Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-06-09, 10:18   Link #3141
RapidPotential
Spinning round and round~

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzuya13 View Post
And here I thought that SS volume aren't counted in the volume count.
They technically aren't. They do add to the volume totals of the series but it's usually something along the lines of "8 + 2 (the SS volumes)" or close to it. I guess you could think of them as stories that may or may not have anything relevant to the plot - something extra. If it's the former, they usually show up later on and if they aren't, technically it didn't happen during the plot timeline.

Note that there's not much revealed about what volume 8 is about, so there's nothing to speculate about (yet).
RapidPotential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-09, 10:41   Link #3142
kazzuya13

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapidPotential View Post
They technically aren't. They do add to the volume totals of the series but it's usually something along the lines of "8 + 2 (the SS volumes)" or close to it. I guess you could think of them as stories that may or may not have anything relevant to the plot - something extra. If it's the former, they usually show up later on and if they aren't, technically it didn't happen during the plot timeline.

Note that there's not much revealed about what volume 8 is about, so there's nothing to speculate about (yet).
Because they keep saying volume 9 this volume 9 that however there is only 7 volume and a SS volume
kazzuya13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-09, 11:37   Link #3143
RapidPotential
Spinning round and round~

Quote:
Because they keep saying volume 9 this volume 9 that however there is only 7 volume and a SS volume
Said volume 9 seems to be in line for a December release and given past release dates it is not surprising that it would be out around that time. Moreover releases during the year of the anime adaptation airing tend to slow off slightly compared to regular times because of the involvement of the author in the adaptation process (not sure if this is the case for this series).
RapidPotential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-09, 11:46   Link #3144
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Because as of yet there is no releae date for volume 8. However, all previous volumes of DAL have come out 4-5 months after the previous. So if you do the math,

Volume 7: March 19, 2013
Volume 9: December 2013

you have a 9-month gap, where volume 8's release would fit perfectly in at either four or five months after March 19, then volume 9 five or four months after that. We just haven't heard any release date yet unlike volume 9.

On another DAL subject, I'm not sure what this is:

http://www.getchu.com/soft.phtml?id=774806

It seems to be some kind of visual book about the heroines, or something along those lines. Slated for a 6/28 release.
Old 2013-06-09, 12:00   Link #3145
kagato3

Quote:
And here I thought that SS volume aren't counted in the volume count.
depends on the series as some do some don't. Example all of the ones in HS DxD are counted but most of the ones in the Index are not (only the first was and it had some fairly plot important things in it).

that being said all of the other volumes of DAL are clearly numbered on their covers as Date A Live 0x aside from the first one. given Encore is not I doubt it is Vol 8
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-09, 12:24   Link #3146
cloud04
Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Because as of yet there is no releae date for volume 8. However, all previous volumes of DAL have come out 4-5 months after the previous. So if you do the math,

Volume 7: March 19, 2013
Volume 9: December 2013

you have a 9-month gap, where volume 8's release would fit perfectly in at either four or five months after March 19, then volume 9 five or four months after that. We just haven't heard any release date yet unlike volume 9.

On another DAL subject, I'm not sure what this is:

http://www.getchu.com/soft.phtml?id=774806

It seems to be some kind of visual book about the heroines, or something along those lines. Slated for a 6/28 release.
iirc thats visual for the anime version

http://www.kadokawa.co.jp/comic/bk_d...d=321303000162
Old 2013-06-09, 23:05   Link #3147
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Yo guys, I think I am hooked onto this series. I read through vol 1 to vol 5. It seems good and interesting. Each of these Spirits and Origami have *unique* personalities. I was about to go in vol 6, but something is kind of bugging me. In the epilogue of vol 5, Kotori mentioned that she will kill Shidou if he manages to use Spirit's Angels. I wonder why?

Again if you don't know me by now I enjoy spoilers, they give me more reasons to read the series.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-09, 23:08   Link #3148
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Yo guys, I think I am hooked onto this series. I read through vol 1 to vol 5. It seems good and interesting. Each of these Spirits and Origami have *unique* personalities. I was about to go in vol 6, but something is kind of bugging me. In the epilogue of vol 5, Kotori mentioned that she will kill Shidou if he manages to use Spirit's Angels. I wonder why?

