AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-04-26, 13:34   Link #221
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Chaos is right. It's been going a lot smoother after the first bit. I've also been having it much easier as a Melee more than Hybrid.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-27, 07:26   Link #222
Sides

Got the PC version, so I started a few days back.
Things that bugs me are,
-the game is cap at 60fps
-to quit the game, the game itself logs out and then you have to go pass the press start screen to quit the game =~=
-there is no option to adjust FOV
-animation scaling (Try to hitting enemies from afar. They will move like a stop motion animation).
-default key bindings, iirc to jump you have to press the mouse wheel key and something else!?!
The PC version itself seems to use scaling for its graphics by default, unless you switch it off. However i'm not entirely sure what auto options are actually switched off.

I'm still at the beginning and rerolled my character a few time, and it seem that only the deprived is fun to play. With all the other classes you can stream-roll everything with default/starting equipment until reach the Heide’s Tower of Flame. At that point I rerolled my characters, so you could probably go further than that.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-27, 08:11   Link #223
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Anyone know where I should head after I
Spoiler:
Old 2014-04-27, 08:17   Link #224
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
Anyone know where I should head after I
Spoiler:
That's two separate paths

You have three options:

Spoiler:
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-27, 19:00   Link #225
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

I didn't even know that. I got past
Spoiler:

Thanks.

EDIT: Regarding Old Dragonslayer... is that who I think it is?
Old 2014-04-27, 22:18   Link #226
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
I didn't even know that. I got past
Spoiler:

Thanks.

Yes, yes it is.

So I have reached Iron Keep (sound like a place out of Game of Thrones) and was getting destroyed by the archers and soldiers, guess it must be becaise I'm still rocking my stock swordsman hoodie and top. Really thinkjng about going down the hole in Majula or reviving the woman that's petrified close to Majula.

Such an awsome game.
Old 2014-04-27, 23:42   Link #227
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

^That's really awesome that it is "him" He was kind of easy a couple of tries later, but it makes sense sort of.

I'm getting owned here in no man's wharf. I might try another route.
Old 2014-04-27, 23:52   Link #228
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
^That's really awesome that it is "him" He was kind of easy a couple of tries later, but it makes sense sort of.

I'm getting owned here in no man's wharf. I might try another route.
Yes, it's pretty cool that it is "him".

No man's wharf, I hate that place I say keep trying, there you find two great rings (one behind a bookshelf and the other you have to break a wall where the vikings are resting on the table), and a pyromancy flame (right afrer defeating the boss). To make it easier find a Pharos Lockstone it helps a lot.
Old 2014-04-27, 23:58   Link #229
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

^Thanks. I'll keep pushing on then.

Do you have a good souls farming spot? The a lot of the giants do not spawn anymore, so it takes longer.
Old 2014-04-28, 00:11   Link #230
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:

It could be him, or it could just be someone who wore his armor, use his spear, and carry his old ring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Yes, yes it is.

So I have reached Iron Keep (sound like a place out of Game of Thrones) and was getting destroyed by the archers and soldiers, guess it must be becaise I'm still rocking my stock swordsman hoodie and top. Really thinkjng about going down the hole in Majula or reviving the woman that's petrified close to Majula.

Such an awsome game.
Here's the thing, the Iron Keep is actually easier than those two places imo

Well, I can't really vouch for the gaping hole yet, but the space beyond the petrified woman is pretty tough for new comers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Yes, it's pretty cool that it is "him".

No man's wharf, I hate that place I say keep trying, there you find two great rings (one behind a bookshelf and the other you have to break a wall where the vikings are resting on the table), and a pyromancy flame (right afrer defeating the boss). To make it easier find a Pharos Lockstone it helps a lot.
There is also an Estus shard.

About no-man's wharf... The danger is that there are no 'checkpoint' bonfires for that location so if you die you have to do everything all over again. And while it's a relatively small area, it's very compact with lots of room clearing.

