AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Old 2009-04-02, 15:16   Link #321
Midonin
Last Engage

The best opinion is the one that you form yourself.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-02, 15:18   Link #322
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
That works for some people though not all. You'll always find the person who likes to hear others opinions, i mean that's what we do on this forum pretty much everyday.
Old 2009-04-02, 15:19   Link #323
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
And I thought Sheba made a good point: mecha fans are disposed to like any Sunrise mecha show that comes out, as moe comedy fans are disposed to like any KyoAni comedy. I didn't think she/he was not commenting on the quality or range of Sunrise shows.
Exactly.

Both studios played on what worked for them. People who liked will stay, others will just move on what they actually like.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-02, 15:20   Link #324
Samanosuke
Genma Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_RockmanX View Post
Maybe people should watch the episode first before coming to any conclusions.
I don't like to jump on conclusions either , but uh , I've seen the opening and all it screamed to me that this was going to be forced moe show. And opening for stuff like that are pretty representative of the genre. So that animated gif really didn't help.
So i'm asking if the whole episode is like that , so I know whether I should try my hands on it or not.
Samanosuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-02, 15:21   Link #325
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
I'm not coming to any conclusions. I just asked what kind of series they were attempting to do, seeing as the other 4-koma adaptation left a pretty bland taste in my mouth.
A fairly straightforward slice of life high school bit about music with little room for inserting random otaku references.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I don't see what's wrong with people asking for opinions from people who have seen the first episode.
Was more directed to Samanosuke's post regarding the "forced moe" scene, which comprises but a fraction of the fraction of the screen time Yui got.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samanosuke View Post
I don't like to jump on conclusions either , but uh , I've seen the opening and all it screamed to me that this was going to be forced moe show. And opening for stuff like that are pretty representative of the genre. So that animated gif really didn't help.
So i'm asking if the whole episode is like that , so I know whether I should try my hands on it or not.
Depends on what your defintion of forced moe is. But the rest of the episode sure didn't look much like that gif, save for maybe an SD face here or there.

Quote:
That works for some people though not all. You'll always find the person who likes to hear others opinions, i mean that's what we do on this forum pretty much everyday.
One problem with this being the whole "Someone said this series sucks. It was posted on the internet, so it must be true!" crowd that I've grown to dislike much. But if that's how anyone wants form their opinion about a show, it's not my place to do anything other than point it out I guess.

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-02, 15:24   Link #326
W-General
Bushinsoukou
*Scanlator

Send a message via ICQ to W-General Send a message via AIM to W-General Send a message via MSN to W-General
Hmmm love the opening and ending sequences. Love the attention to details. I feel I like the ED more than the OP - feel more like rock. I'll watch the rest of the episode later today, but so far so good.
W-General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-02, 15:25   Link #327
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The show will be whatever it is based on. If there is one thing KyoAni is known to be good at, it is being faithful to its source material. So if the 4koma is about some high school girls forming a band, then the show will be about some high school girls forming a band. Whatever art style and jokes are used are probably directly from the 4koma.
Old 2009-04-02, 15:26   Link #328
Littm
ちょうど楽しみなさい
*IT Support

I love this scene
Spoiler for wha:

Rather good manga adaptation. Funny, that 4-koma isn't interesting for me, but I like the first episode. LS deja vu...
Littm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-02, 15:28   Link #329
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Like Sunrise and the mechfans.
That tends to work as a valid example.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-02, 15:28   Link #330
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littm View Post
I love this scene
Spoiler for wha:

Rather good manga adaptation. Funny, that 4-koma isn't interesting for me, but I like the first episode.
Seriously, a reference i was expected to see. Especially in the first episode.
Old 2009-04-02, 15:30   Link #331
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samanosuke View Post
this...uh...looks like forced MOE to me.
Is the whole episode like that ? I can only imagine this is the trait character of this Yui chick... urgh this doesn't look good. D:
This is moe. I'm not sure what you mean by "forced moe" except moe that doesn't make you personally go moe. This show is real, true moe for me. Yui is definitely dojikko moe (i.e., clumsy moe). On the basis of the manga and the first episode, this show may well deliver personality, story, comedy, and moe. The bubbly image is known in the trade as "humor." There were about ten seconds of scenes like the bubbles image.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-02, 15:32   Link #332
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Well well, another show this year that might be actually worth watching.

Surprised at the DMC reference so early as well.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-02, 15:33   Link #333
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
Then why the hell are you in a forum in the first place?

Oh, I get it. You're here to say, "I LOVE xxx SERIES!! YEAH! I RULE", not to provide any sort of meaningful discussion, right? You know, discussion? As in two or more people exchanging opinions?

