AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2004-09-27, 19:04   Link #61
Kyolux

Send a message via MSN to Kyolux
This is my first time watching anything Cutie honey (both Re: ovas) and it's one of the most entertaining shows I've watched in a while. I think I fell in love with Honey ^_~...

So all the other series are licensed? Looks like one more thing I gotta spot, are they for sale on dvds in Canada? Buying on the web isn't my thing..
Kyolux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-28, 15:45   Link #62
ultrataro

Only the first OAV series was liscenced. you should be able to find the 8 eps on 2 DVDs under title of New Cutey Honey from ADV I think.
AFAIK none of the other series' hsa been liscenced, although I would be very surprised if Re:Cutie Honey doesn't get liscenced soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyolux
This is my first time watching anything Cutie honey (both Re: ovas) and it's one of the most entertaining shows I've watched in a while. I think I fell in love with Honey ^_~...

So all the other series are licensed? Looks like one more thing I gotta spot, are they for sale on dvds in Canada? Buying on the web isn't my thing..
ultrataro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-28, 18:25   Link #63
robin

Quote:
Originally Posted by thr
They recalled their release yesterday due to an encoding issue. Hopefully a new version isn't far behind.
Downloaded version 2 - and
it still has encoding problems . Looks like they are going to have to recall it again. What they hell are they using?
robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-28, 20:39   Link #64
babbito2k
annoying white bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by robin
Downloaded version 2 - and it still has encoding problems. Looks like they are going to have to recall it again. What they hell are they using?
This isn't really the place for this, this is a technical problem - and it's on your end, not the fansubbers'. I got all kinds of artifacts until I disabled ffdshow and let xvid do the decoding. It looks great. Go get G-Spot if you need a utility to give you encoding details about .avi files.

This show is amazing. It makes every other recent series look and feel dreary and boring! Too many series have settled for being 'realistic' lately instead of dragging the viewer into a totally fantastic but convincing world. Anno remembers what anime magic is all about, and I have to thank him for bringing it back to us.
babbito2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-28, 23:28   Link #65
NeverRamza

Quote:
it still has encoding problems . Looks like they are going to have to recall it again. What they hell are they using?
Download and install this:

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/vi...rs/ffdshow.cfm

Then your problems will be solved.
NeverRamza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-29, 03:31   Link #66
A Lamer
あほぉ&

Quote:
Originally Posted by babbito2k
This isn't really the place for this, this is a technical problem - and it's on your end, not the fansubbers'. I got all kinds of artifacts until I disabled ffdshow and let xvid do the decoding. It looks great. Go get G-Spot if you need a utility to give you encoding details about .avi files.

This show is amazing. It makes every other recent series look and feel dreary and boring! Too many series have settled for being 'realistic' lately instead of dragging the viewer into a totally fantastic but convincing world. Anno remembers what anime magic is all about, and I have to thank him for bringing it back to us.
I'm with babbito, disabling ffdshow for xvid encoded files = problem solved. If you dont know how to do this, I suggest you learn. Computer illiteracy is a plague, and people refuse to take the cure.
A Lamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-29, 08:18   Link #67
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Originally Posted by babbito2k
Hrm, I guess I will disagree.
Shows that go for at least semi-realistic, or even internally self consistent drag me into their worlds more effectively. (For example, Dears was much more believable.)
Also, I guess the whole "nano-machine" genre seems a bit too wacky to me.

This show is fun to watch but its a but too flipsidaisical to make me want to watch it more than once or twice. The lyrics of the intro music are quite amusing nonetheless
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-29, 12:33   Link #68
Pai
ハガレン fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srin Tuar
This show is fun to watch but its a but too flipsidaisical to make me want to watch it more than once or twice.
I agree!
Imo this anime is overated...
Old 2004-09-29, 13:45   Link #69
babbito2k
annoying white bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srin Tuar
...Shows that go for at least semi-realistic, or even internally self consistent drag me into their worlds more effectively. (For example, Dears was much more believable.)...
Cutey Honey isn't trying to be realistic; it's a window into someplace where really amazing stuff is going on. The fact that some people are uncomfortable with it kind of makes my point that this show is bucking recent trends, as there used to be quite a lot of this kind of thing back in the day.

Anime is just a sequence of pictures and sounds; there isn't any right way to use them to tell a story. Not every show is put together to deliver magic but I appreciate the ones which do.
babbito2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-30, 00:17   Link #70
LK_LoA

I can't imagine Yui as Honey though. I'll have to watch it and decide whether she can convince me that she's Honey.
LK_LoA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-30, 00:40   Link #71
thr

Quote:
As far as I can tell the new version is perfectly fine. I suggest you simply use VLC and be done with it.

And to get on-topic again: I quite love this show. It's outrageous, vivid and bold, who cares if it's even semi-realistic? I don't know, it reminds me of Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow as both share that their style is their substance and they are simply a joy to watch, even repeatedly. And Honey grows more and more on me after each viewing.
thr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-02, 12:51   Link #72
Zaq

I'm desperately looking for raws of Re: Cutie Honey, anyone happen to know where I could get my hands on them? Thanks in advance.
Zaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-02, 19:47   Link #73
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Sorry, but we do not allow links to raw anime in this forum. It crosses over our code of ethics to provide pirated anime without the "added value" of subtitles. Without that we're just pirates.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-03, 20:13   Link #74
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Sorry, but we do not allow links to raw anime in this forum. It crosses over our code of ethics to provide pirated anime without the "added value" of subtitles. Without that we're just pirates.
Even if you only are looking for raws in order to subtitle them
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-04, 01:37   Link #75
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Correct. I'd suggest that you go on irc and ask there how to get ahold of raws. I'm sure that some fansubbers will be glad to tell you how they do it.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2004-10-10, 22:50   Link #76
Fin Fish
Arinatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuru
I wish someone would finish the Cutey Honey F fansubs. Sachi did 24 episodes and someone did the "movie", but there're quite a lot more episodes to be done.
Cutie Honey F was fansubbed. O.o When? Where? I didn't know that... though I never liked F too much.
But I like Re: Cutie Honey and I really wan't to see the live Action now! This is by far my favorite of all the Cutie Honey anime made. And I love Koda Kumi's version of the opening song as well as the ending. *_*
I can't wait for the Final Episode.
Fin Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-11, 01:05   Link #77
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

It was subbed on VHS. Good luck finding it. And they never finished it!!!

Old 2004-10-26, 15:52   Link #78
Rebochan
Clubbing

Since I started watching this along with the recent fansubs of the original series, it's easier for me to get into it, though being a heterosexual female makes the first episode's heavy-duty fanservice a chore. However, I liked both episodes and I'm anxiously awaiting the conclusion. I liked how the second episode moved smoothly from total camp into plot development (decorated by camp). The finale should be quite exciting if the preview and the previous events are anything to go by.
Rebochan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-30, 06:01   Link #79
7thMethuselah

Hmmm, this show was recommended to me by a friend so I took it upon me to give it a try. Quite something different from what I expected. Very flashy, energetic, fast paced, hilarious and filled with action. Those cops were killing me, they never stopped smiling The action was more something of a parody but well done, refreshing to see this type of anime every once in a while. I'm gonna try the second episode as well
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-31, 00:08   Link #80
ChoBaka
Semi-retired Translator

Hi folks...

I've given up fansubbing, but I'd be willing to come out of hibernation to translate the last episode of this beauty. Does anyone have ANY CLUE when the h*ll the third episode is coming out? Is it already out and I just don't know about it? I remember something vaguely about it being delayed, then I lost Internet for almost a month. Bleh!
ChoBaka is offline   Reply With Quote