Quote:

Do you have a good souls farming spot? The a lot of the giants do not spawn anymore, so it takes longer.
Drop a soapstone sign outside bosses and farm them as phantoms- Not only would you gain 4-5 thousand souls a fight, but it helps you learn the bosses themselves and develop your skills for future bosses.
Old 2014-04-28, 00:25   Link #231
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Alright! Thanks.
Old 2014-04-28, 00:25   Link #232
Chosen_Hero

Quote:

Sadly no, since the enemies dissappear after a while it's not really a good idea to farm too much, unless you're willing to risk using a bonfire ascetic and having them respawn once again with the added effect of being stronger.

If you don't mind having all of your enemies dissappear then maybe No man's wharf at least until you reach Lost Bastille or the Windmill (here you can "Praise the Sun" with some "Jolly Cooperation", once you get there and find it you'll understand) both are two different kinds of hell but are good farming spots for the duration of your stay.

Oh and save your Boss soul's in Lost Bastille you can trade them for Boss weapons and Magic (I hear theres another one with a different set of weapons but I still don't know where I can find him/her), but it's a kinda hidden quest you have to undertake.

Damn Grave of Saints, why the hell does that keep happening.

Damn, ninjad by a better answer.
Old 2014-04-28, 00:31   Link #233
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Oh btw, if you use the normal soapstone, you'll get [token of fidelity] which you can use to join the blue sentinels. If you're in the Sunbro that's how you get sunlight medals.

However if you use the small soapstone, you'll get a [Smooth and Silky Stone] which you can use to trade in with the crows to hopefully get some upgrade mats. I would recommend using this if you're not planning to duel in the Sentinels or not leveling your Sunbro rank yet.
Old 2014-04-28, 00:33   Link #234
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

@Chosen: Nonetheless, thank you as well.

I am still in my imported Tunic since I think it looks badass and I want to keep as light as possible. In Dark Souls 1, I was always going heavy and simply cause of looks. That cost me severely because I did not learn to parry till I fought Pursuer.

EDIT: how do you join the Sun Covenant?
Old 2014-04-28, 00:47   Link #235
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

You don't need to parry the Pursuer to beat him

To join the Sun Covenant, you need to get to Harvest Valley, which is after Huntsman's Copse which is through that npc I told you about who switches the path for 2000 souls.
Old 2014-04-28, 00:51   Link #236
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

I was having a hard time with the dodging and getting impatient!
Old 2014-04-28, 00:57   Link #237
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Tips for fighting the Pursuer:

1. Bait that dashing attack, and roll to the right when he does and attack twice max.
2. Don't block his shield bash, it drains your stamina like crazy. Tank the dmg if you have to because it's relatively weak.
3. When he does his 3-hit combo with the stylish overhead spin slash, dodge forward and attack twice max.
4. When his sword glow blue, GTFO because it's unblockable and it instant curse you.
Old 2014-04-28, 01:09   Link #238
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Tips for fighting the Pursuer:

1. Bait that dashing attack, and roll to the right when he does and attack twice max.
2. Don't block his shield bash, it drains your stamina like crazy. Tank the dmg if you have to because it's relatively weak.
3. When he does his 3-hit combo with the stylish overhead spin slash, dodge forward and attack twice max.
4. When his sword glow blue, GTFO because it's unblockable and it instant curse you.
Or just use the ballistas to drop him to 2 health.
Old 2014-04-28, 01:13   Link #239
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Good luck positioning him in the right spot, parry him, run back to the ballista, and fire before he destroys said ballista Obviously it works better with a summoned phantom, but the same thing can be said if you summon anyway

Actually as a Phantom, I find myself an unwilling participant to the host's unnecessary plan to kill using ballista ALOT. That's how I usually died 50% of the time for that fight =_=

EDIT:

Oh btw, Kadokawa just bought From Software.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=809152
Old 2014-04-28, 01:20   Link #240
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Kadokawa owns just about everything in Japan.