AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Old 2009-04-02, 14:39   Link #301
typhonsentra

Okay, the ending's pretty freakin' catchy. I could go either way with the opening, right now I'm not a fan but I didn't like the Lucky Star theme at first either.
typhonsentra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-02, 14:41   Link #302
Littm
ちょうど楽しみなさい
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
P.S Wants more Yui starbubbles mode. It is hard to claim any of them permanently because they all look so cute.
Mio already stole my heart, lol.
Littm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-02, 14:41   Link #303
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Deja Vu much?
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-02, 14:45   Link #304
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitheor View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomcepi11 View Post

We can always count on japan for the parodies that will pop up. Especially those with Touhou characters.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-02, 14:49   Link #305
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Quote:
Deja Vu much?
In what sense are you refering? Deja vu of what?
Old 2009-04-02, 14:53   Link #306
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

All hail KyoAni and Yamada Hisako. That was outstanding. Hilarious. Cute. Well-animated.

It looks as if KyoAni really does have another director-in-waiting in Yamada Hisako. And Yoshida Reiko adapted this part of the manga really well, I thought.

And it also looks as if KyoAni does have the knack of finding young or relatively unknown seiyuus who can really do the job.

Certainly we got echoes of other school comedies, such as Lucky Star and (especially) Hyakko, and even with a bit of the great humane humor of Ichigo Mashimaro. But this is its own thing, with a lovely bright soul. I hope it can maintain this kind of quality and this spirit.

I liked both the OP and ED. The best OP/EDs take a while to sink in. I hope that's true of these.

Loved the KyoAni animation of hands: those expressive, if boneless, hands we saw in Lucky Star. The leg shots were great, too: expressive and real.

Kaioshin is right that this is clearly a KyoAni moe show and very likely will hit the otaku sweet spot. As someone who has long despised KyoAni, that will not please him. On the other hand, it pleases me. We'll see if I love this show as much as I did Lucky Star, or if it drops off the table for me, like Clannad.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2009-04-02 at 15:07.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-02, 14:55   Link #307
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Deja Vu much?
I'm glad you said it before me.
Old 2009-04-02, 14:58   Link #308
SkoolRumble4Ya

OMG the MOE level is too strong
SkoolRumble4Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-02, 15:02   Link #309
4get

Spoiler for Yui starbubbles mode, animated gif:
4get is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-02, 15:04   Link #310
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
In what sense are you refering? Deja vu of what?
Let me just put it this way... first episode wise it was everything I've come to expect out of Kyoto Animation, both in the good sense and in the not so inspiring sense. Though that's not terribly surprising.

Prediction, Kyoani material superfans who have loved their shows in the past will be all over this one like Crosby on a puck, but those who have seen a Kyoani show in the past and weren't impressed aren't going to have anything new to attract them to it. They know their fanbase and are playing to their interests. K-On is almost certain to be a success in that regard.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-02, 15:06   Link #311
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Like Sunrise and the mechfans.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-02, 15:07   Link #312
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
So is this another mishmash of random gags and Haruhi ads like Lucky Star was? Or are they attempting to do something actually interesting with the gags a la Azumanga Daioh?

BTW, I didn't hate Lucky Star, just thought it was pretty mediocre when taking the whole series into account, and certainly undeserving of all the praise it had. Some parts were pretty funny, but the randomness with which they were assorted stripped it of most of the impact it could have had on me.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-02, 15:08   Link #313
Midonin
Last Engage

The show really oughta be viewed as itself.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-02, 15:08   Link #314
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Like Sunrise and the mechfans.
Sunrise do a lot, lot more then just mecha, though as expected people just jump to conclusions because Sunrise are behind Gundam.

Anyway don't wanna go off-topic --- just can't let posts like that slide.
Old 2009-04-02, 15:10   Link #315
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
So is this another mishmash of random gags and Haruhi ads like Lucky Star was? Or are they attempting to do something actually interesting with the gags a la Azumanga Daioh?

BTW, I didn't hate Lucky Star, just thought it was pretty mediocre, and certainly undeserving of all the praise it had.
Maybe I'm the wrong person to answer, since I prefer Lucky Star to Azumanga Daioh, but the shows this comes closest to for me are Ichigo Mashimaro and Hyakko. This show does have a plot thread, however, running all the way through, as the girls build their band. The only outside reference I saw was a brief one to Detroit Metal City. (As I never tire of repeating, I loved Lucky Star even though I didn't get many of the references. There was plenty of other humor there.)

And I thought Sheba made a good point: mecha fans are disposed to like any Sunrise mecha show that comes out, as moe comedy fans are disposed to like any KyoAni comedy. I didn't think she/he was not commenting on the quality or range of Sunrise shows.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-02, 15:12   Link #316
Samanosuke
Genma Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4get View Post
Spoiler for Yui starbubbles mode, animated gif:
this...uh...looks like forced MOE to me.
Is the whole episode like that ?
I can only imagine this is the trait character of this Yui chick...
urgh this doesn't look good. D:
Samanosuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-02, 15:14   Link #317
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
Maybe people should watch the episode first before coming to any conclusions.

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-02, 15:15   Link #318
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
Sunrise do a lot, lot more then just mecha, though as expected people just jump to conclusions because Sunrise are behind Gundam.
Sunrise is also about 20 years older than Kyoani... they must've done something right to prevail. Even if people don't like Gundam.

Quote:
(As I never tire of repeating, I loved Lucky Star even though I didn't get many of the references. There was plenty of other humor there.)
There weren't really that many references. There was quite a bit of 2chan/niconico pandering, but really, it didn't add much... and half the references were Haruhi stuff.

I'll take PaniPoniDash any day if I want to see obscure references. And really, it's not that great of a show, even though I enjoyed it a bit more than Lucky Star.

Quote:
I'm not coming to any conclusions. I just asked what kind of series they were attempting to do, seeing as the other 4-koma adaptation left a pretty bland taste in my mouth.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-02, 15:15   Link #319
FireChick

I just noticed something. Tsumugi and her seiyuu have the same surname.
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-02, 15:16   Link #320
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_RockmanX View Post
I don't see what's wrong with people asking for opinions from people who have seen the first episode.

Tags
comedy, light music, seinen