AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Boku wa Tomodachi...

Notices

View Poll Results: Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 19 27.54%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 27 39.13%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 21.74%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 8.70%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.90%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-03-14, 22:26   Link #21
GoddyofAus
Level 5 Pyrokineticist

This episode confirmed Rika is best girl and Kodaka is an idiot.
Old 2013-03-14, 22:42   Link #22
Azuma Denton
~AD~

So Kodaka has an issue now.
Maybe Kobato really is child of the night, and Kodaka waits for Kobato to be awaken so they can embark on the journey to another realm.
Old 2013-03-14, 23:22   Link #23
Trans-Fat

I haven't read the LN, so I am probably wrong here, but I can sort of understand if Kodaka is (still) psychologically scarred from a past experience. He might have been betrayed, or felt like he was, in the past and it is still haunting him. In the past, I've had issues trusting or getting closer to people as I have been betrayed before. What I did during that time, I was in a state of rejection to everyone as I held a false belief that everyone out in the world will betray me. It was a psychological defensive method to not get scarred by betrayal again. This caused me to push away people (I can trust) away from mewithout giving a chance.

To a more extreme case, it might be like how someone's loved one past away, and will start telling himself/herself that that person didn't pass away.

I may be the only person here who sympathize with Kodaka. However, unlike him, I accepted my mistake and learned from it. I needed a lot of help, and went for it. kodaka should too.
Old 2013-03-14, 23:31   Link #24
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Kobato can't stand Sena.
More like here danger senses goes trough the roof (as in, Kobato fears Sena instead of not liking her) as she knows for sure a predator is about to devour her

Quote:
And Sena didn't go to this middle school? And she had to take the test as well? Wonder if either or both will be a plot point, considering that IIRC Kobato/Kodaka pretty much got a shoo-in to attend the school due to their connection to Pegasus.
In due time I think this will show how much work (behind the scenes) Pegasus had to do just to get Kodaka into the school (no doubt he had to do several favors to other members of the school committee). Also, why change Sena to a different school where her classmates might think she gets special treatment because her dad is the school chairman?
Old 2013-03-15, 00:37   Link #25
SQA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogon_bat View Post
More like here danger senses goes trough the roof (as in, Kobato fears Sena instead of not liking her) as she knows for sure a predator is about to devour her

In due time I think this will show how much work (behind the scenes) Pegasus had to do just to get Kodaka into the school (no doubt he had to do several favors to other members of the school committee). Also, why change Sena to a different school where her classmates might think she gets special treatment because her dad is the school chairman?
On the "Why have Sena go to this high school" question, I think the answer is pretty obvious. The Chairman not sending his high achieving daughter there would be a sign he lacks faith in the school itself. That would not go over well. But, since Sena is quite capable and qualified directly on her own, there isn't a problem. Well, minus Sena being Sena.
Old 2013-03-15, 00:43   Link #26
SQA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trans-Fat View Post
I haven't read the LN, so I am probably wrong here, but I can sort of understand if Kodaka is (still) psychologically scarred from a past experience. He might have been betrayed, or felt like he was, in the past and it is still haunting him. In the past, I've had issues trusting or getting closer to people as I have been betrayed before. What I did during that time, I was in a state of rejection to everyone as I held a false belief that everyone out in the world will betray me. It was a psychological defensive method to not get scarred by betrayal again. This caused me to push away people (I can trust) away from mewithout giving a chance.

To a more extreme case, it might be like how someone's loved one past away, and will start telling himself/herself that that person didn't pass away.

I may be the only person here who sympathize with Kodaka. However, unlike him, I accepted my mistake and learned from it. I needed a lot of help, and went for it. kodaka should too.
I believe Kodaka's backstory is dead mother, far traveling father and he's pretty much raising his own sister. After moving back to Japan for high school.

While its been drug out a long while, there is a solid character build up for not wanting "friends", as he doesn't trust attachments in the way most other do. Further, given his situation, I'm pretty sure he really doesn't want to get romantically involved with anyone right now.

Now, while it wouldn't actually work for a Harem series, it would be kind of nice to have a MC that really isn't actually interested in a relationship in high school. And actually mean it?
Old 2013-03-15, 01:41   Link #27
Johnny
Working the bags...

^I wouldn't say he doesn't trust attachments, but he doesn't want to rock the boat and rather leave everything status quo so to speak. He knows the girls like him and choosing one would derail everything so he plays the dense fool...

As for the episode. Kodaka always gets shafted when they do these group themed events. He needs a bit more testicular fortitude when handling many things, but I guess he don't mind being pushed around. Meh, this episode had plenty of Rika so it didn't really matter much...

Last edited by Johnny; 2013-03-15 at 02:01.
Old 2013-03-15, 02:23   Link #28
SQA

Rika has continued to rock this entire season. I especially like the constantly changing hairstyles. (And the best deployed uses of the F-bomb in anime in years also helps)
Old 2013-03-15, 02:45   Link #29
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

People said that the girl that had the most flag event with Kodaka is Sena, but to me I feel that it's actually Rika. Sena's scene are pretty one-sided with her being the only one getting all flustered, but with Rika we have seen it goes both ways- Even if Kodaka has installed the 'Ichika' Firewall system into his software in an attempt to deny it.

And yes, the OP song is makes that much more relevant now.
Old 2013-03-15, 03:16   Link #30
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalfury View Post
Kodaka is not dense.
Viewer: Oh snap, a harem protagonist that's not dense.
Me: He's got a lot of issues and lacks the mental fortitude/capacity to have a girlfriend so he's just as bad as the dense protagonists.
As bad? Sure. But he's got the advantage of novelty.
Old 2013-03-15, 05:10   Link #31
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
People said that the girl that had the most flag event with Kodaka is Sena, but to me I feel that it's actually Rika. Sena's scene are pretty one-sided with her being the only one getting all flustered, but with Rika we have seen it goes both ways- Even if Kodaka has installed the 'Ichika' Firewall system into his software in an attempt to deny it.

And yes, the OP song is makes that much more relevant now.
I think deep inside him, he had always wanted to be with Yozora. Sure he has a two-way with Rika, but both of them just doesn't fit.....perfectly.

Though it would be interesting if he pursues Kobato's route.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2013-03-15, 06:17   Link #32
Haiprbim
Banned

It was a great episode, cannot wait for the next one. :D
Also, I do not think Kodaka was stupid in this episode, I think he was great and truly acted his own way.
He also knew what other thought, always having that in mind.
Old 2013-03-15, 06:29   Link #33
potchip

Quote:
Originally Posted by P3tr View Post
It was a great episode, cannot wait for the next one.
Also, I do not think Kodaka was stupid in this episode, I think he was great and truly acted his own way.
He also knew what other thought, always having that in mind.
I think it's the opposite. Whilst in a conventional sense Kodaka is a responsible young man, when it comes to EQ in particular about other people's feelings, he's a total newbie. And this trait is with him since a young age.

Case in point 1: holding back on telling Sora he's moving away - because it is difficult for him to say - and losing the big picture in the process

Case in point 2: his denial about his comedic ability, his 'friendly' appearance etc, in other words, particularly stubborn

So instead of knowing what other's thought, he thought he knows what others thought, without actually getting/taking in any feedback. His situation is partly his own making.
Old 2013-03-15, 06:41   Link #34
Haiprbim
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by potchip View Post
I think it's the opposite. Whilst in a conventional sense Kodaka is a responsible young man, when it comes to EQ in particular about other people's feelings, he's a total newbie. And this trait is with him since a young age.
That is why I like him and why the story truly turns interesting - every character in the anime sees this and expresses it on funny ways.
Old 2013-03-15, 06:49   Link #35
mironicus

Quote:
Originally Posted by potchip View Post
Case in point 1: holding back on telling Sora he's moving away - because it is difficult for him to say - and losing the big picture in the process
He is afraid of conflicts, he don't want to make anyone sad => his Achilles' heel (like today).

Quote:
Case in point 2: his denial about his comedic ability, his 'friendly' appearance etc, in other words, particularly stubborn
Sometimes another person has to point out things about yourself you are not aware of. That is normal for a friendless person - that is part of the comedy.

Quote:
His situation is partly his own making.
Of course it is. The reason why Kodaka/Sena/Yozora/Rika/Yukimura never had friends is also caused by themselves. It's not the fault of other people.

Last edited by mironicus; 2013-03-15 at 12:49.
Old 2013-03-15, 08:02   Link #36
eiyuu99

Players maybe unhappy if they get friend flags instead of lovers flag.
It seems Kodaka rejects even friend flags...so he aims for Bad End?
Old 2013-03-15, 08:34   Link #37
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiyuu99 View Post
I think he is scared that if he starts dating one of them everything will change. Think about it, let say he starts dating Sena, Yozora will feel the whole reason she started the club is gone and stop coming. After a while the whole club is disbanded and everyone goes their separate ways. Same thing will happen if it was with any other girl too. The reason the club exist is because they are on a pseudo-friendship and anything more or less will ruin it.
Old 2013-03-15, 08:57   Link #38
Insert_Gel

Lol Sena. Nothing but fanservice. No wonder many people like her
Old 2013-03-15, 10:19   Link #39
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiyuu99 View Post
remember when Kodaka played the first Galge Sena brought into the club?
He only spent time with the guy the main character was friends with from the very beginning and the main character as well as his friend ended up without a girlfriend in the end, having had only their friendship.
This end was considered a bad end, but Kodaka was completely fine with it and wouldn't have wanted a different one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insert_Gel View Post
Lol Sena. Nothing but fanservice. No wonder many people like her
Less her being fanservice than Yozora being malicious down to her blood cells...
There is a reason Sena gave her the role of an evil witch in their movie.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2013-03-15, 11:53   Link #40
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

It's official. Rika is the best girl. She's the only one actively trying to be good friends with the rest of the cast, and she's perceptive enough to have Kodaka all figured out.

It turns out Kodaka isn't dense but instead has some serious issues. Deep down, he knows they're already friends but he's denial about it for some reason. I hope that reason is good. It doesn't matter if he acknowledges it or not, they're friends whether he likes it or not.

Kobato seems to have some issues herself. Like brother, like sister. I didn't expect her to be that popular. She could easily make friends if she wanted to. The only one she seems to have accepted in her circle is Maria, most likely because she's the only one who doesn't idolize her (quite the opposite). It was heartwarming how they both lit up as soon as they saw each other.

The movie Kobato's class made was a million times better than the ones the club made. Kobato herself is a very good actress, especially when you compare her to the likes of Yukimura

Sena's movie was complete nonsense. Can't say I'm surprised.