Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-11-09, 18:27   Link #8181
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
I think Blizzard realized the silliness in those insane item stat boosts from the old expansions. So does this mean that Blizzard is trying to make it like our stats are comparable to Vanilla/BC/Wotlk? How would the lower levels work out? Or is this only just revamping the insane boosts that were introduced in the expansions Cataclysm and MoP?
They just scale back all those items/stats so that it would be relative to what they are currently. The Hp we will be around in WoD will be like Wotlk if I remember correctly.
Old 2013-11-09, 18:40   Link #8182
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

I'm glad that they are doing this, I always found the crazy big numbers to be downright stupid. It's one of the things that has always irked me with MMOs. I know it probably wouldn't work because people like seeing a visual representation of what they are doing (although it could be done graphically I guess - small fireball -> big fireball), but I've always kind of wanted numbers to be hidden so people focused more on gameplay than the next 'big number'.
Old 2013-11-10, 02:01   Link #8183
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Man, I remember when 1k dps was a lot, my lock did around 1.8-2k in sunwell iirc.

So, Garrosh is up to something? Who didn't see that coming?
Really, I think they are destroying the WoW lore. Hellscream had his redemption that was okish (still kind of stupid imo). So is his child to walk the footsteps of his father?

WoW really failed to bring out the "world" aspect of a story. Its more like a singular story plot happening one step at a time. In a "real world" many things will be happening at the same time, one will face many enemies within and outside of your borders.

You know that farm that act as a money printer? Should just relocate it outside the capital cities: say, the king of Stormwind acknowledge the contribution of the heroes within the alliance so he gave everyone a small piece of land to act as a farm, which can be harvested to fuel the various war efforts.

Oh yeah, speaking of which, the whole canon "adventurers wonder into dangerous place and killed this world threatening bad guy" is stupid. What use is an army when random people just go and kill, say, Arthus? It would make a lot more sense, if say, the "heroes" get enlisted into the Argent Crusade and get trained to specifically combat undead, then finally, acting as an army, besiege the citadel.

One of the disappointment I have with ICC is that it really failed to set up a siege or even show us what it means to be a lich king. I was expected to see large battlefields of soldiers vs undeads, but ICC just feels so... empty.

I rather have them do another Argent Tournament thing with minimal plot and just throw in a ton of enemies in there and leave the world alone.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-10, 05:30   Link #8184
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

The Argent Tournament was one of the least popular raids ever...Tirion was cast against what he stood for/what his character story across Howling Fjord and Icecrown had shown playes, then had people killed in trials because 'at least they didn't become the Scourge.' Sorry, but ToC was an absolute joke and I don't think Blizzard would ever dare go down that path again.
Old 2013-11-10, 13:37   Link #8185
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

It was T9 were my guild started moving ahead since we were basically 3 people that before that were three manning dungeons. We'd managed to down Loken the day before T9 dropped.

We didn't raid then. We didn't really raid until ICC with another guild because we didn't even consider doing so until then. Didn't rally care about the Tournament raid, thought the events/dailies were interesting since they mainly trained the new elite for the Argent Crusade, not killing them.
Old 2013-11-10, 15:12   Link #8186
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
The Argent Tournament was one of the least popular raids ever...Tirion was cast against what he stood for/what his character story across Howling Fjord and Icecrown had shown playes, then had people killed in trials because 'at least they didn't become the Scourge.' Sorry, but ToC was an absolute joke and I don't think Blizzard would ever dare go down that path again.
Thus, something with next to nothing in terms of plot. I was not even aware ToC had any story attached, beside arthas breaking the floor and somehow anubarak was waiting.

Speaking of which I am really disappointed in the cut(?) of a Nerubian raid. Old kingdom was cool but the other one (forgot name) was just stupid - go in and somehow squish Anubarak in the middle of no where.

BC had a very good "feel" to raids. You have Vashj: leader of the Nagas where during the fight, the core mechanic is one which you have to keep the infinite spawnings of minions under control. You have Kaelthas, a prince surrounded by his loyal subjects. Illidan stands alone behind his council was an interesting touch as that is who he is. Sunwell had a good story attached, and the KJ fight was absolutely astounding where you have to dodge life threatening meteors and just have "so much going on".
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-11, 01:49   Link #8187
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I like the idea of having another planet to quest in. One that isn't broken up yet so they can add the other continent and islands in over time. Could even come up with some sort of random expansion set on tha world for no reason other than it being mostly new and seeming unrelated, until we start either finding clues to how to defeat the Burning Leagon, or a path to the Titans, or new races that we didn't know about because they were isolated, and lated dead after it became Outlands.
Old 2013-11-11, 11:16   Link #8188
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Please no....ANYTHING but that...

Read up a bit more. It seems okay but...*shrug* maybe seeing a beta will change my mind.

He will change the past but in a backfire and cause him to become a good war chief like thrall.
Old 2013-11-11, 11:53   Link #8189
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

So the Alliance and Horde will be fighting the Iron Horde for the most part, but then there are the bird people to the south in their high spires that could be a problem.

