AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2010-07-05, 16:07   Link #12981
Laserworm
Maelstorm-Fenrir

Send a message via AIM to Laserworm Send a message via MSN to Laserworm
Quote:
Originally Posted by NarkNarks View Post
Er why does the fact that we have a female looking character wearing mens clothes automatically mean its a trap?
No one has said that.
Laserworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 16:09   Link #12982
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laserworm View Post
No one has said that.
Actually a few people claim that this new woman is either a man or a trap... because of her outfit and lack of a chest... which is kinda silly if you ask me but... eh...

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 16:14   Link #12983
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

I have the feeling that her or his sex won't be revealed right away

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 16:15   Link #12984
NarkNarks

Quote:
Originally Posted by momobunny View Post
Actually a few people claim that this new woman is either a man or a trap... because of her outfit and lack of a chest... which is kinda silly if you ask me but... eh...
Yeah I've been busy for the last week and quickly scanned through x number of pages of ep 7 talk. The trap shouts jumped out at me.

Personally I leaning towards it being jessica, also in the portrait the golden broach is there on the table right. Now I might be wrong (haven't read 6 yet) but wasn't the last character in possession of the broach Jessica?
NarkNarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 16:15   Link #12985
Laserworm
Maelstorm-Fenrir

Quote:
Ok those are silly reasons.

And if NarkNarks was talking about my statement when he said that. I was talking about umineko ep7's format in general. The best way I see to write it while given people answers, but still having them figure it out on their own would be to make it seem like 'fake culprit' is the true culprit. But putting in enough hints so people who haven't figured things out will jump on that wagon, but no too many hints that it seems like a trap. And putting in hidden clues that for those who are on the right track solve it. It is the best way I can see that would help people but also keep interest in the series till the end. And then have the fake culprit get shot down in ep 8, then those people who didn't get it, rereading the other eps should point out the hidden hints and help them come to the true answer. *shurgs* that just seems like the best approach if you want the reader to solve it themself, but maybe I just think weird.
Old 2010-07-05, 16:15   Link #12986
Miss Mystery
The Dark Crow Smiles

Quote:
I'd have to agree...just because every female above the age of 9 in Umineko has a prominent chest, doesn't mean that every female character that Ryukishi07 introduces needs huge oppais. And in either case, I can see a slight curvature indicating that the lady in red is definitely a lady. (here's hoping I don't get proved wrong )
Miss Mystery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 16:16   Link #12987
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

The logic is that a ponytail is a fairly androgynous haircut and the suit is breasted like a men's suit. ryukishi may not be aware of this, but he appears to be, as the other female characters (except Jessica) don't have this issue.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 16:16   Link #12988
Judoh
Mystery buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
Well, maybe by pulling at this thread we might figure out what George might be up to, then.
Back to this. I'd like to reintroduce something. These proposal scenes are the only thing Giving George an alibi for the FFT in the first two (or 3) episodes. As this is the only time he's unobserved by Battler then.

Quote:
Ok, let's try listing all the feasible on-island *-trices:
  • Krauss -- Not disqualified, though after Ep5 is generally believed to be far too inept for the part.
  • Natsuhi -- Disqualified by Ep5.
  • Jessica -- Not at all disqualified, but let's presume she is to test your conjecture.
  • Eva -- Disqualified by Ep3.
  • Hideyoshi -- Not disqualified and actually knows more than he by all accounts should.
  • George -- Not disqualified, though these past few months he is frequently regarded as a culprit distinct from Beatrice, who isn't out to kill anybody.
  • Rudolf -- I did say he's the craftiest guy of the lot.
  • Kyrie -- Still a strong, but peripheral candidate, nobody can quite figure her out.
  • Battler -- Disqualified by definition.
  • Rosa -- Disqualified from being Beatrice by Ep2. Probably is involved anyway.
  • Maria -- Disqualified by Ep4 as the Witch of Origins.
  • Genji -- Not disqualified... and not really a character.
  • Kumasawa -- I should say disqualified by being Virgilia in Ep3 onwards.
  • Gohda -- Not disqualified and generally not believed to amount to much
  • Shannon -- Is currently the most popular Beatrice candidate anyway, which would be too easy.
  • Kanon -- A stronger candidate with the appearance of that Ep7 ambiguous character.
  • Nanjo -- ...Not disqualified, but... no, no comment.

That leaves us with Krauss, Hideyoshi, George, Rudolf, Kyrie, Genji, Gohda, Shannon, Kanon, Nanjo. So which is the original Beatrice that Jessica wrestles the staff from?
Shannon or Kanon.

