AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2013-05-17, 03:57   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

To Aru Majutsu no Index - Anime-Only Q & A

This thread is for those of you with questions about the To Aru Majutsu no Index anime. There are many questions that don't need a whole thread to discuss them. A simple practical answer straight from the anime without any speculation can solve these connundrums. If someone has such a question about To Aru Majutsu no Index which can be solved by answering with facts from an official source, then please ask that question here.

Please don't post in this thread unless you are asking a question or answering one. Please remember that it only takes 1 person to answer a question. And don't speculate! You can only reply with cold, hard, merciliessly unforgivable facts. If you have to speculate, then please just tell the querrant that no answer is known, but here are some facts that might help him make up his own mind.

If you have a question about the Index novel or manga, please go here instead.

Make sure you use spoiler tags if your question is about the anime, manga, or any non-anime source. Untagged spoilers are risking a ban. There are two ways to create clearly marked spoiler tags, as shown in the following:

The easy way: By simply clicking on this icon which can be found in the Quick Reply or Reply to Thread template. This is how I create spoiler tags.
or
The macho way: By using those uber vB codes as shown in the following...

Spoiler Tag Example
[spoiler=title, i.e. your reason for the spoiler tag]Don't forget to use a title for the spoiler![/spoiler]
...becomes...
Spoiler for title:
Kairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-30, 20:37   Link #2
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Hey people!

I wanted to pick up this series (I watched the first few Episodes of Index looooong ago but stalled it), but I wanted to be clarified about one thing:

Is "Railgun" simply a side story where all the events happen the same ways as in Index (even if it may be "offscreen"), but with a different point of view, or are there any major changes? Also in what order should I watch the respective seasons of the main & side story?
Old 2013-06-30, 21:04   Link #3
Haigon

It's a side-story, Index and Railgun's interactions are mostly cameos from Index's protagonist (Kamijou Touma), there is sometimes when they are despicting the same arc in different perspectives.
Haigon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-30, 21:08   Link #4
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Same world, side story.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-30, 21:11   Link #5
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Thank you, so is there any order you would recommend to watch it? Should I watch index1, index2, railgun1, railgun2 or rather something like index1, railgun1, index2, railgun2? Or does it not really matter?
Old 2013-06-30, 21:14   Link #6
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
Thank you, so is there any order you would recommend to watch it? Should I watch index1, index2, railgun1, railgun2 or rather something like index1, railgun1, index2, railgun2? Or does it not really matter?
In the grand scheme of things it doesn't really matter, but if I had to choose, I would go with the latter.

Just a feeling I guess.
Old 2013-06-30, 21:23   Link #7
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Ok, thanks to both of you for your answers.
Old 2014-01-01, 17:09   Link #8
Goldzero

it seems like people receives sources that a new to aru series is going to come out this year but some say railgun is going to receive a 3rd season before index is that true?
Goldzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-01, 18:04   Link #9
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

People say a lot of things.

Rule #1, If it's not official with source don't believe it.
Old 2014-01-01, 19:18   Link #10
Goldzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
People say a lot of things.

Rule #1, If it's not official with source don't believe it.
im well aware of that but they seem to have found a source that says that. not sure if true because i been waiting for so long to see season 3 of index. hamazura needs hes time to shine.
Old 2014-01-01, 22:28   Link #11
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldzero View Post
im well aware of that but they seem to have found a source that says that. not sure if true because i been waiting for so long to see season 3 of index. hamazura needs hes time to shine.
Which source?
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-01, 22:40   Link #12
Goldzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Which source?
can't exactly remember where he got it. there was another guy who commented the same thing in the to aruxrailgun facebook page. still i wouldn't worry too much till the real source comes out since i assume it was a fake one.
Old 2014-07-09, 02:41   Link #13
WingsofFreedom

Greetings there,
I'm glad to join this forum, I'm actually new to To aru majutsu no index, and by finishing both seasons I was amazed by this anime, it eventually aroused many questions to me and few requests, so could someone tell me :

1- Will there be any possible chance for season 3 of To aru majutsu no index ? will it happen in 2015, 2016 or maybe until the Light Novel is completed ?

2- What is the difference between TAMNI's manga and the light novel ( or maybe difference between Light Novels and mangas generally ? )

3- Where can i find the Light novel's original material ? all i can find is only the English translation from a site but i cannot find the original copies or even translated versions of it ?

