AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2006-02-01, 18:39   Link #81
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishbait
Except it wasn't an debate. It was a casual remark as he was walking into the room.

Sengoku, who scorned at Donflamingo for trying to start a fight, is not gonna start an argument with Mihawk over something so trivia.

No Mihawk was correct "Two conflicting groups of equal power having a roundtable meeting seems to be entirely meaningless". Mihawk is not the type of man who would say things that were not meant to be said. That quote right their was the truth.

I doubt Oda would not have Mihawk say that for no reason at all. Like when Luffy told Ener himself "that their are many stronger men in the seas than you". (It's the truth)
Phenomenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-01, 20:27   Link #82
Fishbait

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Phenomenol
No Mihawk was correct "Two conflicting groups of equal power having a roundtable meeting seems to be entirely meaningless". Mihawk is not the type of man who would say things that were not meant to be said. That quote right their was the truth.

I doubt Oda would not have Mihawk say that for no reason at all. Like when Luffy told Ener himself "that their are many stronger men in the seas than you". (It's the truth)
Not really, that's only your opinion. I dont see why you're trying to shove it down people's throat as cold facts.
Fishbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-01, 20:45   Link #83
Phenomenal
Banned

Quote:
Not really, that's only your opinion. I dont see why you're trying to shove it down people's throat as cold facts.
It's not my opinion, I am not Shoving anything down anyone's throat. It was simply stated in the Manga and Anime. I guess Oda is shoving it down your throats.
Old 2006-02-01, 21:04   Link #84
Fishbait

Quote:
It's not my opinion, I am not Shoving anything down anyone's throat. It was simply stated in the Manga and Anime. I guess Oda is shoving it down your throats.
Nope, it's just your opnion.
Fishbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-02, 14:28   Link #85
Phenomenal
Banned

Quote:
Nope, it's just your opnion.
So something that was in the Manga and anime is just my opinion?. Please reread the Manga or watch some episodes. It will help you out alot for later discussions.
Old 2006-02-03, 03:51   Link #86
GundamZZ
残念美人

The opinion no talking back is sign of weakness is funny indeed. Then, CP9's leader is strongest in his organization, because he has the last word in the argument. Then, there is no need to fight. All they have to do is talking. Luffy can win 3 admirals instantly.

My speculation is that strongest guy is silver fox. He has best crew(the best sailors from all other crews), and they are all loyal to him. It meant he has the great leadership. His time slowing power is almost like time freezing. Plus he has good punch. He can own all opponents easily. What can his opponents when they can barely move. His weakness is he has ego problem, and it gives his opponents chance to beat him.

The second strongest guy would be that thunder guy. He can whip out entire world with thunder strike. Although the rubber man is immune to his thunder, he still causes the great damage to the rubber man. His thunder power is like telekinesis. It can move metals(ship, spike). It's very convenient when traveling.

The third strongest guys would be the sand pirate. Of course, there are other people who are stronger. However, few of them have proven their power in combat. So, other guys' power are intangible. The discussion of intangible will lead no where. The sand pirate is strong because he can destroy the country by desert storm. Not even Navy has such destructive power. He can dehydrate his opponents. He also uses poison in combat. It makes him hard to ignore.

The ice admiral would be #4. He can feeze the ocean. If Ace the fireuser has to fight him, he needs greater power. To stand the chance to be evenly match, the fireuser needs to cause the ocean boiled at least.

The #5 is Luffy. He's strong because he always make dashing come back.
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-03, 13:22   Link #87
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids

You never heard of Whitebeard, Ace, and the three supreme vice admirals have you along with Sengoku? Your speculation is a bit outdated and obsolete.

Especially when the fox guy's ability is dodgeable and that his punch is pretty average overall.

