AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-03-13, 21:58   Link #621
coded321
He Who Games

does anyone feel like the romance aspect of this show is forced? like the show only has a romance subplot just for the sake of having one? honestly for me, its like the romance subplot of TLWA uses every shoujo manga/anime cliche that exists.
coded321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-13, 22:27   Link #622
chaos_animagic

Love Love Bee = best wingbee

funny episode, I loved how Akko got all "grossed out" at the beginning when the Bee start to sting ppls.
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-13, 23:19   Link #623
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio C View Post
That was perhaps the best episode of the show so far. Diana, was truly wonderful and hilarious this time. Akko really has some skills now.
Yeah it is actually quite impressive how far her magic has come. Since it is the same spell we've seen several times before it does allow a nice visual progression. From failing to even affect the target she is aiming for (and thus hitting herself with a partial transformation), to a slightly more on point transformation (merman form), and now to presumably what she wanted to make happen (Squirrelzilla). Hopefully this leads to her actually figuring out how to fly soon .

Could very well be the funniest episode in the whole show. Got to love Diana falling in love with Akko and then herself. That was great. She handled that embarrassment like a pro.
Old 2017-03-13, 23:37   Link #624
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Yeah it is actually quite impressive how far her magic has come. Since it is the same spell we've seen several times before it does allow a nice visual progression. From failing to even affect the target she is aiming for (and thus hitting herself with a partial transformation), to a slightly more on point transformation (merman form), and now to presumably what she wanted to make happen (Squirrelzilla). Hopefully this leads to her actually figuring out how to fly soon .
Sounds like metamorphosis magic is becoming a forte of hers, and I like that. Lots of fun to be had with that sort of power.

By the way, am I the only one who wonders how this was the one time they got away unscathed? I guess no one besides the main trio, Andrew and Frank wanted to remember anything about that night
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-13, 23:53   Link #625
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
Sounds like metamorphosis magic is becoming a forte of hers, and I like that. Lots of fun to be had with that sort of power.

By the way, am I the only one who wonders how this was the one time they got away unscathed? I guess no one besides the main trio, Andrew and Frank wanted to remember anything about that night
Yeah, it is actually a spell I could see working well for her in the future. If you want to put on stage shows....metamorphosis magic seems like a good thing to toss in the mix.

It is kind of surprising that this is the one time they don't suffer a huge penalty. Though possible it is more of a future issue. Andrew's father already disliked magic and witches. Doubt this situation improved his opinion. Could presume the girls simply left the party before he had time to actually blow a gasket. I guess everyone else would like to presume that situation never happened.

I'm sure the guards who were faced with Squirrelzilla share that opinion .
Old 2017-03-14, 00:18   Link #626
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Yeah, it is actually a spell I could see working well for her in the future. If you want to put on stage shows....metamorphosis magic seems like a good thing to toss in the mix.

It is kind of surprising that this is the one time they don't suffer a huge penalty. Though possible it is more of a future issue. Andrew's father already disliked magic and witches. Doubt this situation improved his opinion. Could presume the girls simply left the party before he had time to actually blow a gasket. I guess everyone else would like to presume that situation never happened.

I meant more in the sense of help for future shenanigans, but of course, it has that use as well.

Well, at least Akko managed to make an impression on Andrew, so that should balance things out a bit.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-14, 00:32   Link #627
Panzercracker

Despite the love effect is over, but look like the love's seed is still there, so there is a chance that we have a ship of Diana x Akko in the future.
Panzercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-14, 05:42   Link #628
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by coded321 View Post
does anyone feel like the romance aspect of this show is forced? like the show only has a romance subplot just for the sake of having one? honestly for me, its like the romance subplot of TLWA uses every shoujo manga/anime cliche that exists.
I don't feel like it really has a romance subplot at all. This whole episode joked about romance without much consequence. There's a lot of teasing going around but I don't think any ship is going to sail at all. Maybe Akko X Andrew, but I think that's going to be more like a friendship if anything, which may be plot critical if the thing goes in the direction of "politicians trying to shut down Luna Nova". But I don't think it'll ever go into serious romance, it just ain't that kind of show. It will be "wink wink nudge nudge" and that's it.

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-14, 14:27   Link #629
Wandering Soul

Quote:
It's sort of funny how no one at the actual party was concerned about that. A giant squirrel is rampaging outside and no one inside really seems to care.
Old 2017-03-14, 16:17   Link #630
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
It's sort of funny how no one at the actual party was concerned about that. A giant squirrel is rampaging outside and no one inside really seems to care.
Well, it IS a world in which a high school girl can do that basically as a practical joke, so it's not as big a deal as it would be for us. Imagine what happens when you have drunken frat boys from Magical College going around .

Old 2017-03-14, 18:04   Link #631
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gan_HOPE326 View Post
Well, it IS a world in which a high school girl can do that basically as a practical joke, so it's not as big a deal as it would be for us. Imagine what happens when you have drunken frat boys from Magical College going around .
But see, this makes everything sort of awkward for me. Either this is just like Pokemon where clearly there is huge potential to use magic to do dangerous things to people but no one seems to do it properly for whatever reason which makes the whole premise a bit kiddy... OR somehow the magic can't hurt people for whatever reason (and I'm not sure that's the case) and so people are like oh look at this thing that has no practicality.

The only flaw / weird feeling I have about this show is the whole Magic is old school so we should move on with the times dynamic that the opposition is having, but that opinion seems completely absurd. I mean I can suspend my disbelief, but I'm not exactly sure why Trigger decided to do things this way since I can't fathom why it would be necessary...

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-14, 19:29   Link #632
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
But see, this makes everything sort of awkward for me. Either this is just like Pokemon where clearly there is huge potential to use magic to do dangerous things to people but no one seems to do it properly for whatever reason which makes the whole premise a bit kiddy... OR somehow the magic can't hurt people for whatever reason (and I'm not sure that's the case) and so people are like oh look at this thing that has no practicality.

The only flaw / weird feeling I have about this show is the whole Magic is old school so we should move on with the times dynamic that the opposition is having, but that opinion seems completely absurd. I mean I can suspend my disbelief, but I'm not exactly sure why Trigger decided to do things this way since I can't fathom why it would be necessary...
Well, the show is very 'kiddy', so it probably doesn't touch on this stuff too deeply on purpose. Still, I guess we can consider that perhaps magic tends to be fickle, unstable and of small consequence; that even something like Squirrelzilla is little more than an illusion and can't really hurt anyone (for example, the squirrel actually retains its original mass and strength). I think it's the only explanations that could justify that kind of behaviour.

Old 2017-03-14, 22:40   Link #633
ScrewySquirrel

this seems to sum up Sucy perfectly
Spoiler for big:
ScrewySquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-15, 01:24   Link #634
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:

You're overthinking it. You might as well have problems with Road Runner cartoons because you can't fathom a coyote having good enough credit to mail order all that stuff. LWA is more "realistic" than Looney Tunes, but not by a whole lot.
Old 2017-03-15, 01:44   Link #635
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I also now ship Andrew x Akko and Frank x Lotte.
Is there still room on this ship? I'd like to get on board!

Frank and Lotte surprisingly look quite good together, I think. And I always love personalities like Andrew and Akko being a match. I'm a sucker for the cliche of opposites attract.

Poor Diana; she's totally being used as a comedy fodder! (and I'm not complaining!)

Too bad the bee didn't sting Sucy...I wanted to see how she would react.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-15, 02:00   Link #636
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
Is there still room on this ship? I'd like to get on board!

Frank and Lotte surprisingly look quite good together, I think. And I always love personalities like Andrew and Akko being a match. I'm a sucker for the cliche of opposites attract.

Poor Diana; she's totally being used as a comedy fodder! (and I'm not complaining!)

Too bad the bee didn't sting Sucy...I wanted to see how she would react.
I honestly wouldn't mind shipping Akko x Diana if the Andrew ship doesn't sail xP
Old 2017-03-15, 03:17   Link #637
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
You're overthinking it. You might as well have problems with Road Runner cartoons because you can't fathom a coyote having good enough credit to mail order all that stuff. LWA is more "realistic" than Looney Tunes, but not by a whole lot.
I always found the physics of tunnels in those cartoons to be rather dodgy too .

Old 2017-03-15, 10:05   Link #638
Slayerx

Quote:
Well just ask the question, what exactly can magic do that technology can't? Not only can technology be used to emulate much of what can be done with magic, but technology is much more convenient since any idiot can use it where as magic takes years in order to learn. Sure you can use magic to attack someone, but you can also attack someone with a gun; which is easier, learning to shoot magic, or learning to shoot a gun? How long does it take to ride a broom vs driving a car?

Magic also has the additional handicap of being severely limited on where in can be used. Magic for the most part can only be used in areas that are located near a source of magic power; technology on the otherhand can be used anywhere. So even in the cases where you have magic that can do something useful that technology can't, its overall usefulness is severely limited. For instance, magic can easily repair broken objects, but that won't do you any good if you don't live near a source of magic

Since it's an ongoing theme this plot line about magic slowly becoming obsolete is likely to have a larger role in the overall plot. Witches are slowly becoming irrelevant and that's not really good for Akko's own dreams. Perhaps this story will ultimately be about restoring magic to the world

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gan_HOPE326 View Post
Is there a trope name for when a show dangles, in completely innocent fashion, the perfect bait for the most depraved and perverted fanfiction, all while keeping its hands perfectly clean ?
Ship Tease
Old 2017-03-16, 06:01   Link #639
ScrewySquirrel

apparently there will be an Akko Nendroid, with wand, broom, shiny rod and bunny ears. and choice of three faces:

ScrewySquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-16, 16:07   Link #640
Dextro
He Without a Title

OMG that's seriously cute!!!

*looks at wallet, moths come out*

Tags
magic school, slice of life