AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Rumble

Notices

View Poll Results: School Rumble - Episode 26 Rating
Perfect 10 11 16.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 15 22.73%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 6 9.09%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 13.64%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 7.58%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 4.55%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 4.55%
3 out of 10 : Bad 3 4.55%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 4 6.06%
1 out of 10 : Painful 7 10.61%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-08, 08:13   Link #121
CaptainSmoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth_760 View Post

imagine an anime based on Yakumo, something about The Slice of Life, FeelingI can s and Romance and of course very calm since Yakumo is almost the calmed character in SR (right after Akira xD)
Of course im NICEr then Darknemo!!! (Despite my Hostile name CaptainSmoker) what did you Expect!!! (:P) Seriously though if you read my posts from a year before after the blunder of 283 I was one pissed off fan , I still kind of am, but pissed at KJ not Yakumo fans... btw I don’t think darknemo is being angry he likes to argue as I do, and the point he is arguing is that Yakumo cant carry a story line on her own... as I am...

Its like asking Akira or Ichijou to carry a story, three characters with similar passive silent personalities that have a very monotone response to every situation, which is withdrawal and depression(WHOOHOO! )… not what most fans are looking for…

To me it seems that the emo male characters are more popular then the female ones… cloud ff7, Brandon from gungrave, sauske from naruto etc

Basically everyone loves Yakumo but there is a reason KJ made Tenma and Harima the lead characters, both appeal to a wide fan base, both are funny, stupid and random… Yakumo is not
Old 2009-06-08, 10:20   Link #122
Gambino009
Phantom

Akira can probably pull it off.. she's hella funny

She does odd things.. mission impossible things... and even that part where she had Harima all figured out with the Beach accident.

The thing I like about Ichijou is that she's doing hard work.. carries heavy crap and when she gets hit with a girly moment she ends up dropping the junk on some one.

She reminds me a lot of Milly Thompson, she walks in a club full of dangerous looking men.. they're all staring at her... when she gets close to a table the guys all trying to intimidate her

Then that big ass mini-gun thing drops out of her dress, hits a table.. and knocks some f00s teeth out. They get pissed.. she apologizes, picks the thing up One-handed like nothing and scares the hell out of em.
Old 2009-06-08, 10:24   Link #123
yakumo-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambino009 View Post

I like Yakumo's character, I think she'd fit better in a pure romance manga, but her Character does have a good place in School Rumble as Eri's dangerous rival in love.
definitely.....

but not with harima.... i think harima is for eri only...

harima and yakumo for me is not compatible... really....

maybe a new guy who is immune from reading his mind.....
or a guy who will still love her even if she reads his mind...
but still... its still wrong to read his mind....

Quote:
but a story about Yakumo would not be that boring, it's just another kind of anime/manga

I can imagine an anime based on Yakumo, something about The Slice of Life, Feelings and Romance and of course very calm since Yakumo is almost the calmed character in SR (right after Akira xD)

the anime would not be about comedy and something, it would be about her lifestory, maybe even a few episodes with her trying to get along with guys, her father and stuff like that

Yakumo creates excitement on her on way, maybe not fitted for everybody
but like I said, I could imagine an anime with Yakumo as main character

... something like ef or true tears :P:P
thats what im trying to say.....
its not a comedy anymore.... well a little bit of romantic comedy.....

its because this mind reading story is really something!
it can make one hell of a story...
with a mix of that magical cat and Ghost....

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainSmoker View Post
Of course im NICEr then Darknemo!!! (Despite my Hostile name CaptainSmoker) what did you Expect!!! (:P) Seriously though if you read my posts from a year before after the blunder of 283 I was one pissed off fan , I still kind of am, but pissed at KJ not Yakumo fans... btw I don’t think darknemo is being angry he likes to argue as I do, and the point he is arguing is that Yakumo cant carry a story line on her own... as I am...
Yes....

That is why Harima and Eri are also cooperating/participating the story of yakumo....

Quote:
Its like asking Akira or Ichijou to carry a story, three characters with similar passive silent personalities that have a very monotone response to every situation, which is withdrawal and depression(WHOOHOO! )… not what most fans are looking for…
actually... akira can be also a main character...
she has some mysterious story from school rumble....
which is she knows how to use Guns....
and she work from a secret organization...
and saving innocent peole...
just like what i've said before.....
if she is a main character, it will be an action manga/anime not a comedy anymore....
[/QUOTE]

Quote:
To me it seems that the emo male characters are more popular then the female ones… cloud ff7, Brandon from gungrave, sauske from naruto etc

Basically everyone loves Yakumo but there is a reason KJ made Tenma and Harima the lead characters, both appeal to a wide fan base, both are funny, stupid and random… Yakumo is not
yes you're right... ^_^

but basically all this talking will never happen because there is a high chance that school rumble will never come back and SRZ is the last of it
Old 2009-06-08, 10:59   Link #124
Gambino009
Phantom

Funny thing.. none of those supposedly Emo male characters mentioned... are Emo in any way other than morons assuming they're Emo. Emotionally unstable.. than perhaps, but Emo as in the current trend that goes this days.. then pretty soon doing anything that's considered Emo will make all of us Emo.

Those characters actually have good story background, have people even played FFVII?

Anyways on a more school Rumble related term, There's been many chapters that didn't have Harima or Eri in it but had Yakumo that were quite funny. Such as the Yaoi Hanai chapter XD
Old 2009-06-08, 15:36   Link #125
CaptainSmoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambino009 View Post
Funny thing.. none of those supposedly Emo male characters mentioned... are Emo in any way other than morons assuming they're Emo. Emotionally unstable.. than perhaps, but Emo as in the current trend that goes this days.. then pretty soon doing anything that's considered Emo will make all of us Emo.

Those characters actually have good story background, have people even played FFVII?

Anyways on a more school Rumble related term, There's been many chapters that didn't have Harima or Eri in it but had Yakumo that were quite funny. Such as the Yaoi Hanai chapter XD

I think being Emo is not a bad thing at all, to me its a description, i think people that express there feelings are strong good people, takes guts to do so, but there is something called excessive emo-ness(dont feel like thinking of proper term) where people like Yakumo, cloud or Sauske make one situation become the focal point of there life… when you allow your life to be consumed with sadness then of course its not good…

I will create a new stereo type today! ALL Anime fans have played ff7!!! If it were not for ff7 I would have never known that Japan even existed! Really though most every1 I know has that has some admiration for anime has had experience with 1 of three things or all three dbz, sailor moon and ff7

About your hanai point I think your crediting hanai for being funny not Yakumo

BTW GUYS its not the end of the world if your not funny, a lot of great characters are not funny so I like Yakumo the way she is, im just saying SR is traditionally a comedy first, and Yakumo does not fit the description!

Hanai on the other hand… man I think you can make a story on that guy, he is awesome, hes my top 5 fave character, and the guy has something good going with mikoto and akira so why not?
Old 2009-06-08, 16:30   Link #126
Sephiroth_760
Anime is lifestyle

Send a message via MSN to Sephiroth_760
Quote:

I think being Emo is not a bad thing at all, to me its a description, i think people that express there feelings are strong good people, takes guts to do so, but there is something called excessive emo-ness(dont feel like thinking of proper term) where people like Yakumo, cloud or Sauske make one situation become the focal point of there life… when you allow your life to be consumed with sadness then of course its not good…
to be honest - I hate all these emo stuff^^
it's like a virus lol
originally, emo is just an excuse for asian clothing style (better said japanese)
but when did it happen to be a stereotype for life-is-senseless-opinions >.<
and that's what I hate most about it ... appearently, most of those "emos" are just doing the style, but there's the other sort who lives emo

I mean ... we all suffer in life, life' hard and rough ... but still no reason to cut yourself or something xD
and I don't take it as excuse for strong emotional ppl

ah man sry guys to bother u with this stuff
it's just that I really hate all those emo-stuff and I'm getting so worked up if I hear this damn word xD

and now! back to topic xD
Cloud for sure is kinda emo
I don't get it way but he's so negative all the time xD

Yakumo probably is emotional unstable, too
but I wouldn't go so far to call her an emo
because she tries her best to do things better and she's always searching for her happiness and not like Cloud whining about everything hahaha xD

Quote:
I will create a new stereo type today! ALL Anime fans have played ff7!!! If it were not for ff7 I would have never known that Japan even existed! Really though most every1 I know has that has some admiration for anime has had experience with 1 of three things or all three dbz, sailor moon and ff7
hmm, that'll work out!
I mean, these 3 points do all match me!! hahaha xD
I even watched Sailor Moon when I was young!!! hell I liked that show, all the girls transforming into beautiful-sailorclothes-wearing-cosplayers xD

Quote:
About your hanai point I think your crediting hanai for being funny not Yakumo

BTW GUYS its not the end of the world if your not funny, a lot of great characters are not funny so I like Yakumo the way she is, im just saying SR is traditionally a comedy first, and Yakumo does not fit the description!
just like I said, Yakumo is in another league, she's not comedy or something, but she's calm and she has an aura which makes her able to play a man role^^

Quote:
Hanai on the other hand… man I think you can make a story on that guy, he is awesome, hes my top 5 fave character, and the guy has something good going with mikoto and akira so why not?
I agree
Hanai is one of the funniest characters in SR
I would love to see a few more scenes about him and Tougou or Harima xDD
everytime so worked up haha xD
and I really liked Tougou, too xDDD
he was soo funny xD
"bravo, bravo" these and that and long speeches here and there hahahaa xD

remember guys:
Old 2009-06-08, 19:41   Link #127
CaptainSmoker

It may sound like im backtracking now but I agree with you that “kind” of emo is definitely something that makes me choke with laughter particularly the ones your talking about, but I was referring to emos such as Cloud, Yakumo etc, people that cant move on no matter what its like MOVE ON already hehe

Yes cloud is a weird case indeed, I don’t get what his problem is so what his girlfriend died, but you have another awesome girl there waiting for you!!! (kind of like Harima tenma and Eri) Some guys are born to die alone heh
Old 2009-06-08, 19:57   Link #128
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

First ever blond twintail laughs at the image posted.

Man look at the size of that animal! How the hell did Togou tamed that? Well that makes him above Hanai, but not in speed though.
Old 2009-06-09, 01:34   Link #129
Kondrath
The real-life Harima

Does anyone know if the summary of the Manga included in the OVA was ever subbed? I've got some friends who want to know what happens, but don't really want to read the manga...
Old 2009-06-09, 19:17   Link #130
yakumo-chan

yes....
my friends also dont want to read the manga....
damn SR... what a watse......
Old 2009-06-09, 23:52   Link #131
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakumo-chan View Post
No it wasn't it was a ride of a life time. Till it lasted.
Old 2009-06-16, 01:54   Link #132
KonataChan
Lucky Star Fan

lol, hilarious
Old 2009-06-16, 13:19   Link #133
CaptainSmoker

Quote:

remember guys:
Btw whats with these random japanese artists making animals in sumo clothing etc, i notice they love throwing in some random animal in human clothing at times like that kappa stuff... maybe its just in anime but to me it seems like a major part of japanese culture to do these random things... or maybe its supose to be funny but it doesnt make me laugh it rather makes me go...
Old 2009-06-16, 15:26   Link #134
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
You know what's even more surreal? Female sumos XD Saw some on friday.
Old 2009-06-16, 19:06   Link #135
Kondrath
The real-life Harima

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakumo-chan View Post
yes....
my friends also dont want to read the manga....
Yes? So they were actually translated?
Old 2009-06-16, 22:16   Link #136
nator316

Who's this girl riding him.

she acts like Mikoto around him.
Old 2009-06-17, 02:22   Link #137
Solafighter
Hige

I forgot her name but if you look carefully, she is not riding him. She is "riding" the arms, she is sittin on(that sounds so wrong~).
She doesnt realy act like Mikoto and she gives a damn about him.
Old 2009-06-17, 08:31   Link #138
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
That's Mai. The class representtive and childhood friend of Nishimoto, the buddha guy. She slaps him sometimes with a fan.
She's the one who had that magical girl dream XD
Old 2009-06-17, 13:58   Link #139
Solafighter
Hige

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
That's Mai. The class representtive and childhood friend of Nishimoto, the buddha guy. She slaps him sometimes with a fan.
She's the one who had that magical girl dream XD
Yeah right. Now i remember. Thanks for reminding me/us, zebra.
Old 2009-06-18, 12:01   Link #140
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Adding something about Mai. She has big boobs, but hides it.