EDIT: This guy would get pwned by any member of CP9 much less Enel, the higher ups of the Marines, and who knows what the unseen members of Shikibuchai are capable of. The weakest member of CP9 would take out Foxy in less than 5 minutes. And Mihawk as well.
Quote:
My speculation is that strongest guy is silver fox. He has best crew(the best sailors from all other crews), and they are all loyal to him. It meant he has the great leadership. His time slowing power is almost like time freezing. Plus he has good punch. He can own all opponents easily. What can his opponents when they can barely move. His weakness is he has ego problem, and it gives his opponents chance to beat him.
Where did it say he has the best crew in blue sea? The guy just simply has alot of sailors. Don Krieg has dozens of ships within in his fleet but of course that was taken out easily. Foxy simply has the guys he has by "cheating" in a game where he is pretty much screwed in combat unless he is fighting on his fight and even then so many characters would still pwn this guy.

Last edited by neodrag38; 2006-02-03 at 14:44.
neodrag38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-03, 14:03   Link #88
Phenomenal
Banned

Yeah Neodrag I agree with you it is obvious GundamZZ has never heard of any of those characters you just mentioned. We all know Whitebeard is the Strongest but we have yet to see all the Shichibukai most importantly Mihawk, Red Haired Shanks, hell Blackbeard could be among the elite. We have to wait for their powers to be revealed.

I wishsome people would stop saying that Ener is one of the strongest characters ever in One Piece. Luffy said it himeself "Their are many more powerful men in the Seas than Ener". Episode 183 where Ener merged Luffy's arm with the Golden ball.
Old 2006-02-03, 14:08   Link #89
Illuyankas
I need another drink.

He may not be the hardest, but eating an elemental fruit pretty much confers instant badass status on people. Everyone else we've seen with one is up there in the lists - Ace, Aokiji - and if Luffy wasn't a non-conductor, he'd be screwed.

Yes, I know it's an old argument, but seeing as no-one but Luffy and other elemental users can attack him, I'd say he's pretty hard.
Illuyankas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-03, 14:39   Link #90
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids

Quote:
I wishsome people would stop saying that Ener is one of the strongest characters ever in One Piece. Luffy said it himeself "Their are many more powerful men in the Seas than Ener". Episode 183 where Ener merged Luffy's arm with the Golden ball.
Except that many shouldn't be considered to mean most of nor even half of the entirety. It's clear that you aren't gonna find more than 30 people at most with Enel's level of power and ability. And I still don't remember Luffy saying this. Could you give the exact chapter and page number much less that I don't see the point in Luffy uttering this comment since he shouldn't be an expert on the subject.
Old 2006-02-03, 15:03   Link #91
Mazus

Quote:
Originally Posted by neodrag38
Except that many shouldn't be considered to mean most of nor even half of the entirety. It's clear that you aren't gonna find more than 30 people at most with Enel's level of power and ability. And I still don't remember Luffy saying this. Could you give the exact chapter and page number much less that I don't see the point in Luffy uttering this comment since he shouldn't be an expert on the subject.

Chapter 282 when Enel goes on about how nobody in the entire world can oppose him.
Mazus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-03, 15:54   Link #92
Phenomenal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazus
Chapter 282 when Enel goes on about how nobody in the entire world can oppose him.
Yes Mazus thankyou Also in episode 183 Luffy says those Lines. Luffy has seen the Likes of Powerful Pirates like Mihawk, Shanks, Crocodile, Smoker, Ace, Dragon etc. I believe If Ener were in the seas he would not be a top tier Character too many powerful men in the seas.

Here is the link to that Scene Neodrag.

http://groups.msn.com/OnePieceMangav...o&PhotoID=5737
Old 2006-02-03, 16:01   Link #93
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids

I'm sorry but Luffy saying that there are a lot more monstrous individuals than Enel is stating an obvious rather than commenting that Enel's level of ability is simply that of a daily average. It remains that not that many individuals in Blue Sea have Enel's level of power. And Luffy has never even met Dragon. And that etc. at the end isn't needed since Luffy never encountered Aokiji and those after till after the end of the Skypiea arc.

Thanks for the link though.
Old 2006-02-03, 16:21   Link #94
Phenomenal
Banned

Quote:
I'm sorry but Luffy saying that there are a lot more monstrous individuals than Enel is stating an obvious rather than commenting that Enel's level of ability is simply that of a daily average. It remains that not that many individuals in Blue Sea have Enel's level of power. And Luffy has never even met Dragon. And that etc. at the end isn't needed since Luffy never encountered Aokiji and those after till after the end of the Skypiea arc.

Thanks for the link though.
Neodrag, Let me help you finish Luffy's quote "In this world there are alot of people in the Blue Sea, there are alot of Monstrous guys to defeat Someone like you!." It does not remain that Enel is more powerful than the High Profile Characters of the Blue Seas. Luffy Fought and Seen some of these Monsters he is talking about in action. Mihawk, Shanks, Crocodile, Smoker. Do I have to name characters like The Three Admirals, Sengoku, Whitebeard, Ace, Doflamingo. These men are on another level Ener will simply be Defeated if he were to go into the Seas.

That Quote says it all. Luffy could not have said it better.
Old 2006-02-03, 16:50   Link #95
Illuyankas
I need another drink.

Alright, If you are made of lightning swords will not work. Unless they have some special abilities we haven't seen yet, Mihawk and Shanks will lose, Ace, Smoker and Crocodile (Aokiji maybe) will draw and we don't know enough about Whitebeard and Sengoku's powers to judge. Doflamingo would probably win 1-on-1 unless ambushed, and Aokiji would fare better than most, but the simple fact that he is an elemental Fruit user means Ener is REALLY powerful, even in the Blue Seas.
Old 2006-02-03, 17:46   Link #96
Phenomenal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illuyankas
Alright, If you are made of lightning swords will not work. Unless they have some special abilities we haven't seen yet, Mihawk and Shanks will lose, Ace, Smoker and Crocodile (Aokiji maybe) will draw and we don't know enough about Whitebeard and Sengoku's powers to judge. Doflamingo would probably win 1-on-1 unless ambushed, and Aokiji would fare better than most, but the simple fact that he is an elemental Fruit user means Ener is REALLY powerful, even in the Blue Seas.
No he is not, all of those characters that you have mentioned will Smash Ener. Ener in the Blue Seas will not survive. Luffy could not beat the characters you just mentioned yet he defeated Ener. Ener is very overrated and will not be a High Profile character in the Seas. Their are plenty of Elemental fruit users more powerful than Ener that have been beaten by people like Zoro, Dragon and Crocodile.

Shanks and Mihawk will definetly beat Ener with no problem. Shanks and Mihawk are Swordsman above Zoro and Zoro himself will kill Ener one on one. Have you guys ever seen Zoro cut "Steel and the Breath of All Things". Enough said. Shanks and Mihawk are Arguably (behind Whitebeard) one of the most powerful pirates in the seas.
Old 2006-02-03, 18:02   Link #97
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids

Quote:
Neodrag, Let me help you finish Luffy's quote "In this world there are alot of people in the Blue Sea, there are alot of Monstrous guys to defeat Someone like you!." It does not remain that Enel is more powerful than the High Profile Characters of the Blue Seas. Luffy Fought and Seen some of these Monsters he is talking about in action. Mihawk, Shanks, Crocodile, Smoker. Do I have to name characters like The Three Admirals, Sengoku, Whitebeard, Ace, Doflamingo. These men are on another level Ener will simply be Defeated if he were to go into the Seas.

That Quote says it all. Luffy could not have said it better.
And you seem to forget that I'm not actually disagreeing with you. That it remains that the men you speak being above Enel are an exceptional few; not the daily average. And I didn't see no "of" before the monstrous part in what Luffy said. It should be clear that from the link you yourself produced that what you are doing is misquoting what Luffy said. Luffy simply rebutted Enel's comment that no one could ever challenge his all in his simplisitic way of doing things when it comes to a heated moment at times. Much less that it seems that his comment was more a matter of him making clear that he doesn't consider himself that strong in comparison to certain others in Blue Sea, at least not enough for Enel to say that getting him out of the way would be getting out of the way the strongest in the world.

You don't have to name the characters like the The Three Supreme Vice Admirals, Sengoku, Whitebeard, and Donflamingo since he has never encountered them. His statement at the time of the Skypiea arc wouldn't involve these individuals being on his mind at the moment.
Quote:
Their are plenty of Elemental fruit users more powerful than Ener that have been beaten by people like Zoro, Dragon and Crocodile.
Which logia type users do you speak of that were beaten by people like Zoro, Dragon, and Crocodile? You're gonna have to rephrase that remark of yours. And it should be clear that logia users should be quite that of a rarity, especially in comparison to the amount of paramecia and zoan.

Last edited by neodrag38; 2006-02-03 at 18:12.
Old 2006-02-03, 18:11   Link #98
Phenomenal
Banned

Quote:
And you seem to forget that I'm not actually disagreeing with you. That it remains that the men you speak being above Enel are an exceptional few; not the daily average. And I didn't see no "of" before the monstrous part in what Luffy said. It should be clear that from the link you yourself produced that what you are doing is misquoting what Luffy said. Luffy simply rebutted Enel's comment that no one could ever challenge his all in his simplisitic way of doing things when it comes to a heated moment at times.

You don't have to name the characters like the The Three Supreme Vice Admirals, Sengoku, Whitebeard, and Donflamingo since he has never encountered them. His statement at the time of the Skypiea arc wouldn't involve these individuals being on his mind at the moment.

Which logia type users do you speak of that were beaten by people like Zoro, Dragon, and Crocodile? You're gonna have to rephrase that remark of yours. And it should be clear that logia users should be quite that of a rarity, especially in comparison to the amount of paramecia and zoan.
Sorry, Neodrag I meant to say that Zoro with his Breath of all things can defeat many logia users. Including Ener!
Old 2006-02-03, 18:15   Link #99
Illuyankas
I need another drink.

Quote:
No he is not, all of those characters that you have mentioned will Smash Ener. Ener in the Blue Seas will not survive. Luffy could not beat the characters you just mentioned yet he defeated Ener. Ener is very overrated and will not be a High Profile character in the Seas. Their are plenty of Elemental fruit users more powerful than Ener that have been beaten by people like Zoro, Dragon and Crocodile.
Who? Smoker is AS powerful as Ener, e.g neither can hurt the other, I don't class the metal guy as elemental, and who did Crocodile beat? Mr. 3? Wax is not an element. Hmm, Dragon vs. Ener - storm vs lightning, though we need more Dragon info.

Quote:
Shanks and Mihawk will definetly beat Ener with no problem. Shanks and Mihawk are Swordsman above Zoro and Zoro himself will kill Ener one on one. Have you guys ever seen Zoro cut "Steel and the Breath of All Things". Enough said. Shanks and Mihawk are Arguably (behind Whitebeard) one of the most powerful pirates in the seas.
Er, Zoro tried to defeat Ener. AND LOST. All you've said is that they 'can easily defeat him'. HOW? The whole 'steel cutting thing'... He's not made of matter, he's made of ENERGY. LIGHT. Try cutting light, it doesn't work. Unless Shanks or Mihawk can attack energy or use seastone to trap him, they're screwed.

The only reason Luffy beat Ener is the non-conductivity of his body. Whitebeard must have some logia-defense beyond personality, otherwise Ace would be in charge. Maybe Shanks and Mihawk have something similar. We don't know.

Ener is still really damn hard, and you'll have to do a better job of convincing me otherwise than you've done so far.
Old 2006-02-03, 18:16   Link #100
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids

Quote:
Sorry, Neodrag I meant to say that Zoro with his Breath of all things can defeat many logia users.
See the "have been" part is that of a past tense usage in grammar and clearly since we haven't seen Zoro neither Dragon nor Crocodile beat any logia types I was a bit confused on what you were trying to say. And that saying that Zoro can defeat many logia users simply because of the breath is speculation of what can happen in the future rather than the present. Zoro didn't seem to think it would be possible for him to cut Enel so it makes the idea a bit doubtful but who knows where things will lead I guess though it remains that logia users don't all just simply stand to get hit like Crocodile did in his overconfident manner.