AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-08-20, 07:16   Link #181
Knight_of_Zero
Knight of Zero

Code Geass, The Knight of Zero chapter 19: Forgiveness and Revenge. (It says chapter 20, but that's because chapter 19 is actually chapter 18.5).
Linus Winterback's identity is finally revealed, and as time moves ever closer to war, will Linus be able to stop Schneizel in time? And as he decides to try and help Suzaku, another, more sinister figure has finally remembered who he is, and more importantly, who he hates.
In the name of the citizens of Britannia, the Knight of Zero rides forth... but will his seemingly unstoppable advance be halted? Read on!
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4394272/...Knight_of_Zero
(I have this hunch that there's something missing, whether it be Ashford Academy scenes, or murders, or Nunally versus Charles. Please tell me what YOU think it is!)
Knight_of_Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-20, 11:11   Link #182
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Tangents did it. Suzaku has no need for a support unit. Luciano is the type to get them simply so he can torture people.
They came with Galahad at first though, and neither Anya nor Gino displayed support units either. I feel that they were just placed under his command or he took them under his command at that moment, and they are more a separate unit from the KoR's really. Though I do think given the chibi shot from Turn 17, they were probably fond of Luciano a bit myself <_<
Old 2008-08-20, 13:57   Link #183
Masterkeyes2
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Masterkeyes2 Send a message via MSN to Masterkeyes2 Send a message via Yahoo to Masterkeyes2
Well I always thought the little batling harclips signified there loyalty to Lucaino.
Masterkeyes2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-20, 17:56   Link #184
Knight_of_Zero
Knight of Zero

... Nobody knows, do they.
Hmmm.... This could mean that a) Bismarck was only bringing the Valkyries to Japan for Luciano to use, i.e they missed the flight he was taking so they went on the next one, OR b) Bismarck is actually into all this relatively scary batwing, human torture stuff, and although he is trying to keep it secret it is impossible, therefore he makes the Valkyries wear those hairpins. A quiet expression of his true personality, I guess.
Old 2008-08-20, 19:11   Link #185
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterkeyes2 View Post
Well I always thought the little batling harclips signified there loyalty to Lucaino.
Like I said, because no one else besides Luciano has demonstrated a support unit like that solely for his cause it kind of makes me doubt it, especially without say an official verification as such and such sporadic indications in the show itself. Instead, I just opt for an unofficial sort of command, where the Valkyries were just more overly fond of him but remained a separate unit in name at least regardless of that preference on their part.
Old 2008-08-20, 19:21   Link #186
Knight_of_Zero
Knight of Zero

It must be a rare skill, being able to like Luciano. It worries me.
Old 2008-08-20, 20:08   Link #187
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight_of_Zero View Post
It must be a rare skill, being able to like Luciano. It worries me.
Well, actually if we go back into the annuls of Code Geass History, we can take a look at Marika's brother Kewell, who was a member of the Purist faction. Said Purist faction was very discriminatory against numbers as well, which kind of reminds me of Luciano's attitude in general, so I thought that was something they could have identified with him in this case.
Old 2008-08-20, 20:49   Link #188
Knight_of_Zero
Knight of Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
Well, actually if we go back into the annuls of Code Geass History, we can take a look at Marika's brother Kewell, who was a member of the Purist faction. Said Purist faction was very discriminatory against numbers as well, which kind of reminds me of Luciano's attitude in general, so I thought that was something they could have identified with him in this case.
Well, the discrimination, however much I don't like it, I can understand. But the enjoyment of suffering, using allies as tools, his overall attitude... the list is too long.
Old 2008-08-20, 22:06   Link #189
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Well, the discrimination, however much I don't like it, I can understand. But the enjoyment of suffering, using allies as tools, his overall attitude... the list is too long.
Uhh, he's a handsome hunk with a really high status and he kicks major ass in battle. Besides, blood and gore can be a bit of a turn on, you know girls like them bad boy types
Old 2008-08-20, 22:33   Link #190
Knight_of_Zero
Knight of Zero

Quote:
Uhh, he's a handsome hunk with a really high status and he kicks major ass in battle. Besides, blood and gore can be a bit of a turn on, you know girls like them bad boy types
He's hardly handsome... Ah well. Each to their own, I guess.
Old 2008-08-20, 23:49   Link #191
Masterkeyes2
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Masterkeyes2 Send a message via MSN to Masterkeyes2 Send a message via Yahoo to Masterkeyes2
For someone reason I am seemingly the only one that liked Lucaino. I can't see why writers (who write fight scenes) don't like him. I mean he would such fun to use! For example he would be the guy who could grab a friendly Knightmare use as a shield, then strap a bomb to him and throw him at the enemy! Aside from Cornelia grabbing that Knightmare frame in episode 25 and using him as a shield not alot of pilots are that much of an asshole to were it is in-character for them to do such low and dirty tricks....well not to your own side.

I just think that pschyo mecha pilots are the funnest to write because they are just utterly insane. Kinda of like Richard from LFG.
Old 2008-08-20, 23:53   Link #192
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Actually, if you recall, that nameless mook shoved Cornelia backwards, and didn't subject himself to be being used as a shield.
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-21, 00:06   Link #193
Masterkeyes2
*Author

In episode 24? No he got sliced in half by Todoh.
Old 2008-08-21, 00:17   Link #194
Aquaman OS

Yeah but he took the blow for her. She didn't throw him in the way. And she seemed rather pissed about it.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-21, 02:32   Link #195
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
Actually, if you recall, that nameless mook shoved Cornelia backwards, and didn't subject himself to be being used as a shield.
Go back and watch that in slow motion, his Sutherland got up and pushed Cornelia's Glousester out of the way. Cornelia didn't use him as a shield.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-21, 02:42   Link #196
Knight_of_Zero
Knight of Zero

It WAS the pilot who threw himself forwards (Cornelia's Gloucestr never touched the Sutherland, I checked) but I don't know how the Sutherland moved forwards. Rocket boosters? But she was pissed by Tohdoh, not the death.
Old 2008-08-21, 06:49   Link #197
Knight_of_Zero
Knight of Zero

Code Geass: The Knight of Zero Chapter 20
The Gloucester Guard: Swords of Prince Linus.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4394272/21/
In the name of Prince Linus! The Gloucester Guard and Jeremiah mount a rescue mission to save Linus, led by Lelouch, but to get to him they must defeat Schneizel. What will happen?
Old 2008-08-21, 10:35   Link #198
Masterkeyes2
*Author

Quote:
It WAS the pilot who threw himself forwards (Cornelia's Gloucestr never touched the Sutherland, I checked) but I don't know how the Sutherland moved forwards. Rocket boosters? But she was pissed by Tohdoh, not the death.
Ah you are right. That actually looks a little odd now that I replay that scene.
Old 2008-08-21, 17:07   Link #199
Knight_of_Zero
Knight of Zero

Code Geass: The Knight of Zero
Chapter 21: The Swords of Linus, Part 2
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4394272/22/

The battle against Schneizel's army continues, but the 4th Army from Chofu base, 300 Knightmares strong, are quickly approaching. Will the Gloucester Guard escape in time? And what about Schneizel's offer to Linus? Will he accept?
Old 2008-08-21, 19:39   Link #200
Knight_of_Zero
Knight of Zero

Quote:
Like I said, because no one else besides Luciano has demonstrated a support unit like that solely for his cause it kind of makes me doubt it, especially without say an official verification as such and such sporadic indications in the show itself. Instead, I just opt for an unofficial sort of command, where the Valkyries were just more overly fond of him but remained a separate unit in name at least regardless of that preference on their part.
http://www.geass.jp/world_03_ex.html?pid=chara_56.html
This excerpt is from the official description of the Grausam Valkyrie unit taken from the link above: 「ブリタニアの吸血鬼」に異名を持つ、ナイト・オブ・テン ルキアーノ・ブラッドリーの親衛隊 。 This, when translated, means "The bodyguard of the Knight of Ten, Luciano Bradley, who holds the nickname 'Vampire of Britannia'." Problem solved.

Tags
character, discussion