KiNA x Haruka

>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-26, 15:52   Link #1162
SkoolRumble4Ya

Hosaka X Haruka would be a better choice becasue they're the complete opposite of each other Hosaka is a weirdo and Haruka is completely normal but I wouldn't mind Hosaka x Atusko as my second choice.
SkoolRumble4Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-26, 16:24   Link #1163
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

no no no its Hosaka X Maki, we all know deep down she really likes him

something I just remembered with the all the talk about Mako-chan's future, a vid a friend showed me just before I started watching Minami-ke.
A Real Life Mako-chan!

yes that is a boy....probably the cutest boy I ever seen. Puts like 70% of the female population here to shame, oh hell I couldn't bump that up to 85-90%
I've cursed my friend for showing this vid as it brought about some bad dreams>__<

btw am I right in guessing Minami-ke's timeline is set around 2000?
Old 2009-02-26, 16:52   Link #1164
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post

Chiaki using broadband internet at home in Okawari said so.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-26, 17:04   Link #1165
cicero

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkoolRumble4Ya View Post
Hosaka X Haruka would be a better choice becasue they're the complete opposite of each other Hosaka is a weirdo and Haruka is completely normal but I wouldn't mind Hosaka x Atusko as my second choice.
This seems like a good time to bust out this picture I got from the first Minami-ke thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Miwiki-san says the manga started in 2004, so that would seem right, but for the anime, the very first episode of the first season contains a calendar that says October 2007, so by now it should be...late 2008.
Edit: On second thought, it being summer and them going to the beach in the middle of the first season makes no sense to me. If it's chronological, then that's summer 2008 and we're in late 2009 now. But that would mean they skipped a new years/christmas somewhere in the middle which doesn't seem right. Meh I don't know anymore.

Last edited by cicero; 2009-02-26 at 23:32.
cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-26, 23:33   Link #1166
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Thats actually how the current stations spread out false rumours
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-26, 23:40   Link #1167
duckpuppy

What's with that over relaxed way of stripping? Haruka did it again in a later episode where Touma and Kana found her sleeping face down too and was too lazy to button her shirt up properly.

Quote:
Miwiki-san says the manga started in 2004, so that would seem right, but for the anime, the very first episode of the first season contains a calendar that says October 2007, so by now it should be...late 2008.
I thought the time didn't change in the sense that seasons would come and go but they'd be stuck in the same age/ school year forever?
duckpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-27, 01:49   Link #1168
Cal-Reflector

Hayami isn't bad, not bad at all.
Old 2009-02-27, 01:52   Link #1169
cicero

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckpuppy View Post
I thought the time didn't change in the sense that seasons would come and go but they'd be stuck in the same age/ school year forever?
Well, people weren't really sure. The manga chapters seem sorta random but I haven't checked to see if they follow any sort of seasonal pattern. Mostly they just seem random (disclaimer: I've only read the translated parts).

For the anime, this episode seems to have confirmed a time warp. The main piece of evidence is that Hosaka and Hayami "sempai" are still around when they should have graduated already. It seems unlikely they just decided to continue being the captains of the volleyball team even after graduation.
However, there's seemingly contradictory details. One is the calendar I mentioned. One rule for shows that repeat the same year/age is that you never, ever mention what year it is. But there is in black and white in the first season: 2007. Others have noted that Kana and Chiaki seem to receive figure "upgrades" every season. (I haven't really noticed)

I'm just making chronologies because....I like making chronologies. And what season/year it is still matters even if they never age.
Old 2009-02-27, 02:04   Link #1170
FateAnomaly

1 question. Is there a term that describe the shape of Atsuko eyes?
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-27, 02:07   Link #1171
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

simple

Atsuko-ish shape hahahahaha

nid more term to describe it hehehe

PEACE
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-27, 02:34   Link #1172
Cal-Reflector

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
1 question. Is there a term that describe the shape of Atsuko eyes?
If I'm not mistaken, the term is "tarei-mei," タレ目. (google image the japanese term for examples). It's hard for me to tell them apart, but I feel in general tarei-mei looks sleepier.

