AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Your impression of the movie - A Wakening of the Trailblazer
091 - 100: Amazing 78 24.15%
081 - 090: Great 66 20.43%
071 - 080: Very Good 46 14.24%
061 - 070: Good 50 15.48%
051 - 060: Average 24 7.43%
041 - 050: Below Average 17 5.26%
031 - 040: Bad 6 1.86%
021 - 030: Very Bad 4 1.24%
011 - 020: Awful 10 3.10%
001 - 010: You would rather watch Britney Spears exposing her crotch. *shudder* 22 6.81%
Voters: 323. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-04-19, 11:23   Link #1041
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Good thing for the 00Q that it can essentially outrun the Moonlight Butterfly.
Quantum Burst would probably repel the nanomachines.
Old 2011-04-19, 19:32   Link #1042
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 View Post
Don't know if I should post it here or in the ELS-thread, but thought a little about those Innovater/ELS-hybrids like Setsuna and Amia. Both have silver skin and wonder why. Because the ELS seem perfectly able to reproduce normal-colored skin as seen in the Sky Eclypse-turned ELS. Also, when they turn into MS or trucks, they are colored normaly as well. To we have any information, why humans have to become metalized/silver, when they become hybrids?
Probably because the ELS's base forms look like that. I mean, the so called shapes they adapt that did not come from humanity seemed to be taken from somewhere else and they likely did not look like that anyways. Could also be a form of self expression, both the human and the ELS want to express that metal side because the ELS are indeed part of them and they wanted to show that off in their public appearance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamAker View Post
Quanta is the most advanced ms till date in the whole gundam universe
I think Turn A probably beats it. It does not help that we saw too littlle of it fighting though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
Quantum Burst would probably repel the nanomachines.
No, it shall make them Setsuna's friends.

The most powerful weapon in the world...............to make your enemies JOIN YOU AND STOP KILLING YOU!!!!!!!!! MWAHAHAHAHAHA Those smucks never saw it coming.
Old 2011-04-19, 20:37   Link #1043
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Somehow I got the feeling that Moonlight Butterfly is derived from GN burst...
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-19, 20:52   Link #1044
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
Somehow I got the feeling that Moonlight Butterfly is derived from GN burst...
Which Burst? There's Burst Mode, Face Burst, Trans-Am Burst, and Quantum Burst.
Old 2011-04-20, 02:43   Link #1045
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Likely Quantum Burst. The first two are not really closely related to the subject. Quantum Burst is an extension/upgrade of Trans-Am Burst.
Old 2011-04-20, 06:51   Link #1046
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
Likely Quantum Burst. The first two are not really closely related to the subject. Quantum Burst is an extension/upgrade of Trans-Am Burst.
I was making a joke.
Old 2011-04-20, 09:04   Link #1047
velocity7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
Probably because the ELS's base forms look like that. I mean, the so called shapes they adapt that did not come from humanity seemed to be taken from somewhere else and they likely did not look like that anyways. Could also be a form of self expression, both the human and the ELS want to express that metal side because the ELS are indeed part of them and they wanted to show that off in their public appearance.
That would mean that it'd be feasible for an ELS-Innovator hybrid to also make themselves look normal if they so chose to. For one reason or another, it seems they decided against it.
Old 2011-04-20, 10:43   Link #1048
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by velocity7 View Post
That would mean that it'd be feasible for an ELS-Innovator hybrid to also make themselves look normal if they so chose to. For one reason or another, it seems they decided against it.
That also implies the inverse as well: There might be ELS/Innovator hybrids that look perfectly normal.
Old 2011-04-20, 11:23   Link #1049
GrahamAker
狙撃する準備ができ

Send a message via Yahoo to GrahamAker
How does Turn A beat quanta?
Old 2011-04-20, 11:29   Link #1050
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
How does Turn A beat quanta?
You've never heard of the Turn A's abilities?
Old 2011-04-20, 11:32   Link #1051
GrahamAker
狙撃する準備ができ

i have not heard!!!
Old 2011-04-20, 11:49   Link #1052
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
i have not heard!!!
According to the Tomino novel, at 100% power the Turn A Gundam can literally wipe out all life and technology from Earth to Jupiter with one attack, the Moonlight Butterfly (which you've probably heard mentioned before). It's also capable of completely regenerating both itself and its pilot, warping beam shots directly into enemy cockpits, and long-range teleportation a la 00 Raiser. And I think I'm forgetting a few things too.
Old 2011-04-20, 12:09   Link #1053
Miles Teg

Turn-A abilities (don't remember where that come from) :

Quote:
-Real ammunition cannot damage its armour
-Beam weapons are deflected by its I-field
-Can teleport
-Can warp its attacks (can warp a beam shot directly INTO a cockpit)
-Beam rifle at maximum power is stronger than a colony laser
-Regeneration
-The Moonlight Butterfly that destroyed Earth's civilization was at 20% power
-System Turn A's chest's multipurpose silo can summon weapons (it can only "summon" stuff from Earth, and apparently it can only be done with special devices made specifically for the Turn A.)
-The Moonlight Butterfly at 100% output can cover everything from Earth to Jupiter
-The teleportation system makes it possible for, as long as there are nanomachines available at all, regenerate everything entirely, including the pilot (Teleportation system apparently "saves" the status of the machine and everything in it and sends it somewhere. The nanomachines can use that data to regenerate everything (it just takes ages, depending on how much needs to be regenerated; Complete regeneration of everything is said to take thousands of years)
-The Turn Series uses DG cell technology (not stated if they actually use DG cells, probably just using some know-how from them in the nanomachines).
-They're actually meant for newtypes to pilot, as they were created by the newtypes (who left the Earth sphere) for interstellar war.
-The Turn A's hands are so sensitive they can be used to pick up a regular human-sized bucket of water.
-The Keilas Guilie or however you spell it (the attack satellite and beam cannon from Victory Gundam) can't even scratch the Turn A, and the Turn X Top can take control of it remotely (Turn A probably can too).
-Turn A's power source is two "縮退炉" ("degeneracy engines").
-The I-field beam drive system creates a film of particles over the surface of the machine and moves the parts (hence the lack of any need for motors and shit inside).

