AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2011-11-08, 01:45   Link #1
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Post Anime Girls You Love And Hate At The Same Time?

I've watched a ton of anime over the years and there are a couple heroines that I like and hate at the same time.

My Examples:

Detective Conan's - Ran Mori:

She has a black belt in karate, but most of the time she plays the damsel in distress, and it contradicts the fact that she's trained in martial arts which is kind of funny.

Shuffles - Kaede Fuyou

She's a cute childhood friend character which is a plus, but she's too possessive and in later episodes I found her to be very pathetic.

To Love Ru's - Lala Satin Deviluke

She's cute and funny, but the downside to her is that she can be very annoying at times.

What are your examples and why?

Last edited by Kirito; 2011-11-08 at 04:00.
Kirito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-08, 01:50   Link #2
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Guilty Crown - Inori : Incredibly hot character design with a wonderful singing voice... so it's a bit frustrating that she doesn't have more personality (yet) to go with it. I really hope this changes.

Penguin Drum's Ringo Oginome was like this for me for awhile, but not anymore. Now I just like her a lot.
Old 2011-11-08, 01:58   Link #3
Rethice
Kingslayer

Send a message via AIM to Rethice Send a message via MSN to Rethice
Might I suggest changing this thread to "Anime characters you love and hate at the same time" for fairness?

Louise from Zero no Tsukaima - Though it's mostly just dislike now due to her Kugamiya Rei-type tsundere being so overdone and tedious, back while I was watching ZnT I had a lot of mixed feelings towards Louise because of her treatment of Saito. Though, he completely deserved it 90% of the time...

Rossiu from TTGL - We as viewers were meant to hate him, and WOW did Gainax do a good job of making me hate him. He was everything we were raised by TTGL to hate, but if it wasn't for him the second season would have gotten stale from overdoses of GAR, and in all honesty... He would have been right, -if- the TTGL world obeyed the law of logic. Hope I managed to say that without giving spoilers, just let me know if it's not acceptable.

Kyubey from Madoka - Do I really need to explain?

[mod edit: removed comment about reputation]

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2011-11-09 at 20:05. Reason: Please don't make sarcastic comments about rep
Rethice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-08, 02:08   Link #4
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Let's to name a few(in no order):
K-On!'s - Yui Hirasawa:
She can usually be a cute, positive,or energetic character that I like normally, but her airheaded-ness started to feel forced/annoying to me at some especially during ep 20 of S2...
Ore no Imouto's - Kirino Kousaka:
She can be very cute at times especially with character design, however a lot of the time she's spent being annoying or rude instead she's an example of when a tsundere has too much tsun really .
Hansaku Iroha's - Minko Tsurugi:
Started off slightly disliked by me, got better towards middle then reverted somewhat to her bad attitude later in the series -_-, that's not good character development .

P.S. same boat for triple as me regarding Ringo .
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-08, 02:46   Link #5
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
Mitsuki Hayase from Rumbling Hearts exemplifies what I thought when I saw the thread title to a T. Never before have I both wished for a character to succeed in their romantic endeavors while simultaneously wanting to strangle them for their stupidity.
GANBARIMASU
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-08, 03:42   Link #6
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

Pai Chan (VF) - She's kickass but her tsundere-ness ticks me off.

Inaho Hitomivore (MoM)- I only like her sometimes bec. she and Mosquiton look good together.

Yukime (JsN)- I dunno i love her but hate her too. Maybe bec. i prefer Ritsuko w/ Nube?

Lan Mori (MC)- like somebody said,she's kickass but almost always portrayed as a D-i-D.I like the older Ai over her btw.

Meyrin Hawke (GSD)- I like her w/o Athrun. AsuCaga FTW

I forgot the others XD
BaKaBaKaOtaKu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-09, 00:57   Link #7
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Alice (Kamisama no Memochou)-- Sophisticated and genuinely caring, but however is prone to bouts of lameness at the worst times possible. Although I liked her a lot, it was hard to really get into her character since she didn't get that much development

Misato Katsuragi-- Although one of the sexiest characters in all of anime and a capable leader that gets the job done when she needs to, and also a very self-sacrificing character, she also lacks self control and is an alcoholic. She's also rather manipulative and won't hesitate to use her looks or her body to get what she wants and is utterly fucked up when it comes to romance and sex. Like everyone else in her series, she's a trainwreck of a person that frequently self destruct, but comes off as the most likable person in the series

Mai Kawasumi - Although she's fiercely loyal to her friends, very cute, and has a great sense of honor and class, I really can't agree with the self destructive ragequitting behavior. Although the fact that a lot of my favorite characters are indeed self-destructive girls (Rika and Homura aren't exactly very stable thanks to what's been happening to them) doesn't reflect well on me, does it?

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-09, 01:17   Link #8
mecharobot

Lynn Minmay (SDF Macross): Very selfish, ficle and sleeps with her... but is also a somewhat beliavable and humane character, who develops nicely throughout the course of the series.
mecharobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-09, 01:30   Link #9
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

Minmei Lynn was a character I hate but I really love too. XD Add Ranka Lee in there. XD
BaKaBaKaOtaKu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-12, 01:37   Link #10
Mangakasan
BURST LINK!!

I just hate those random characters that get the protagonists way, like someone passing out fliers in the street. And I kinda like and hate chiyu-chan and niko from accel world.
Strength isn't just about winning. Even if my attempts are pathetic and comical, and even if I'm covered in the mud of my defeat, if I can keep fighting and look up at the sky as I lie on the ground, that alone is proof of true strength!
Mangakasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-12, 04:51   Link #11
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

Kirino Kousaka - I really don't like her usual abrasive attitude towards her brother, but when she flashes Kyousuke that rare fanged smile... it just gets me every time. I love that expression of hers.

I agree with Konakaga on her excessive tsun-ness and cute character design. If one has to call her a tsundere, then I say she'd be 99% tsun and 1% dere. Any guy who can make a girl like this smile and blush is a hero in my eyes.
Old 2012-09-12, 05:05   Link #12
HasuMasu
*Artist

I guess there are a couple, but the prime example for me would be Haruhi.

Damn, do I want to strangle her or cuddle her? Just, dammit.
Old 2012-09-12, 06:36   Link #13
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Kirino of Oreimo - Please, Kirino...Kiss your brother now!!!!! (on the cheek at least)

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-12, 07:57   Link #14
Vladrave
The Dark Slayer

Saber - I don't like her BS ideals as it pretty much contradicts my own philosophy but i still freaking love her.

Last edited by Vladrave; 2012-09-13 at 07:41.
Vladrave is offline   Reply With Quote