Unless you used the name Beatrice as code for whoever owns the gold currently. In that case Genji, Nanjo, Kyrie, Kumasawa, and Rosa are better candidates.

For furniture complex reasons I would chose Shannon or Kanon though.
Judoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 16:17   Link #12989
Oliver
Back off, I'm a scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Mystery View Post
And in either case, I can see a slight curvature indicating that the lady in red is definitely a lady. (here's hoping I don't get proved wrong )
I'd say that this character being identified with any currently known or namedropped character or not is more important than it's actual gender.

This link has been determined hazardous for the spoiler averse
by the Department of Education.
(updated 2010-08-24)
Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 16:19   Link #12990
desirebluesky
* ahaha.wav *

Send a message via MSN to desirebluesky
Zepar/Furfur 2?
i wonder why people feel the need to determine it's gender. not like it matters that much. i'm curious as to who it is and wtf is it up to.

Quote:
I'd say that this character being identified with any currently known or namedropped character or not is more important than it's actual gender.
this.
desirebluesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 16:19   Link #12991
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Yeah I've been busy for the last week and quickly scanned through x number of pages of ep 7 talk. The trap shouts jumped out at me.

Personally I leaning towards it being jessica, also in the portrait the golden broach is there on the table right. Now I might be wrong (haven't read 6 yet) but wasn't the last character in possession of the broach Jessica?
No, according to EP6 Shannon and Kanon bring both parts of the brooch together which then shatter causing Zepar and Furfur to appear.
After that, the brooch is never seen again.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 16:20   Link #12992
zRyuu

Perhaps, she is the girl that was considered Kinzo's successor sometime in the past. The reason why she dresses like a man is because Kinzo would have never let a woman succeed him, she might be the secret daughter of someone we know. However, before the events she died and her death might be related to what happens later.
zRyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 16:22   Link #12993
Smeckledorf
Intellectual Rapist

I think R07 is throwing us another Kanon.
Old 2010-07-05, 16:22   Link #12994
Laserworm
Maelstorm-Fenrir

People are going to get mad at this but maybe she is Shkannon. She has two one winged eagles (In both places Kanon and Shannon I think) That would also explain why her clothes are strange and could go for either gender, and why the brooch is in the painting.
Old 2010-07-05, 16:25   Link #12995
Smeckledorf
Intellectual Rapist

Quote:
People are going to get mad at this but maybe she is Shkannon. She has two one winged eagles (In both places Kanon and Shannon I think) That would also explain why her clothes are strange and could go for either gender, and why the brooch is in the painting.
... Noh mah Gyahd. *Reality begins to crack, spiderweb, and then proceeds to shatter*

On a serious note, that seems like a valid point. If this was the metaworld representation of Shkanon then I would not object. Or perhaps R07 made this character to looks like Shkanon to trick us into believing Shkanon. Or perhaps R07 knew we would be onto his reverse psychology tricks and made Shkanon look like Shkanon because we wouldn't believe it.
Old 2010-07-05, 16:25   Link #12996
desirebluesky
* ahaha.wav *

Send a message via MSN to desirebluesky
but why is she blonde? both Shannon and Kannon have brown/black hair.

something tells me it's the first Beatrice (the one Kinzo met), but it doesn't seem to make much sense.
desirebluesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 16:27   Link #12997
Laserworm
Maelstorm-Fenrir

Quote:
Originally Posted by desirebluesky View Post
but why is she blonde? both Shannon and Kannon have brown/black hair.

something tells me it's the first Beatrice (the one Kinzo met), but it doesn't seem to make much sense.
It could mean that combo of Shakannontrice. Which is why the hair is blond.
Old 2010-07-05, 16:27   Link #12998
Smeckledorf
Intellectual Rapist

Quote:
It could mean that combo of Shakannontrice. Which is why the hair is blond.
That would have been my guess.
Old 2010-07-05, 16:28   Link #12999
Judoh
Mystery buff

Quote:
This has already been thought of and it's just not interesting to me sorry.

On another not I see a little Figure in that explosion after Dlanor swings her sword.

Spoiler for a figure in the explosion:

It looks like the stake Leviathan to me.
Judoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 16:30   Link #13000
NarkNarks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
No, according to EP6 Shannon and Kanon bring both parts of the brooch together which then shatter causing Zepar and Furfur to appear.
After that, the brooch is never seen again.
Ahhh cheers Jan.
NarkNarks is offline   Reply With Quote