AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2011-05-19, 22:27   Link #821
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Geez and I thought that call when Wade had one in the 4th quarter last night as out of bounds on him when it clearly went off of Chicago was bad...Manchester United should go after Durant. Since refs think he's legit, he'll get penalty shots like wildfire.

Edit: And OKC level it. Looks like Harden was the difference.

Last edited by Last Sinner; 2011-05-19 at 22:48.
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-19, 22:46   Link #822
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Wow, that first one may very well be the worst foul call I've ever seen in any level of basketball.

Anyway, OKC wins but I didn't expect Dallas to sweep, so I still have them in 6 games.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-20, 15:17   Link #823
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

OKC is so deep. Not only did they sit Westbrook but Perkins and Ibaka sat for a while and they still pulled out the win.

I know Scott Brooks will probably continue to roll with Sefolosha for strategic reasons but Harden should really be starting.
Old 2011-05-20, 17:06   Link #824
Prodigy
Heartless

It's sad how inconsistent the refereeing is in these playoffs. Sometimes its to the point that it makes you think that the games are rigged.

Also, I love how the media shits on Westbrook for taking too many shots or playing poorly but when Rose does the same they blame it on his teammates.
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-20, 18:45   Link #825
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy View Post
It's sad how inconsistent the refereeing is in these playoffs. Sometimes its to the point that it makes you think that the games are rigged.
See: THE LAST 20 YEARS OF NBA BASKETBALL...
Old 2011-05-20, 19:27   Link #826
judasmartel
*Author

But why would they rig it? To prolong the series for more profit? To favor more popular teams?
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-20, 19:33   Link #827
yeahitschris

they probably a young and athletic team (OKC) against CHI / MIA
Old 2011-05-20, 20:31   Link #828
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
But why would they rig it? To prolong the series for more profit? To favor more popular teams?
I honestly don't think that the NBA is rigged. Yes, the refs make a lot of mistakes, but that's because they're just human. And yes, they do give calls to KD, but they're called Superstar calls, not KD calls, i.e. every superstar gets them and everyone who's ever had to defend one during the playoffs knows this. My chief proof back is in '08 when LeBron vs. Kobe was being hyped like crazy. Remember all those Nike ads? No doubt, if the NBA really wanted to make more money, they would've rigged it so that Cleveland won against the Magic.
Old 2011-05-20, 21:21   Link #829
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Not that this is trying to enhance the overall suggestions of NBA refs cheating (since I don't subscribe to it radically), but...

Tim Donaghy, former NBA ref, went to prison for cheating (Gambling on games he reffed)...He squealed on how many other refs were cheating in federal court, and it got swept under the rug by David Stern...Now that doesn't mean the ref was ever gonna blow the whistle on Micheal Jordan when he CLEARLY pushed Byron Russel in his a$$bone while swishing that final basket in his last championship vs. Utah, but where there's smoke there's LAVA...
Old 2011-05-20, 22:53   Link #830
judasmartel
*Author

Then I think it's just some fans who can't take nicely the defeat of their team to obviously better teams, unless if both teams are equal in strength or when the losing team is clearly better than the winning team (in any perspective).

That reminds me of the Kings-Lakers series and the Sixers-Bucks series in '01 wherein some people (me included) think that these series were rigged in favor of the Lakers and the Sixers, respectively, just because Los Angeles and Philly are better markets than say, Sacramento and Milwaukee.

In our native language, "Ayaw nilang langawin ang NBA Finals." (Translates to "They just don't want the NBA Finals to become an epic fail in terms of marketing.)

Probably they should have tried out a Kings-Bucks Finals, though. Even if Sacramento and Milwaukee aren't big-time markets.

@Mavs I think it's time to redeem themselves from that '06 NBA Finals loss. I heard that Stern had hard feelings for Cuban at that time, and if it is true, then Stern would have made it possible that Dallas lost the series against the Heat even when DAL already leads 2-0. Otherwise, the Heat were just a better team.
Old 2011-05-20, 23:13   Link #831
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Seeing Haslem back at last was brilliant.
I really don't think fans of other clubs realize what we've missed with Haslem out for so long, he's clearly the 4th best player on the roster, gives us a lot of things noone else does, is a spark and if Bosh is playing horrible (1-18 vs the Bulls) you can sit him for Haslem... both Denver and Dallas tried to sign him for the full MLE the last offseason. It's great too use Udonis get some burn now, because if we beat the Bulls and meet up with Dallas we're going to need him to play on Dirk. His defense on Dirk in the 06 finals is criminally overlooked.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-21, 23:06   Link #832
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

A weird game tonight. OKC dug themselves such a hole yet almost got out of it. Dallas get the momentum back their way in this series. Much more defensive game tonight. Durant and Nowitzki were held well this time. Although OKC going 1/17 from the 3-point line....what on earth?
Old 2011-05-22, 22:41   Link #833
judasmartel
*Author

Heat now leads 2-1. Ready to taste some beef steak?

@2011 NBA Draft Shall a PG dominate the draft once again?
Old 2011-05-22, 23:03   Link #834
Elo the Blue

Quote:
Heat now leads 2-1. Ready to taste some beef steak?

@2011 NBA Draft Shall a PG dominate the draft once again?
Beyond Irving and Knight, I don't know of any PGs worth drafting early.

Great win for Miami. Haslem was relatively quiet but had some big baskets late along with LeBron and Wade. Bosh abused Chicago's front court all-star game.
Old 2011-05-23, 03:42   Link #835
Mentar
Banned

Time to give Dirk a ring. This guy is really deserving of one.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-23, 06:35   Link #836
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
(Translates to "They just don't want the NBA Finals to become an epic fail in terms of marketing.)
The entire league has been a big marketing fail.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-23, 09:07   Link #837
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Well, yeah. 22 out of 30 clubs making a loss financially. NBA in the red to the tune of $300 million this year and in the $350 million range the last few years. Clearly they are doing some things wrong and need to nurture more interest and market other cities better. Outside the top few teams, there just isn't much interest.
Old 2011-05-23, 09:35   Link #838
judasmartel
*Author

Which is why they want to hold the NBA Finals in more popular markets, is that it?
Old 2011-05-23, 10:36   Link #839
Elo the Blue

Quote:
Which is why they want to hold the NBA Finals in more popular markets, is that it?
Ideally. The Lakers and Celtics aside, there really aren't any good teams in popular markets.
Old 2011-05-23, 23:09   Link #840
LusterFlare
Lost.

Wow, what a comeback. Good job, Dallas.
LusterFlare is offline   Reply With Quote