It would be very grateful if someone replied to me

Thanks
WingsofFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-09, 03:03   Link #14
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsofFreedom View Post
Greetings there,
I'm glad to join this forum, I'm actually new to To aru majutsu no index, and by finishing both seasons I was amazed by this anime, it eventually aroused many questions to me and few requests, so could someone tell me :

1- Will there be any possible chance for season 3 of To aru majutsu no index ? will it happen in 2015, 2016 or maybe until the Light Novel is completed ?
Chance? Yes. But nothing concrete has been announced atm so your guess is as good as ours.

Anything we say is just speculation.

Quote:
2- What is the difference between TAMNI's manga and the light novel ( or maybe difference between Light Novels and mangas generally ? )
Light Novels are pretty much 99% text, as their name suggests.

Specifically, the main difference between this Index LN and the manga is that the manga skipped two of the earlier arcs. Other minor differences is like the manga streamline the details while the LN is more nitty-gritty, there might also be tiny changes but nothing extreme outside of the previously mentioned.

Quote:
3- Where can i find the Light novel's original material ? all i can find is only the English translation from a site but i cannot find the original copies or even translated versions of it ?

It would be very grateful if someone replied to me

Thanks
We're not allow to discuss raw sources I'm afraid, beyond saying "purchase from a bookstore or shipping".
Old 2014-07-09, 04:05   Link #15
WingsofFreedom

Quote:
Chance? Yes. But nothing concrete has been announced atm so your guess is as good as ours.

Anything we say is just speculation.

Light Novels are pretty much 99% text, as their name suggests.

Specifically, the main difference between this Index LN and the manga is that the manga skipped two of the earlier arcs. Other minor differences is like the manga streamline the details while the LN is more nitty-gritty, there might also be tiny changes but nothing extreme outside of the previously mentioned.

We're not allow to discuss raw sources I'm afraid, beyond saying "purchase from a bookstore or shipping".
Greetings mate, Thanks for your reply, I felt sort of disappointment because of it , so that means Light novels has much more text than drawings ? like only 5 pages or something per chapter for drawings ?
Please if you know any source for these RAWs I cannot buy them in my country due to unavailability
Old 2014-07-09, 05:35   Link #16
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Greetings mate, Thanks for your reply, I felt sort of disappointment because of it , so that means Light novels has much more text than drawings ? like only 5 pages or something per chapter for drawings ?
Please if you know any source for these RAWs I cannot buy them in my country due to unavailability
What do you even need the RAWs for? If you look for the illustrations, then you find them at the same place as the translations. And yes there aren't many illustrations, but it's not 5. It is usually about 15-20 per volume.
GreyZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-09, 12:22   Link #17
WingsofFreedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
What do you even need the RAWs for? If you look for the illustrations, then you find them at the same place as the translations. And yes there aren't many illustrations, but it's not 5. It is usually about 15-20 per volume.
I can see now, everything became more clear to me, many thanks mate , I hope they declare an official announcement about a new season any time this year or the next year or I might just lose hope and forget about it all, maybe i should follow up already completed animes/mangas.
Old 2014-10-17, 17:05   Link #18
Inept Forum User

Two anime-related questions:
  1. Just checking, how many instances are known of where multiple characters (both major and minor) have been voiced by the same seiyuu in the Japanese version (excluding the Sisters)?
  2. Regarding the English version, Index II Ep9, was there any special term (referring to a certain type of magic user) used in speculation with regards to Oriana in this version?

Last edited by Inept Forum User; 2014-10-17 at 17:21.
Inept Forum User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-18, 14:40   Link #19
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inept Forum User View Post
[*]Regarding the English version, Index II Ep9, was there any special term (referring to a certain type of magic user) used in speculation with regards to Oriana in this version?[/LIST]
There isn't a proper English term for it, but essentially they were speculating that if she was a true Grimoire author, she would have been a "Great Magician" (somewhat weird translation)... You're talking about someone on the same level as the dude who wrote Ars Goetia or something.
Old 2014-10-18, 16:07   Link #20
Inept Forum User

Quote:
There isn't a proper English term for it, but essentially they were speculating that if she was a true Grimoire author, she would have been a "Great Magician" (somewhat weird translation)... You're talking about someone on the same level as the dude who wrote Ars Goetia or something.
I see. I was wondering what they had used, since IIRC they had already used the translation that was used elsewhere for that particular term somewhere else (though I might be misinformed regarding this).
Inept Forum User is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
q&a