AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-10-20, 03:31   Link #4521
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diveman View Post
screw this manga...seriously im so pissed off right now. I don't see why Seiji HAS to go back to Yuki, she's been a bitch pretty much for almost all the time Shou and Seiji were together, being all emo and stuff, and now because she's been stalked seiji NEEDS to break up with Shou?

Screw Yuki, Seiji deserves much more than that.
Because ShoRom manga. It's a written rule that the MCs have to hurt as many people as possible and leave destruction in their wake so they can go back to the first person they ever loved, even if that person really hurt them and they found someone much better. Why? Because they're obsessed and the ability to move on from their past is pretty much an impossibility. Namely, all ShoRom protagonists are mentally unbalanced and lack the ability to grow up.

It's why I stopped reading them and stick with RomComs now. At least the mentally unbalanced characters are supposed to be funny. Drama characters just come off as pathetic and sad to me. Also, the guys are douchebags. They just hide it well behind their tears. IMO, Utsumi is just Haruto 2.0. And Yuki is a slightly more disturbed version of Eba.

But to the people who are constantly complaining-- remember, you can drop this at any time like I did! There's a ton of great stuff out there without all the crap bogging it down.
Old 2012-10-20, 04:40   Link #4522
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

^ RomComs (read: harem series) on the other hand create a most unrealistic dream world in which all the female characters are fine to be infatuated with an indecisive and oblivious protagonist. Until the very the end he stomps on those girls' feelings by not being able to choose one, only that the romcom girls don't mind because they're obsessively in love with "that guy".

You see, I generally agree with your, albeit a bit cynical, view on shoroms. However, pretty much all genres have their limitations and problems. It depends on which issues the individual reader can tolerate more.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-20, 04:54   Link #4523
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
^ RomComs (read: harem series) on the other hand create a most unrealistic dream world in which all the female characters are fine to be infatuated with an indecisive and oblivious protagonist. Until the very the end he stomps on those girls' feelings by not being able to choose one, only that the romcom girls don't mind because they're obsessively in love with "that guy".

You see, I generally agree with your, albeit a bit cynical, view on shoroms. However, pretty much all genres have their limitations and problems. It depends on which issues the individual reader can tolerate more.
True, it's why I avoid most generic harems-- for example, I wasn't a fan of IS, Oniichan Dakedo Ai Sae Areba Kankeinai Yo Ne, etc. The problems you listed along with girls who are nothing more than shallow archetypes that rely on one gimmick (tsundere, brocon, emotionless girl, etc). The only way I really enjoy those series is if it's more about comedy than romance-- sort of like Nyaruko-san, which I enjoyed for the silliness and Nyaruko's antics more than anything (I like the hyperactive type). Or if it's more slice of life and less drama based, I can enjoy it, like Yesterday wo Utatte, or if it's something a bit more unique, like Pet na Kanojo which actually has multiple girls, but they don't all love the main character-- there's beta couples around to keep it more interesting.
Old 2012-10-20, 09:33   Link #4524
Dorsai

Sejii would never change, ....... hippocrist like always. I not break up with you, because i still love Yuki, really!! Yeaa right...
Old 2012-10-20, 10:31   Link #4525
Diveman

Poor Shou, even if the relationship was based on "wound licking" her feelings were honest and more real that Yuki or any of the other girls.
Diveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-20, 10:39   Link #4526
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

I'm going to cherish the day one of these shitty romantic drama have something so moronic and forced like this happen that it results in someone turning gay.

I mean he had the gaul to show up to her house but that sack of shit couldn't even actually say that they were breaking, he had to let her do it, ON TOP of her trying to throw a guilt trip in there.

We can rip on Eba and Haruto but at the very least their relationship is doing totally fine and without any bullshit. At all. Period. It took a while to get there but once the series got there I haven't had any problems with it.

This shit though, it needs to 'end', there's nothing much 'good' about it anymore.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-20, 10:47   Link #4527
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
This shit though, it needs to 'end', there's nothing much 'good' about it anymore.
What, the slow motion trainwreck on auto-repeat isn't good anymore?
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-20, 10:49   Link #4528
Master Chibi

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
What, the slow motion trainwreck on auto-repeat isn't good anymore?
It's not even a train wreck.

It's like someone hit someone else from behind, but they were only going 10 miles an hour and left a scratch on the bumper BUT they decided to take them to court and sue their pants off anyway.

Old 2012-10-20, 15:31   Link #4529
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
The only salvageable ending this manga could have is have Seiji paired up with Touru, then I can at least get a laugh out of it.
Old 2012-10-20, 19:09   Link #4530
blade82

i hope Shou is pregnant
blade82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-20, 19:29   Link #4531
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
I'm going to cherish the day one of these shitty romantic drama have something so moronic and forced like this happen that it results in someone turning gay.

I mean he had the gaul to show up to her house but that sack of shit couldn't even actually say that they were breaking, he had to let her do it, ON TOP of her trying to throw a guilt trip in there.

We can rip on Eba and Haruto but at the very least their relationship is doing totally fine and without any bullshit. At all. Period. It took a while to get there but once the series got there I haven't had any problems with it.

I'm pretty sure you've been saying such things about KNIM as well, it just took some dramaless slice of life writing to change your mind. Now I personally wouldn't prefer that but theoretically if given "a while to get there" I think GE could do the same to sway you again. If it has no conflict, you freaking love it, right?
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-20, 20:54   Link #4532
Master Chibi

I like a sense of normalcy, yeah.

I like a relationship actually getting somewhere and the individuals involved in it being developed on account of being together and not all the nonsense that it took to get there.

So yes, up until that point KNIM was pretty dumb, I won't deny that or take back what I said about it at those points. Now however, I'm entirely enjoying it. I'm learning more about those two then I did through the all the nonsense beforehand.

GE is running on that same line. We all knew he wanted Yuki from day one, even if she's a selfish little bitch and a few of the other gals were fifty billion times better for him. If they ever, REALLY get together and it lasts past 3 chapters, yeah I'm good.

Is that selfish of me? Yes, yes it is. Does it make the story better? I don't really care, both titles are past the point of repair to me lol

Old 2012-10-20, 20:55   Link #4533
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade82 View Post
i hope Shou is pregnant
You know........................this author, yeah it is very possible.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-20, 21:21   Link #4534
Diveman

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade82 View Post
i hope Shou is pregnant
This is actually extremely likely!
Old 2012-10-20, 21:40   Link #4535
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
The only salvageable ending this manga could have is have Seiji paired up with Touru, then I can at least get a laugh out of it.
Well, the author strongly emphasize showing the condom he used on her, unless Utsumi have powerful drilling sperm, pass down from his ancestor's, I kind of doubt it, but I would love that scenario, it will make Utsumi a hugest douche ever!

Anyways, now that I think about it, the whole Shou arc was to allow Utsumi to lose his virginity and be on the same level as Torou and especially, fu*k Yuki up and she will be comforted by his skills, that he practiced on every hole on Shou.
Old 2012-10-20, 22:06   Link #4536
Diveman

Shou pregnant, make it happen GE! (at this point I dont care anymore but, I might as well keep reading)

Also I can't imagine Shou doing something too dirty, she looks so innocent.
Old 2012-10-22, 16:56   Link #4537
Zetsubo
著述遮断

You know its coming... but damn it still sucks when it finally happens.
Zetsubo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-26, 21:40   Link #4538
Johnny
Working the bags...

I wonder if this picture had more meaning behind it and was foreshadowing something later down the line. Like right now...
Spoiler:

Spoiler for ch 147/148:
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-26, 22:12   Link #4539
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Called it! Yuki's mind broke, Shou's pregnant, and Utsumi is gonna run to Okinawa to take up photography. He'll be back in 10 years when everything's calmed down to make up with everyone.... wait did i just combine school days and strawberry panic?
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-26, 22:13   Link #4540
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
I wonder if this picture had more meaning behind it and was foreshadowing something later down the line. Like right now...
Spoiler:

Spoiler for ch 147/148:
Yeah................ I think mostly everyone has a feeling on her disappearance.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
being good sucks, drama, kento boss, romance, shoukento, shounen, slice of life, yukiumi