AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-08-19, 22:43   Link #121
FateAnomaly

I always thought that it is because humanity posed a threat to themselves and other races and thats why they were attacked. Humans would probably destroy themselves with their WMDs. The aliens never wanted to exterminate humans and whats her name girl realised that and thats why she defected.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-19, 22:51   Link #122
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

I think whatever the outcome, it's a path which was walked down with eyes open. Experience is vital for knowledge. So, what are the aliens to dictate what we can or cannot do?
Old 2009-08-19, 23:47   Link #123
chaos_animagic

Quote:
Humans would probably destroy themselves with their WMDs.
But Humans didn't have those before the Aliens come...

Humans develops the Dragons, Gias (can't spell), and the Valkyries (the Peacemakers that betrayed the creaters)... Dragons and Gias needed a Human Pilot, while Valkyries are powered by AI...

The Aliens took over the AI because Mauser gave them the information to do it...

If the aliens didn't come and attack, there would have been no need to develop those super powerful weapons...
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-19, 23:48   Link #124
Saber Cherry
Marionette

Spoiler for The ending:

And also, Zephy should be in SaiMoe.
Old 2009-08-20, 01:17   Link #125
FateAnomaly

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_animagic View Post
But Humans didn't have those before the Aliens come...

Humans develops the Dragons, Gias (can't spell), and the Valkyries (the Peacemakers that betrayed the creaters)... Dragons and Gias needed a Human Pilot, while Valkyries are powered by AI...

The Aliens took over the AI because Mauser gave them the information to do it...

If the aliens didn't come and attack, there would have been no need to develop those super powerful weapons...
Not really. If they could , they would develop it irregardless whether they need it or not. Thats how it is in the real world. Weapons development is always in progress without stopping.
Old 2009-08-20, 02:38   Link #126
chaos_animagic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
Not really. If they could , they would develop it irregardless whether they need it or not. Thats how it is in the real world. Weapons development is always in progress without stopping.
Yea... they could develop it... but the point is... the Aliens are the ones that drove them to develop it in the first place...

If the Aliens wasn't there, maybe the weapons won't have been developed for many more years... (kinda like the "space race" where Russia send the first Rocket into space... than the US followed... than the other countries sees this and started developing their own rockets...)

BTW... I also noticed something...

If the Aliens is saying Humans are precious...
Than why did the Aliens program the Peacemakers to have a function to eliminate 90% of mankind for a reset?
As far as I know... if you think something is precious... you wouldn't destroy it...
Unless you're EMO or INSANE or just plain crazy...

So... basically the Aliens WANTS to take control of Human lives and don't let them have any freedom... which is what the "mauser faith/ church" is for... making people believe in whatever the Aliens wants them to think... no free will or thoughts... cause you're basically being controlled by the teachings from others that's hiding the truth from you. (kinda like todays religions... some of them are just plain crazy...)
Old 2009-08-20, 03:22   Link #127
FateAnomaly

So the aliens should be stupid enough to allow humans to fully develop their weapons before attacking them.

The aliens don't really want to control humans as much as they want to keep humans under control. All of them left after the threat was eliminated. The aliens left a human in charge afterall.
Old 2009-08-20, 12:04   Link #128
chaos_animagic

Quote:
The aliens don't really want to control humans as much as they want to keep humans under control. All of them left after the threat was eliminated. The aliens left a human in charge afterall.
Tho... the funny thing is...
Spoiler for may contain ending spoilers:

Also, how would you have felt if the Aliens attacked us in RL with no reason what so ever?...
I would be super pissed and retaliate back...
Old 2009-08-21, 00:21   Link #129
FateAnomaly

Its still her consciousness in there. She isn't any different than when she was alive.

Of course, it is normal to be pissed off when you get attack. But it like the aliens are farmers and see the humans as wolves that threaten them. We humans do the same thing all the time.
Old 2009-08-31, 00:55   Link #130
klare

a very good series, the ending is a bit unexpected

noticed it looks weird when the characters walking, especially walking further away from the camera

Spoiler for some memorable sad scenes:

even the plots and the truth have been revealed, i feel this is a series that is worth to rewatch
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-01, 09:46   Link #131
Mistypearl
Whack and Unwrap!

