AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > True Tears

Notices

View Poll Results: True Tears - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 52 46.43%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 41 36.61%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 13.39%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 3.57%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-02-04, 09:19   Link #101
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Well, wow. First, we have Hiromi sharing a special little moment with Shinichiro by the beach. Then, we have Noe peeking around his house to see him dancing. Then, Shinichiro comes into Hiromi's room to speak his stuff, and it's almost as if Hiromi is saying so much more with her body language than she actually said. Finally, we have Aiko throwing her lot into the competition. Great stuff, this True Tears. There really isn't anything quite like it at the moment.

Guardian Enzo also perfectly nailed the thing about Shinichiro that I didn't like thus far, but couldn't put a description to. Indeed, he's the archetypical 'good boy'; fair enough, but male leads like Kyon and Yuuichi have unfortunately spoiled me for this type. Oh, well. :S

10/10, no doubt about it. Blog article coming soon.

Last edited by Pellissier; 2008-02-04 at 10:36. Reason: please read the first post... true tears is licensed. First line removed.
Old 2008-02-04, 10:09   Link #102
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
Ding ding ding you are correct about this. Seriously why would people think that he should confess or think he has a chance with Hiromi when he heard from Hiromi herself that hes not the one she likes but the other kid (Jun), any chances of him thinking he had with her were wiped out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by faust123 View Post
Don't know why you guys keep nagging on shin for being stupid. The girl he has liked FOREVER just a few days before confessed to her friend that she liked this other guy. Shin has probably been thinking about how/when to confess to hiromi for god knows how long. I think anyone who was in the same position would think this isn't the optimal time. Why would he want to put it all on the line now when it is completely reasonable to think that he will be rejected.
Because that's what forum are.To express everything that you wanna say about the anime in form of discussion.It doesn't matter if ppl accept it or not,at least you will feel better after writing down everything that you wanna tell.

I'm probably (or maybe i am) in the same group of ppl that think Shin has a chance to ended up with Hiromi.I just like Shin after all...after reading Guardian Enzo's post about how "good boy" he is Beside i like Hiromi too...she has a nice personality after all although in the beginning she probably annoyed us with her !@#$%^&*( attitude.But that change starting from episode 4...she realize that lying to herself won't get her to what she wanted.At least its good that finally she realize the mistake she made from ep 1-3.Unlike someone who're still trap in his own imagination..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Spoiler:
Hahahaha...

I like the way you describe him,although i don't think he gonna go to that extend to do that stuffs with Hiromi...at most i think,he only dare to ask Hiromi to be her model for his painting.
Old 2008-02-04, 12:36   Link #103
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Well it sounds like things are becoming interesting indeed, Shin seems to have stuck his foot in his mouth yet once again and hopefully Aiko does what i have predicting she will do, not to mention the numerous misunderstandings and a certain male lead character deciding something on his own which is not his right i dont care if is about Hiromi. I will have to depend on spoilers until the dvd release since it has been licensed. With a series where the dialog is very important watching the RAWs just wont dont it justice especially with my japanese language skills at the moment
Old 2008-02-04, 13:03   Link #104
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Blog article is up:

[RIUVA] True Tears, Episode 5

Guardian Enzo, apologies for not asking your permission, but anyway I've quoted you on my article.

Last edited by Ascaloth; 2008-02-04 at 20:17. Reason: Forgot to take out the "Trial Run"...that's what happens when one writes articles at 2am.
Old 2008-02-04, 13:18   Link #105
Khaos

Talking

This scene was just too cute
Spoiler for Screenshot:
Old 2008-02-04, 13:39   Link #106
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
That is the problem, it seems like he is "STILL" trying to sell himself to her instead of trying to "romance" her. HE is already going out with her, he doesn't need to prove himself. Unless if they are going out on provation, something like she told him that she doesn't like him that way, but she is going to give a try. That is the only way I can understand Nobuse always trying to sell his "good points".

You know, Nobuse and Aiko reminds me of Kai and Mao from Kimikiss!
People show their affection for someone in different ways. Nobuse's being that he constantly exclaims that he will eat anything/do anything/etc... with/from Ai. That's how he expresses himself, with boisterous words. Which is a problem, since words are nice and all but actions speak louder (ironic). The one time he did try to act he ends up startling Ai but I don't think he realizes why as she passes it off.

If he doesn't realize it soon there's not much hope for his dreams of being with her forever.

I don't know how much they are like Kai and Mao. Mao is just using Kai so that she doesn't have to think about her feelings for Kouichi. While Ai is simply stuck with Nobuse since she's clearly afraid of hurting him/being hurt.
Old 2008-02-04, 13:56   Link #107
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
As much as I love this show's quality, this ep gets a 7 from me. We don't see anything new that we haven't known before and it's just a continuation of everything from before. Sure, Aiko seems to be making a move and Hiromi got miffed by Shinichiro, but that was basically it. This is as close to a filler episode as it could get for this show.
I get what you're saying, but let's see: Shin actually goes to look for Noe. Noe has lunch with Hiromi. Hiromi goes for a semi-romantic walk with Shin. Noe comes and watches Shin dance, then licks his cheek. Shin ends up making Jun think he agrees to an arrangement whereby Shin goes out with Noe and Jun goes out with Hiromi. Hiromi invites Shin into her room and reveals (to us, anyway) that she wants him to say something romantic, while he tells her something romantic about another guy, which annoys her. Aiko starts to make her move on Shin. Cliffhanger.

I guess we don't see everybody changing their personalities and intentions entirely, but a plot has to be unified and coherent. As far as I'm concerned there was a lot new and exciting in this episode. Shin makes a move toward Noe for the first time, and Hiromi makes a move toward Shin for the first time. Ai starts her big move toward Shin, Noe actually just about kisses Shin, and Jun begins to move toward Hiromi.

Shin still finds Noe baffling and off-putting, but his going to look for her at the chicken cage was the first time he made the move. I think he's coming around.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2008-02-04, 15:32   Link #108
cloudninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Shin still finds Noe baffling and off-putting, but his going to look for her at the chicken cage was the first time he made the move. I think he's coming around.
Spoiler for episode 5 spoilers:
Old 2008-02-04, 16:10   Link #109
Tiberium Wolf

I am giving a 9 just because of the bedroom scene. It's so weird to have that scene repeated from different point of view.
Old 2008-02-04, 16:24   Link #110
cloudninja

Spoiler for Hiromi and Shin beach scene:

Last edited by cloudninja; 2008-02-04 at 16:49.
Old 2008-02-04, 16:57   Link #111
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudninja View Post
Spoiler for episode 5 spoilers:
I think you're right. I got the days wrong. But I still think he's weakening. Maybe it's just wishful thinking, and maybe it's intuition. "She's not a bad kid," he tells Hiromi. But he is such a good boy that weird is hard to deal with. However, his drawing is now featuring Noe's dreams....

I really have no clue who he is going to end up with, if anyone. It would be Hiromi, according to form, but I sense something hard in the soft Hiromi, and something weak in the bold Noe. Aiko is the tomboy whom Shin is surprised to find doing something so "feminine" (?) as knitting. He wants to take away Hiromi's tears, but perhaps she is crying least of the three.

The lick and Noe's reaction to his shock are very interesting. Perhaps her interest in him is just as a friend. Otherwise, why would she be surprised that a lick on the cheek would discombobulate him so.

Good point about the beach scene. Is it possible that their various ineptitudes will being Shin and Hiromi happiness -- with Noe and Jun, respectively?

I've always loved the very Production IG dance scene in the OP (PA Works does work with Production IG). I guess that the festival will be a key point in the story. Noe's being so impressed with Shin's participation is a hint to me that she may "win." Of course, there are lots of hints on all sides.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2008-02-04, 17:49   Link #112
puretsundere
Tachibana Isana

Spoiler for Ep 5:
Old 2008-02-04, 18:11   Link #113
cloudninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmkharuhiism View Post
Spoiler for Ep 5:
Spoiler for above spoiler:

Last edited by cloudninja; 2008-02-04 at 18:36.
Old 2008-02-04, 19:16   Link #114
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
Blog article is up:

[RIUVA] Trial Run: True Tears, Episode 5

Guardian Enzo, apologies for not asking your permission, but anyway I've quoted you on my article.
Not at all - I'm flattered (as long as you aren't selling paid advertising!).

I would like to add that, in case my description gave the wrong impression, I really like Shin a lot. I think he's one of the most appealing Good Boys because while he follows all the rules and always does what's expected, he's extremely passionate about what he's actually feeling and this is always visible on his incredibly expressive face. This is a tribute to the animation team, because you always get a sense of the roiling emotion underneath the dialogue. I see Shin's puzzlement at the ways of the world - and girls especially - and can't help but feel for him. The poor kid just can't figure out why always doing the right thing never leads to the desired result. I suspect, before it's all said and done, he's going to go on some sort of a bender and let a bit of his inner wild child out (the fantasy of every Good Boy)....
Old 2008-02-04, 21:05   Link #115
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Otherwise, why would she be surprised that a lick on the cheek would discombobulate him so.
She seems like the kind of girl that wouldn't expect a teacher to react like that if she licked their face. I don't think we can judge her feelings for Shin just because of that scene.
Old 2008-02-04, 22:10   Link #116
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Disregarding my previous post i couldnt wait so i went ahead and watched the episode i had to give it a 10/10 all the way.

The level of misunderstandings has reached an all time high. I dont think there is single person who is truly being honest about their feelings at this point. Except for maybe Noe but shes so eccentric we dont even know what is what with her. I did notice that her full attention is now focused Shin. Even though he was a little wuss and lied to her about having dancing class on that day. But Noe forgave him just like that and with a little lick everything is fine. Noes face as she watches Shin dance was so cute.

Hiromi at this point i dont know what could help this poor girl. She has several situations none of which are favorable right now. The bed scene only pushed them future apart which is a shame after that nice walk to the beach they had. Next thing you know Shin douche of a mother is telling her not to walk with him. The misunderstandings are just out of control it hard to see whats what anymore.

Shin actually irritated me a bit in this episode but its normal because of the situation. But even if things are complicated you cant just trade a person for another to go out with their sister WTF. At least he realized that he was the one that opened his big mouth and said it. Now Noes brother is going to be putting the moves on Hiromi which equal more misunderstandings, with a friend like Shin who the hell needs enemies. SignI must be glutton for punishment because i live for this stuff Tomoyo sent that text message because she also misread the situation now we have a misunderstanding on her part too.

The episode ended with a nice cliffhanger Aiko saying dont open it which holding on to Shins back was powerful. I think she was knitting that sweater for Shin all along. Her feelings are about to burst she cant hold them in anymore and its going to be a shocker. Even if things didnt work out with Shin i dont think Aiko should stay with Nobouse. He has done nothing to earn the right to be in a relationship with her. He boast about knowing everything there is to know about her but oh how wrong he is. Honestly he does not really pay attention to her feelings it seems like hes just going through motions of what he thinks a relationship should be. Things are definitely heating up i want more damn it so much more

Next episode Possibilities
Aiko Confesses?
Shin is so shocked he thinks its a joke?
Hiromi and Shins mom have an altercation?
Noes brother hits on Hiromi? she didnt look happy about that.

This and more on the next True Tears please keep swearing to a minimum and a box of tissues handy at all times.
Old 2008-02-04, 22:11   Link #117
cloudninja

Quote:
I guess that the festival will be a key point in the story. Noe's being so impressed with Shin's participation is a hint to me that she may "win." Of course, there are lots of hints on all sides.
Don't forget Hiromi's past connection with Shin at that same festival when they were younger. It's obviously a treasured memory of hers since she thought back to it in episodes 2 and 3 as she was wondering "what should I do?". I agree that the festival will play a big part in the story and look forward to it.
Old 2008-02-04, 23:14   Link #118
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I guess I'm the only person in the world who still thinks there might be some truth in Hiromi's "lie" about being attracted to Jun. When she was talking about it to Shin in the previous episode, she sounded so convincing to me. And in this episode, on the beach, she made a point of mentioning to Shin that Noe had come to make friends with her, and was sort of thanking him, perhaps.

Is it possible that misunderstanding is an endemic condition of Japanese life, even more than of life elsewhere? When you're not supposed to say things directly but just hint at them, even Japanese must sometimes get the hints wrong. I wonder if that is one of the main themes of this show, in the minds of the director and the writer.

The more we think about this show, the more subtle and complex it becomes.

Another good point from cloudninja, about Hiromi and Shin's past experience at the festival.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2008-02-04 at 23:28.
Old 2008-02-05, 00:24   Link #119
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

I love your description, Guardian Enzo! If you haven't done so already, you should post that in the Shinichiro thread.

Quote:
I guess I'm the only person in the world who still thinks there might be some truth in Hiromi's "lie" about being attracted to Jun. When she was talking about it to Shin in the previous episode, she sounded so convincing to me. And in this episode, on the beach, she made a point of mentioning to Shin that Noe had come to make friends with her, and was sort of thanking him, perhaps.
Remember though, this is shonen romance. Girls who really really like the main character (and there's no doubt anymore that Hiromi digs the Good Step-Brother*) aren't allowed to have pre-existing complicated love feelings involving another nice young man, no sir. That stuff only exists in shoujo romance, and don't let anyone tells you otherwise.

* The body language in Hiromi's room scene anyone? I have as much knowledge about girls' body language as I do the amazing mysteries of the Universe, but even I can recognize those...poses...as rather inviting signs. Not for him to jump in literally of course, but y'know.

######

I'm loving this show, really. It's kind of hard at the same time since all the girls are likable to various degrees, and they'll all going through a bunch of interesting developments. And LOL indeed at Shin's sarcasm backfiring on him big time.

Unlike the majority of people it seems, I don't find Aiko that special. She's a nice girl, a best friend, and someone in a big love trouble. But otherwise compare to the other two girls she's just kind of "normal." She finally makes her move though. Oh the drama! What will happen to the friendship between Nobuse and Shin as a result!?

Noe is awesome. At first she's just "moe" weird. Now we see that she really is a nice girl. It's amazing how quick she forgives Shin for his lie, and the way she tells him (I doubt he gets it though) is really cute. Her influence is now dominating the artistic creations of the Good Boy (I'll call him that from now on), quite a feat.

Hiromi is my favorite though. Cinderella! (lulz)
Old 2008-02-05, 00:29   Link #120
golthin

Quote:
I guess I'm the only person in the world who still thinks there might be some truth in Hiromi's "lie" about being attracted to Jun. .
Pretty much you are on your own island. The funny thing is that someone on another forum said that there must not be anyone left in the world with your thinking and I said "oh yes there will be"
Closed Thread