AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-02-26, 16:47   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Tokko

Tokko has been pre-licensed by Manga Entertainment. In addition it's produced by MFI, therefore we won't be listing fansubs here on AnimeSuki. See Removal of Media Factory Inc. Works for details.

Since it is pre-licensed, the following posts are no longer allowed.
  • Asking where you can find Tokko downloads or torrents.
  • Discussing Tokko fansub groups (past or present).
  • Asking for help downloading Tokko.
  • Asking for playback help for Tokko episodes.
These rules applies to fansubs (in English or any other language) and raws alike.

You still are allowed to discuss the anime, that has not changed but please remember to limit the discussion to the story. End of edit by Mod (xris)
---

A new series that is scheduled to air in the month of April. I became interested in the series after reading the following in AniDB:

Quote:
Shindou just became a new investigator for Tokki: The Special Mobile Investigation Force. On the day of his graduation, he finally saw the half-naked girl that he had always saw in his dream in real life and finds out that she`s part of Tokko: The Special Public Safety Task Force. Shindou ends up joining Tokko to revenge his parents` death who`s bodies were ripped into pieces...

Then I found out it's airing in WOWOW. With the current trend of high budgeted animes are airing in that channel, I'm expecting good thing from the show even though I found the description a bit amusing.

P.S. I've searched to see if there was any existing threads before creating this one. If I still missed the thread on this series in question, then I deserve a spanking.

Last edited by xris; 2006-04-19 at 10:58.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-26, 17:18   Link #2
Mephisto2k
anime4life

ive read the tokko manga by animewaves. too bad the manga is produced so slowly (like 1 chapter a month), but this is so awesome. The manga is one of the best dark action types ive ever read. Im so fcking happy there will be an anime made from it.

My synapsis of the manga story (detailed introduction into Tokko story; might contain light spoiler though): --->
Dark bloody endtime apocalyptical settings in near future japan. Crimerate is strongly increasing and there are lots of mass murder massacres lately the police is allmost powerless against. What the police dont know is that those bloody murders are made by uberstrong demon-like creatures who came straight from a hole that is a gate to Hell(?), opened by an incident with pandoras box(?).
There was a majour massacre few years ago at the maincharacters appartement. 96% who lived there were brutally killed including the maincharacters parents. He survived together with his sister and few others and joined the police to avenge his parents. But there is a special public savety unit who are killing off those allways returning seemingly immortal demons,... with blades. This unit is called Tokko and its members are all surviver of that majour massacre and contain inhuman strengh. Where comes their strengh from? Whats the secret behind the grand massacre? Whats the dark secret behind Tokko? Whats with that growing hole where those demons come through? Why is the maincharacter dreaming of this girl who is a tokko member? Will he be able to avenge his parents and will he join tokko and to what price? Why are all tokko members survivers of the massacre?

I hope all those who have read this preview will be interested in tokko and i hope that the crew responsible for the tokko anime wont mess it up.
Mephisto2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-26, 17:29   Link #3
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Sounds a bit cliched, though still potentally interesting. If it's done well it could be a good series. I'll be sure to check it out.
Old 2006-02-26, 19:41   Link #4
JOJOS'STAR
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356
Sounds a bit cliched, though still potentally interesting. If it's done well it could be a good series. I'll be sure to check it out.
I agree. Perfect subject to a early license. Great quality graphics, glut scenarios.. meh I might as well take a look I've happen to be suprised.
Old 2006-02-27, 02:01   Link #5
NeoSam

TOKKO

Broadcast: April 2006

http://www.wowow.co.jp/anime/tokko/

Its based on a manga thats serialized in the seinen(young men's) manga magazine Afternoon.
Its 3 volumes and finished.

There are two versions of the manga volumes, regular edition and the deluxe edition.

The covers of the manga volumes:

Deluxe edition of the 3 manga volumes:

Info from AnimeNfo:

Quote:
Because of the grand sinking, there appeared a big "hole" near the apartment complex in Machida. Therewith, 185 families, almost all the inhabitants there, were killed miserably. The Police couldn't find any clue of this ferocious mass murder. However, an old man and a disgusting relic from the Middle Age called "Durj Box" were related to this case.

5 years have passed since then. It is near future. Tokyo has two faces; the one is a prospered megalopolise, the other one is a criminal city. Shindo Ranmaru, one of the survivors of the tragedy occurred in Machida, has become a policeman to solve the mass murder case. One day, he is informed that a drug habitue is rampaging around Shibuya. However, what he sees there is not so easy. The monsters that apparently don’t look like human are assaulting people. It is the members of Tokko, or the Special Mobile Squad Public Branch, including Rokujo Sakura, that save helpless policemen. To be surprised, they fight against monsters not with guns or nightsticks, but with swords.