After watching Scrapped Princess for the first time I really liked it, one of my firsts, but it was too sad for me at some parts haha. But I think I'm about ready to rewatch it. So when I was waiting for my mom in Big Lots and saw that they actually had vol. 1 and 6 of it, I ended up getting that and 2,3,4,5 on amazon. yay Good series with sci-fi and fantasy twists.
Old 2009-12-27, 02:14   Link #132
Intranetusa
Pedites Extraordinarii

I still don't understand the ending...

Wouldn't the aliens just come back to reseal mankind?

What was the point of Celia-Mauser keeping mankind in a cage? - her main goal was to protect her siblings and her siblings were killed anyways, you'd think she'd rethink her offer with the aliens to betray mankind...

If she was willing to trap mankind in the cage for 5000 years, why did she so easily release mankind just because the scrapped princess told her to? She didn't realize that humans don't like living in a cage until the princess comes along and tells it to her face?
Intranetusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-27, 02:21   Link #133
Intranetusa
Pedites Extraordinarii

This series was kinda insane...this was like a combination of Utawarerumono and Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann...

All of these fantasy-turns-into-scifi animes are crazy as hell...
Old 2009-12-28, 01:14   Link #134
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intranetusa View Post

first question: an excuse for sequeal , probably not
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-28, 02:30   Link #135
Intranetusa
Pedites Extraordinarii

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
first question: an excuse for sequeal , probably not
lol, the end of the series is basically like Gurren Lagann except they haven't defeated the anti-spirals yet...
Spoiler for gurren lagann:

I don't think they have enough material for a sequel... was this based on a manga?
Old 2009-12-28, 03:00   Link #136
Saber Cherry
Marionette

Quote:
I don't think they have enough material for a sequel... was this based on a manga?
No, short novels.
Old 2009-12-28, 03:31   Link #137
FateAnomaly

Quote:

What was the point of Celia-Mauser keeping mankind in a cage? - her main goal was to protect her siblings and her siblings were killed anyways, you'd think she'd rethink her offer with the aliens to betray mankind...

If she was willing to trap mankind in the cage for 5000 years, why did she so easily release mankind just because the scrapped princess told her to? She didn't realize that humans don't like living in a cage until the princess comes along and tells it to her face?
I may not be entire right, this is just my interpretation.
She is trying to protect mankind from themselves as she is convinced that mankind is on a path to self destruction. After such a long time of sealing mankind, she had doubts about her decision but at the same time she is unable or unwilling to change the situation. So when the time comes for the final decision. she let Pacifica make the decision instead.
As for the aliens, it would not be a few thousands years later that mankind will become a problem again anyway. Maybe they will go down a different path.
Old 2009-12-28, 04:51   Link #138
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

The novel is finished and have a slightly different ending. I personally liked the novel ending better even if its a little too much Deus ex machina for my taste. Other than the last volume of the novel the anime stayed mostly true to the novels. you can read the spoilers for the novel ending down below if you want.

Spoiler for HUGE novel spoilers ahead....:
Angrypokstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-28, 11:52   Link #139
Intranetusa
Pedites Extraordinarii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrypokstick View Post
The novel is finished and have a slightly different ending. I personally liked the novel ending better even if its a little too much Deus ex machina for my taste. Other than the last volume of the novel the anime stayed mostly true to the novels. you can read the spoilers for the novel ending down below if you want.

Spoiler for HUGE novel spoilers ahead....:

Wha!?!? Is the ending of the novels way better than the ending of the anime then?...

Did the anime outpace the novels or something? If not, I don't understand why they'd change the ending....

Well, I guess it ain't as different as the Eureka 7 anime vs the manga...that situation was the manga writers deciding to screw with the anime fans or something.

Last edited by Intranetusa; 2009-12-28 at 14:54.
Old 2009-12-28, 13:09   Link #140
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
The novel ending is too much of an Ass Pull combined with some heaping helping of Deus Ex Machina; I liked the anime ending better.

Cin being alive again really bothers me; I prefer dead characters to stay dead. Bringing them back just ruins any emotional impact their "death" once held.

Quote:
Did the anime outpace the novels or something? If not, I don't understand why they'd change the ending....
Yes; the novel series wasn't finished when the TV series concluded.

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen