Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2006-03-13, 15:58   Link #261
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama
Okay here goes. What makes anime based off Hentai games so popular and inevitable hits. I've seen a bit of Shuffle and some Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien, Green Green among others and from what I can tell they often feature a cookie cutter plot of a male who is surrounded by women who are desperate to take care of him and constantly fawn over him. Stock Characters abound and confused sexual inneundo's and light hearted comedic moments ensue for much of the series while each character gets an arc. Then fans speculate over who he will choose and who is the least annoying as it gears up to an ending which always seems to be some tragic event that injures a major character. I am just trying to understand why this genre is growing so rapidly and enjoys such popularity over other genres such as Mecha, Action and Slice Of Life stories, and why they can't do something with it other than the plot I have previously mentioned. Some have their charm but the genre of Hentai-To Anime can only go so far in my opinion. Sound off on this if you'd like. I wanted to create a new topic for this but for some reason I'm restricted for doing so in this forum.
Most of the problems you have with Hentai game anime dont apply to Fate/stay night, which feature an epic story with deep characters. Maybe you should try making a thread in General Anime discussion for this instead of in Fate/stay night
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-15, 19:12   Link #262
monster

Spoiler for question about Shinji's fate:
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-15, 19:29   Link #263
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstert
Spoiler for question about Shinji's fate:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-03-15, 19:31   Link #264
monster

Thanks for the reply.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-15, 20:10   Link #265
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Shinji did become a good person in the end of UBW, AFAIK.
Old 2006-03-15, 20:21   Link #266
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

I don't get why you guys hate Shinji so much, he's just a poor guy who got stuck playing the "low-life loser character" in the story. The poor guy even got trauma from it, and hanged around the edge of the dock all day rolled up in a ball throughout hollow ataraxia. And he's really a lonely person inside who competes with Issei all the time for Shirou's attention.

And after Sakura "reclaimed control" in HF, life in hollow ataraxia has been hell at the Matou house for poor Shinji and grandpa Zouken under the her iron fist rulings as well. Shirou and Shinji's (one-way) adventure into Sakura's room in search for her diary proved just how horrifying things are for our favorite loser.

Shinji and Shirou makes such a good comedic pair it would be a total waste to off him.
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-15, 20:21   Link #267
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Still doesn't make me want to stab him repeatedly any less.
Old 2006-03-15, 20:54   Link #268
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

There's just always gotta be a character to hate.. its a shame to, i rather like Shinji as a character.. thought sometimes people go to far with what he can do in Doujins. ^^;
Old 2006-03-15, 23:52   Link #269
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

In the game, when one scenario plays out, do we assume that parts of the history from different scenarios never happened? Sort of like "They never mentioned it, so it never happened" kind of thing?

... like no worm, no abuse, no backstory, things pivotal to one scenario that took place before the story never happened etc etc?

Or does everything fit into place?
Decagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-16, 04:17   Link #270
roan

they all fit into place. everything that happened in the past in one route, happens in the past in another route.
roan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-16, 19:56   Link #271
riznar
Save the Lesbians!

I have a question, in the promo, Archer says "I am the bone of my sword" and I've seen people make reference to this line.

What the heck does it mean? Is it some japanese saying or is it some spoiling thing? I don't think he's said it in the anime yet...
riznar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-16, 20:52   Link #272
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by riznar
I have a question, in the promo, Archer says "I am the bone of my sword" and I've seen people make reference to this line.

What the heck does it mean? Is it some japanese saying or is it some spoiling thing? I don't think he's said it in the anime yet...
There's a lot more that goes after that line , if you wanna hear just let me know - but its a spoiler for who he is, and his technique.
Old 2006-03-18, 01:58   Link #273
Fire Ice
Almost dead inside...

Quote:

Click-eth of your own free will...Spoilers ahead!! extra precautions ^^ Enjoy.
Spoiler for For Game spoilers, and so on and so forth:

Meh...I've never played the HF storyline in F/sn...I'm curious to find out what happens now...
But I did enjoy the killing of Shinji...FATE = <3, ftw wh00t. ^^;
Fire Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-18, 02:11   Link #274
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:

It's the first line of his activation keyword for his Noble Phantasm. Typical Engrish, but it's gotten pretty famous since everyone's making parodies of it.

The japanese that went along with that line was 体は剣でできている (karada ha ken de dekiteiru), which means "My body is made of swords" → Engrish "I am the bone of my sword". Parodies involve swapping the noun "sword" in the sentence for something else (For example, one of Neco Arc's victory lines in Melty Blood was: 体はネコでできている (I am the bone of my cat?)).
Old 2006-03-18, 22:46   Link #275
Mr. Guy

Spoiler for Question on Sakura's Specialty:
Mr. Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-20, 12:11   Link #276
Nereid

Spoiler for Fate/hollow ataraxia:

Last edited by Nereid; 2006-03-20 at 12:31.
Nereid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-20, 14:03   Link #277
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y
It's the first line of his activation keyword for his Noble Phantasm. Typical Engrish, but it's gotten pretty famous since everyone's making parodies of it.

The japanese that went along with that line was 体は剣でできている (karada ha ken de dekiteiru), which means "My body is made of swords" → Engrish "I am the bone of my sword". Parodies involve swapping the noun "sword" in the sentence for something else (For example, one of Neco Arc's victory lines in Melty Blood was: 体はネコでできている (I am the bone of my cat?)).
Actually, you'll be surprised to know that TYPE-MOON actually consulted an English translator for that quote (my sources regarding this is confidential, so I can't go further). The advisor went with the "I am the bone of my sword" because it resonates a deeper meaning than "my bone is made of swords."
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-20, 14:40   Link #278
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Guy
Spoiler for Question on Sakura's Specialty:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nereid
Spoiler for Fate/hollow ataraxia:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
Actually, you'll be surprised to know that TYPE-MOON actually consulted an English translator for that quote (my sources regarding this is confidential, so I can't go further). The advisor went with the "I am the bone of my sword" because it resonates a deeper meaning than "my bone is made of swords."
The English in the rest of it was relatively normal, so the Engrish in this one stood out, that's all.
Doesn't change the fact that's it's awfully confusing though ^^;

Last edited by Sushi-Y; 2006-03-20 at 15:48.
Old 2006-03-20, 15:27   Link #279
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
that magical box is very powerful, one wonders if Rin ever tempted to do more than what she did in the game story.

I would be sorely tempted to abuse the box.
Old 2006-03-20, 15:33   Link #280
Mirtual

Question

I am new to Fate/stay night, so go easy on me because I am almost sure this has been asked and/or answered already, so please don't jump at my throat for asking again, but could someone tell me what historical heros Lancer and Rider are based on?

Assassin -->Sasaki Kojiro
Berserker -->Hercules
Saber -->Not mentioned, though my personal guess would be jeanne d'arc
Lancer --> ???
Rider --> ???

And no other spoilers for me please, I don't want to know who Saber is for sure, I don't want to know who else is going to appear, I don't want to know who is going to die, I don't want to know who wins,... well, you get the idea.

Thanks for the information and the patience.
Mirtual is offline   Reply With Quote