AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2008-05-27, 15:51   Link #5021
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post

I'd say so.
Damn, nosebleed...AGAIN

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-27, 16:04   Link #5022
Momo Chan
Fate is Nanoha's bish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satashi View Post
[Shameless plug] Because blond hair foxy ladies were meant to be babysitters. [/shameless plug]

Spoiler for Vampire!Fate pt.2a:

A.)Nanoha
B.)Fate
Hard choice. A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satashi View Post
XD yay, my plan worked!
I knew it! Satashi was planning this all along!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post

After a weekend of about 3-4 hours of sleep a night, staffing the Karaoke room into the late evening (and listening to some songs over and over and over again ), helping out at Yaoi Con sponsored events, lightening my wallet in the Dealers Room, and many cosplays over the 4-day con I must now return to being 'normal' . But first to show off some pics from the con
Cool pics. i wish I could go to an anime con
....wait. Yaoi con?!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam the Onion View Post
When I read that Nanoha has lupus I thought she's a warewolf I'm a bit disappointed that it wasn't it
That's what I thought TOO!
You're not alone Sam.
Though I don't get what Thesinwithin was trying to say about Lupus
Quote:
Also, happy to see that Momo-chan's corruption has gone this far
TT A TT

Quote:

I'd say so.
O____o
Momo Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-27, 16:18   Link #5023
TheShinySword
Master of the Shiny Crack
*Author

Send a message via AIM to TheShinySword Send a message via MSN to TheShinySword
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momo Chan View Post

That's what I thought TOO!
You're not alone Sam.
Though I don't get what Thesinwithin was trying to say about Lupus
Have you ever seen the show House M.D? That's what Thesinwithin's talking about. Pretty much once per episode one of the characters will suggest that the patient has Lupus and they never do.

Back on topic

Magical Babysitter Lyrical Zafira Ch 3
Progress: About 2/3 done (4434 words)
I think I'm going to split this chapter into two parts otherwise it'll get way longer then I want it to be.
TheShinySword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-27, 16:44   Link #5024
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

This is my first fanfic called "Marksman Tales" which I am planning to continue with and expand with different parts.

Original Characters info: Characters

FYI the prologue and Chapter 1 follows the anime closely but after Chapter 2 I will come up with a more of my own story.

2008-05-29 - Chapter 1 "New Recruits"
Spoiler for Chapter 1:

2008-06-04 - Chapter 2 "Incident"
Spoiler for Chapter 2:

2008-06-16 - Chapter 3 "Escape"
Spoiler for Chapter 3:

2008-06-29 - Chapter 4 "Rendezvous"
Spoiler for Chapter 4:

2008-07-19 - Chapter 5 "Extraction"
Spoiler for Text:

Author's Note about timeline
Spoiler for Spoiler:

Last edited by NorthernFallout; 2008-07-18 at 18:09. Reason: More errors fixed >_>
Old 2008-05-27, 16:52   Link #5025
Thesinwithin
Undersea Lolcano

Send a message via AIM to Thesinwithin
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShinySword View Post
Have you ever seen the show House M.D? That's what Thesinwithin's talking about. Pretty much once per episode one of the characters will suggest that the patient has Lupus and they never do.
EXCEPT THAT TIME THEY DID. I think that I died laughing. But anyway. We need to be on topic.

Quote:

I'd say so.
I think that this is a VERY GOOD PLOT BUNNY. Someone who is not me should run with it.
Thesinwithin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-27, 16:55   Link #5026
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilya View Post
Damn, nosebleed...AGAIN
What a waste of perfectly good blood

Quote:
Cool pics. i wish I could go to an anime con
....wait. Yaoi con?!!
Uh, huh. As an official Yaoi Con Bishounen I work with them at events I can make at other cons as well as at Yaoi Con itself like Bingo, Double Up, and the Bishounen Auction (only at Yaoi Con).

Quote:
O____o
Evangelion Xgouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-27, 16:56   Link #5027
ShiniIllumi

x.x; Poor Nanoha. Poor Fate. Not so hard a choice to make this time though, as I wanna know what Fate's thinking about this. Turn Nanoha? o_o; oh~boy.

B
Old 2008-05-27, 16:59   Link #5028
TheShinySword
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post

Uh, huh. As an official Yaoi Con Bishounen I work with them at events I can make at other cons as well as at Yaoi Con itself like Bingo, Double Up, and the Bishounen Auction (only at Yaoi Con).

... you're a Yaoi Con Bishounen... Do you sparkle?

If you don't I'm sure he can lend you some

Spoiler for Him:
Old 2008-05-27, 17:02   Link #5029
illidan182
Is not prepared
*Author

Send a message via MSN to illidan182
Quote:
This is the first fanfic I've ever written with these characters: Character info
----------------------------------------------
This is the prologue to my "Marksman Tales" fanfic which I am planning to continue with and expand with different parts.

Spoiler for Prologue:

----------------------------------------------
If you find any huge errors (storywise, spelling, grammatic etc.) don't hesitate to tell me about it. And since it's my first, the quality may vary
Seems like a good begining. There were only a few errors that I could point out. The quotes from the story are in parentheses, with the corrections I reccomend afterwards.

(“Is there any details?” he asked quickly.) Can change ‘Is’ to ‘Are’, sounds a bit better.

(All it says is that two of their mages has been overrun) Change ‘has’ to ‘have”

(That they are asking for help) change it to ‘that they are requesting help’

(1 hour later) change 1 to An

(had taken several hits and were lying on) Think you meant ‘was’ instead of ‘were’

(care that needs immediate) Make it need, don't need the S.

I hope that helps you at all. I'll take another look later to see if I spot anything else.

Saber - Signum - Serenn
Life is a thing most of us take for granted. Until we lose someone that we charish, are we forced to realize that things will never always be the same.
illidan182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-27, 17:09   Link #5030
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

^ Yeah, grammatical errors are my biggest weakness. That helps alot thank you.

Old 2008-05-27, 17:15   Link #5031
illidan182
Is not prepared
*Author

Quote:
^ Yeah, grammatical errors are my biggest weakness. That helps alot thank you.
I know exactly what you mean. I go through my storys like 15 times, re-reading over and over again... and they still get past me. lol

Saber - Signum - Serenn
Life is a thing most of us take for granted. Until we lose someone that we charish, are we forced to realize that things will never always be the same.
Old 2008-05-27, 17:17   Link #5032
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Problem is...I'm lazy >_<. I check it 3 or 4 times, then send it to friends for reviews and after that I send it here.
Also, english isn't my native language so it makes it a little harder.

Old 2008-05-27, 17:22   Link #5033
TheShinySword
*Author

Quote:
Problem is...I'm lazy >_<. I check it 3 or 4 times, then send it to friends for reviews and after that I send it here.
Also, english isn't my native language so it makes it a little harder.
Ah that makes sense. I've noticed people who don't speak English natively have a tendency to mix up tense and that was really one of the only problems I found. (If I find anything Illidan didn't find I'll point it out)
Old 2008-05-27, 17:27   Link #5034
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Yea, I'm having big problems with:

Is
Are
have
had
etc.

They are hard to remember for me sometimes.
I don't think it ruins it though, the message still gets through so to say. It's just annoying and ugly.

Old 2008-05-27, 17:36   Link #5035
illidan182
Is not prepared
*Author

hehe, yeah. Problem with me is, I don't have friends who will read storys I write about animes and stuff. So most of the time I have to catch it, or throw it out for the wolves (the readers, some are quite brutal with their corrections lol)

And I guess that makes things a bit more difficult with English being a second language. >.<

BTW:

(“TSAB?” Vic thought from himself.) Change 'from himself' to 'aloud'

(for them to send out a transmission requiring) remove 'out' from the sentance

(“Yes, but not much. All) Change 'much' to 'many'

(He handed him the transmission script and Vic quickly examined it.) Remove 'He' and change 'handed' to "Handing". Remove 'and' and add in a coma, switch the last three words around aswell, like this; "Handing him the transmission script, Vic examined it quickly."

(Macmillan rushed out as he screamed orders to the others around him) Can change this senance like this; "Macmillan rushed out, yelling orders to those nearby."

(Vic closed his book and began to take down the tent,) Here you can change 'take down' to 'disassemble'

(An 1 hour later they arrived at) Again, remove the number '1' from this sentance.

There's a few more corrections I came across. *Goes back to trying to finish his storys* lol, I'll re-read it again in a few to see if anything else comes up. (If you want, send any fics you write thru PM's and I'll help you out there as well in future things. ^_^)

...lol I guess this is helping me, since I want to major in english lit. when I go to collage lol... >.> *wants to be a teacher*

Saber - Signum - Serenn
Old 2008-05-27, 17:36   Link #5036
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiniIllumi View Post
x.x; Poor Nanoha. Poor Fate. Not so hard a choice to make this time though, as I wanna know what Fate's thinking about this. Turn Nanoha? o_o; oh~boy.
I'm reminded of the scene in Hellsing where Alucard turns Seras

Quote:

... you're a Yaoi Con Bishounen... Do you sparkle?

If you don't I'm sure he can lend you some

Spoiler for Him:

I only sparkle when

Spoiler for no pic, but text may burn eyes:
Evangelion Xgouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-27, 17:39   Link #5037
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by illidan182 View Post
hehe, yeah. Problem with me is, I don't have friends who will read storys I write about animes and stuff. So most of the time I have to catch it, or throw it out for the wolves (the readers, some are quite brutal with their corrections lol)

And I guess that makes things a bit more difficult with English being a second language. >.<

BTW:

(for them to send out a transmission requiring) remove 'out' from the sentance

(“Yes, but not much. All) Change 'much' to 'many'

(He handed him the transmission script and Vic quickly examined it.) Remove 'He' and change 'handed' to "Handing". Remove 'and' and add in a coma, switch the last three words around aswell, like this; "Handing him the transmission script, Vic examined it quickly."