Then, Shindo learns the surprising fact that Japan will be demolished within two years, and he has to face the tragedic fate to fight against monsters that come from the "hole".
Genre: Seinen, Action, Horror
Old 2006-02-27, 12:13   Link #6
Ending

Never been a fan of detective-stories and this looks like one. The characters look pretty standard too.
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-28, 10:52   Link #7
Mephisto2k
anime4life

no. this is definitly not a detective story. Its more a dark postapokalyptical cool-guy brutal story with a great mysterious story and background information.
The characters are great too. Theres a hot sister who maybe loves his oni-sama(mainchar) a little bit too much. Then theres the avarage collage guy (mainchar) and his avarage friend to fool around with. Then theres the supr cool tokko sword waman with her cool moves and silent cool character. Her tokko friend whos hot and open minded; and many more.
the characters might not be that new or original, but set into this dark postapocalyptical world those characters fit perfectly well and make a whole new dimension of atmosphere.
Or so goes for the manga.
But its definitly not some kind of detective story with avarage boring characters.
Mephisto2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-28, 21:36   Link #8
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Orikasa Fumiko is taking the lead in this show Reason enough for me to watch.
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-15, 11:48   Link #9
lavielove

Can somebody post the screen shots for first episodes in here ? thanks.
lavielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-15, 15:54   Link #10
Omniscient

I'll be posting screenshots shortly, but I have to say that the first episode is rated R-15, and had a lot of blood and gore (people getting shot in the face, decapitated).
The ED also has the main girl topless....
Omniscient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-15, 16:16   Link #11
BluWacky
尻の竜

It's also pre-licensed!

Somehow I'm entirely unsurprised that Manga have this show...
BluWacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-15, 17:18   Link #12
Omniscient

Episode 01 Screencaps

Not really the series for me, but your mileage may vary.
Omniscient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-15, 19:07   Link #13
Izzile

So...volume one in one episode! Yay!
Izzile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-15, 21:42   Link #14
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

TOKKO maybe the next thing after Elfen Lied just in terms of gore and violence & nudity, though there's plenty of action.

It would be wishful thinking if this title delivers a mind-breaking plot and superb characters, however, with all that gratuitious fanservice and gore I doubt it for now.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-15, 21:47   Link #15
lavielove

Just wake up and see the screen-shots .Saya erokawaii! =D shindo acting like the same way in manga,licking his face too.rockie.
Old 2006-04-16, 04:46   Link #16
SinsI

Am I the only one that found the character design inferior to the manga?
For example, that full-frontal shot of half-nude sword-wielding woman made a lot more impression in manga than in the anime.
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-16, 05:59   Link #17
lavielove

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinsI
Am I the only one that found the character design inferior to the manga?
For example, that full-frontal shot of half-nude sword-wielding woman made a lot more impression in manga than in the anime.
I just feel you are giving the wrong example,I see no different in there.see
Spoiler:

Last edited by lavielove; 2006-04-16 at 06:10.
Old 2006-04-16, 06:18   Link #18
SinsI

First, I was comparing the color version of that page in manga.
Second, even here - different faces, eyes, tatoo's, hair styles. Anime has changed and simplified a lot of details.
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-16, 06:51   Link #19
lavielove

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinsI
First, I was comparing the color version of that page in manga.
Second, even here - different faces, eyes, tatoo's, hair styles. Anime has changed and simplified a lot of details.
When I watched Suzuka or Initial D ,I didn't pay too much to the details of the animation because the story is interesting and the story took me along with while I watching the anime.We could not hear the sound that freak us out in the ending scene like this in the manga.We could not feel the falling sakura leves like this in the manga while she slash the sword.Of course there are a few differences in manga and anime illustration,but this is not a thing that needed to be focused on this anime.

Last edited by lavielove; 2006-04-16 at 07:04.
Old 2006-04-16, 07:30   Link #20
Itachikun
Animesuki's Janitor

Send a message via AIM to Itachikun Send a message via MSN to Itachikun
Watched the raw... if anyone noticed at the ED credits, you see Manga Entertainment.... could this be the same thing as Black Lagoon... My guess is yes!
________
MAC GAMES

Last edited by Itachikun; 2011-02-15 at 08:15.
Itachikun is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
horror