AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2003-11-10, 11:16   Link #1
felicityfish

Question Hikaru no Go

Will "Hikaru no Go" continue be released?
It is about 1 year that the ep.10 has been released.
felicityfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-10, 11:19   Link #2
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven

Did you check this thread?

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=324
Old 2003-11-10, 11:32   Link #3
felicityfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by AST
em~ I've read that before....
but I'm just wondoring the fansub group had given up the project or not.
felicityfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-10, 11:46   Link #4
cf18
Mecha Pilot

Actually is has been 7 months since the last episode (75) released. It used to be considered licensed but it was a mistake. If you want episodes beyond those seeded by AnimeTorrents you may need to use other resources such as IRC and ed2k.
cf18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-10, 11:46   Link #5
K_R
also known as K!

You are _so_ helpful AST. Really.

All of HnG has been subbed. I don't know what's happening with the license. Last I heard, only the manga was licensed and the anime license was a misunderstanding.
K_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-10, 12:37   Link #6
LynnieS

There was a thread back in the original forums when the earlier HnG episodes were put back as torrents. Basically, if I remember correctly, you'll have to wait till AT gets to that point.

Edit - Why were my words in white?
LynnieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-04, 17:32   Link #7
White_Rabbit
What more can I say?

Send a message via ICQ to White_Rabbit
special eps

well this is somehow related to this thread. I was just wandering when in the serie i should wacth those 2 special eps or does it really matter?
White_Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-04, 18:02   Link #8
ato
Oups...

The special takes place after the series ends. This thread talks a bit more about it (Beware of spoilers some insensitive people have put up though)
ato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-04, 18:53   Link #9
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_Rabbit
well this is somehow related to this thread. I was just wandering when in the serie i should wacth those 2 special eps or does it really matter?
Are you talking about the Specials (the torrent was just released today). We have a little more info about them on the Hikaru no Go torrents page.

If so, then as far as I'm aware the New Year Special fits between eps 12 and 13. The Special Edition is a variant of ep 64 (I have no idea why it is called a Special Edition, it may be a parody version for all I know). There is also a 22 second untranslated clip of Umezawa Yukari (she is the Go sensei normally featured at the end of each episode).

I think the answer ato gave relates to the (new, unaired) Special we are expecting soon.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-04, 21:52   Link #10
Ookla The Mok

The new 90-minute special was aired this past Saturday. I watched it. It follows the manga pretty closely to the end of the Hokuto Cup selection tournament.

The episode 64 variant--originally this episode was made before the series started, for Jump Festa, like the Naruto special. Then Hotta Yumi used the story for her Sai sidestory in volume 18. And then they remade it slightly into episode 64 of the anime.
Ookla The Mok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-05, 17:12   Link #11
Cammie
Smooth and Curvy...

Well..... I thought HNG was licensed also so I went ahead and bought the dvd set!
SIGH!!! Oh! Well! it was worth it!! excellent series..... maybe I should have waited for the specials?
Cammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-05, 17:42   Link #12
DrWho2002
Fushigi Mystery!! @_@

There is no DVD set for HnG, unless you went and bought bootlegs, in which case you've just thrown your money away. Plus those DVD's probably wouldn't have the specials either.
DrWho2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-05, 18:33   Link #13
Cammie
Smooth and Curvy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWho2002
There is no DVD set for HnG, unless you went and bought bootlegs, in which case you've just thrown your money away. Plus those DVD's probably wouldn't have the specials either.
Edit by Mod (xris) Link to bootleg anime removed. Sorry this is a pirate copy

OK! buddy... if you don't believe me then heres the link! If this is a bootleg.... then its a pretty damn good one! Its imported and the translations are excellent!!! I recommend this company! Nearly, most of my dvd sets are from them and thats quite a large collection! GEEZ.......... I think my money was well spent!!!! as for the special I rather see it first, then purchase it! Sometimes special are not worth it!! For example Fushigi Yugi that was a awsome anime but the specials were so-so! (BTW.. this came with all the specials and then some! ) I could have lived without watching it! You put my panties in a wad!!!

Last edited by xris; 2004-01-05 at 19:17. Reason: removed bootleg link
Old 2004-01-05, 18:42   Link #14
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Several ways to find out if a DVD is a bootleg (at least what I know from the back alleys of Akihabara):

A. If there is a Chinese subtitle and is region free, it is most certainly a bootleg
B. If the English copyright warning on the back has weird English misspellings, it is a bootleg
C. They usually have the same barcode number
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-05, 19:10   Link #15
DrWho2002
Fushigi Mystery!! @_@

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammie

OK! buddy... if you don't believe me then heres the link! If this is a bootleg.... then its a pretty damn good one! Its imported and the translations are excellent!!! I recommend this company! Nearly, most of my dvd sets are from them and thats quite a large collection! GEEZ.......... I think my money was well spent!!!! as for the special I rather see it first, then purchase it! Sometimes special are not worth it!! For example Fushigi Yugi that was a awsome anime but the specials were so-so! (BTW.. this came with all the specials and then some! ) I could have lived without watching it! You put my panties in a wad!!!
The link you posted sells bootlegs for Hikaru no Go. They're all bootlegs in that link. Just because it's imported doesn't mean it's legit. Your money has all gone to thieves and criminals and nothing went to the creators of the anime you like so much. How does that make you feel?

Last edited by DrWho2002; 2004-01-05 at 20:09.
DrWho2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-05, 19:13   Link #16
Dark Zero

Send a message via AIM to Dark Zero
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWho2002
The link you posted sells bootlegs for Hikaru no Go. They're all bootlegs in that link. Just because it's imported doesn't mean it's legit. Your money has all gone to thieves and criminals and nothing went to the creators of the anime you like so much. How does that make you feel?

How do you feel d/ling anime instead of buying it rather then give money to its creators?
Dark Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-05, 19:16   Link #17
Cammie
Smooth and Curvy...

HA! see............................ Buddy, don't start with me!!! what I do with my money is my business! and to stay on topic HnK l liked the series so much so I bought it!
Old 2004-01-05, 19:21   Link #18
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammie
HA! see............................ Buddy, don't start with me!!!
Cammie, you have purchased a bootleg, you will have to accept it. It's up to you how you decide to spend your money, you can give it away to bootleggers or help support the hobby you enjoy by purchasing the official releases.

Can we please stop this argument now!
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-06, 08:53   Link #19
Dwaryn

if that special ends just before the north star cup, then there's probably a huge chance that it'll get another special or ova or something that'll conclude the tournament and the series.. sounds good
Dwaryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-07, 23:43   Link #20
Huoniu

Send a message via AIM to Huoniu
So have any groups decided to sub this HnG special?
Huoniu is offline   Reply With Quote