AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-05-26, 07:00   Link #801
Velsy

I been thinking about unlocking Cassipea, she was the first hero I played and I liked her. But being a noobie (and I still am ) I guess I didnt know how to make the best use of her.

How is she as a champion ? should I unlock her ? I was also looking at Kaw Maw (spelling) the one who shoots acid, plus didnt he get a buff this patch ?

not really sure who I guess O_O
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-26, 07:13   Link #802
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post
I been thinking about unlocking Cassipea, she was the first hero I played and I liked her. But being a noobie (and I still am ) I guess I didnt know how to make the best use of her.

How is she as a champion ? should I unlock her ? I was also looking at Kaw Maw (spelling) the one who shoots acid, plus didnt he get a buff this patch ?
Cassi is really good, but my way of playing her is kinda different compare to other, since I can't really make use of her E, therefore I'm tend to max her poison as fast as possible, which lead to better presence in team fight, but lack deadly burst damage in ganking/fighting in anything that has less than 3 enemies.

Kog'maw is my favorite champ. With the recent buff, I guess both AP and AD Kog are viable.
Old 2011-05-26, 07:21   Link #803
Kana Futayo
is not amused
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Kog'maw is my favorite champ. With the recent buff, I guess both AP and AD Kog are viable.
I'm having luck with AP Koggles before and even now. I love the changes especially the ooze width.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
I can't wait for this new champ! Guinsoo apparently said she was super fun on his twitter, she's a support with an interesting mechanic, and most importantly, SHE REMINDS ME OF LAMBDA!
I'm intrigued about Orianna when she was first announced. The last time I was hyped about a champion announcement is Vladimir.
Old 2011-05-26, 10:51   Link #804
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post

not really sure who I guess O_O
Kog is an easy carry. He can farm and harass with safety, and can respond to enemy fire with some heavy damage even at early levels. Ofc he's got the problem of squishiness that rests in all carries, but you can get over it with mobility imo;as long as people don't catch up to you, they're dead.
Cassiopeia is a more potent bruiser with built-in mobility from her Q, and great zoning ability. Very hard to skill properly though, because you want her E pumped at LV9~12, but having it maxed by 9 means having a sucky Q during the laning phase, and she really needs that gold...

EDIT: Looks like Orianna will have some nifty tricks..."shielding allies with The Ball and using it as the focal point of your abilities", does this mean she can tag her pet on Amumu and unleash hell inside his ulti?

Last edited by Kafriel; 2011-05-26 at 11:05.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-26, 12:03   Link #805
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Kog doesn't just have squishy problem. He has like no escape method. Gap closer champion like Jarvan or Xin Zhao can make Kog cry a river.
Old 2011-05-26, 12:34   Link #806
Velsy

well I unlocked her and well. I guess shes too hard for me <.<

Played a game with people and before I new it I was 1/5/x (I actually somehow killed somone tho) Then went and played bots and well, kinda still sucked. I dont mind shes unique and challenging, its just I guess when I start dieng alot, my team will get angry and abusive (which I see all the time). Guess shes really too hard for a newbie like me to handle so far ^_^
Old 2011-05-26, 12:37   Link #807
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Tips: Use smart casting for her E (shift + E when targeting your enemy).
Old 2011-05-26, 13:01   Link #808
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Kog doesn't just have squishy problem. He has like no escape method. Gap closer champion like Jarvan or Xin Zhao can make Kog cry a river.
Flash is Kog's best friend
Old 2011-05-26, 14:21   Link #809
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Flash is also your opponent best friend then
Kog is easy to kill with his low hp & no escape. Well he have his E to slow but still.
I play him AS with Madred mix with Q. And then rush Frozen mallet for HP & slow , he really needs it.
AP is viable too , i like spamming his ult (with blue buff ofc )

Imo , Cass with her previous buff , she's a great caster. It requires more skills than the others caster like Vlad , Annie , Ryze.... so it's not surprising that she's hard to play.
Be aware that her ulti is better when you face to face the opponent
And for that you have to be close to them so a double-edge.
Max W if you want to harrass your opponent.
Max E if you want to play more aggressive & get a fast kill but it's a double-edge too , depends the champ you're facing.
If they have a jungler , it's better to last hit minions than using your W or Q. Just harrass & predict your opponent movement.

For Orianna , she's not a full support , more like a mi-support mi-AP. Her Passive suxx..
Waiting the spotlight.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-26, 15:26   Link #810
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Tips: Use smart casting for her E (shift + E when targeting your enemy).
I basically just binded smartcast to QWER when I played Cass...

Actually, I'm using smartcast a lot more now. It's really convenient. I have it on QWE for Lux, QW for Annie, and sometimes I'll even set it for melee champs with gap closers if I'm being really aggressive.

Also, new champ details and Xypherous is answering a lot of questions about her in General Discussion. Basically, I'm definitely buying her.
Quote:
There once was a Piltovian man named Corin Reveck who had a daughter named Orianna, whom he loved more than anything else in the world. Though Orianna had incredible talent for dancing, she was deeply fascinated by the champions of the League of Legends. This fascination compelled her to begin training to become such a champion. It is unfortunate that her sheltered, wide-eyed naivete led her to take unnecessary and dangerous chances which ultimately led to her tragic demise. Orianna's death shattered Corin, driving him into deep depression and an obsession with techmaturgy. He could not stand the void his daughter's death left in his life, so he decided to build a replacement – one that would complete Orianna's dream of joining the League. What was created is the clockwork killing machine that Corin named after his daughter. Knowing that she was destined to be a champion and seeing the way the times were changing, he created The Ball as her pet and protector. This nearly symbiotic creation uses a different type of techmaturgy, relying more heavily on electricity than clockwork.

Orianna and The Ball now fight as Champions in the League of Legends, using the Clockwork Girl's sometimes misguided morality as a compass. She tries in earnest to fit in with those around her. However, no matter how hard she tries, Orianna can never be human and there is always something unnerving and alien about her. Though she attempts social interaction with other champions in the League of Legends, there are few who can get past her exotic nature. To many, it's as if there's nothing inside, that Orianna is just a soulless clockwork shell – a dangerous and deadly one at that. However, all along she remains the perfect daughter in her father's eyes.

“Dance with me, my pet. Dance with me into oblivion.”

Abilities:

Passive – Clockwork Windup: Orianna’s autoattack deal additional magic damage every hit, subsequent attacks on the same target within a few seconds will add more damage per hit. This bonus stacks up to three times.

Command - Attack: Orianna commands her ball to fly towards target location, dealing damage to targets hit but doing reduced damage for each additional target hit. Her ball remains behind at that location afterwards.

Command – Dissonance: Orianna commands her ball to emit a magnetic pulse, dealing damage to units around it. Afterwards, the ball leaves a field behind for a few seconds that speeds up allies and slows enemies.

Command – Protect
(Passive): The allied champion the ball is attached to gains bonus Armor and Magic Resistance.
(Active): Orianna commands her ball to fly to and attach onto an allied champion, dealing damage to enemies it passes through and shielding the allied champion when it arrives.

Command – Shockwave: Orianna commands her ball to emit a shockwave after a short delay, flinging affected enemies in the vicinity into the air a set distance towards, and possibly over, her ball.
... To be honest though, her design isn't what I'd thought it'd be, but that's just aesthetics, and I still definitely want to play this champ. Her skill set seems like a harder version of Lux without the snare [which Lux really needs to pull off her combo], so I'm wondering how she'll be in lane] but QWE seems like a really good combo.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-27, 01:06   Link #811
Kafriel
Senior Guest

If I'm reading this right she's got an AoE knockup/fling that can be combined with an AoE slow/haste? Need to know more about her passive and how much it affects skill damage...if it doesn't matter much (like many passives), this one will be up for a nerf soon
Quote:
Flash is also your opponent best friend then
Kog is easy to kill with his low hp & no escape. Well he have his E to slow but still.
I play him AS with Madred mix with Q. And then rush Frozen mallet for HP & slow , he really needs it.
AP is viable too , i like spamming his ult (with blue buff ofc )
LOL, true enough^^ I can play Kog both ways, but prefer AD/AS because his damage is more consistent and fully takes advantage of his W. My only problem is that MR stacking enemies fall hard, and you can't really afford Mpen on a physical dps, so it's a bit of a tough call sometimes.
Old 2011-05-27, 01:33   Link #812
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Play AP for safety, and carpet bombing is fun. Beside, AD is working wonderfully against MR stacking opponents.
Old 2011-05-31, 00:28   Link #813
Velsy

I reached level 30 last night finally!

So today I doing my first Tribunal case, and listening to two people aruging, ones telling him that hes that bad, he should quit right now and uninstall the game. But so far nothing that I think that should be punished. they reported player is Vlad 0/6/2

Other 12 of his games were similar, just flat out leaving after he would die, or text said he would be feeding intentionally. So I guess I punished him.
Old 2011-05-31, 09:05   Link #814
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I've been taking on 10 cases a day and I still haven't voted to pardon anyone...honestly, people are stupid to the core, they are intent on feeding 0/55/0 or 0/30/0 in ranked games, ragequitting at 5 mins because they die, non-stop N0000B spamming and lots of cursing. Even if I find ONE good game a player may have had, the other 6 will be rotten 100% of the time. Still love the tribunal though
Old 2011-05-31, 12:24   Link #815
Albafica
Pisces no saint

I pardon some people, 2-3 for saying "noobs" because there were feeders in their teams and they had good ratio K/D. But most of the time.... SAKUJO! SAKUJO! SAKUJO!

Sakujo only feeders (on purpose), quit, afk, a lot of flame, racism.

BTW I was watching Dreamhack qualif', so:

In EU: Sk gaming will not go to dreamhack. It will be AAA (french team ), Gamedde (team of Zylor/Reyk from previous WCG) and FNATIC (best eu team in my opinion).

in US: it will be CLG (it was difficult for them... their last game against Rock Solid team was suspicious IMO but ok...), Team solo mid and epik gaming.

I watched some matchs and I think EU will pwn US!
Old 2011-05-31, 13:08   Link #816
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Yeah me too i pardon people with only "noobs" calls & the others feeding the game.
and sometimes i also want to condamn the others players too...

Yeah , US esl was shitty... watched their games , they aren't that great compared to EU.
EU will definitely win ! Unless if it's suspicious as VS Rock Solid , really the game was terrible....
Old 2011-06-01, 11:53   Link #817
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Super LOL Wars... Epic isn't it? If you agree, vote for it!

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board....php?p=9294890

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-01, 12:10   Link #818
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Hahaha, Garen thinks he's Guts or something xD Pretty funny, gotta love the power of DEMACIAAAAA!
Old 2011-06-02, 10:36   Link #819
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Lol awesome , have to test Ashe+Ez+Lux combo too
But well , add Galio's ult & Nunu's ult = pawnage.

So Orianna cost 4800 , who bought her ? I read that she's difficult to play. I like Difficult champ
Old 2011-06-02, 11:04   Link #820
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Bought her, she really is the most difficult champion to use as of now. The Ball would have been hax if not for the leash; it limits her action range to a near-dangerous area, and The Ball has an average flying speed, average AP ratios on her moves, above average mana costs and a boatload of utility. Having no escape mechanism, she is easy to kite or just assassinate, but because she needs both mana and some CDR, building survivability can be tough (RoA+Morello's works fine, although she may need a bit more than that). Decent passive, maybe I'll try an AS/AP build for kicks later on. Surprisingly well-balanced for a first release.

Tags
league of legends, lol