AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

View Poll Results: Higurashi (second series) Episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 39 23.21%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 47 27.98%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 51 30.36%
7 out of 10 : Good 21 12.50%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 3.57%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.60%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.19%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.60%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 168. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-06, 06:49   Link #81
Thisguy
Negikamo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsky123 View Post
i wanna see the uber fight scene at the last few episodes, since the animation got such a huge improvement
Now that it's mentioned, I wonder which side of events will be animated more than other...
I'd shit out if certain person's kicking-ass scene had been animated, but it's been repeatedly said that Anime Kai has it's own story...
Old 2007-07-06, 07:10   Link #82
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
Exclamation Great....

Well the fake sub had me fooled but the jokes' on them because I got to see the raw.

-Late thirties/early forties Rena: MEOW! Oh yeah!

The OP and the ED themes are interesting but don't have quite the psycho energy
and urgency of the first seasons - I'm sure they'lll grow on me. The interest was in
the animation and seeing some of the characters behaviors. Interesting.
Old 2007-07-06, 07:45   Link #83
iczelion74
Lost Soul

Ok so ep one was the Demo Script verbatim, so I guess we are moving into Minagoroshi-hen in ep 2 right?

Spoiler for huge spoiler dont read unless you know everything, kamo:
Old 2007-07-06, 07:56   Link #84
MarthX

Amazing episode. I hope the series maintains this quality throughout the entire 24 episodes.
Old 2007-07-06, 07:57   Link #85
FreedomMS
Sola FTW

wait...The one in animesuki that is subbed by hauu is fake?
Old 2007-07-06, 08:26   Link #86
karumofin

um... scrolling thorugh it actually seems to be real...
Old 2007-07-06, 08:48   Link #87
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
The Hauu one is real, although a bit on the low-quality side (mostly video, I didn't notice anything wrong with the translation).

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
Old 2007-07-06, 09:07   Link #88
purplefinch
jar

Send a message via MSN to purplefinch
I thought the anon sub was real at first..until I started reading it was fake but still downloaded anyways hehe.

Anyways, episode 1...good, good. Since it was 30 years after..1978. Then add and you get 2008. Lets just say Rena was..mm..14 in 1983 now subtract age until you get to 1978(5 years apart=9 in 1978), then lets say she was born in 1969, subtract 1969 from 2008 and Rena is 39. I had one problem with older Rena, she still sounded like she was 14 lol. Didn't really match older Rena.

Anyways, OP+ED was good. I can wait for the full versions though. I especially like ED, pretty scenes. But still, not as 'powerful' as last season's OP+ED.

I think the art is 'moe' now..Personally, I enjoyed last season's art, but I guess I'll get used to this.
Old 2007-07-06, 09:13   Link #89
BakaOnna

Sigh, now I wish I'd never read the ending spoilers on wiki. Oh well. That was still very interesting info. I'm glad DEEN is going to animate all the stuff they left out in the first season.

Overall, I thought it was a solid episode. I really like the opening, though not as much as the first. I wish there was a preview for the next episode though.
I really like the upped artwork.
Old 2007-07-06, 09:14   Link #90
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Send a message via MSN to johnishida
Just watched it from Hauu~. Video Quality was so-so, Audio was Ok and translation was well done, in my opinion.

The OP and ED are both beautifully made though, I like why or why not better for the ED the new one is just fine.

Much of this eoisode was a prologue for the series and they also animated some of scenes they did not animate in tsumihoroboshi-hen. Really liked this first episode.
Old 2007-07-06, 09:47   Link #91
MarthX

Quote:
Originally Posted by BakaOnna View Post
Sigh, now I wish I'd never read the ending spoilers on wiki. Oh well. That was still very interesting info. I'm glad DEEN is going to animate all the stuff they left out in the first season.

Overall, I thought it was a solid episode. I really like the opening, though not as much as the first. I wish there was a preview for the next episode though.
I really like the upped artwork.
There is a next episode preview but the raw/sub doesn't have it yet for some reason.

You can see it here: http://rapidshare.com/files/41348356...jf_nb.asx.html
Old 2007-07-06, 09:51   Link #92
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

A nicely done episode to get things rolling. Animation quality has taken a leap for the better (crappy video quality of the sub aside) and looks great. 30 year older Rena = hot 0_o. I have to wonder how she survived the incident ... though i bet it will be touched upon soon. Nothing really "new" happened, so not much to comment upon.

The new OP is decent, but imo it doesn't stand anywhere near the previous OP, which was made of pure awesomeness. It lacks the "creepiness" aspect to a degree. Looks like focus is going to be on Rika ... can't wait to see how things turn out. This is definitely my most anticipated show of this season... especially since i have managed to remain unspoiled, and would like to keep it that way
Old 2007-07-06, 09:53   Link #93
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

marthx : geh, somehow i can't read that file... is there something special to have befor being able to play this?

skyfall : it has been mentionned by Ooishi that she was hospitilized. so we can conclude that Rena was transferred during the same night of her arrest to an hospital. Also, good thing you weren't spoiled so far, you will understand why the tone of the EP changed so much, and frankly, if they were going to keep the same creepiness from season 1, it would be stupid :x

ho well, i finally wrote my summary and thoughts, you can read it here
Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni Kai, Episode 1 : Reunion (Summary + Screencaps)

That deserved a 10 for this gorgeous start, seriously ^_^
Old 2007-07-06, 09:55   Link #94
MarthX

Opening it with Window's Media Player should work even if clicking on it doesn't open it up.
Old 2007-07-06, 09:57   Link #95
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

^ ho well, thanks, it works well. the change of the preview style is really... beyond i could imagine

meh, it is pretty much confirmed that Yakusamashi will show "present" days. good thing.
Old 2007-07-06, 10:03   Link #96
Miko Miko
Imouto-Chan♥
*Graphic Designer

the second ending!
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=280iposnqsw

Hanyuu!

Old 2007-07-06, 10:27   Link #97
Garet Linegod

Seems like サイカイ really is just 再会, as according to the preview, the next episode is the first chapter of Yakusamashi.
Old 2007-07-06, 10:30   Link #98
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

so, Hanyuu was indeed saying "Yakusamashi dai ichi" ?
pretty much great that Yakusamashi won't focus only on tsumihoroboshi aftermath, but will be a whole unique chapter then ^^
Old 2007-07-06, 10:59   Link #99
MrZombie

I like it. A nice recap of the events that lead up to Hinamizawa's fate. Also, it was great to finally see a trap used in the anime! I give it an eight.
Old 2007-07-06, 11:13   Link #100
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

It feels so good to have Higurashi back. First episode did a great job at reminding me just why i fell in love with the first season. You wouldn't expect that it was a anime original part of the story.

No new BGM's. Each track used, appears on the first & second soundtrack --- though that could be because its a back-flash episode, and new material starts next week. I'm not bothered either way, i love kenji's work for the first series, making me happy if the first season score carries on being used.

Old Rena was nice, especially her 'classic' freak out part.

Ah i just love the new OP. Straight away i can say it fits as a Higurashi OP so perfectly, song and video --- video is beautiful. As for song, i'm gonna have to listen to 'Naraku no Hana' more before i decide.

ED is lovely, though nothing can beat 'why, or why not' in the mystery perfect ending department. Especially the little piece played at the end for episode previews.