Quote:
A fairly straightforward slice of life high school bit about music with little room for inserting random otaku references.
That doesn't work. See, Lucky Star wasn't any more slice of life than any show which depicts "real life" characters. Real slice of life is something else.

That's why I'm asking, is this actually slice of life, or is it just another assortment of random gags?

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-02, 15:33   Link #334
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Keeping a watch out for the teacher... I have heard good things about her...

Hmm...
Old 2009-04-02, 15:36   Link #335
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Then why the hell are you in a forum in the first place?
Because it's still nice to have people to talk to about the shows and to have a place to post random comments/jokes/news. But ultimately, whether or not I like a show comes down to how I feel while watching it, separate from whatever anyone else may have said about it before or after. I'm a fan, not a fanboy.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-02, 15:38   Link #336
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Seriously, a reference i was expected to see. Especially in the first episode.
That's another sense of Deja-Vu I was referring to, the preferred style of Kyoani's comedy appeal. I like to call this one the "outside reference to the popular show tangibly tied to the premise of our own show and/or episode". Also the moeblob factor, but that's just par for the course and to be expected. I don't know.....just feels a little too familiar in style to their other shows even if the overall premise is different and this is coming for a person who was fully expecting this and yet still managed to get caught of guard by the Deja-Vu feel of K-On.

It's a fairly middling experience as a first episode, as have been all of their shows. If that sounds bashy to people here then I don't know what to say, that's just my impression.....wishy-washy as usual.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-02, 15:38   Link #337
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
The reference to the music comedy of 2008 was in the 4koma as well. I don't remember Mio mentioning Jimi Hendrix and Jim Page when interviewing Yui in the 4koma tho.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-02, 15:39   Link #338
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
Oh, I get it. You're here to say, "I LOVE xxx SERIES!! YEAH! I RULE", not to provide any sort of meaningful discussion, right? You know, discussion? As in two or more people exchanging opinions?
Meaningful discussion would tend to be better if two or more people had actually watched the episode instead of merely stating their immediate kneejerk reactions to screenshots or gifs, but eh...

This is what happens when I hang around threads that have a poster scream trainwreck every page.

Quote:
That doesn't work. See, Lucky Star wasn't any more slice of life as any non-fantasy show. That's why I'm asking, is this actually slice of life, or is it just another assortment of random gags?
If our definition of random gags is the same, then there's none of that.

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-02, 15:40   Link #339
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
Because it's still nice to have people to talk to about the shows and to have a place to post random comments/jokes/news. But ultimately, whether or not I like a show comes down to how I feel while watching it, separate from whatever anyone else may have said about it before or after. I'm a fan, not a fanboy.
I suppose you're implying I'm some sort of fanboy with that? lol

Either way, saying that you don't care about what people say while at the same time posting on a forum where the only thing that matters is what other people are saying is kind of silly and contradictory. So I don't know whether to take you seriously or not.

Quote:
Meaningful discussion would be better if two or more people had actually watched the episode instead of merely stating their immediate kneejerk reactions to screenshots or gifs, but eh...
I haven't even watched a single screenshot of the series except the promotional art, and I've only just watched the (rather bland, considering this is a show about rock) opening. The only pieces of information I had about this series were the fact that it was a Kyoto Animation production and it was based on a 4-koma manga. Since I've already seen a Kyoto Animation production based on a 4-koma manga, and I kind of didn't like it too much, I came here to ask about it since I'm sincerely hoping they won't do the same again, seeing how there are no fansubs available that I'm aware of.

Quote:
This is what happens when I hang around threads that have a poster scream trainwreck every page.
Exactly when have I made any actual blanket statements about this anime? Did I ever say it sucked? God, I haven't even watched the episode yet. What do you think I am, some sort of idiot?

Quote:
If our definition of random gags is the same, then there's none of that.
Random gags == Lucky Star, PaniPoni Dash (though in the latter the gags were at least consistent throughout each single episode). Good slice of life == ARIA, Ichigo Mashimaro, Azumanga Daioh, etc.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-02, 15:41   Link #340
Samanosuke
Genma Killer

Quote:
This is moe. I'm not sure what you mean by "forced moe" except moe that doesn't make you personally go moe.
yeah I guess, let's leave it at that.

Quote:
This show is real, true moe for me. Yui is definitely dojikko moe (i.e., clumsy moe). On the basis of the manga and the first episode, this show may well deliver personality, story, comedy, and moe. The bubbly image is known in the trade as "humor." There were about ten seconds of scenes like that.
I see...
Alright thanks, that covers what I suspected.
Samanosuke is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, light music, seinen