The alternative is "tsuri-mei." For some examples of ACG characters who have tsuri-mei, see here:

http://kworld.fakefur.jp/capotast/tsurimekko/
Old 2009-02-27, 02:43   Link #1173
SkoolRumble4Ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by cicero View Post
This seems like a good time to bust out this picture I got from the first Minami-ke thread:
Nice pic never notice that before.
SkoolRumble4Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-27, 03:16   Link #1174
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Well, people weren't really sure. The manga chapters seem sorta random but I haven't checked to see if they follow any sort of seasonal pattern. Mostly they just seem random (disclaimer: I've only read the translated parts).

For the anime, this episode seems to have confirmed a time warp. The main piece of evidence is that Hosaka and Hayami "sempai" are still around when they should have graduated already. It seems unlikely they just decided to continue being the captains of the volleyball team even after graduation.
However, there's seemingly contradictory details. One is the calendar I mentioned. One rule for shows that repeat the same year/age is that you never, ever mention what year it is. But there is in black and white in the first season: 2007. Others have noted that Kana and Chiaki seem to receive figure "upgrades" every season. (I haven't really noticed)

I'm just making chronologies because....I like making chronologies. And what season/year it is still matters even if they never age.
So it is like the Simpsons? :3
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-27, 03:54   Link #1175
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkoolRumble4Ya View Post
Nice pic never notice that before.
to those who did not know are only 70% true fan of haruka hehehehe

but if you 30% fan of hosaka you would know hahaha
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-27, 08:33   Link #1176
ReddyRedWolf

I must say Yoshida is definitely Hayami's heir among the grade schoolers. She smiles too much. And can trick people very easily. (Hopes she plays with Mako-cakes more.)

Last edited by ReddyRedWolf; 2009-02-27 at 10:48.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-27, 10:34   Link #1177
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

All i know is Atsuko is extremely adorable, and the director was able to capture that perfectly.
Old 2009-02-27, 15:42   Link #1178
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Another thing about the calenders would be the starting day of the week for any particular month. That doesn't happen every year..more like once every five or more years depending on the month/year) So the January calander was pretty much 2008 based on the pattern of the days for that month. However I don't recall a good closeup on a calender to confirm the year based on this pattern. More than likely it will be a 2009 calender, which places Minami-ke into the "Calvin and Hobbes" time loop where the seasons change normally and technology and stuff change, but no one ages/stituation doesn't change.

Thread needs more images.
Old 2009-02-27, 18:21   Link #1179
cicero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Another thing about the calenders would be the starting day of the week for any particular month. That doesn't happen every year..more like once every five or more years depending on the month/year) So the January calander was pretty much 2008 based on the pattern of the days for that month. However I don't recall a good closeup on a calender to confirm the year based on this pattern. More than likely it will be a 2009 calender, which places Minami-ke into the "Calvin and Hobbes" time loop where the seasons change normally and technology and stuff change, but no one ages/stituation doesn't change.

Thread needs more images.
Well, here's something:
The author asks for that you request permission before uploading/copying/posting any of his stuff, but I assume hyperlinking to the website is fine:
http://nnw-w.mints.ne.jp/nnw/fujikana.html
A collection of 51 (and counting) Fujioka x Kana 4-komas. Alas, no English.
Old 2009-02-27, 18:48   Link #1180
G.o.S
~desu♥

Quote:
Well, here's something:
The author asks for that you request permission before uploading/copying/posting any of his stuff, but I assume hyperlinking to the website is fine:
http://nnw-w.mints.ne.jp/nnw/fujikana.html
A collection of 51 (and counting) Fujioka x Kana 4-komas. Alas, no English.

Love it.

Tags
comedy, seinen, slice of life