Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-07-23, 06:49   Link #61
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
So... who hopes they'll actually let us play the final scene of Conviction where Sam comes to the rescue?
You mean the White House siege?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-23, 07:01   Link #62
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

After Victor is captured by Black Arrow.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-23, 07:02   Link #63
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Oh right, now I remember.
Old 2013-07-23, 07:15   Link #64
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Yeah. Rescuing Victor sets a nice stage for Blacklist. Especially since IIRC he's actually working with Sam in Blacklist as part of the new agency.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-23, 19:58   Link #65
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Yeah. Rescuing Victor sets a nice stage for Blacklist. Especially since IIRC he's actually working with Sam in Blacklist as part of the new agency.
With the full backing of the NSA.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2013-07-30, 00:28   Link #66
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Ubisoft's tossed out a meatier look at the Spies vs. Mercs mode with a two-part video feature

Spies' perspective

Mercs' perspective

Last edited by Firefly00; 2013-07-30 at 18:36. Reason: Second video added
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-02, 01:55   Link #67
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

The first 15 minutes of the game, 1/3 gameplay, 2/3 cutscene.

Old 2013-08-02, 22:54   Link #68
saravis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
The first 15 minutes of the game, 1/3 gameplay, 2/3 cutscene.
Gameplay at ~6:20

Observations
A lot of fluff in that video, would have preferred if they had just cut out the cutscenes. Hopefully that isn't a sign of the sort of game we can expect; 5 minutes of gameplay for every 20 minutes of cinematics.
That lethal/nonlethal choice menu was detracting, not sure if that was a one time thing.
That COVER text was also detracting, but it seemed to go away after awhile, hopefully.
No gunplay, so nothing there to comment on.
Old 2013-08-05, 16:45   Link #69
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
I came across this IGN article giving a look at why non-lethal options are available in Blacklist (well, aside from, as I recall, their being present in most earlier iterations). Also apparently hinted is that Watch_Dogs gives players a similar choice.
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 10:41   Link #70
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

I am playing Blacklist now.

Who the heck thinks it is a good idea to have 2 different buttons for getting in and out of cover, AND sprinting to the next one? Conviction has better controls.

Old 2013-08-25, 12:30   Link #71
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

So does anyone have any suggestions in fighting off Heavys non-lethal that doesn't involve getting beaten down in melee? The combo of sleep gassing the ground then snipe/execute the helmet off isn't effective in wide areas and god knows why they suddenly turn around the exact moment you're 2 feet behind them or in cover while in full stealth gear.
Old 2013-08-25, 20:14   Link #72
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
So does anyone have any suggestions in fighting off Heavys non-lethal that doesn't involve getting beaten down in melee? The combo of sleep gassing the ground then snipe/execute the helmet off isn't effective in wide areas and god knows why they suddenly turn around the exact moment you're 2 feet behind them or in cover while in full stealth gear.
You don't have to kill all of them.

Old 2013-08-26, 03:12   Link #73
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Well in terms of killing I just burn them with incendiaries no problem. It took the best stealth ops suit for the torso to get close enough for a non lethal.

And the little UAV is a bit of a game breaker non-lethal wise.
Old 2013-08-26, 21:02   Link #74
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Currently playing Blacklist. First impressions:

Not really liking the new VA, after almost a decade of Michael Ironside as Sam Fisher. On the other hand, Ironside was getting tired of the role.

Not much incentive to prioritize stealth over combat, since open combat appears to be more viable than in Conviction. Having said that, I find Panther to be a lot more personally satisfying to me; there's a certain satisfaction in stealthing your way to someone, then doing a takedown and then mark and execute.

So far, it looks decent, but I'll keep playing for a bit and reserve judgement for later.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-27, 19:50   Link #75
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

As a Spy vs Mercenary addict, I didn't buy blacklist due to negative reviews regarding the "classic SvM mode". I am happy that I made the decision to wait for reviews, instead of blindly buying it. After convinction they have to rebuild trust and from what I saw in reviews and in gameplay vids, Ubisoft has now completely lost my trust. Guess I have to play the singleplayer campaign at a friend's computer again, same as it was with convinction.

Now the only hope for a solid SvM is Project Stealth, I guess.... if it ever will be released...
Old 2014-12-04, 01:41   Link #76
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Got a walkthrough of someone playing Blacklist in Japanese with Japanese voices:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis..._MMJDN259HBIFs

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote