AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-01-22, 11:02   Link #3661
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I agree that LC has flaws (I've never said otherwise). And I too don't like some aspects in the last chapters. I think it's a stepdown from earlier chapters with some questionable turns of events.

Like I previously said, the pandering element is there, but I don’t agree if it’s the main cause of creating all the Gold Saints mini-arcs & fights. I mean, if a story is focusing on a certain character for a period of time and looking more into his/her personality, effort, achievements, etc, does that automatically count as pandering? Some Genei Ryodan & Akatsuki members (among others) got the same treatment, but I never heard anyone said it was pandering.
The thing is that LC was not originally suppose to be about the Gold Saints, it was about Tenma and Alone, but then, just like it happened in the original manga and what his happening to some extend in ND now, the story became more focused on the Gold Saints.

Also, I'm not saying that the formulaic way of handling the Gold Saints is the only source of pandering, but it is a big one and one of the main reasons why fans now held the series in such high regards.

There was also Kagaho's character, the sidequest to Atlantis, the Pegasus Gold Cloth, among many others are things that were added just for old fans to go Ahh. Now, were they necessarily bad? No, Kagaho is a great character, Karida vs. Rhada was a highlight of the series for me, and the chapter with the Pegasus Gold Cloth was another, but those were things that were added for nostalgia sake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
what did shion do anyway? he seems very underwhelming goldies in whole of lost canvas series
Yet he has access the the most powerful attack a single mortal character can use in the franchise: Sekishiki Tenryou Ha.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-22, 11:17   Link #3662
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozuma View Post
I can't use the "F" word?

@Obelisk

Bleach coasts on shock value endings most of the time. I can't say much about the captains but I will say that Kubo's writing on Aizen is fairly poor and nonsensical. This is agreed with by a large majority of people on two different forums I go to.

The bottom line is Naruto is inconsistent and uses "nerfing" on several different occasions. This is something its weekly SJ co-stars, "Bleach" and "One Piece" don't do.
I prefer civilized discussions. Is that wrong? If you are going to reply to me be civilized. That's all.

Also, you guys are really being offtopic. This is a Omega thread.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-22, 14:20   Link #3663
Ozuma

@Amaterasu4

C'mon man I was just being super-enthusiastic with my response man.

Also point the fingers at Obelisk for bringing up Shounen Jump's HST rather than sticking to Omega.
Ozuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-22, 15:29   Link #3664
LKK

How's about everyone on this thread stops jabbing at each other and stops talking about subjects other than Omega. Consider this more than just a suggestion.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-22, 17:19   Link #3665
Ozuma

Dialogue with Shiryu, Kiki, and Fudo absolutely godly stuff.
Old 2014-01-22, 17:26   Link #3666
Galaxian

My problem with Hyperion surviving the AE is not "OMG! That's BS how can a character survive that!" but with the fact that is a shame that after the kickass scene between those 3 Gold Saints, it was only a half victory.
Old 2014-01-22, 18:43   Link #3667
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
My problem with Hyperion surviving the AE is not "OMG! That's BS how can a character survive that!" but with the fact that is a shame that after the kickass scene between those 3 Gold Saints, it was only a half victory.
My thoughts exactly. I'm even glad that Hyperion survived the attacks. But I think we all know what's await him next.
Old 2014-01-22, 18:58   Link #3668
Galaxian

Well, since in the Omega-verse the AE is a pseudo-Omega, then Kouga and the other awakening it makes them stronger than AE, at least together, so it would make sense why it can so easily beat Rank 1 Pallasites.

Though of course, in terms of how cool it looks, the AE will always win over almost anything else.
Old 2014-01-22, 19:04   Link #3669
Ozuma

@Galaxian

Indeed. In any case it makes perfect sense that Hyperion survived seeing as how he and Titan are the top 2 of their gods four man miniboss squad.
Old 2014-01-22, 20:15   Link #3670
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
Quote:
@Galaxian

Indeed. In any case it makes perfect sense that Hyperion survived seeing as how he and Titan are the top 2 of their gods four man miniboss squad.
I'd be extremely disappointed if Hyperion lasted only one episode, since he is pretty calm and collected, with no obvious weakness. Unlike Aegaeon and Gallia, whose they were putting the blame for being too interested in humans (the former) or a psycho who thinks little of them (the latter).
He also seems to be the most loyal to his god, and having something to protect/care about, in traditional SS fashion, naturally has to give him extra resilience.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-22, 20:19   Link #3671
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goty View Post
I'd be extremely disappointed if Hyperion lasted only one episode, since he is pretty calm and collected, with no obvious weakness. Unlike Aegaeon and Gallia, whose they were putting the blame for being too interested in humans (the former) or a psycho who thinks little of them (the latter).
He also seems to be the most loyal to his god, and having something to protect/care about, in traditional SS fashion, naturally has to give him extra resilience.
That would make Titan to hard to die .
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-22, 20:24   Link #3672
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
That would make Titan to hard to die .
*Points a Rhadamanthys from LC*

It does happen a lot in Saint Seiya, the grayer the villain is, the longer he lasts
Old 2014-01-22, 21:24   Link #3673
Ozuma

Sometimes SS villains don't see a totally dignified end. IIRC in the SS OVA Hades inferno arc one of the judges of the underworld was tossed around by the blast coming from the room which the Gold Saints were opening the path to Elysium. Afterwards he went after the Bronze's but was completely and utterly vaporized by the path of Elysium which only accepts certain people.
Old 2014-01-22, 21:34   Link #3674
Miraluka
Banned

Some people don't like LoS's Shaka and made their edits

Quote:
Sometimes SS villains don't see a totally dignified end. IIRC in the SS OVA Hades inferno arc one of the judges of the underworld was tossed around by the blast coming from the room which the Gold Saints were opening the path to Elysium. Afterwards he went after the Bronze's but was completely and utterly vaporized by the path of Elysium which only accepts certain people.
I think that part only shows how broken and hard to kill Minos was.

Don't forget he curbstomped bronze saints before that.

The part of the Wailing Wall was just to prove those without God's permission you couldn't pass and go ahead.

Even in that part Minos didn't get killed by Hyoga's Aurora Execution, a sure kill attack, for the first time in the series.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-23, 07:45   Link #3675
nishikinomaki
MakiNishikino

Quote:
@Galaxian

Hyperion survived that wow shaka fail tank that Athena exclamation.

look like Europa and Mira they plan capture subaru and what they evil plan.

Europa and Mira so suspicious in action

saints vocaloid

Spoiler:

Athena exclamation

Spoiler:

Last edited by nishikinomaki; 2014-01-23 at 08:34.
nishikinomaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-23, 13:15   Link #3676
Ozuma

@Nishi

lol lol lol lol

Check-it

So I guess Shun ain't the only one who can come across as a chick-y ^^
Old 2014-01-23, 13:43   Link #3677
Ozuma

Video of the Athena Exclamation in episode:

Like how most of the dialogue is directed at Fudo asking if he's content with dying with the rest of them(makes sense since he's a renown buddhist reincarnated). Although, unintentional on his part I find it funny how he says he can reincarnate even if he dies with them.
Old 2014-01-23, 19:14   Link #3678
AGear2Ax
ClearMind

Send a message via MSN to AGear2Ax
Quote:
Video of the Athena Exclamation in episode:

eAGgYjrvOn4
And the video is down... Toei is fast with those

Does any of you know when the next magazine scans starts to appear? With only ten episodes left, one class-1 non-pallasite and two class-2 non-pallasites (Mira/Miller, looks like a class-2 to me ) How many episodes will they use the upcoming fights? For the most time it has been the non-pallasite of the week
Old 2014-01-23, 19:23   Link #3679
Ozuma

@Agear2X

You guys should've looked at it an hour after I put it up. ><

Were you that busy today?

Also yeah Toei is some quick mofos

Old 2014-01-23, 19:41   Link #3680
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

God it would be hilarious if when Shiryu returns he is blind
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote