Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-08-31, 16:55   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Lovedol ~Lovely Idol~ (TV)

Genre: Romance

Expected Release Date: October, 2006

I practically know nothing about this series. The character design looks attractive and the genre states the show is about romance which is good enough reason for me to look forward to. The cast of seiyuus are a formidable one in this one. They are Sakaki Kanoko as Ruri Fujisawa, Hideki Ogiwara as Tomohiro Fugisawa (the designated dude, Itsuki from Shuffle who always wanted a harem ), Minori Chihara (also voiced Yuki in Suzumiya Haruhi and sang the ending theme) as Houjou Hina, Nakahara Mai as Kiryuu Kotoha, Goto Tomoko (one of my most favorite VA) as Nekoya Miu, Momoi Haruko as Nonomiya Mai, and Nogawa Sakura as Sakaki Mizuki. From the make up of the cast alone I'll hazard a guess this is the type of shows where all girls will go for one dude (more than likely, an unworthy one ).

Couldn't find a synopsis anywhere. Will update when I do find one.

Last edited by monir; 2006-08-31 at 20:23. Reason: updated website url thanks to Relentlessflame!!!!
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-31, 17:02   Link #2
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Oh for the love of God, PLEASE don't let that same production staff who did Soul Link be involved in this!

I'll be alright if it's done by asread.
darkchibi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-31, 17:08   Link #3
monir
cho~ kakkoii

The production companies listed under this show are Princess Soft, AIC, and TNK. As far as is known, none of those production companies were invloved with Soul Link.
Old 2006-08-31, 17:25   Link #4
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

i think navel should renew their drawing style a bit. all the series are starting to mush together.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-31, 19:39   Link #5
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Actually, the site linked to there is for Navel's Lovely Idol spin-off short stories being published in Magical Cute magazine - the anime website is actually here. This isn't actually a Navel production, but based on a game by Princess Soft (who also did Final Approach, among many others). The character designer now works for Navel, so that's why the short stories got migrated over there (and that's why the drawing style looks the same). The first episode is scheduled to air on AT-X at least on the 24th of October, but it may air earlier on other networks. There'll also be a prologue DVD being released on October 18th.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-31, 20:31   Link #6
monir
cho~ kakkoii

I have updated the website in the opening post and edited the release date to October 2006 since there is some confusion about its exact date of airing. Thanks relentless!
Old 2006-09-01, 00:33   Link #7
Mughi
Wordy b@stard

Lots of flowing hair.... Looks like a box of pastel coated candies!
Mughi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-01, 02:27   Link #8
CaiSter21

wat!
no blue!!!
CaiSter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-01, 12:13   Link #9
DaFool
Resident devil

There is blue...it just looks silver here. Go to the website.

No green M&Ms!
DaFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-01, 13:42   Link #10
CaiSter21

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFool
There is blue...it just looks silver here. Go to the website.

No green M&Ms!
oh!
i see now

and btw, does anyone else notice that the 2 upper left character's faces look very similar, if not identical?
CaiSter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-15, 13:24   Link #11
eggplant
Eggplant

I've upped a 5 minute trailer of Lovedol ~Lovely Idol~ here, with staff interviews, including the original art illustrator and character designer, Nishimata Aoi, known for her designs for SHUFFLE!.

There's also a brief scene of the seiyuus doing the dubs, including the Suzumiya Haruhi combination of Gotou Yuuko and Chihara Monori.

Yuri de yuri de yuriyuri ne!--Tsunomoto Rein

eggplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-15, 17:05   Link #12
Marvel
Demon-Fox Inside©

I hope this anime series will be good just as Shuffle or maybe Soul Link, Lemon Angels was reasoble good but I hope this gets as good as Shuffle (this time no insane girls included ?!). I really like Nishimate Aoi her work that she's done for this series and a number of eroge.

But I think this one can be turn out really nice with some famous seiyuu for the main characters in this anime .
Marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-15, 22:34   Link #13
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Heh, there's many reasons as to why Love dol is going to be one hell of a series - just to name a few, Haruko Momoi & Nishimata Aoi. <3
Old 2006-09-16, 10:30   Link #14
Scribble
Sloth

Send a message via MSN to Scribble
This doesn't seem like a straightforward classic harem - a pity, because the character designs aren't bad. It would be good if we had a "which girl will the main lead pic" scenario, which SHUFFLE was good at doing (i.e. it wasn't clear which girl Rin would go for right at the start)
Old 2006-09-16, 10:37   Link #15
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by potatochobit
i think navel should renew their drawing style a bit. all the series are starting to mush together.
I'd be inclined to agree. Navel have a distinct style, but the style tends to be basically the same across every series. I can easily see Kaede in a number of the girls in that picture for example.

Still, it's something I shall look forward to seeing
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-16, 13:46   Link #16
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiosity
I'd be inclined to agree. Navel have a distinct style, but the style tends to be basically the same across every series. I can easily see Kaede in a number of the girls in that picture for example.
As I mentioned earlier, this story isn't by Navel at all - it's just because this is based on Nishimata Aoi's character designs. I'm sure Princess Soft (Final Approach, Lovely Idol) and Navel (Shuffle, etc.) commissioned her work because of its distinctive look (and, maybe partly because of it, so much of her work ends up resulting in anime series). So, in any case, it's not Navel's style, but it's the character designer - the game here wasn't even made by Navel.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-16, 14:10   Link #17
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame
Nishimata Aoi's character designs
Yeah I know, which Navel used. Either way, the designs are too samey. I've got a bunch of her images on my hard disk and the faces are all pretty much identical (more so than most anime characters). We know funky hair colours and styles are used to differentiate between characters, but I find that even that doesn't do much with her particular style of drawing.
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-17, 05:56   Link #18
RunningTARGET
Bishoujo sweet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiosity
Yeah I know, which Navel used. Either way, the designs are too samey. I've got a bunch of her images on my hard disk and the faces are all pretty much identical (more so than most anime characters). We know funky hair colours and styles are used to differentiate between characters, but I find that even that doesn't do much with her particular style of drawing.

Same could be said for a lot of character designers, Its their distinctive style after all. Its just like relentless said, Aoi's stuff just seems to be converted to anime alot more often now.
RunningTARGET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-17, 06:14   Link #19
martino
makes no files now

Another romance series for me to watch no matter how crap it will be
Old 2006-09-17, 08:40   Link #20
kct

Send a message via MSN to kct
I don't think it will be that crappy, since most likely Avex is banking a lot on it. I mean, considering the company they are...
kct is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aic, comedy, drama, enterbrain, idol, princess soft, romance, slice of life, tnk