AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-03-03, 17:20   Link #561
John117xCortana

Didn't the Turians of Mass Effect did something similar during the First Contact War?
John117xCortana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-03, 19:00   Link #562
moridin84
Custom User Title

I've just been thinking about how hypocritical Tanya was being this episode.

First, she was being really, really sarcastic to the guy giving her the order. Then kept going on about how they "can only follow orders", essentially blaming her superiors and absolving herself from responsibility. However, SHE was the only who created that plan in the first place. It's her fault.

I suppose it is possible that she actually does feel bad about it. And the fact that she created the plans in the first place makes it worse.

Not too sure.

[EDIT]
Though honestly, I'm not sure under why that should have been banned. It was clearly occupied by enemy forces.

Quote:
In practice, the words undefended and open have been defined restrictively, to mean simply places declared to be open for entry and occupation by an adverse party without resistance. In this view, the core meaning of the rule prohibiting attacks on undefended towns is simply that a town in a war zone that has declared itself ready to accept the entry of the adversary’s army may not be bombed or subjected to artillery attack.
http://www.crimesofwar.org/a-z-guide/undefended-towns/

Last edited by moridin84; 2017-03-03 at 19:10.
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-03, 20:02   Link #563
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by moridin84 View Post
To be fair, I think it's pretty normal for Republican citizens to want to fight for the Republic.
If they do then they should have signed up to the army.

The rules of engagement was designed for the bad old days when Nobles fight each other but leave the peasants alone, because the peasants are part of the reward for winning a war. When wars were lost the peasants change masters, but otherwise their lives go on as normal.

When peasants fight, they then are no longer spared. That is all.
Old 2017-03-03, 20:53   Link #564
guestuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by moridin84 View Post
I've just been thinking about how hypocritical Tanya was being this episode.

First, she was being really, really sarcastic to the guy giving her the order. Then kept going on about how they "can only follow orders", essentially blaming her superiors and absolving herself from responsibility. However, SHE was the only who created that plan in the first place. It's her fault.

I suppose it is possible that she actually does feel bad about it. And the fact that she created the plans in the first place makes it worse.

Not too sure.

[EDIT]
Though honestly, I'm not sure under why that should have been banned. It was clearly occupied by enemy forces.

http://www.crimesofwar.org/a-z-guide/undefended-towns/
I doubt she actually feel bad at all, she views human life as only numbers and she never was the type that want to bear any responsibility for her action. As her facade is that of a perfect soldier of the empire through other people eyes, but in reality all this is a lie that she crafted to appeal to those above her.
guestuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-04, 07:37   Link #565
Panzercracker

Episode 8 is pretty good with CGI action screen and realistic behaviors of Republic citizens and Imperial army. It is one of some of my favourite episodes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
If they do then they should have signed up to the army.
They're partisans who behind the Imperial front line, they rise up against Imperial garrisons, there are not Republic recruit centers in the city. If the rebellion success and they can push the front line back or at least evacuate Republic citizen to the Republican control zone, they will join the army.

Last edited by Panzercracker; 2017-03-04 at 07:49.
Panzercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-04, 08:24   Link #566
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzercracker View Post
They're partisans who behind the Imperial front line, they rise up against Imperial garrisons, there are not Republic recruit centers in the city. If the rebellion success and they can push the front line back or at least evacuate Republic citizen to the Republican control zone, they will join the army.
That's fine, but they will be killed as justified targets before that. I am not saying one shouldn't organise a resistance force, but I am just saying once you do that you put yourself into danger and risk also everyone you know and loved. That's the price you pay. You are no longer a civilian.
Old 2017-03-04, 08:36   Link #567
Panzercracker

Quote:
That's fine, but they will be killed as justified targets before that. I am not saying one shouldn't organise a resistance force, but I am just saying once you do that you put yourself into danger and risk also everyone you know and loved. That's the price you pay. You are no longer a civilian.
I think they did that because they're sure with the help of Republic mages they can retake the city and rejoin with Republic authority, but they unexcept Imperial army would barrage the city into ruin. Their mistake is kill prisoners and enrage Imperial high command.
Panzercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-04, 10:38   Link #568
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was a really great episode, doing a good job showing the horrors of war. I felt worse than ever for the guys under Tanya's command.

The after credit scene was unexpected. We all thought his daughter would be the one graced by God, but it turned out his prayers were heard after all.
Old 2017-03-04, 11:09   Link #569
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The after credit scene was unexpected. We all thought his daughter would be the one graced by God, but it turned out his prayers were heard after all.
The consensus online is that there is no time left to give the daughter proper screentime, as there is still an entire two major battles and several books before she get to do anything. So someone else has to be the last boss of this season.
Old 2017-03-04, 11:11   Link #570
eiyuuou

If only the people realized God forced the situation upon the Opposer Tanya to make their lives miserable.
Old 2017-03-04, 11:25   Link #571
erdii

I think the problem is with the republic. most probably they thought they wouldn't bombard the civilians so they didn't vacate the woman and children. maybe they intended to use them as human shields.
Old 2017-03-04, 11:26   Link #572
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiyuuou View Post
If only the people realized God forced the situation upon the Opposer Tanya to make their lives miserable.
How are you suppose to do that? That would require realising that they are ruled over by an evil creature, and many people couldn't handle that reality. They would either deny it or kill themselves. Most people are too weak to deal with and fight against a hostile god, Tanya is a rare exception.
Old 2017-03-04, 12:49   Link #573
J4n1

I really, genuinely, like this episode.
Zero complaints, action was decent, animation was ok, story was great, and i loved how the characters interacted with each other.

This episode really made clear the following facts:
1. War is Hell
2. Tanya is a monster
3. Empire is not "the good guys"

And, while the bombing of the city was terrible, and the rebels probably did not believe the empire would go so far, they were given a warning.
There are situations where i am ok with urban guerilla warfare (not going to go into details to avoid RL politics), but this was not really the time or place for it.
J4n1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-04, 13:46   Link #574
eiyuuou

Quote:
How are you suppose to do that? That would require realising that they are ruled over by an evil creature, and many people couldn't handle that reality. They would either deny it or kill themselves. Most people are too weak to deal with and fight against a hostile god, Tanya is a rare exception.
They don't and those came into contact believe he is a virtuous(lol) god. That's why mystery being X is indeed the devil.
For failing to understand human nature, particularly Tanya's true nature, it inevitably sends his apostle of evil to torment the new world.

Sensen no Realism
Spoiler:

Is this the right lyrics?
Old 2017-03-04, 23:50   Link #575
Nvis
Where are the good animes

What if the Brigadier General is Being X in disguise?

Tanya's been put into everything that happened even before they met!
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-05, 07:37   Link #576
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Only thing I'm worried about is that Being X is being way too active recently.
Old 2017-03-05, 09:52   Link #577
The 48th Ronin

That's some borderline, Nanking-esque shit Tanya did to Arene

Did they wiped out the rest of Arene citizens?
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-05, 10:57   Link #578
Nivek von Beldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 48th Ronin View Post
That's some borderline, Nanking-esque shit Tanya did to Arene

Did they wiped out the rest of Arene citizens?
Sorry but HELL NO, you should read about Nanjing...those japanese were worse that devils, this is closer to Dresden..Scrath that, that was Dresden...
Nivek von Beldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-05, 18:27   Link #579
The 48th Ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek von Beldo View Post
Sorry but HELL NO, you should read about Nanjing...those japanese were worse that devils, this is closer to Dresden..Scrath that, that was Dresden...
I personally see more comparison to the Warsaw Uprising than Dresden.
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-08, 16:22   Link #580
mergele

Ah, I already miss the pictures of the first ed.

I don't think the parallels to either warsaw or dresden are big enough to really draw comparisions.

Edit: After some more thinking I can now see the similarities to warsaw uprising in the big picture.

Last edited by mergele; 2017-03-09 at 16:24.
mergele is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
reincarnation, tactics