Turn A is created to carry out entire operations on its own (unlike other conventional weapons which are created just to fulfill certain roles)
I-field works on physical ammunition and shock as well as beams.
The info on the "DHGCP" in the setting materials just says that it uses two degeneracy reactors.

Info on the beam rifle:
Is not a mega particle cannon but a "rephaser" (kanji says resonating particles) cannon.
Extremely powerful, as it was made to fight gigantic space battleships.

Beam saber:
Focuses electromagnetic fields with plasma to cut through enemies with heat.

Gundam Hammer:
The Turn A spreads the I-field over the hammer itself and messes with the power of targets this way.

Multipurpose silo:
Originally meant for beam cannon drive units, missile systems, machine guns, other short-range weapons, additional power and so on.

Stuff not seen in the show:

System ∀:
It is unknown what "System ∀" actually refers to, but some think it has something to do with the multipurpose silo's weapon teleportation system.

DOC Base and 7th-GMPT:
A mobile armour called "DOC (device operation control) base" and a weapon or system called 7th-GMPT (for "7th generation Minovsky particle theory") existed as well.
The DOC base is a tactical system to come in a set with the Turn A that overturns conventional mobile suit operation. It has the ability to change the Turn A's chest compartment's equipment, and provide support. It was under Vicinity, but by the events of Turn A could no longer work. ART OF IT EXISTS, AND MODELS HAVE BEEN MADE OF BY MAGAZINES, APPARENTLY.
DOC Base and 7th-GMPT never showed up canonically, but you can see their names in the model kit materials from the time.

From the comic:
Black History-era Turn A had something else (not a beam saber) in its right saber rack. What it is, is unknown.

From the novels:
The Moonlight Butterfly can be projected in front of the Turn A to create a barrier, if enough nanomachines and certain parts of the machine are left it can regenerate completely over a few thousand years, and it can teleport.
Of these, the teleportation ability was seen in the show in episode 43 when it waved its beam sabers in front of the Bandit, and in episode 44 when Sochie and Sweatson Sutero were fighting.

G Generation Spirits:
In G Generation Spirits, the Turn A warps the beams from its rifle and snipes at targets from all directions, effectively executing all-range attacks without any funnel-type weapons.
Miles Teg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-20, 12:30   Link #1054
GrahamAker
狙撃する準備ができ

Turn A should not be a gundam>..........
Old 2011-04-20, 12:38   Link #1055
velocity7

I guess by the time of Turn A, Tomino believed that a "Gundam" was supposed to be that powerful...

But enough off-topicness. In general, it does seem like Turn A > 00 Qan[T] based on all of its abilities.
Old 2011-04-20, 12:41   Link #1056
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by velocity7 View Post
But enough off-topicness. In general, it does seem like Turn A > 00 Qan[T] based on all of its abilities.
The 00Q would just Quantum Burst the Turn A's pilot and nanomachines into being its friend.
Old 2011-04-20, 23:36   Link #1057
GrahamAker
狙撃する準備ができ

Now I have to watch turn A.
Old 2011-04-22, 03:27   Link #1058
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Meh. Why does every Gundam series have to start off good and steadily grow more and more ridiculous and stupid the longer it runs?

I really enjoyed 00's first season. It was pretty good--at least right up until the end, anyway. Reminded me a lot of Code Geass actually. Both series started off being pretty decent attempts at Real Robot (though nothing like Flag or Front Mission) and both ended up venturing way too far into Super Robot territory.

I didn't really have high hopes for the movie, as I knew going in that the Gundams would be ridiculous on the level of GSD (or worse, Wing's OVA). I really wanted to like it, I really tried, but ultimately, I failed.

Gundam is supposed to be Real Robot with the slightest flavoring of Super Robot (in the form of Super Prototypes and crazy fight scenes). This is definitely not Real Robot. The Magic GN Pixie Dust continues to asspull and spackle gaping holes in the plot. The fights weren't even that good--a lot of flashy explosions as gigantic-alien-bullets were "killed."

Shit like that makes me miss the awesome fights between the Meisters and Graham, Setsuna and Ali Al-Saachez from season one.

Honestly, I thought it sucked balls. I give it 2 out of 10 at best.
Old 2011-04-22, 03:29   Link #1059
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Gundam is supposed to be Real Robot with the slightest flavoring of Super Robot (in the form of Super Prototypes and crazy fight scenes).
G Gundam would sorely disagree. And even the original MSG was had a hell of a lot of super robot conventions.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 03:33   Link #1060
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
There just isn't much for Real Robot fans in anime. Even shows like Gasaraki were polluted with NGE-style new-agey hokey magic crap.

Even games are pretty screwed. Hawken is just a multiplayer FPS, not a real mech-sim. And with FASA basically dead and the MechWarrior reboot in development hell/legal limbo, Squeenix convinced that nobody in the English-speaking world cares about Front Mission anymore...

We've got nothin' left.

Wish I had a functional PS2, I'd go play Front Mission 4 again to make myself feel better.