Again if you don't know me by now I enjoy spoilers, they give me more reasons to read the series.
I don't know for sure but I suspect its because they don't want shidou going berserk he's suppose to absorb their powers but in theory I suspect he wasn't suppose to be able to use them like he has. Kotori's power was a given but as for being able to summon them its an issue they don't want considering how dangerous the spirits are
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-09, 23:16   Link #3149
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
I don't know for sure but I suspect its because they don't want shidou going berserk he's suppose to absorb their powers but in theory I suspect he wasn't suppose to be able to use them like he has. Kotori's power was a given but as for being able to summon them its an issue they don't want considering how dangerous the spirits are
Yeah, but this is coming from DEM company and from Elliot Widman. Their sole duty is to kill the Spirits, and then Shidou somehow prevented their plans in vol 5. I think it is more towards the threat what Shidou will do to the plans of DEM than the entire world.
Old 2013-06-10, 03:26   Link #3150
kagato3

Kotori's group isn't DEM. The way I read it was not if he was just useing them but did go beserk/evil that he would need to die. 1 angel is pretty bad 3+ is apocaliptic.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2013-06-10, 07:09   Link #3151
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
Kotori's group isn't DEM. The way I read it was not if he was just useing them but did go beserk/evil that he would need to die. 1 angel is pretty bad 3+ is apocaliptic.
I know that Kotori isn't a part of DEM, Elliot Widman is her benefactor. I still think it is because Shidou's new ability to summoned Angels. Widman also knows a bit of Shidou's background. Too many coincidence to say Wildman most likely already known for a while that Shidou could have that ability.
Old 2013-06-10, 07:29   Link #3152
NeutralZero

Shidou going berserk is the last thing they will ever want... but that mysterious voice who ever she is from the start of the series might move if that ever do happen...
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-10, 08:46   Link #3153
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

I wonder......

Spoiler for theory:
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-10, 09:01   Link #3154
Naoe Yamato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
I wonder......

Spoiler for theory:
Spoiler for my opinion:
Old 2013-06-10, 17:48   Link #3155
sky black swordman

Quote:
In the epilogue of vol 5, Kotori mentioned that she will kill Shidou if he manages to use Spirit's Angels. I wonder why?
IMO, this may not matter any more, Elliot Widman and the rest of Ratatoksr need to think of another alternative method to stopping Shidou other than to killing him if manages gain control of the Spirit's Angels and or possibly goes berserk with their powers.

Given that in volume 7, Tohka went "Black Tohka" after being face with the possibility that Shidou was going to be taken away from her (killed) and then proceeds to go berserk, attacking anyone and anything in front of her while wielding more power than she did before.

If Ratatoksr goes through with their plan to have Kotori to kill Shidou and Tohka gets wind of this plan, Tohka may transform once again into that state and not only attempt to kill Kotori and those who may seek to do harm to Shidou.
Old 2013-06-10, 18:35   Link #3156
kagato3

Quote:
I know that Kotori isn't a part of DEM, Elliot Widman is her benefactor. I still think it is because Shidou's new ability to summoned Angels. Widman also knows a bit of Shidou's background. Too many coincidence to say Wildman most likely already known for a while that Shidou could have that ability.
I think you are confusing Widman and Westcott. All the sumeries are stating it is Westcott that knows more then he should about Shidou's background. Other then at the end of vol 5 I don't think Widman has appeared. And it seems Widman's goal has nothing to do with killing Spirits
Old 2013-06-10, 21:31   Link #3157
kazzuya13

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
I think you are confusing Widman and Westcott. All the sumeries are stating it is Westcott that knows more then he should about Shidou's background. Other then at the end of vol 5 I don't think Widman has appeared. And it seems Widman's goal has nothing to do with killing Spirits
It feels like killing spirits is not their top priority and it just happens to coincide with their goal. Maybe their goal is to go to the other or maybe create an artificial angel.
kazzuya13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-10, 22:20   Link #3158
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Oh man, there goes the Evil Brits for ya.

BTW, why do they want from the Second Spirit?
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-10, 23:44   Link #3159
Naoe Yamato

maybe the same thing Kurumi wants from her, information about the first spirit, it's the bestreason I can think as to why he/she's not being killed yet
Old 2013-06-11, 02:20   Link #3160
leadeater

With all this talk about Shidou going berserk, I wonder who Shidou's father is. It seems that Shidou never mentions anything about a father, only a mother that he's forgotten.
leadeater is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, angelic spirits, antiheroine, comedy, drama, fake harem, fantasia bunko, harem, light novel, open ending, possible true harem, romance, science fiction, seinen, shounen, time travel, tragedy