No announcement of any new races or classes at this stage, so I don't think we are getting anything new there. (no unexpected balance problems.) Though they are getting rid of a bunch of secondary stats again, so I wonder how those will balance, or if they won't balance at all. With no hit or dodge or such stats that are usually considered, "must cap for raid" level stats, what happens then? Will be have to hope we don't miss, or that the boss won't hit too hard this time, or that our threat will be high enough?
Old 2013-11-11, 14:10   Link #8190
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

There is no redemption story here for Garrosh. What he's doing might actually make-or-break Azeroth. If the Orcs never came to Azeroth, would Archimonde's invasion have been a success? Would Arthas have been driven by utter rage for the Orcs to venture off alone to be the Lich King? Would Varian's father be killed in the assassination that would later bring the people of Lordaeron and Stormwind together?

Orcs have so much lore placed within Warcraft that if they were never influenced by the Burning Legion/Gul'Dan to invade Azeroth in hopes of fertile lands to make up for their lands that are breaking apart? What exactly would happen with the Lich King or Deathwing? Would the Burning Legion just influence Azeroth instead of mustering an army at Draenor to invade?

So yeah, too many things that could happen here. But I REALLY don't want a Garrosh redemption story. But Thrall HEAVILY hinted at it with words that he's feeling regretful of trying to stop how his people should truly be. Also, Garrosh supplying the Iron Horde with modern weaponry is going TOO FAR. If the Horde still invaded Azeroth like that, then it would be GG. Velen himself looks pretty much a goner if Garrosh doesn't die.

Last edited by Hooves; 2013-11-11 at 14:24.
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-11, 19:29   Link #8191
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The story seems to go that the Iron Horde starts invading (modern) Azeroth through the Dark Portal (now with a red vortex due to time travel). Hellscream's father is in charge of the Iron Horde from what I understand (perhaps Garrosh managed to change time to were he never existed or is killed by his father, or dies as a child in Nagrand), they avoided the Fel Blood but have still pressed ahead with modern weapons.

One suspects that the Iron Horde might attempt to refix the Dark Portal to their own present (as that would cut off the modern Alliance and Horde) and invade Azeroth normally, but with a massive techological advantage. So either the timeline will need to be fixed, or the World of Warcraft will become a Paradox pair or worlds that the Titans and Burning Legion might need to invade to solve, perhaps leading to the End of the World of Warcraft and either Titan (or whatever Blizzard's next MMO is) or Warcraft 4.
Old 2013-11-11, 20:15   Link #8192
Jaden

Seems to me like Blizzard doesn't understand time paradoxes.

But just to humor this plot, I guess what happens is that the Iron Horde of old branches off from the true timeline to an alternate reality (protip to fiction writers: never do this, this is dumb) from which they then invade modern Azeroth.

So then everyone fights in a bloody war, and the story ends with the branch in time being undone so that only the people of modern Azeroth will be affected by everything that transpired.
Old 2013-11-11, 21:14   Link #8193
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Judging by all the times we've mess with or gone in to correct time travel incidents with the Bronze Dragonflight, I think time travel don't actually effect the present in Warcraft...it just kind of is there.

There is still no reason for us to have gone back and fought at the Battle of Hyjal, but we did it anyway.
Old 2013-11-11, 21:33   Link #8194
Jaden

Im OK with those instances of time travel, because the objective of the time travelers was to protect the consistency of the timeline, not to change it.

Hyjal is a bit funny because there was never any attempt by the infinite flight to tamper with that event. The raid instance also has to be non-canonical, because it ends without the world tree being burned, which would be a paradox. Unless off-screen Malfurion or somebody else also goes back in time and burns the tree.

Spoiler for My face whenever writers abandon this logic and start incorporating multiverse bullshit to justify time travel:
Old 2013-11-11, 22:43   Link #8195
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

But will there be a ski jump over a canyon of landsharks as we come out of the Dark Portal this time around?
Old 2013-11-12, 09:46   Link #8196
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Apparently the current timeline won't change from what garrosh did. the Iron Horde is invading Azeroth NOW ,... trying to I mean, we are there to stop them.

I pray for some Father Son time for both Garrosh and Thrall.
Old 2013-11-12, 09:59   Link #8197
Gundamx

DBZ time-travel
(What ever Trunks change in past won't effect his present)
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-12, 10:59   Link #8198
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
DBZ time-travel
(What ever Trunks change in past won't effect his present)
Exacto, but they will effect the Uneffected now @_@ its a little disorientating.
Old 2013-11-12, 12:02   Link #8199
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Wish Garrosh wasn't involved he was defeated, Zul'Jin should of said F off to Varian and chop Garrosh up there and then
Old 2013-11-12, 12:09   Link #8200
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak3mi View Post
Wish Garrosh wasn't involved he was defeated, Zul'Jin should of said F off to Varian and chop Garrosh up there and then
Wasn't his call. Besides, Thrall was going to bash his head in before Varian stopped him, and then the Pandarans stop them both.

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows