staff have any significant importance?
Old 2004-03-04, 15:51   Link #2
babbito2k
annoying white bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering_Youth
I recently just started watching Pita Ten and so far I really enjoy the anime. I got a question that's been on my mind when I finished watching episode 3... or was it 4? I forget which one it was, but it was where Shia broke her staff. Does her staff have any significant importance?
I am glad to hear you are enjoying the show.

Nothing of any importance happens to Shia until much later in the series. I don't specifically remember the scene you mention but I can assure you that it is nothing to be too concerned about.
Old 2004-03-04, 17:47   Link #3
flammie
White Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering_Youth
I haven't watched the series in a long time, but from what I gather from vol 1 of the manga, it seems to have some adverse affect on Misha and Ten-chan (forget his name). Once it was broken, they could interact normally with Shia.
Old 2004-03-05, 03:18   Link #4
StarCreator
HnK founding lunatic

The manga story can't really be correlated to the anime story in this fashion. They've proven themselves to be VERY different - Shia's personality and motivations especially.

In the anime, the staff doesn't really seem to have any importance whatsoever. It just made it impossible for her to carry it around all the time. =P
Old 2004-03-05, 03:27   Link #5
Wandering_Youth

Is that so? I thought breaking her staff caused her to lose her powers or changed her personality. The scene where she broke her staff seemed so dramatic that I thought it was an important item for Shia. Oh yeah, Star I like your group subbing for Pita Ten, although the font colors are a little hard to see.
Old 2004-03-05, 10:53   Link #6
marin

Is it true that the Pita Ten manga is a lot darker than the anime and characters and people actually die?
Old 2004-03-05, 11:37   Link #7
KoroshiyaX
X

How was Shia in the manga? in the anime she was 100% genki. LOL
Old 2004-03-05, 16:42   Link #8
flammie
White Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoroshiyaX
How was Shia in the manga? in the anime she was 100% genki. LOL
I think you're talking about Misha.
Old 2004-03-05, 20:12   Link #9
marin

Yeah Shia was like the shyest person on earth in the anime.

Kinda had self-esteem issues.
Old 2004-03-06, 02:55   Link #10
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

The manga of Pita Ten is much, MUCH darker than the anime.

It starts off all happy go lucky, but after vol4, it starts becoming darker and darker.

The manga version goes much deeper into the story than the anime (mainly because the anime had to end when the manga was still running). It finally explains just what is going on with Misha, Shia and Kotarou.

It gets really, really sad later on
Old 2004-03-06, 03:09   Link #11
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

Pitaten is one of my favorite animes. There's a manga about it? Damn, I didn't know about its existence until now. I'll try to find it the next time I visit the local manga store. Just curious, how sad does it get in the manga? Let me guess:
Spoiler:
Old 2004-03-06, 03:49   Link #12
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muir Woods
Pitaten is one of my favorite animes. There's a manga about it? Damn, I didn't know about its existence until now. I'll try to find it the next time I visit the local manga store. Just curious, how sad does it get in the manga? Let me guess:
Spoiler:
Pretty friggin huge spoilers here:

Spoiler:
Old 2004-03-06, 03:59   Link #13
Wandering_Youth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot
Pretty friggin huge spoilers here:

Spoiler:
Whoa that's a really sad ending! Is this for the manga or the anime?
Old 2004-03-06, 11:22   Link #14
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Manga. The anime only reaches up to around vol 4 of the manga.
Old 2004-03-10, 00:38   Link #15
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Pita Ten - What an amazing anime!

For an anime targeted to kids, I have to say I seriously am enjoying this anime!! Took me a while to get to it, and at first I was kinda aprehensive about watching it, but in the 12 episodes I've seen so far I've laughed my butt off, and become very attached to the charecters! Plus, for those who look deeper, there's a LOT of really complex stuff built into this series. It's definately one that both kids and adults can enjoy. I'm very much amazed at how much of the story they've set up in 12 episodes already, and I still got 14 more to go!!

The whole "who's the devil/who's the angel" thing is very intriguing too. It's got me dying to see the ending to get answers to much of what I've see so far. The cat in there is a riot too. I think Misha-san and the little girl with the cat ears (I keep forgetting her name) are my two favorite charecters in there as well.

I definately feel that this is most certainly a family anime. The kids would love the humor and grade school level antics, the adults would love the mystery and complexity that's very well placed in each episode. At some points there seems to be an entirely new plot twist every 5 minutes that really adds to the mystery and story as a whole.

If you haven't downloaded and seen this anime yet, by all means, do so. It's a major 10 in my book so far and will definately be added to my list of top scoring animes! Oh, and the opening song and animation is great too. I love it.
Old 2004-03-10, 02:24   Link #16
babbito2k
annoying white bat

"the little girl with the cat ears"-->You mean the classmate, Koboshi? Shia totally makes this show for me, she is too cute for words. Her cat is actually the best character in the show...

This show has a lot of good points. I enjoyed the relationships of the characters. I was not very concerned with what-all was going on; apparently the manga is a bit different.
Old 2004-03-10, 09:04   Link #17
Newton

Send a message via ICQ to Newton
Pita Ten is truly a very cute anime I liked Misha the most, although Shia is indeed very cute, too.

If your are looking for a deeper and more serious style, i highly recommend you the Pita Ten manga, i think it is even much better than the anime, and i really love Koge-Donbo's art
Old 2004-03-10, 12:28   Link #18
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

The anime doesn't answer any questions (since the manga was still running at the time).

Get the manga to find out just what the heck is really going on
Old 2004-03-10, 14:15   Link #19
Wandering_Youth

Glad to see someone else enjoying the anime as much as I have. I like both Shia and Misha because they both have personalities that l like, and they have such cute PJs.
Old 2004-03-10, 14:26   Link #20
StarCreator
HnK founding lunatic

I would think PitaTen is more for the "teens that love cute" category than the little kids. Especially if you're going by the manga.

The anime seemed enjoyable at first, but quickly dropped to episode after episode of pointless fluff. Combined with Shia's "dumb as a brick" characterization in the anime, it really lost my interest. You're better off reading the manga.

Tags
comedy, loli, magical girl, shounen