(Macmillan rushed out as he screamed orders to the others around him) Can change this senance like this; "Macmillan rushed out, yelling orders to those nearby."

(Vic closed his book and began to take down the tent,) Here you can change 'take down' to 'disassemble'

(An 1 hour later they arrived at) Again, remove the number '1' from this sentance.

There's a few more corrections I came across. *Goes back to trying to finish his storys* lol, I'mm re-read it again in a few to see if anything else comes up. (If you want, send any fics you write thru PM's and I'll help you out there as well in future things. ^_^)

...lol I guess this is helping me, since I want to major in english lit. when I go to collage lol... >.> *wants to be a teacher*
Thank you, this helps immensely. Some things I won't change such as
"He handed him the transmission script and Vic quickly examined it."

I just don't feel it right if I change that sentence to what you suggested. Guess it works both ways.

Old 2008-05-27, 17:48   Link #5038
TheShinySword
*Author

Quote:
Yea, I'm having big problems with:

Is
Are
have
had
etc.

They are hard to remember for me sometimes.
I don't think it ruins it though, the message still gets through so to say. It's just annoying and ugly.
Well actually it can get extremely distracting when you're someone like me who speaks English as a first language.
I remember when Satashi used to get was and were mixed up all the time and I sometimes had to give up reading because it was so distracting.

Here are some things I found

Quote:

“Sarge, we’ve received a transmission from the Time-Space Administration Bureau about a search-and-rescue mission”
You need a period after mission.

Quote:
“TSAB?” Vic thought from himself.
Though to himself.
You can't think from yourself.

Quote:
They must be in a highly dangerous situation for even considering asking for their help.
It should be "The must have been in a highly dangerous situation for them to even consider asking for their help"
^ of course that isn't even fully correct but for your purposes it is. (I don't want to end up too in depth in grammar)

Quote:

Everyone turned to the sound and began moving in that direction. Vic was thinking rapidly: “Nanoha? I think I’ve heard that name before.”
The : isn't needed.

Quote:

“Haven’t you heard the name Nanoha anywhere before?”
Just Have

Quote:

“So I thought” Vic replied.
comma after thought

Quote:

“No, only a couple of bruises.” the tearful girl said, looking down on the ground.
Comma after bruises not a period

Quote:
“Ok Vita, I’m going to ask how Nanoha is doing, you just wait here.” he said and walked towards Doc.
Comma after here not a period.
Quote:

“Not good at all” he responded with a worried look. “If we can’t get her to a hospital within the next hour, she’s gone.”
comma after all

Quote:
“This is Sergeant Vic Johansen from the mercenary group “Liberty”. We have two TSAB mages in our care that need immediate medical attention. I repeat, two TSAB mages require immediate medical attention, over.”
Quotes with in quotes are always '' not ""

Quote:
“Mission accomplished” he said quietly to himself.
Comma after accomplished

I don't mean to be rude but I noticed some things that weren't quite right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by illidan182 View Post
If you change it to aloud it changes the meaning. A simple to would do better to replace the from.

Quote:

Those changes make the tense present while the rest of the piece is in past.

And if any one needs a Beta please ask me. English is my first language and I pride myself in having pretty good grammar. (Plus I actually enjoy it ><)
Old 2008-05-27, 17:57   Link #5039
illidan182
Is not prepared
*Author

Quote:
If you change it to aloud it changes the meaning. A simple to would do better to replace the from.

Those changes make the tense present while the rest of the piece is in past.

And if any one needs a Beta please ask me. English is my first language and I pride myself in having pretty good grammar. (Plus I actually enjoy it ><)
The part where I suggested changing it to 'aloud' was because Illya's character had said it instead of as a thought, but I see what you mean aswell. As he's talking to himself.

As for the other part I see what you pointed out there aswell. I'll have to think on it for a few as nothing is coming to mind at the moment.

And as for Betaing people? I plan on useing you when I finish with my next piece.

Saber - Signum - Serenn
Old 2008-05-27, 17:59   Link #5040
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Quote:
Well actually it can get extremely distracting when you're someone like me who speaks English as a first language.
I remember when Satashi used to get was and were mixed up all the time and I sometimes had to give up reading because it was so distracting.
Sorry I shouldn't talk for myself like that

Quote:
Quotes with in quotes are always '' not ""
Don't really understand, Should I remove the " around Liberty?

Quote:
I don't mean to be rude but I noticed some things that weren't quite right.
You are not. This helps me improve my grammar extremely.

And if you don't mind, could I PM you too in the future for review if you have the time?

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha